Emma Drew #23 Love is a maze life is a riddle, pop me some cake and I’ll give you a fiddle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she doing any exercise at all at the moment? It appears not. Why doesn’t she walk with Tony ? I mean she’s getting a peloton and you need a reasonable level of fitness for starters on that. So surely these next 6 weeks she should be trying to get her steps in every day at least? Plus she is clearly gaining weight .

Reactions: 18
Seeeee!!!! This is what hard work and peservirance gets you. Yes you friend wallowed (understandably that must of been a painful 4 months for all that to happen) but she asked for help, and stuck with it and didn’t continue using her trauma as an excuse despite probably thinking about that time every single day Not to minimise anyone trauma but your friend has gone through a hell of a lot worse than Emma went through last year which just proves even more Emma needed personality surgery more than wls

edit to say: when I say wallow I use it for lack of a better term. Personally as someone who struggles massively with the slightest bit of trauma I wouldn’t of even lastedthrough half the shit your mate had to deal with

Reactions: 17
Not gonna lie, there's not a lot of energy use going on in that house. At any point. I remain mystified as to why anyone works with her. She must be cheap. Bet she was thrilled to see lottie nominated for a financial prize today. Oops. Look Ems, someone who has a child and still manages to help others with hints and tips (she's also a bit shady, but still).

Reactions: 9
i read this as why doesn’t she walk tony, and was about to say please don’t give them ideas

Reactions: 18
Bet she was thrilled to see lottie nominated for a financial prize today. Oops. Look Ems, someone who has a child and still manages to help others with hints and tips (she's also a bit shady, but still).
I saw one of her tweets mentioned in the Daily Mail in the last 24 hours and would love to know what Emma thinks about that! I've always felt that is the sort of fame/attention Emma was desperate for.

Reactions: 5
She is an amazing friend - she doesn't deserve what life has thrown at her in spades at all. She comes through it all and STILL asks everyone else if THEY are ok even when she's at her darkest time. She is amazing and I'm so proud of her.

An example of this is that she says she does feel for Emma in that having lost her mum and only having her dad - and then her dad become so incredibly ill that he doesn't remember her or her mum is another double form of bereavement because she now potentially has noone in her life who remembers her mum other than her now. She gets why she's turned to eating as her thing was comfort eating too - it was easier to reach for the phone/her laptop and order a pizza than it was to face up to what was really wrong and WHY she was doing it.

But again she points out that eating to the point where she regains all the weight and potentially more isn't going to make the situation better or any easier to deal with. It'll be harder as you'll have what you're actually physically dealing with AND your guilt, self hatred, low self esteem, disgust at undoing what you worked hard for and having to lose it all over again - without the physical barrier of the surgery to reduce it.

She said in terms of her weight loss it's so much harder to get back on the wagon each time when she decided it was enough and had to stop because the back of her head was always 'yeah... when you fall off again we'll order this... we'll eat this... i can't wait for such and such!' so she'd fall off and indulge and THEN feel even worse because the actual reality of it never tasted as good as the anticipation of it did.Having had it she just had regret and blame.

She'd tried pills, diets, teas, laxatives, injections and all sorts. What finally worked was the actual physical removal of part of her stomach AND COUNSELLING TO GET TO THE ROOT OF WHAT IT WAS! (put that in capitals as that was the huge part. Actually physically opening up to someone who was TRAINED to get through to her that eating her feelings was making her feel worse). That rang home to her that she couldn't do/eat everything she used to - it wasn't there to eat it all and she only needed to eat tiny amounts of what was actually good for her and what met her daily targets. She's still having counselling now and is seeing her counsellor through Zoom.

Apparently she had it at the absolute best time for her personally because lockdown meant that the temptations just weren't there once she was introducing proper food to her diet again as she was recovering from surgery and had other health problems so had to shield too so couldn't just pop to the shop, or go to the supermarket for something naughty. Yes takeaways were there but she deleted the accounts so didn't get any emails/offers sent through to her so didn't let herself think about it.

Reactions: 10
That made my eyes leak a tiny bit what a fabulous woman

Reactions: 9
I’m still in shock about the peloton. I actually am an “avid gym goer” pre-lockdown. I can run 5k, row 1000sm and lift heavy weights. I go 5 times a week. I even have a group of girls I go with that I met at the gym. When I do a peloton class I am DRIPPING in sweat, completely red, out of breath and my legs are on fire when the resistance is high. They are so tough. I think she’s in for shock when she does the first few classes. It’s not like a light 5 min cycle to the shop. And Damn, the seats are so uncomfortable at first too!

She’s in a peloton group I’m in, someone was advertising theirs for sale earlier and I noticed she was after it, saying she can’t wait till April so if one appears soon we know why. The thing is transfer of ownership you lose your warranty, you can’t return within first 30 days and judging by eBay you’ll be paying the same if not more than the retail! It’s insane.

I’ll be honest, I hope I’m proven wrong and it’s successful for her because I think exercise is so important for health both mentally and physically, and she desperately needs both, but I just don’t see how someone who counts a 7 min walk as exercise is going to cope! Also, she needs to remember you just can’t out exercise a bad diet, she’ll need still need to be eating her maintenance or just a tiny bit over, to lose weight!

Reactions: 22
100% this, losing weight is 95% diet. Until you’ve sorted that out, you’ll never lose weight. She won’t use it anyway as she can’t even go for a walk let alone ride a peloton ffs

Reactions: 15
I watched a Pelaton advert earlier....FUCK THAT

Reactions: 16
Most likely weight/BMI and/or diabetes diagnosis. (She claims it has been reversed but she eats rubbish, lives on costa and is ramming the weight back on despite her surgery sadly.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.