Emma Johnson (Emma's Rectangle)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm smaller than Emma and I never buy size 8 clothing although there's maybe a few items I might be able to fit into, but I always generally buy a 10 if I'm going tight fitting so I would be amazed if she fits size 8 clothing. She's got an amazing body though and I'd love to have even half of her confidence!
I generally really like Emma, she's great to put on in the background, she's got a nice on screen presence and soothing voice and she's quite funny and different to most other influencers! I love her style for the most part; the only thing that grates on me is the overlining of her lips even though she had filler and the close together eyebrows. Oh and the long ass nails.

Reactions: 4
Anyone know the deal with her and her boyfriend? I can't quite work their relationship out😂 in her newest renovation vlog she was saying how he has no storage space but surely she knew he'd be moving back from uni after his last year so why not accomodate for that in the renovations? Was he never supposed to be moving in with her?

Anyone know the deal with her and her boyfriend? I can't quite work their relationship out😂 in her newest renovation vlog she was saying how he has no storage space but surely she knew he'd be moving back from uni after his last year so why not accomodate for that in the renovations? Was he never supposed to be moving in with her?
I assume not, he’s then ended up moving in during this and they must have made the decision, I think in a vlog she said they’d had a conversation about it

it’s odd because I thought the same as you when the house was being renovated it was supposed to be he moved in once he finished uni but then it never materialised and now she’s saying they’ve had the conversation about maybe moving in together, if they’ve been in lockdown the last however many weeks why it just call it a day and have him stay there 🤷‍♀️.

Reactions: 3
Seeing a lot of these kinda comments whenever someone clearly overweight decides to shed some pounds to be healthier and happier. It's just really petty :unsure: She could've milked her weightloss a lot more than she has on her channels.
Agreed. I actually don't think her personality has changed at all. She just looks different now and it seems to be bugging people.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
also couldn’t stand her calling her bf Timmy all the time like a little baby
oh my god this!!! The one saving grace is that she’s stopped speaking to him in that horrendous baby voice she used to put on!

He moved back in with his parents after uni, which I found a bit strange.
She kept emphasising that the plan was for him to move in “eventually” but not at the moment. It was all very weird

Does anyone know what happened to her mum/if she has a relationship with her, I’ve tried going back and watching as many videos as I can but I can’t seem to find anything, I do like the majority of Emma’s content
Her mum is around. She went to Cornwall or somewhere at Christmas with her sister and her mum was there, but I don’t think she has the best of relationships with her.

She had a vlog channel back in the day, she used to daily vlog. She used to make comments about it. I got the impression it was down to her mum that her parents marriage ended she said in one of the videos that her sister moved out with her mum but there was never any any question about her staying with her dad. She was also very close to her dads parents. She used to go to Scotland to stay with them a lot. I think her grandad has now passed away tho, and her grandma has moved in with her dad

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I don’t mind Emma, I watch her vlogs when there’s not much other option or I’ve watched everything 🙈 I enjoy her clothing choices so like the fashion stuff, I like her house stuff too but can’t bare how cluttered and dirty her house looks so don’t even notice half the house decor because she just has piles of tit everywhere. It makes me shiver when she’s constantly showing leggings off and they look too tight even for leggings and all I notice is the huge vagina bulge constantly 😂

• Haha
Omg was just thinking yeah! She is doing some good videos again (redecorating bedroom) then BAM another sodding what I eat in a day 😂😂😂
We don’t need any more what I eat in a days Emma!

In this weeks vlog where she spoke to Tim so babyish!!! When he got up before her and made his own breakfast as he had to start work and she went on about it, like why would you want to do everything? Like you’re not his mum...

I feel like she is developing really bad habits following her weight loss. She's obsessed with saying she's a size 8-10. She's posting her calorie burns on her Instagram. On her most recent vlog someone else commented saying how disordered some of the things she's saying and doing are and I really agree.

Reactions: 8
she just gets right under my skin and I can’t put my finger on it. Things like putting a haul up and putting in the title ‘SIZE 8-10’ it just puts me off .. she’s done great losing the weight but it makes me feel like she’s just like any other influencer/you tuber now, obsessed with the size on her clothes.
Just because this is a rave about thread I feel the need to point out she's always put her sizes in her clothing hauls, even when she was bigger - I thought it was just so people that might be looking for things for their similar body type can find the video? I don't think it's meant to be showing off

Actually really proud of her for her fitness journey - it was done with the intention of being fitter for travelling and she's always seemed happy and confident no matter her size, just now she seems more confident in herself because she knows she's healthier and happier because of it?

Just because this is a rave about thread I feel the need to point out she's always put her sizes in her clothing hauls, even when she was bigger - I thought it was just so people that might be looking for things for their similar body type can find the video? I don't think it's meant to be showing off

Actually really proud of her for her fitness journey - it was done with the intention of being fitter for travelling and she's always seemed happy and confident no matter her size, just now she seems more confident in herself because she knows she's healthier and happier because of it?
When “Size 14” was in her video titles before it was indicative of being a mid-size/plus size range. It followed the trend set by the likes of Lucy Wood and Helen Anderson. The majority of influencers who are more “standard size” don’t really include their size in video titles, so you can see why it might come across to some as “showing off” when combined with a fitness journey in between.

I agree with you that her reasons for losing weight seemed healthy, for travelling and being fitter, however I think that her behaviours in recent videos show quite unhealthy attitudes towards her body - with over exercising to combat periods of over eating. Ultimately, her viewers are young women and many of those may have come from her Fitness Journey so she needs to be more responsible about how she talks about food and exercise.

Reactions: 12
I’m very confused by what she was saying on her vlog for her exercise vs what she showed on her Instagram story, she would have done yoga and 2 20 min work outs, I don’t know if it’s because she feels like she’s been sat around at home so she’s going double speed? It seems very odd

I’m very confused by what she was saying on her vlog for her exercise vs what she showed on her Instagram story, she would have done yoga and 2 20 min work outs, I don’t know if it’s because she feels like she’s been sat around at home so she’s going double speed? It seems very odd
I find it very strange that someone would post their workout stats like that on Instagram Stories anyway. I don't know what it's proving - maybe I'm missing something but I've never known people to do that. Is it accountability? The critic in me wonders if it's a boast, because I can't imagine that it's particularly motivational to others - but maybe I am wrong?

Emma legit used to be one of my fave youtubers and I used to watch pretty much everything that she posted. Recently I just feel like she’s reaaaaaaally milking this whole fitness/dieting thing and it’s becoming boring :sleep: Everytime she posts ANOTHER ‘what I eat in a day’ a part of me dies a bit inside. Just really not a fan anymore :confused:

Reactions: 12
Her shilling Fabletics clothing really annoys me because those kind of shops are so predatory the way they charge you for VIP membership. I also hate it when she spams her stories with people making stewed apples or tortilla pizzas when she didn't exactly invent those recipes!

Reactions: 5
She's becoming insufferable, and now the commenters are asking she makes an e-cookbook. Please, no. I see it now... banana bread, protein pancakes, granola, chilli, and as @amylia said - those truly original stewed apples and tortilla pizzas.

Reactions: 6
I agree with you guys, I'm getting so bored of food content - I don't mind it every now and then but I much prefer her make up or fashion content. The press on nails make me so uncomfortable lol

I agree with you guys, I'm getting so bored of food content - I don't mind it every now and then but I much prefer her make up or fashion content. The press on nails make me so uncomfortable lol
Especially when her cooking repertoire is as bland as her mate soph 😂😂😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.