Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pasodoble

Many thanks to @Silly Sausage for the thread title!
Life at the beige bunga continues, as Emma and Simon entertain themselves with exciting activities such as making biscuit pyramids, filling storage jars with nuts and seeds, and painting everything in Little Greene Joanna (including the gym equipment). Now she lives a quieter life just off the motorway in rural Kent, Emma entertains herself by eating three weeks' worth of pastries in 24hrs and working at her angles, whilst setting up a tripod and pretending to take photographs in a mirror that doesn't exist. She also appears to be gearing up for a world record in how many different shades of wood can you cram into one house and just how long can you string out a balayage, before you are forced, kicking and screaming, to go to a hairdresser. Unfortunately, Emma appears to have spent all her money on overpriced Toteme sweaters and 159 pairs of identical Veja trainers and has no cash left for a haircut. With tumbling views, no original content and desperate for some aff links, she decides to make a riveting video all about ... candle making

(sorry, dozed off there for a second)

and when politely challenged about her inability to distinguish weight from volume, proceeded to call one of her subscribers a turd. This was quickly Gleamed away, leaving Emma determined to become a better version of herself an even more miserable cow. She has since found new and innovative ways to insult, patronise and snap at the people who pay for her lifestyle her subscribers, starting with a giant rant about how much she hates birthdays. Meanwhile, Simon sits in the dark silence of his black walk-in wardrobe, staring at his unworn Gucci trainers and wondering how his turd-coloured Yoo Choob channel life came to this.
A plethora of regret.
A veritable plethora of regret.
If you will.

Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 10.22.50.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

Al Fresco

VIP Member
This looks like someone in a straight jacket with all harmful objects removed. I never get past the first couple of minutes anymore. She really needs cheering up.

8C45E2D6-7B7D-4360-82E1-7FB09A3C91E3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

Gusber

Chatty Member
A few weeks ago, I commented on a video regarding her blatant freebie beg for a jumper. She had emailed the retailer with a very inane question about the jumper and waddayaknow, the company saw she was THE Emma Hill and sent it to her for freeeeeee! I commented how blatant it was and asked, if she’d been about to pay anyway, why not go ahead, and, if she rates the jumper, mention it in a video anyway! Or, in these expensive times (for those of us who have to pay), buy herself one and accept the freebie to send to a follower, or something. Then, everyone benefits. The reply I got back was so bitchy. She even said, “I’ve come across women like you before…” 😳 She told me I haven’t a clue about ‘this industry‘ and how it works. Apparently, she, or her morals/ethics are never to be queried. I replied back and told her my career and added a few facts about how many of us currently feel about influencers and their frivolous accumulation of #kindlygifted items, that you and I, who do actually PAY for our goods are funding - a company’s marketing budget is only as good as profits from OUR purchases allow - and my reply was swiftly deleted and I assume I’m blocked. Simon shouldn’t allow her into her own comments section. She has no idea how to communicate with people. Yes, she has a talent for talking about clothes veeeeerrrrrryyyy slowly, as if she’s addressing a bunch of toddlers and I’m genuinely impressed by her ability to shoehorn in the word ‘plethora’ to every video but she can’t handle other people’s thoughts at all.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
One million pairs of trainers carefully stored in individual clear plastic boxes but only one set of bedding, you couldn’t make it up 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Hello :) I'm posting for the first time but I've been reading this thread for a while. I used to like Emma very much and look forward to her videos, until she changed, and became so patronizing and insincere claiming to care about the environment while continuing to shop excessively, constantly ordering online, consuming countless paint sample cans before making her mind, destroying so many cool parts in their new house (the beautiful wooden floors and other cool 60s touches, the great modern kitchen they either threw away or wrapped in plastic, and so on). I can't bear her superior airs, how she sloooowly explains things that most people have know for ages, and how she snaps at her viewers and followers when they don't write what she wants to hear, even when they are very polite and mean well. She looks down on people. She hates colours with a passion and that's ok, it's her taste, but she does it in such condescending way, as if colours were tasteless and basically a sin. She's turned into such a snob.

Also I find it quite impolite that she often shows up unkept in her videos, with awful hair and split ends for months, her nail polished chipped or largely showing the bed of the nail, dog hairs on her clothes and hugely oversized clothes that drown her completely and so unflattering. I was taught that when you meet people, even your friends, at home or elsewhere, it is polite to present yourself clean, nice and put together! But she doesn't seem to care. Even though it's her job.

Today I read an article in the Daily Mail about flight assistants who explained that the worst travellers are NOT the parents with a crying or noisy baby but the OTHER passengers who repeatedly complain about the parents and babies during a flight! That reminded me of a post by Emma Hill on her blog, about a "horrible" flight she experienced because of awful parents and their baby, and her rant about how she HATES to travel around children and their parents, and basically hates them. I hope she read the Daily Mail and finds out that SHE is the one classified as one of the worst travellers!
I know it's unpleasant when children cry and are noisy on a flight, and some parents can be annoying. But babies can't help it if they feel tired or need to be changed in a plane (to Emma's horror). And parents usually feel so embarrassed and helpless when it happens.

[I'm sorry for any mistakes,😊 English isn't my native language).

• Heart
Reactions: 32

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
The thousands of pounds worth of jeans have been disappeared because they don’t fit. But rather than address it as normal consequence of weight fluctuation, getting older etc we’re going to pretend we’re more into trousers now.
I’d be more sympathetic if she hadn’t spent years humblebragging about effortlessly staying slim.

Reactions: 31

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
She needs to shut tf up about anything to do with mindful consumption, considered purchases etc. Her behaviour and the contradictory preaching to her audience is grotesque.

Reminder

D1BD1050-BFEC-4367-954E-B74F7A1E2327.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
The autumn winter wardrobe switch-over is coming our way!riveting! Yay. 🙄
Emma - "I'm going to put away this black blazer and get out this black blazer from storage, I'm going to put away these wide leg beige trousers and get out these wide leg beige trousers from storage"

Viewing figures will be through the roof on Sunday.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

poopettemetis

VIP Member
There is nothing more annoying than British influencers and their “come with me as I be a pretentious prick IN THE ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE” 🙄🙄🙄

You live in the suburbs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

diand

She has been extremely busy removing any tiny sign of personality from her wardrobe, her home, and her husband. I imagine her dream is to paint herself beige to blend into the walls. Slowly getting there!
next step is to rename herself Joanna

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Libertine

VIP Member
“Because we don’t work with a large amount of brands…”

Number Emma, number. Amount relates to measurement such as length, mass and weight. Number relates to things we can count.

And so on and so forth.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

graceanatomy

Chatty Member
It doesn’t make sense, she doesn’t seem remotely like a person who would enjoy Disney ANYTHING never mind DisneyLAND. She seems like someone who is 100% serious and hates any kind of fun. I just don’t get it. Make it make sense to me!

• Haha
Reactions: 24

pasodoble

Finally managed to watch that documentary online ... and she's like on it for tops one minute?? I can't believe it fecked her up so much that she suddenly because Ms Minimalist and dumped her love of all things Zara.
Sadly a muppet like Emma doesn't seem to appreciate that over-buying expensive beige sweaters and owning seventy-four pairs of identical Converse is no different to marching up your local high street every Saturday afternoon with a giant Primark bag. It's still over-consumption, no matter what price tag is on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Emma’s rinse, wash, repeat style content is getting irritating. Actually every influencer’s is. Transitional dressing…same video every year. If you’re in your 20s/30s and need this burnt hair bint to explain layering then I feel bad for you.

I know this is all just for the affiliate link income being marketed as advice or inspiration, but whew it’s exhausting.

• Haha
Reactions: 23