Emma Hill #2 Content is reduced, reused, and recycled, but her wardrobe is brandnew

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why wouldn't she keep her coats downstairs? That is taking up so much wardrobe space. Also there is no way I'd walk all the way up the stairs to get pajamas nor just to get every day shoes.

just seems so wasteful to have so much stuff when all her outfits look the same

Also this top comment kills me "Everything looks great... not sure if you realize how naturally creative you are". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Ok, I watched. I have thoughts LOL

- I’m assuming the coats will be swapped out for her summer bits? They take up SO much space and they just assault your eyes as soon as you walk in.
- There’s no “flow” to the space. If you’re dressing, you’d go under things to shirt/pants to shoes to coat. She’s just bouncing all over the room. Maybe I’m weird, but I like a flow.
- Where are all her button downs and t-shirts? Both I would assume she’d be wearing as layers under knitwear.
- LOL to her condescending “we’ve never seen moths” as if she expected them because the former owners were such slobs according to her. I wouldn’t be surprised if she does get moths because nothing is protected and the clothes are right by dank and drafty eaves.
- The ottoman looks so cheap.
- The “styling” of the room with the coffee table books is just so stupid and really just another surface for dust.
- That didn’t look like all her sweatsuits/loungewear. She has a number of matching cashmere looking sets.
- Where’s her (aesthetically pleasing, of course) laundry hamper?
- Those were a lot of bins full of summer stuff.
- I’d like to see the rails she kept going on about and what’s still hanging on those.
- Why wouldn’t you have your scarves, gloves and winter hats by the door? Same with all the everyday coats. Why was the Totem dog walking coat upstairs and not hanging downstairs? Does she seriously go upstairs to grab her coat before leaving then walk it all the way back upstairs to put it back? I guess when you’re an influencer and have a ton of time on your hands, voluntarily inconveniencing yourself is acceptable 🤷🏻‍♀️
- Hilarious she just replaced all her black hangers with wooden ones that were initially replaced by the black ones. But she still had to buy all new wooden hangers 😂 What a waste.

In my opinion, if you have to take all your clothes off the rails and out of drawers in order to swap them for a different season’s worth of clothing, YOU HAVE TOO MUCH CLOTHING.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Let’s talk about her nails…. If she’s so obsessed with perfection… why would she have them scraped off?? 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I keep my pyjamas in a drawer! And my jumpers! Agree about the over consumption. She has so many bags, coats and sunglasses. What really got me was switching out the hangers though. A totally unnecessary change. Switching the blind and the box for her wardrobe care kit because of aesthetics are other examples. I wouldn't mind so much if she didn't preach about sustainability in other videos. She needs to stop talking about sustainability if she's going to do things like this.
I agree, you can't talk about sustainability with that much stuff. Also, by Emma's own admission she has a limited social life and doesn't seem to have many friends. So why do you need so many clothes?

Reactions: 11
Just watched it and I now remember why I stopped watching her content when lockdowns started. It's still the same shite and she just drones on about nothing at all.
How can she possibly think she is on the sustainability bandwagon with the amount of stuff she has? I know a ton is gifted, but who the hell needs that many coats? I'm sure she's hiding away a lot more! No way she's pared back her jeans to this amount. These must be her "winter jeans" and I'll bet we see triple the number pulled out of tubs when she switches over for summer. :rolleyes:
She had a chance to really downsize with the move and yet here she remains, settled in the pit of over-consumption, full of half-hearted justifications for her life of excess (and nothing screams pointless excess like replacing that many perfectly good hangers)!

Sorry, I think I'm just repeating what most of you have already said, but it always amazes me just how much of a hypocrite she is. She's so far away from being content with what she owns, and I genuinely think she's got a shopping addiction.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Did anyone notice how Emma made Simon crawl into the eaves storage space in the dressing room? That's where the most of her clothes live.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Just watched the video. I feel like this walk in wardrobe / room is created for her work only like a showroom. For brands she works with, photos and videos. I guess 90% of her clothes are stored somewhere else.

Reactions: 20
Sorry, babe, but painting everything beige and adding coffee table books on surfaces does not make it stylish. This room is tragic: it’s not functional, it’s weird and it’s not stylish. Everything other people posted here is true. I live in a one level flat and the fact I have to store towels in the bedroom as there’s no space in the bathroom is frankly annoying. Walking up the flight of stairs to get a pair of knickers then getting tshirt and sweatpants from wherever she’s storing them - cmon, not gonna happen. If sheiks so into style she should start with her hair color. Sorry I’m in a ranty mood

Emma Hill #3: Beige, if you will

Sorry I still can’t wrap my head around this whole house, why they bought it and what they are doing to it. It is equally weird and It’s impossible for me not to watch for lolz

and that wall in the study that looks IIke wet freshly plastered wall. And the chair - that material??? Every time I see that textile i want to take Emma’s debobbing apparatus and remove that texture. most of her furniture looks like stuff I’ve seen in my moms magazines from the 70s. Dear god it’s gonna go out of trend way before they are done redoing the house but I guess she’s soon gonna find out her style „evolved „

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
I always get the sense that Emma is inspired heavily (copying) from somewhere regarding her style. She makes sort of ‘in the know’ references as if she thinks her audience includes people to impress, style-wise. It all seems very unnatural. I’m not sure if that makes sense? But her videos have a certain performative quality as if she is trying to prove something.

And I can’t stand it when influencers say their style has evolved. Oh shush, just say you don’t like something anymore like a normal person!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
They surely must plan to stay in that house for a good while as they aren’t really taking an investor view of things, their style is very specific and maybe wouldn’t appeal to those that would be looking to buy a bungalow in that area I.e families. A lot of it seems like a waste of money or just doing things literally as an excuse to make a you tube video which I know is her job but imagine having to do things in your house just to make a video. No wonder they both seem miserable all the time!

• Sad
Reactions: 16
If she likes the mid century modern look she needs to stop buying cheap reproduction furniture and buy original vintage.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If she likes the mid century modern look she needs to stop buying cheap reproduction furniture and buy original vintage.
I agree! But knowing her, she still feels superior because she’s buying her reproductions from trendy Scandi sites instead of West Elm.

She never disclosed how much she paid for her Eames Lounger reproduction (or whether it was real leather or not). She got it shipped from Italy, so with shipping costs I’d think it would be a similar price to an authentic one.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.