Emma Drew #18 A hot chocolate a day keeps the weight loss at bay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've gone back to the earlier threads before it was announced she had WLS. Quite a few people were posting about how they wish her well, hope she loses the weight she wants. Genuine well wishes for both her and Tony.
Many of us said the same about her cancer diagnosis too. The threads died down for a while until the BS behaviour with her amazon wishlists and the story not adding up.

Emma doesn't help herself and I don't think she is going to change.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Nobody has denied Emma her weight loss success, what most of us dislike intensely is her lying about it!

She hasn’t lost nearly as much as she should have done, ie followed the rules and taken up the aftercare route. She has really played it (her WLS) as an easy option especially when she shows her takeaways and crap that she eats.

She continually posts inappropriate content for her business page, and seems to think she’s a cute teenager which she isn’t. I don’t want to see her or Tony half naked. You want to be an inspirational weight loss guru set up an insta for it, not on your money saving page Emma.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This made me laugh. Emma your dad is an old man. Some old people sleep a lot. That doesn’t justify why you nap. You do it because you are lazy. He seems so sweet but must be awful having Emma cart him out for special occasions.
Also as his carer wouldn’t she know his routine already!!? 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Her Dad seems lovely. Anyone else find it odd that, if she is her Dads carer and he does have memory issues, she only found out today that every pair of his trousers were covered in holes and had to mad dash to a shop to get some. She needs to give her head a massive wobble. She spends more time napping and snacking than actually looking after what looks like a sweet elderly man

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Her Dad seems lovely. Anyone else find it odd that, if she is her Dads carer and he does have memory issues, she only found out today that every pair of his trousers were covered in holes and had to mad dash to a shop to get some. She needs to give her head a massive wobble. She spends more time napping and snacking than actually looking after what looks like a sweet elderly man
Yes, and then making the mad dash to Primark. 🙄 If she's a 6-figure earning boss babe, couldn't she have gone to M&S or similar to have picked up some trousers and a few other bits for him? Poor man.

Reactions: 22
I’d love to know what old man trousers are in Primark as when I went in to get my husband some “smart” clothes for an interview, they were all skinny fit. Nothing normal!

also yes, I refuse to buy my husband smart clothes from next as he works in IT and wears jeans and T-shirt’s all the time.

She has mentioned that her Dad has memory issues but not explicitly that it is dementia/Alzheimer’s. I hope that Emma’s siblings are stepping in and looking after him too, but I have the feeling that they aren’t as they were children of her Mum and not her Dad.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I’m sure to anyone else the fact that their parent had packed old holey clothes for a Christmas stay would ring alarm bells about their welfare and ability to care for themselves properly and not be bragging about a trip to Primark on their stories.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
There are no old man trousers in Primark. I bet she’s bought him some £4 joggers and thinks she’s doing something. I agree, she should have got him some trousers M&S that would last.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I’m sure to anyone else the fact that their parent had packed old holey clothes for a Christmas stay would ring alarm bells about their welfare and ability to care for themselves properly and not be bragging about a trip to Primark on their stories.
precisely! I’m always concerned when patients are admitted and the only clothes we have for them are dirty and with holes in. Sometimes it’s totally innocent and they don’t like shopping or that they can’t, but if there is a carer involved then I usually just document and maybe escalate

There are no old man trousers in Primark. I bet she’s bought him some £4 joggers and thinks she’s doing something. I agree, she should have got him some trousers M&S that would last.
there isn’t!!!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I think Emma has said (complained) that her father smokes. He might be getting cigarette ash on his clothes. When I worked in a nursing home we solved the problem for one of our residents by buying a fire proof mat to go over his lap. A parent is for life not just for Christmas.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Every year my husband buys his 87 year old grandad a load of clothes from Primark for Christmas - shirts, jumpers, trousers, joggers etc. So there’s definitely things that would be suitable for Emma’s dad but the question is why has she only just noticed the state of his clothes now if she’s been caring for him through the pandemic ....oh yea, because she hasn’t!!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If she was a proper full time carer then she'd know if his trousers were covered in holes, she'd have made sure to keep him stocked up on one of her many visits to the shops. As far as I know there's not really any suitable trousers for older gentlemen in Primark apart from joggers. Maybe that's what he wears? But it sure as hell sounds as if she's not doing much "caring".

As someone above mentioned how come she doesn't know his bedtime habits? I bet there's a lot she doesn't know because she isn't a carer, and if she's claiming carers allowance then she ought to be ashamed and she ought to be reported. Makes me so angry that people like her can claim it for doing minimal effort and the people who really need it have to fight for it. 😡

Reactions: 14
Truthfully I don't think Emma is claiming carer's allowance. If anyone is, it would be her employee Tony. It wouldn't surprise me if she was claiming attendance allowance for him but not arranging additional support for him.

It is very tough seeing your family member going through something difficult like this. But Emma is busy trying to play Saint Emma the great when really it seems like her Dad gets very little interaction from her.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.