Emma Hill #4 Turd of a human being

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s all pointless while the double glazing in the doors have all blown and it will be too expensive to heat in a month or so.
I also suspect that the finish on the painting will look dreadful soon.
It’s just shite content as Em Meh CBA doing any proper “ fashion “ vlogs any more.

Reactions: 5
It’s all pointless while the double glazing in the doors have all blown and it will be too expensive to heat in a month or so.
I also suspect that the finish on the painting will look dreadful soon.
It’s just shite content as Em Meh CBA doing any proper “ fashion “ vlogs any more.
And then at the end to admit they still don’t know if they’ll keep the pool! Then what was the freaking point ya dolt?!

Reactions: 8
I unfollowed Emma ages ago and I just had a look...she is lost! That house is hideous. Looks cheap and badly finished. Can't believe how much she has changed and not for the better. Not surprised she's stuck to a budget because I can't imagine brands wanting to work with her.

Reactions: 17
And then at the end to admit they still don’t know if they’ll keep the pool! Then what was the freaking point ya dolt?!
Though it was soooooooo long ago now, I have a vague recollection that part one was sponsored by a paint company. So we was obviously on the hunt for an area she could show off different types of paint. I guess without the #AD the pool would still be mouldy and unused.

Did she really did just say she's a lover of mid-century modern and fell in love with the wooden panelled ceiling in the pool house? Yet ripped up an original parquet floor?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
YouTube did not notify me with her new Pool video… nothing in my main page.. even if I still follow her… I suppose she’s being banned by the algorithm that detects only videos which make sense 😉

Reactions: 2
Did she really did just say she's a lover of mid-century modern and fell in love with the wooden panelled ceiling in the pool house? Yet ripped up an original parquet floor?
What is “mid century modern”? Is it term just used for furniture?
I have heard other vloggers use the term in relation to furniture and I always wonder what they are on about.
Does it mean mid-last century i.e. 1950’s?
The stuff they describe as mid century modern never looks particularly 1950’s. Apologies for being so thick ☺

Reactions: 3
What is “mid century modern”? Is it term just used for furniture?
I have heard other vloggers use the term in relation to furniture and I always wonder what they are on about.
Does it mean mid-last century i.e. 1950’s?
The stuff they describe as mid century modern never looks particularly 1950’s. Apologies for being so thick ☺
It refers to 50s / 60s design. I blame Mad Men. People seem to be moving on from mid century to Pacific coastal

It refers to 50s / 60s design. I blame Mad Men. People seem to be moving on from mid century to Pacific coastal
Thanks a mill for explaining that.
If someone is wearing 1950s/60’s style clothes, people just say that’s a fifties/sixties style etc. It is weird that furniture is not described in the same way and instead, they use nebulous terms like mid-century modern!
I have even less of an idea what pacific coastal is! I am assuming it refers to
North America’s pacific coast?!

Reactions: 1
Thanks a mill for explaining that.
If someone is wearing 1950s/60’s style clothes, people just say that’s a fifties/sixties style etc. It is weird that furniture is not described in the same way and instead, they use nebulous terms like mid-century modern!
I have even less of an idea what pacific coastal is! I am assuming it refers to
North America’s pacific coast?!
She is a nonsensical word salad besides being a turd. 😂

• Haha
I follow Valiance_home on IG, she wraps her kitchen. She wrap her kitchen cabinet too but it was done so much nicer than Emma did. Check it out

Reactions: 1
Mid-century modern is an American design movement (itself influenced by Bauhaus) typically understood as post-WWII until the mid-60s that influenced architecture, urban development, interiors, etc. Think van der Rohe, Frank Lloyd Wright, Le Corbusier, Eames, Aalto, etc. Emma’s “aesthetic” isn’t MCM. As with everything that influencers touch, MCM has become commercialized and completely diluted by H&M and Zara.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Mid-century modern is an American design movement (itself influenced by Bauhaus) typically understood as post-WWII until the mid-60s that influenced architecture, urban development, interiors, etc. Think van der Rohe, Frank Lloyd Wright, Le Corbusier, Eames, Aalto, etc. Emma’s “aesthetic” isn’t MCM. As with everything that influencers touch, MCM has become commercialized and completely diluted by H&M and Zara.
And the fact that she referred to her Noguchi lamp as a "Vitra" tells you all you need to know about how much Emma knows about mid-century modern. She has no respect for history or design craft whatsoever. Look at what she's done to the bungalow and their old London house: both are totally stripped of any period details and character. Contrary to what people think, modernism (in art and architecture) is not about blank canvases or living in a white box, nor is it simply an "aesthetic." All she represents is empty consumerism, and chasing after form while not giving a thought to function.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
To be fair her “ London “ house was quite possibly the ugliest house on the ugliest road on the outskirts of London.
She portrayed something very different on her YT and Instagram accounts as there was no way she could get content where she lived and would have to travel every time she needed footage or photos. I hated the terraced house, it looked cheap and nasty.
The bunga is just filled with reproduction furniture.
She has no style buying everything from Zara or HM to look MCM - you need to source and it takes time and energy. I would be buying timeless vintage pieces but that’s just me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
To be fair her “ London “ house was quite possibly the ugliest house on the ugliest road on the outskirts of London.
She portrayed something very different on her YT and Instagram accounts as there was no way she could get content where she lived and would have to travel every time she needed footage or photos. I hated the terraced house, it looked cheap and nasty.
The bunga is just filled with reproduction furniture.
She has no style buying everything from Zara or HM to look MCM - you need to source and it takes time and energy. I would be buying timeless vintage pieces but that’s just me.
Where was her old house before, not asking for address but rather area?
Found. Wow her house was so soulless

Last edited:
Reactions: 2