Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At least she would have somewhere to wear all these outfits though right? She’s the definition of all dressed up and nowhere to go. It makes me a bit sad.

Reactions: 8
This question could be asked in most if not all the threads - but what would she even do? If/when the bubble bursts it’s not as though her current experience is unique. Emma has previous work experience (unlike some others) but that’s outdated by now. Assuming she wanted any semblance of a “normal job” and was able to get her arse into gear, why would anyone hire her over someone else?

And these influencers also face the conundrum of having their “selves”online. Yes their portfolio is online but so are their “personalities”. I for one get the benefit of putting my best foot/face forward when applying for jobs.They don’t know until it’s too late that my punctuality sucks and I’m actually a crap team worker.

Whereas all their flaws are online. Stroppy mare who can’t commit to any workload or deadlines. Poor attitude and rude. Crumbles when faced with pressure. (Yes we don’t know what is going behind the scenes but don’t they realise us plebs have stuff going on behind the scenes too? Some days I cry as I get dressed but then I have to glue a smile on and drag myself into the office anyway.)

sorry for the long post but I’ve been wondering this for a while (for all the threads I follow) and this seemed the perfect time to ask.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This question could be asked in most if not all the threads - but what would she even do? If/when the bubble bursts it’s not as though her current experience is unique. Emma has previous work experience (unlike some others) but that’s outdated by now. Assuming she wanted any semblance of a “normal job” and was able to get her arse into gear, why would anyone hire her over someone else?

And these influencers also face the conundrum of having their “selves”online. Yes their portfolio is online but so are their “personalities”. I for one get the benefit of putting my best foot/face forward when applying for jobs.They don’t know until it’s too late that my punctuality sucks and I’m actually a crap team worker.

Whereas all their flaws are online. Stroppy mare who can’t commit to any workload or deadlines. Poor attitude and rude. Crumbles when faced with pressure. (Yes we don’t know what is going behind the scenes but don’t they realise us plebs have stuff going on behind the scenes too? Some days I cry as I get dressed but then I have to glue a smile on and drag myself into the office anyway.)

sorry for the long post but I’ve been wondering this for a while (for all the threads I follow) and this seemed the perfect time to ask.
Agree totally; many would find it hard being accountable to an employer.
I haven’t posted on Emma’s thread in ages as simply hadn’t looked at her Insta as she’s just too dull.

Her hair is looking much nicer the longer length, and I think the natural darker colour and wavy texture really suits her too. She has also lost a noticeable amount of weight - but that’s all I’ll say on that.

Reactions: 5
Lol,on her stories she says she loves the Raey jeans so much she bought them in all 4 colours.
This,from someone with a bendy rail of denim (since replaced, but no doubt soon to start bending again!), and who doesn't appear to have a job that requires leaving home for, in the middle of a lockdown....and it isn't like she actually slowed down her consumption of THINGS in the last year either!

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks this is abnormal?She really seems to have lost touch with reality. I know she no longer shares her personal life on social media, so we don't know all the details, but what does she need so many of the same things for???????

• Heart
Reactions: 11
£560 on jeans I mean I know it’s her job but as everyone said she doesn’t leave the house! She barely did anyway before the whole corona thing at least that’s the impression she gave on social media her big trips out seemed to be to get her eyebrows done or to go Friday’s or some other chain restaurant it seems like she really does live in a bubble of jumpers, jeans and painting rooms

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The thing is I think she would really struggle going back to a regular job again due to her hermit like life and social anxiety
This!!! My anxiety, panic disorder, and hermit-ness got so much better once I started working at a 40 hour a week job where I had to go to the office. It was so hard at first and I had days where I had to talk myself down from panic attacks and some days I struggled to not leave early. But I got used to it (it took me a couple years) and before the pandemic I'd only have to leave early maybe twice a year (a huge improvement from before where I couldn't be away from the house more than two hours).

I have no idea how I will go back to the office after the pandemic. After years of Emma being home and us seeing her slowly get worse I don't think she could go back. I was at my lowest point when I started working and I struggled a lot and the only reason I didn't give up was bc of my massive student loans. I think after being her own boss for so long Emma will struggle and without a big motivation I don't think she could do it. If I could have avoided working outside the house I would have.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can’t see her going back to flog shoes at Kurt Geiger ..... that’s a hell of a lot of sandals sold to spent £500 + on every colour combo of jeans !

Reactions: 7
I can’t see her going back to flog shoes at Kurt Geiger ..... that’s a hell of a lot of sandals sold to spent £500 + on every colour combo of jeans !
could you imagine her face if a customer kept asking to try a different size or style? I can imagine her lobbing a box at me!

• Haha
could you imagine her face if a customer kept asking to try a different size or style? I can imagine her lobbing a box at me!
This! She used to own her own pet supply store, too. I could totally see her being all fake-sweet to customers but then the mask cracks once she needs to sort out any kind of problem. Not everyone can deal with people. You have to be patient, empathetic, tactful, and likable. Emma is none of those things, and I’m sure people can smell her insecurity from a mile away.

Reactions: 5
I actually feel a bit sorry for her I wonder if she had ever had a good time doing anything other than shopping online?!

Reactions: 4
Do we think Simon is working somewhere else now? I think that would be good for both of them even if money is not a problem (and it doesn't seem to be as spending is carrying on even though she hasn't really been working for a year)

HA! In Emma's dreams! I mean, she's looking loads better with the longer, wavy hair, but let's not get carried away 😂
LOL, they have the same scowl face 🤣🤣🤣

She looks exactly like another instagrammer called Anoukyve at the minute
Anoukyve always comments on Emma’s IG. LOL browsing her IG and she photoshops her ass to make it look not like a pancake. DEAD.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
Lisa McGrillis Kelly from the tv program Mum

Sorry I meant Anoukyve is like her style wise facially I think the Mum actress

Reactions: 3
Anyone else shocked and appalled by the amount of shoes she has!?

Reactions: 3
shocked, appalled, disgusted.

I hate the “you’d be so much prettier if you smiled.” But fuuuuckkkk she always looks like she either ate a lemon whole or just said some mean girl snide remark.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if she buys so much stuff because her life feels empty? So many influencers don’t actually DO anything in real life, so maybe buying stuff fills the gap? I know she says it’s her job...so buying stuff to produce outfits that other people might wear...to things you don’t actually do yourself? Office, meetings, etc. It’s so sad and depressing.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.