Emma Drew #9 Creepy smile, no sense of style.. fitting in Topshop will take a while!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I kind of got the impression that wherever she did go for WLS didn’t take a holistic approach towards it, happy for the surgery but whereas the other lady went to a group with other people who have had the surgery, Emma hasn’t. I’ve been to my Weight Management groups, been to a seminar about the surgery, met the consultant and been invited to the groups with people who’ve had the surgery. I’ve also been referred for psychology sessions to help with my comfort eating (this was due to start lockdown day!) and that’s before the op.

she mentioned about protein etc but what we do see of her meal deals is that there’s little nutritional value to them, no whole foods etc.

Reactions: 13
Emma didn't let that poor girl get a word in last night! It was all me me me!

Reactions: 10

This woman commented on Emma's grid post this morning. Notice how suprised she is to fit into a size 14...
This girl you've posted is actually my best friend and shes done amazingly well and has completely changed her whole life and has completely taken on board everything she was told by her surgeons.. she works out every day and has lost nearly 8stone since august. The determination she has is incredible and I'm so proud of her, she gets so excited when she fits into a smaller size and she has worked so hard to address her food issues Shes tried to give emma advice and stuff but it hasn't been taken on board. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She won’t dump Touches; he does everything for her, surely? Who will drive when she’s in the pop up tent on the back seat?
There are a lot of guys who will put up with all sorts of crap, in my experience it’s surprisingly common. Some have low self esteem, some genuinely like to ‘look after’ their partners even to extremes

She won’t leave him though, for three reasons:
1. She’s been with him so long that leaving probably doesn’t even enter her head (or his)

2. There may be plenty of similar guys out there but I can’t imagine lazy Emma going to the effort of finding and getting to know one

3. I don’t think Emma wants a better offer. She enjoys being the breadwinner. Her and Tony are pretty well matched in looks (though I think Tony could be cuter if he lost weight / took care of himself). Even if she attracted a hotter guy, I think she wouldn’t want that because she wants to be ‘the hot one’ (in her mind)

Reactions: 11
This girl you've posted is actually my best friend and shes done amazingly well and has completely changed her whole life and has completely taken on board everything she was told by her surgeons.. she works out every day and has lost nearly 8stone since august. The determination she has is incredible and I'm so proud of her, she gets so excited when she fits into a smaller size and she has worked so hard to address her food issues Shes tried to give emma advice and stuff but it hasn't been taken on board. 😊
Just to clarify I posted as a positive example and to show contrast between her and Emma who is deluding herself. Your best friend has done so well and actually dedicated in doing the work and looks so happy. But hope I didn't cause any upset sharing her post.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just to clarify I posted as a positive example and to show contrast between her and Emma who is deluding herself. Your best friend has done so well and actually dedicated in doing the work and looks so happy. But hope I didn't cause any upset sharing her post.
Oh yeah I know that! I just wanted to share her story as shes done so amazingly well! We grew up together and and shes always struggled with her weight and shes just done fantastically!
Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh yeah I know that! I just wanted to share her story as shes done so amazingly well! We grew up together and and shes always struggled with her weight and shes just done fantastically!
Xx
I've been following her on Instagram for the last few months as I'm booked in for sleeve weight loss surgery in 2 weeks. She's amazing & such an inspiration!! I know who's advice I'll be taking. NOT Emma's ha ha

Reactions: 15
I watched the whole thing last night and one main thing I noticed was how much the friend had kept to the rules (e.g no fizzy drinks, wait 30 mins to drink before food, avoid alcohol etc) and how much Emma doesn't stick to any of those rules. And she wonders why her progress is slow?!

Reactions: 18
I watched the whole thing last night and one main thing I noticed was how much the friend had kept to the rules (e.g no fizzy drinks, wait 30 mins to drink before food, avoid alcohol etc) and how much Emma doesn't stick to any of those rules. And she wonders why her progress is slow?!
I don't see the point in going through a surgery like that if you are determined to keep your old lifestyle.

I know she said in the live that's she's not worried about losing more weight since her diabetes has been cured and that was the goal. She's still obese and at risk of a lot of other conditions. I always feel she's setting herself up for failure then she can turn around and say she's decided to stick at this weight when she stops losing.

Reactions: 18
I don't see the point in going through a surgery like that if you are determined to keep your old lifestyle.

I know she said in the live that's she's not worried about losing more weight since her diabetes has been cured and that was the goal. She's still obese and at risk of a lot of other conditions. I always feel she's setting herself up for failure then she can turn around and say she's decided to stick at this weight when she stops losing.
I don’t understand her mindset at all. She’s satisfied with absolute bare minimum and deludes herself into believing it is enough. I doubt she’s considered the fact that she’s still at risk of other issues due to her obesity. She carries a lot of weight around her middle section too, which is particularly dangerous

So is she going to take her weight loss more seriously now, as she said last night? Or is she going to follow the same course and stretch out her thumb tum? I find it hard to believe that she didn’t already know about the risks, but now she definitely can’t claim ignorance

Reactions: 14

I was surprised when she said she would be happy if her weight stalled now. Her diabetes can come out of remission, wonder if she is aware of that seeing as she didn't know she could stretch her thumb tum 🤷‍♀️
I thought she looked quite sad and deflated with some of the questions and when the other lady answered she had stuck to the rules.

93522F2D-4D6E-4D6A-A48B-C5BCAFC3AD51.jpeg

Oh sweet lord...
the cat is not amused.
This is supposed to be on a Poundland video. This will put viewers off.

• Haha
OK, I'm going to be absolutely impartial.

Washing hair and, now hairdressers are open, getting a shorter and more layered cut, would not just look cleaner, but would give the appearance of slimming down her face - at the moment, it's very flat at the top of her head and then spreads out just at the widest part, which draws the eye down to exactly the bit she's not too keen on. It would be far easier to manage, could add some natural movement rather than being weighted down and would soften her profile from a widebased triangle or pear shape to one more lifted. In addition, going for a thicker eyebrow (not darker, the colour is a tiny bit too dark already) would help balance out her face a little. As it is, her hair and face shape look much like her figure - smaller on top, very heavy from midway to bottom. Just as a good bra would lift her figure and make her look slimmer, a good haircut would lift her face and make it appear slimmer.

In terms of makeup, whilst the eye stuff is OK if a little dull - paler shades on her lids and the dark on the crease would make her eyes look larger, along with a gentle smudge along the lower lashline to add definition - a slightly darker pink lip colour would look nice, too. Sweeping blusher up from her cheekbones toward her temples would be better than dabbing pink on the apples of her cheeks, too. She needs cool tones - a blue-grey rather than warm brown shadow would suit, as do pinks - and a pearl colour in the inner corners of her eyes would help open them up.

Pinks and cool blues suit her colouring in terms of clothes. Paler ones are in fashion now, they would suit.

I don't think the grey background does her any favours and think a sagey green would be a better choice.

I think that if she learned things like that, she would feel much better about herself and not keep chasing the hit of New Stuff.

I’m astonished she’s said she’d be happy not to lose any more weight. It’s great that her primary goal of ‘curing’ her diabetes has been met but personally, if I’d spent £10k I’d want to make the absolute most out of it. Is it around the 50lb mark she’s lost in total (including the liver reducing diet pre-op)... that means she’s spent a grand per 5lbs lost... doesn’t seem like a worthwhile investment to me, if she’s just going to settle now. Particularly after reading Martha’s comments in previous threads about people actually gaining MORE weight back by abusing their new stomachs.

Not very financially savvy for a so called award winning money blogger.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
I’m astonished she’s said she’d be happy not to lose any more weight. It’s great that her primary goal of ‘curing’ her diabetes has been met but personally, if I’d spent £10k I’d want to make the absolute most out of it. Is it around the 50lb mark she’s lost in total (including the liver reducing diet pre-op)... that means she’s spent a grand per 5lbs lost... doesn’t seem like a worthwhile investment to me, if she’s just going to settle now. Particularly after reading Martha’s comments in previous threads about people actually gaining MORE weight back by abusing their new stomachs.

Not very financially savvy for a so called award winning money blogger.
Some creepy blokes don't like their wives losing weight. Might mean that the wife realises what a waste of space they've got leeching off them, so they encourage them to just have a little bit, it won't hurt, it's only fair that they should enjoy something, etc. In my twatty ex's case, I didn't want the big greasy fry up and decided to make myself beans on toast. The doorbell rang and when I went back into the kitchen, I found him carefully melting an entire block of butter into the beans. His excuse when I asked him what on earth he was doing was 'Oh, I was making them glossy for you' and he acted all hard done by when I refused to eat them, as I was ungrateful and picking on him when he was only helping me and being nice by cooking for me when I'd been so fussy already. There was also a lot of 'you don't need to lose any more', 'I love you how you are', 'why should I go without the things I like because you're not eating them' and so on. Had I had WLS, I'm certain he would have been blending up chocolate bars, cream and syrups into shakes, buying the greasiest, fattiest meals and doing everything he could to increase the calories I consumed. Once I'd realised what he was up to, I tried an experiment - I said I was thinking about taking up a gym membership when I'd lost a couple more pounds. He came home with ice cream that evening, a takeaway the next, wanted another fry up the following morning, then more ice cream, then cream cakes appeared in the fridge the next. And he turned his nose up at any suggestion for food that didn't involve frying, vast amounts of pasta and melted cheese or butter for the next fortnight.

Mr D genuinely doesn't mind either way whether I'm bigger or smaller. As long as I don't start ED behaviours, he cooks what I want how I want it. He came home with seabass fillets that he grilled to serve with boiled potato and salad a couple of days ago, even though he doesn't like wet fish. And he was about to pay for a gym membership at the gym I wanted to go to (it has a pool, so is far, far more expensive) when lockdown happened.

Men with a lot to lose from their wives realising they can do better without the dead weight are a thing in WL.

• Wow
  • Sad
I forgot she lost 21lbs on the pre-WLS diet so really, she's lost maybe 35-40 lbs after surgery. That's crazy considering I've lost more than that since January, I'm a lot smaller than Emma and I've just been eating better, counting calories and exercising regularly.

Reactions: 8
I caught some!

• She knows she is losing slowly, but if she wasn't to lose anymore weight she would still be happy because she has cured her diabetes and that was the main thing she wanted to do
  • She talks like losing 1lb a week is not bad, 5lbs is what she calls a woosh but then literally a few minutes later, Sammie (the other girl on the live) said her partner wanted to lose 2lb and she laughed and said that can be lost doing a poo. 🤷‍♀️
  • She doesn't compare herself to others. Someone on a WLS facebook group has lost 10 stone since having their op in Feb but their starting weight was 27 stone (implying that she is no where near 27 stone so should not compare herself as weight comes off easier at first the bigger you are)
  • At one point a troll said she was eating too much or something but then she checked with her dietitian and she actually wasn't eating enough!
  • Someone said Tony had lost weight, she said he had but it was his story to tell
  • She learned a lot from the live (this Sammie sounds like she's done amazingly) and was quiet surprised to learn that if you stretch your stomach you might need more surgery so she really is going to take it seriously now
  • Hypnotherapy brought back childhood memory that is why she can't diet/lost weight
  • She does not read here but apparently we all say she took the easy way out by having WLS - No Emma, WLS is hard, we all think YOU think it was the easy way out!
I know WLS surgery can be quick. But 10 stone in 4 1/2 months? No way is that true 🤨 that would be incredibly unhealthy surely? She definitely is in the 20+ stone bracket

Reactions: 5
Some creepy blokes don't like their wives losing weight. Might mean that the wife realises what a waste of space they've got leeching off them, so they encourage them to just have a little bit, it won't hurt, it's only fair that they should enjoy something, etc. In my twatty ex's case, I didn't want the big greasy fry up and decided to make myself beans on toast. The doorbell rang and when I went back into the kitchen, I found him carefully melting an entire block of butter into the beans. His excuse when I asked him what on earth he was doing was 'Oh, I was making them glossy for you' and he acted all hard done by when I refused to eat them, as I was ungrateful and picking on him when he was only helping me and being nice by cooking for me when I'd been so fussy already. There was also a lot of 'you don't need to lose any more', 'I love you how you are', 'why should I go without the things I like because you're not eating them' and so on. Had I had WLS, I'm certain he would have been blending up chocolate bars, cream and syrups into shakes, buying the greasiest, fattiest meals and doing everything he could to increase the calories I consumed. Once I'd realised what he was up to, I tried an experiment - I said I was thinking about taking up a gym membership when I'd lost a couple more pounds. He came home with ice cream that evening, a takeaway the next, wanted another fry up the following morning, then more ice cream, then cream cakes appeared in the fridge the next. And he turned his nose up at any suggestion for food that didn't involve frying, vast amounts of pasta and melted cheese or butter for the next fortnight.

Mr D genuinely doesn't mind either way whether I'm bigger or smaller. As long as I don't start ED behaviours, he cooks what I want how I want it. He came home with seabass fillets that he grilled to serve with boiled potato and salad a couple of days ago, even though he doesn't like wet fish. And he was about to pay for a gym membership at the gym I wanted to go to (it has a pool, so is far, far more expensive) when lockdown happened.

Men with a lot to lose from their wives realising they can do better without the dead weight are a thing in WL.
Jesus, that’s really awful and abusive. Glad you’re with someone supportive now. 💖

Reactions: 5
I know WLS surgery can be quick. But 10 stone in 4 1/2 months? No way is that true 🤨 that would be incredibly unhealthy surely? She definitely is in the 20+ stone bracket
I thought she had her op in October. 10 stone in 8 months seems more like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.