Emma drew #2 Nap den, crap den, cat den

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't see how buying random tat from Poundland helps me make money,save money or lead the life I want. She must have some sort of sponsorship deal as there is never any one else in the shop when she is filming. On the plus side I know what rose gold is.

I think it is a bad time to buy a house as prices are falling. Negative equity.
She would be invited to the Poundland blogger events but that hasn’t happened recently. She goes to the same store each month, and clears it with the manager prior to filming. You can hear in the most recent video kids shouting. One video they mentioned they went to a different store and the manager told them to stop filming.

As much as I want to free tony, I don’t want to see him or his cat T-shirts in videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I can't see how buying random tat from Poundland helps me make money,save money or lead the life I want. She must have some sort of sponsorship deal as there is never any one else in the shop when she is filming. On the plus side I know what rose gold is.

I think it is a bad time to buy a house as prices are falling. Negative equity.
I don't think she's sponsored by Poundland. She'd have to declare it in her videos/title/info. I think they just go at a quiet time and wait until there's no-one around. I'm sure they ask permission at the store but I don't think she, or the many other vloggers who do Poundland/B&M/Home Bargains videos are actually paid to do them.

I think the novelty of Poundland hauls wore off a while ago. In fact, "haul" videos seem to be dying out. YT goes through cycles of content and I believe there's going to be a backlash against all the waste at some point. I've been watching more budgeting, meal planning and minimalism videos recently and TBH, I feel like those are far more helpful in my quest to "make money, save money and lead the life I want" than Poundland videos and affiliate filled Insta posts.

IMO there's never a good time to buy a house. I lost a lot of money when I sold my previous place, because of a downturn in the market, but selling at that time allowed me to buy the house I'm currently in for a better price so, really, it worked out in the end. She's going in with the money from the sale of her house in Chester so her LTV will be good (she'll get a good interest rate). They think rates will dive soon, due to Brexit, so she'll probably end up with a sub-1% interest rate if she's on a tracker. It'll be less expensive than renting and I doubt she'll be in negative equity since she's got the money from her previous house (I'd guess at least £150k).

I don't know how mortgages work for people who are self employed but she's got an agreement in principle from Santander so I assume she's passed all the affordability checks. I wonder what her regular income is, without all the eBay sales and side hustles.

Reactions: 2
She just can’t help herself can she? Does she not realise that people who know the area will know exactly where that house is. People aren’t stupid and it’s so easy to find... classic horrible no character new build though

She just can’t help herself can she? Does she not realise that people who know the area will know exactly where that house is. People aren’t stupid and it’s so easy to find... classic horrible no character new build though
im not even local yet took me two mins to find on google going on info she has shared these last few days.......she really should be more careful

I like new builds. We moved from a damp, old house (not a chapel!) to a new build and it was the best decision we made.

Reactions: 3
The Woman cant even keep her own fingernails clean so what hope does a house have 😩

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Sorry I just need to change my name to sour grapes. It just does not add up. She has a blog that she insists earns her in excess of £100,000K per annum. OK but she 'employs Tony "thrifty husband" plus contracts the unfortunate Milly and is advertising for more staff. Let us analyse that - she needs a salary, so does Tony and they need to pay Milly. Plus they had office premises that needed to be paid for until recently. I seriously doubt they made much profit at the base line of £100,000. Certainly not enough to underwrite their mortgage application which has just been successfully agreed in principle. She on top of that claims to side hustle often over £500 per month. So £1120000 per annum min. Actually anyone with half a brain knows her ebay side hustles are crap, for example when her "personal" ebay account offers a "personal" item (she stated quite clearly that all she is using ebay for is decluttering personal items. This is an item at a UK size 6. OK Emma times and dates and evidence please when were you ever that size? So she is dodging the tax man. How does she do it? I am a partner in a professional practice our accountants would rip the tit out of us if we even tried what she does. Why do folks listen to her? Why is she voted money blogger of the year and why but most importantly by whom? She has 13,000 followers I am completely stunned as to why she is earning £10,000 per annum let alone a possible £200,000 which would be necessary in reality to support her business expenses and deliver a profit enough for a main line lender to support their mortgage application. Rant over.

Reactions: 8
Sorry I just need to change my name to sour grapes. It just does not add up. She has a blog that she insists earns her in excess of £100,000K per annum. OK but she 'employs Tony "thrifty husband" plus contracts the unfortunate Milly and is advertising for more staff. Let us analyse that - she needs a salary, so does Tony and they need to pay Milly. Plus they had office premises that needed to be paid for until recently. I seriously doubt they made much profit at the base line of £100,000. Certainly not enough to underwrite their mortgage application which has just been successfully agreed in principle. She on top of that claims to side hustle often over £500 per month. So £1120000 per annum min. Actually anyone with half a brain knows her ebay side hustles are crap, for example when her "personal" ebay account offers a "personal" item (she stated quite clearly that all she is using ebay for is decluttering personal items. This is an item at a UK size 6. OK Emma times and dates and evidence please when were you ever that size? So she is dodging the tax man. How does she do it? I am a partner in a professional practice our accountants would rip the tit out of us if we even tried what she does. Why do folks listen to her? Why is she voted money blogger of the year and why but most importantly by whom? She has 13,000 followers I am completely stunned as to why she is earning £10,000 per annum let alone a possible £200,000 which would be necessary in reality to support her business expenses and deliver a profit enough for a main line lender to support their mortgage application. Rant over.
They always quote her as well when giving advice on how to make money at home in the papers Like the sun etc. Defiantly dodgy about ebay account 🤔

Reactions: 4
Hello! First time poster although I've been lurking for a little while. Found Tattle when I was getting annoyed over what felt like weeks/months of instagram stories on 'I'm going to declutter'. I googled 'Emma Drew and declutter" and this thread popped up and it was reassuring to see that others thought it was OTT as well :LOL: I mean....how much stuff can someone have??!!! As for her ebay business closing, she definitely kept back some select pieces to sell on her personal account! I know I'm going back a while now but it got my goat that a big part of her ebay business strategy seemed to involve going to one charity shop that sold things for a quid and then selling them on (after gloating on the gram about how cheap she picked them up). Yeah I know, I've got a case of sour grapes too :ROFLMAO:

I agree with what others have said in that she got into the blogging game early and that can only explain why she's successful now (whatever that success means financially). I think her content has stalled too, there's nothing new or inventive coming out. And with the greatest respect to journalists, I think it's easier for them to go back to their usual established sources for quotes so just quicker to go back to Emma, rather than seeking new people out and that's why she is still being quoted here and there.

There are better bloggers out there now who put out interesting content - I like boostmybudget, she doesn't post on instagram but I'm on her email list and she sends out good stuff on "side hustles", you can tell she has put a lot of work into producing the content. On instagram I like living_thrifty, she's genuine and real & living her thrifty/crafty life & ruthmakesmoney as well.

And just to add on the house. I reckon they have put down a massive deposit. Her flat which she sold was fully paid for, she has written about it providing her a passive income. She also said that her mortgage is going to cost them £200 less than what she is paying in rent for the 'chapel'. I've no idea how much the new house costs but I'm guessing big deposit so small mortgage required.

@woowoo @MarthaJay

You both are spot on. I don't know if she's trying to make herself seem more relatable with the decluttering or jumping on the Marie Kondo band wagon (this did start around new year's). I thought a key part of decluttering is to stop buying stuff but she can't help herself.

Mortgage wise, it must be a very long term or a very small mortgage with a huge deposit. She doesn't seem to have any regular work just now and, with all the affordability checks banks do, I'm not convinced she's getting a mortgage simply from her business. Maybe her father is helping?

@woowoo @MarthaJay

You both are spot on. I don't know if she's trying to make herself seem more relatable with the decluttering or jumping on the Marie Kondo band wagon (this did start around new year's). I thought a key part of decluttering is to stop buying stuff but she can't help herself.

Mortgage wise, it must be a very long term or a very small mortgage with a huge deposit. She doesn't seem to have any regular work just now and, with all the affordability checks banks do, I'm not convinced she's getting a mortgage simply from her business. Maybe her father is helping?
Yes all of the above. She said her parents paid her deposit on the flat. Well she is 30 so its 12 years on at the most. She has written extensively about how her and thrifty husband cleared over £15,000 of debt after Uni. So even given she let other rooms in the flat for 3-4 years and then rented it out she would not have paid off that mortgage given market rates and she obviously did not make a substantial profit or they would not have had that level of debt. There is no doubt she sees herself very differently to how readers or viewers see her. Despite getting a degree she had a very low level job - no shame in that but it just screams out from her posts that she is unable to do a full days work needing a nap, or its a "nope" day. Good lord how many of us would like to be able to do that and earn a dubious £100,000 income. She is a typical instagrammer/youtuber earning money off affiliate links and swipe ups. BUT HOW????????? Most of those have thousands more subscribers than she does. There is something very fishy about her.

Yes all of the above. She said her parents paid her deposit on the flat. Well she is 30 so its 12 years on at the most. She has written extensively about how her and thrifty husband cleared over £15,000 of debt after Uni. So even given she let other rooms in the flat for 3-4 years and then rented it out she would not have paid off that mortgage given market rates and she obviously did not make a substantial profit or they would not have had that level of debt. There is no doubt she sees herself very differently to how readers or viewers see her. Despite getting a degree she had a very low level job - no shame in that but it just screams out from her posts that she is unable to do a full days work needing a nap, or its a "nope" day. Good lord how many of us would like to be able to do that and earn a dubious £100,000 income. She is a typical instagrammer/youtuber earning money off affiliate links and swipe ups. BUT HOW????????? Most of those have thousands more subscribers than she does. There is something very fishy about her.
Her degree was in Christian Youth Work which is very niche and I'm not sure about obvious transferable skills.

I looked at her company accounts for 2019. It does not look like Emma Drew media is making enough to get a big loan. I think hauls followed by decluttering is a former of bulimia like binge eating and then making your self sick.

I looked at her company accounts for 2019. It does not look like Emma Drew media is making enough to get a big loan. I think hauls followed by decluttering is a former of bulimia like binge eating and then making your self sick.
The company accounts can't be right. It was the same last year, when they supposedly cleared over £100k but in the accounts it was around £30k. Unless she's got another company?!

The constant cycle of buying and decluttering is very common for a lot of YouTubers that do hauls. When you spend your life on eBay, Amazon, charity shops then of course you'll be tempted to buy stuff.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.