Emma Drew #4 New house, same manky bed. Unpack the boxes? Nah, I’ll still nap instead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she is technically 1 day off eating purée and she is eating 2 whole sausages - the mind boggles!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
She's had sausages twice! Processed meat is one of the worst foods to eat normally, let alone after wls. In fact it's also incredibly difficult to digest and very likely to catch on her internal stitches. I'm absolutely gobsmacked. If she's eating like this now she'll soon have regained any weight lost. It's ridiculously easy to warm up some tinned soup, cuppa soup, porridge etc etc. I'm gobsmacked, surprised she hasn't been sick on what she's had.

Reactions: 11
She's had sausages twice! Processed meat is one of the worst foods to eat normally, let alone after wls. In fact it's also incredibly difficult to digest and very likely to catch on her internal stitches. I'm absolutely gobsmacked. If she's eating like this now she'll soon have regained any weight lost. It's ridiculously easy to warm up some tinned soup, cuppa soup, porridge etc etc. I'm gobsmacked, surprised she hasn't been sick on what she's had.
Oh I never even thought of porridge, definitely.

Reactions: 1
I'm in shock not only at what shes eating but how much.my sister in law had WLS and at the stage she was eating like 3tsps of baby food twice a day.
How long until we see her readmitted to hospital because shes cocked it all up?

Reactions: 6
Out of curiosity I looked up what's recommended to eat after weight loss surgery. No lumpy food until 5 weeks when you can introduce a mashed texture (obviously varies slightly for each individual). I hope she doesn't make herself ill

• Wow
Reactions: 2
She’ll be back on those diabetes tablets by Monday and good luck with digesting those adequately.

Reactions: 3
Out of curiosity I looked up what's recommended to eat after weight loss surgery. No lumpy food until 5 weeks when you can introduce a mashed texture (obviously varies slightly for each individual). I hope she doesn't make herself ill
I would say shes in agony right now or A &E!

Dumping can be extremely painful and traumatic to go through. I really hope that she realises she needs to be careful and adapt her ways.

I am in shock. Mash, sausages, beans and cheese!!!! WTF!!!!!

She usually cuts corners with her content. I am shocked she is now cutting corners on her health

I don’t for one moment think WLS is the easy option.

It must also be really hard to be on a liquid diet.

It’s also really hard to deal with complex and emotional eating disorders.

But eating baked beans, a processed cheese triangle and some disgusting sausages makes zero sense to anyone looking at this situation.

This is less than two weeks on from major surgery? I really want Emma to succeed and conquer her demons. But nah, I’m sorry but she’s not got a clue. At this rate the only thing she’ll succeed at is an early grave.

It took me two seconds to google food ideas for 2 weeks post surgery and in every article (including NHS guides) it says NO LUMPS! Purée only. No skins (baked beans and sausages are out then), low fat dairy only, and to prioritise puréed fruit and veg.

She’s so consumed by her eating disorder that she’s literally willing to risk her life in order to eat.
THIS ! She is not a likeable person but regardless of what I am pretty sure most people think about her the way she is going about this will be a shitstorm. Give her a year to prove me wong.

I'm also gobsmacked by her eating already!! That sausage mash and bean portion was pretty big for someone who's just had the surgery!! Plus it isn't just portion size that was the problem in the first place?? It was the sort of tit she was eating. If you eat mainly fruit and veg etc you can eat probably 5x the volume of food someone who eats mainly chips and burgers and tit does because they're so much lower in calories!! She's clearly not showed any change in mindset, all that's going to happen is she's going to stretch out her stomach and carry on eating a load of rubbish.

I was thinking the same. It looked like a decent size portion and she ate loads of it too 🙈
She could easily whizz up some veg soup with one of those Morrison's boxes and that would help tony improve his diet too.

I'm being really thick here but what is the worst that could happen to her? Could the wound on her stomach pop open?

This is from the NHS website. I despair. First FOUR WEEKS after fluids needs to be runny food like yoghurt, weeks 4-6 is mash.

She does seem to be working from a time frame that the dietician has given her. I mean she is still cutting corners but by days not weeks, unless she is lying?! Surely it can't vary that much person to person.

Where did our WLS expert go?

Found this when I googled it (I'm interested):

No matter the procedure, it is important to progress gradually through the post-op diet so your body has time to heal from surgery and you can adjust to the changes.

If you don't follow the post-op diet progression plan, you can:
• disrupt the healing process
• increase the risk of surgical site complications
• experience more pain
• cause vomiting
• dislocate the band (for gastric band patients)

Take time to heal and don't try to rush recovery!

Did you see on her stories she said she couldn't drink for 30 mins after food and 'how could anyone think WLS is the easy option'

- Ok well for a start I can easily go 30 mins without water. I could actually probably go all day if I needed to
- If you were eating things like smoothies, soup etc then you wouldn't need to drink straight after anyway
- We think it's the easy option because your health had got to the point where you had 2 options. Try and eat healthily, exercise and deal with your psychological problems, or WLS. You chose WLS (I have seen no evidence on the former)

TBH I knew that this would happen. I am disgusted by the tinned sausages and dairylea (at first I thought it was butter!). My first thought was that looks very salty

What she eats is up to her and this was obvious. But I don't understand why she is showing it on her stories. For anyone considering WLS this is a bad example. And she is admitting she is failing - I'd personally keep that to myself! And I saw the WLS clinic commented on her post the other day...they could see her stories? Or maybe she's blocked them from seeing her stories...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
For all Mrs Hinch’s faults she has been very goal about her gastric band op going wrong and how devastating the effects of that were physically. And I would wish that on anyone. Emma needs to be very very careful. The consequences of eating mush so soon could be catastrophic

Her total lack of awareness again. Like you say most people wouldn't dream of sharing such a pathetic attempt at this but she can't see it. Princess Emma thinks we will all feel sorry for her eating that meal.
She really needs to give her head a wobble!

Reactions: 4
Could someone explain what dumping is?
I have tried to put it in words from what I’ve experienced but struggled. I hope this helps

Dumping syndrome occurs when food moves too quickly from the stomach into the first section of the small intestine. Symptoms of dumping syndrome include cramps, diarrhea, and nausea after eating, particularly after eating high-sugar foods.

It can happen suddenly with foods eaten after the operation. Sometimes certain items are unsuitable for life permanently afterwards because of this.

On a side note - since her announcement I noticed she really really milked the whole someone else released my news before I’m ready 😂🙄🙄 Seems like a princess sized publicity stunt

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Her approach to food and nutrition is interesting.

She eats food that is really lacking in nutrients, the kind of food that doesn’t tell you that you are full up because you aren’t nutrionally satisfied. It’s why you can eat lots of takeawy or Chinese buffet. Your body is is still hungry because it hasn’t received the nutrition it needs.

This food is also very addictive, the sugar and salt hits that you get -provide an endorph hit. It feels good in the short term to eat this.

She is addicted to food that provides endorphins hits and doesn’t provide nutrients.

Clearly this hasn’t been talked through with her because she is in the perfect place to crack this addiction. She has time off work to find another way to get her endorphin hit eg some fresh air and a short walk.

She also needs to ensure that the small amount of food she consumes provides her nutrient, in addition by eating purred veg etc she will help to crack her addiction to terrible food.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.