Emma Drew #18 A hot chocolate a day keeps the weight loss at bay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was curious about the oft-mentioned dumping syndrome and my googling brought this up:

The following are quotes from that thread (just from the first page)

How the hell can she eat like she does and drink the huge sugary costa drinks/hot chocolate and not spend her life in the toilet in great pain?

Surely she's stretched it at least back to half of what it was already if not getting closer to normal at her rate.

I agree with one of the posts from that thread - you can cut away/cover/sleeve whatever you want of the stomach... the mental issues around food are still there and she CLEARLY has had no after care. She should have saved the cash and gone via the NHS if she was definitely going to have it done.
I feel like the token WLS expert on this thread (compared to Emma, I have a masters in it!)

I too went private and didn’t have the best after care. Had to wing it and see, especially my 2nd year as we were in lockdown. However, let me tell you, dumping is awful and unpredictable unfortunately. Some days, I can have a few m&ms and be fine...other days, 30 mins later I’m sweating and feel lethargic then boom 💩

I therefore avoid things that could cause it, especially in public.Don’t get me wrong, I still sneak things that I know I shouldn’t and can get away with it (I had 3 after eights yesterday and didn’t dump!) would I order the largest hot choc there is whilst out shopping? Not if you paid me! Dumping, like I said is unpredictable at times, so I sure as tit (pun intended) wouldn’t be having things that could 99% of the time cause it.

She is an example of how not to treat your wls tool. She will 100% gain back her weight lost, and probably more! I always wondered how it happened, as you can eat so much less than before but Emma has shown me! Eat cheese and sausage rolls, drink 20 hot chocs A day and avoid anything healthy, and you too could be a wls failure!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
She’s fucked me off with this pay rise thing. How many people right now would love a 1k payrise which after tax, pension, NI and student loan equates to about £50 a month? £50 for me is a weekly food shop which would help out loads right now. She drives me mad with her insensitive posts.

Also that OOOOO thing, you do get £10 but she gets a mystery box if 10 people sign up which she forgot to declare. Also Emma, you’re late to the party again, everyone was sharing that yesterday🌝

Reactions: 24
She’s fucked me off with this pay rise thing. How many people right now would love a 1k payrise which after tax, pension, NI and student loan equates to about £50 a month? £50 for me is a weekly food shop which would help out loads right now. She drives me mad with her insensitive posts.

Also that OOOOO thing, you do get £10 but she gets a mystery box if 10 people sign up which she forgot to declare. Also Emma, you’re late to the party again, everyone was sharing that yesterday🌝
Yeah I signed up to it yesterday because a friend sent me the link so she could get a free box. She was honest about it unlike Emma who puts it across as she's doing you a favour and not getting anything out of it.

Reactions: 7

She really is so tone deaf! Read the room Emma! How can she possibly, as someone who is/was a money blogger, not understand that bragging about a pay rise is so offensive in the current times?

I’m (hopefully) due to go back to work from furlough mid January (I was also meant to be back in November but they decided to keep me furloughed instead!) so I’ll have had 10 months on hugely reduced pay and I’ll happily argue all day that my job is much more important and actually necessary than hers. I work for a very well known youth charity engaging with young people to get them involved in groups and I make huge differences to many many lives in really deprived areas. I don’t sit on my arse wrapped in dirty blankets complaining about my entire life to strangers on the internet while fleecing them for every penny that they’ve got. The world is totally fucked up when someone like Emma actually gets paid to do what she does.

Reactions: 25
Can I put in a good word for Jon @ the money shed. I have never met him and have no idea what he is like in real life. But he does run a very useful earning money from home forum which he is very active on. He also allows other members to drop referral links so they can make money as well.

Reactions: 6
I thought the pay rise was a poor joke on her part? For a 6 figure blogger £50 a month is nothing, compared to how meaningful it is to some of us.

Reactions: 12
Who needs a “sofa fort” when they’re perfectly capable of getting up to get something as/when they want/need it. Emma, you’re not disabled, you’re physically able to get off your lazy arse and move, how bloody ridiculous! No one needs two drinks, snacks, games, two lip balms, a book, a laptop, hand cream and a bank card just to sit on a sofa.

After my operation in November I put together a box of essentials for beside my bed consisting of tablets, peppermint cordial, a book, lip balm, apples etc as I couldn’t move for a day or two. I wouldn’t dream of doing it for a normal day in the house.

Me and my husband are having a bit of a lazy afternoon to watch a film (as we’re child free for the first time in a few weeks) and we’ve both got a drink beside us and that it. We’ll have lunch soon that we’ll get up to get and eat at the table. Then later if one of us wants something else we’ll get up and get it like normal people! I’ll also add that we’ve both been up since 6am sorting out the toddler, clearing out and organising cupboards, taking the outdoor Christmas lights down, fully cleaning downstairs and my husband’s been out for a run.

Also, why bother faffing about with vitamins for a video when you could take them straight out the box and put them in your mouth - no filming required. No wonder you forget to take them when there’s such a rigmarole to do it!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I thought the pay rise was a poor joke on her part? For a 6 figure blogger £50 a month is nothing, compared to how meaningful it is to some of us.
This is what I don't understand as well. Well, aside from the fact that she doesn't work very hard at all. In fact, she doesn't seem to work at all. Collectively, my OH and I earn six figures a year which equates to about 8k a month after deductions. I can honestly say that an extra £50 a month is nothing. It's barely noticeable at all.

Who needs a “sofa fort” when they’re perfectly capable of getting up to get something as/when they want/need it. Emma, you’re not disabled, you’re physically able to get off your lazy arse and move, how bloody ridiculous! No one needs two drinks, snacks, games, two lip balms, a book, a laptop, hand cream and a bank card just to sit on a sofa.

After my operation in November I put together a box of essentials for beside my bed consisting of tablets, peppermint cordial, a book, lip balm, apples etc as I couldn’t move for a day or two. I wouldn’t dream of doing it for a normal day in the house.

Me and my husband are having a bit of a lazy afternoon to watch a film (as we’re child free for the first time in a few weeks) and we’ve both got a drink beside us and that it. We’ll have lunch soon that we’ll get up to get and eat at the table. Then later if one of us wants something else we’ll get up and get it like normal people! I’ll also add that we’ve both been up since 6am sorting out the toddler, clearing out and organising cupboards, taking the outdoor Christmas lights down, fully cleaning downstairs and my husband’s been out for a run.

Also, why bother faffing about with vitamins for a video when you could take them straight out the box and put them in your mouth - no filming required. No wonder you forget to take them when there’s such a rigmarole to do it!
I was really ill after my c-section and, apart from my son and a bottle of water (for me), I had nothing next to me. If I needed something I had to get it myself. Goodness me I struggled but if I wanted to get back to normal I had to do it.

Reactions: 11
This sofa fort is extremely pathetic.Drinks, snacks, AMEX in case you want to do any shopping, games, book o_O Does she plan on never moving to get up from one spot?

Pathetic and what a waste of space

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I was really ill after my c-section and, apart from my son and a bottle of water (for me), I had nothing next to me. If I needed something I had to get it myself. Goodness me I struggled but if I wanted to get back to normal I had to do it.
My husband was around for a couple days after my op but I didn’t want to have to keep shouting for him so thought I’d get myself prepared. As it happened, I was back up on my feet quicker than I was after my previous ops so my emergency basket was barely used apart from the much needed supply of pain killers and a drink that I’d get up to top up. Emma really does move much less than someone who’s just had surgery!

I do also think Emma was trying to make a joke with regards to her pay rise but it’s very ill-timed and definitely not thought out. I reckon she was expecting responses of “oh Emma hun, you deserve so much more than an extra £50, you work so hard!”

Reactions: 8

please tell me she hasn’t posted about a payrise?? When nurses are literally campaigning and risking their lives to just get Matt Hancock to give us the 12.5% that we need????

even if she’s JOKING she’s a thicko. I’m getting paid £100 “danger money” for working on the Covid wards.

Reactions: 13
please tell me she hasn’t posted about a payrise?? When nurses are literally campaigning and risking their lives to just get Matt Hancock to give us the 12.5% that we need????

even if she’s JOKING she’s a thicko. I’m getting paid £100 “danger money” for working on the Covid wards.
Here you go...

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Here you go...
shes an absolute bleeping bellend isn’t she. I’m off to work tonight; not that I’m rota’d in but 6 weeks between paydays in Dec & Jan is a lifetime. Here she is chatting SHITTTTTT

STOP DUMPING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.