Emma Drew #22 I don’t know why I'm accused of neglect, I arranged a click and collect

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am tired, so when I first read "is that a waist appearing", I thought it said "is that a Wisp appearing" and that she was showing us him emerging from under her gunt 😂
Reading this in bed while my husband and dog are snoozing away and just burst out laughing. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Having just caught up, there's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said about her dad. The way literally everything in her stories was about HER is genuinely one of the most egregious things I think I've ever seen.

Having lost my dad at 23 after a long battle with significant ill health, having done everything he wasn't capable of doing himself in the 12 months before his death all while processing anger/shame/guilt/sorrow that had arisen as a result of an extremely traumatic situation that had shattered our relationship on top of the preemptive grief of knowing he was going to die, I have no sympathy for her. She's bothered with him once and she wants a medal? Maybe you can buy yourself one for your birthday from him you horrible, manipulative, ungrateful cow.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Catching up on the stories about her dad. Agree with another post about things not adding up, she’s always gone on about being a carer but said it wasn’t for her dad, then she said her sister in law was her dads carer and now she’s saying she is her dads carer?

I’m interested to know why she’s paying for his care. The local authority assess the persons finanaces and work out what they need to contribute (as happened with a relative of mine who has dementia, they also aren’t as bad as Emma’s dad but have carers visit 3 times a day!), I wonder if she’s paying because she doesn’t want her dads accounts looked at?

Also if he doesn’t know who you are Emma, how can you take money off him for your birthday and how does he have the capacity to have allowed you to take his DVD player?!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Am I the only one who wants her to actually get a peleton so we’re blessed with videos of her on it? Good luck with it Imma, bit of advice, you might wanna triple up on the fanny pads as a big girl on a spin bike I’ve never know pain like it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The whole taking things from his home to sell when she’s admitted he’s not compus mentis smacks of financial abuse. That’s not ok!!

Also, as sad as it is, you can tell in the photo of her and her dad at Christmas that he really is affected now, sadly he has that vacant little boy lost in his eyes. Christmas was 6 weeks ago, surely any paid carer should have raised welfare concerns before now to the people paying for the care. And if he’s not washing or showering properly and his home isn’t being kept to a decent standard why haven’t they mentioned it before now?

I do know it’s hard to care for family and you don’t like to admit they need long term care but being in denial about it is only really harming one person, and it’s not you.

I wonder if she’ll go for the peloton tread? I’d not waste money on a treadmill to be honest when any savvy money saver knows pavements are free.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
The timing of her wanting to share about her dad is coincidentally at the same time as Katy Kicker has a family health situation. Trying to steal attention from Katy are we Imma?

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Do I get a prize for predicting the Peloton purchase a few weeks ago? Further proof that she clearly reads on here!

Can’t quote but here’s the link

Also that ladies Peloton Facebook group is dangerous for Emma because a lot of it is all the members encouraging each other to buy expensive things they don’t need.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I have a million things to say about that picture but I just can’t seem to find the words.....I don’t see a waist appearing but I definitely see them pjs disappearing up your hoof
She's definitely that size... The fact that theyre disappearing inside her and the waistband ties are stretched to their fullest extent means nothing!

Come on emma, now is the time to kick yourself up the arse surely. Keep eating well and it'll help your mood and help you sorting your dad too.

I've been there, up at 5am, at his for 6am and through to 9pm being screamed at by a man who thinks you're an imposter or smacked for simply looking after them and their dementia makes them think you're there to take their stuff.

We also had to lock his medicine away as he wanted to take them when he wanted to (and tried to break into it several times) before we got them in blister packs... (his doctor fecked it up, it took a care Trust plus nurse literally kicking off at the practice manager after 3 months of a weak 'yeah, well get it done.' and then not.) and still had to hide the blister packs away. Occasionally we had to covertly medicate him too in a yoghurt. That was fun too.

You have a duty of care and could be prosecuted for neglect if you don't get him supportedx even if you don't do it yourself. He may even be at the point where he needs 24 hr care (it does sound like it isn't far off if it isn't at the moment....)

That's why people were talking of reporting you, not just because you're squandering his money in stuff that doesn't matter and also taking things from his house when he cannot give capacity. That's elder abuse and financial abuse (and also theft if you want to get technical....)

Yes its hard and soul destroying. But neglecting him and leaving him when he can't manage... That's cruel and abuse. Imagine how you'll feel if he sets fire to the house falling asleep with a cigarette or walking away and leaving one burning or not extinguished properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
On an unrelated note, I think the eyebrow tint is one of those peeling weird gel ones that last 3 days, hence why she does it so often. Not sure why she bothers anyway as I genuinely can't see what difference it makes

Reactions: 11
Why was she not back there yesterday checking he'd actually had a meal etc? There's no way he's had carers going in for a while when she only mentioned getting in touch with social services last week after being prompted to do so after reading on here. She'd have had that meals on wheels menu ages ago if she'd contacted them then. But she's mentioned that he doesn't know how long to heat things up for etc so it sounds like someone should be there daily actually preparing his food.

Emma has all the time to do this and is fortunate enough to earn enough passive income, employ Tony and outsource most of her work to other people that she could and should be looking after her Dad more. But it's just all about Emma and she can't keep up with the lies she's been spinning. And as we know she is bad enough looking after herself and definitely can't take good care of her pets.

• Sad
For those of you who have relationships with your dad: wouldn't you you want to be involved to make sure that he was eating, taking his medication, not hurt, etc. - even if it meant being confronted with your father's declining health?

I appreciate what Emma said about it being difficult for her to be around him and be confronted by his health deteriorating, but isn't it worse to just ignore him and the fact that he may not be eating, taking his meds, wearing clean clothes, etc.?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
For those of you who have relationships with your dad: wouldn't you you want to be involved to make sure that he was eating, taking his medication, not hurt, etc. - even if it meant being confronted with your father's declining health?

I appreciate what Emma said about it being difficult for her to be around him and be confronted by his health deteriorating, but isn't it worse to just ignore him and the fact that he may not be eating, taking his meds, wearing clean clothes, etc.?
Yeah I have a weird relationship with both my parents. I was raised by grandparents really and my parents split when I was 3. My dads always been in my life but financially (helping my mum) and emotionally hasnt. My mum is a bit better but the effort of a normal parent isn’t really there, however, if either ever became ill when they’re older, I’d do everything I possibly could for them, no questions asked

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It's the amount of time she wastes just sitting around when she could be visiting him and making sure he's OK. Even a couple of hours a day which we know she has spare!
It's easy to say I don't want to see him deteriorating and just ignore it in her own little bubble. It then it seems as its just not happening but it is happening and she will feel so guilty for not giving him more time whilst he's still here.

It's a year today exactly since my mam died and I live with the guilt every day that I didnt spend more time with her in her last months stuck in hospital.

• Heart
The timing of her wanting to share about her dad is coincidentally at the same time as Katy Kicker has a family health situation. Trying to steal attention from Katy are we Imma?
If this is true then she’s worse than I thought

Reactions: 7
I really hope not and I won't lie but I did think about that too. Especially when Katy shared she got a lot of lovely messages she appreciated. Emma loves attention. But I do think it is more likely she has been reading tattle and doesn't like the threats to report her for looking after her dad badly.

Reactions: 10
It probably is, just like she released that free book when millenialsaves released one for money
She saw us comment on that and panicked and has now 'teamed up' with her to do a giveaway lol. Wish millennialsaves would see Imma only acts for Imma, she's quite new in the personal finance community and Imma's jumped on her cause there aren't many left that will even mention Imma.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Catching up on the stories about her dad. Agree with another post about things not adding up, she’s always gone on about being a carer but said it wasn’t for her dad, then she said her sister in law was her dads carer and now she’s saying she is her dads carer?

I’m interested to know why she’s paying for his care. The local authority assess the persons finanaces and work out what they need to contribute (as happened with a relative of mine who has dementia, they also aren’t as bad as Emma’s dad but have carers visit 3 times a day!), I wonder if she’s paying because she doesn’t want her dads accounts looked at?

Also if he doesn’t know who you are Emma, how can you take money off him for your birthday and how does he have the capacity to have allowed you to take his DVD player?!

THIS!!! To be fair maybe she is buying the presents herself so that he doesn't forget, but who the fk would do that anyway? It seems very self centred and pointless

But she has clearly said that she is selling his belongings. Whether she is doing this to give him the money or not, you should not be asking these questions to someone who is this far along with dementia. As someone else mentioned, this can make them very upset if they find some of their things missing, especially as they will become more suspicious/worry someone is stealing/out to get them

I did wonder how far along he was when she did this and I thought maybe it's early stages, but the fact she said he didn't recognise her recently makes me sick.

emma, you say you can't bear to see him but you are perfectly happy to go round and pinch some of his stuff to sell? You disgust me!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.