Emma Drew #17 A Costa a day keeps the covid anxiety at bay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do we reckon the big goal is? In June she’d lost around 50lbs so do you reckon it’s another number of pounds lost or something a percentage of body weight lost? Either way, doesn’t change the fact that her new ‘large’ Christmas jumper is too small! Jumpers are meant to be baggy not skin tight!!
Im not sure, I can't see a difference in her pics

So in June she had lost 32%.. maybe it's a % she's got to

Attachments

Reactions: 5
What do we reckon the big goal is? In June she’d lost around 50lbs so do you reckon it’s another number of pounds lost or something a percentage of body weight lost? Either way, doesn’t change the fact that her new ‘large’ Christmas jumper is too small! Jumpers are meant to be baggy not skin tight!!
So she’s lost 51lbs in June, that’s about 3.5 stone and she wanted to lose 100lb (7stone).

I wanted to think she might be near a 5 stone lose but she’s got more than 2 more stone to lose to fit in to that size 10 she bought.

I recon her starting weight was 22 stone (plus) but that would leave her goal weight at 15 stone which for someone that heigh is still overweight.

I think she must be at 3lbs away from 4 stone loss? But then that means she’s only lost a few pounds since June!

After nearly a year of WLS whatever this BIGG milestone is, it’s not great imo

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Hi Emma 👋 I started dieting and exercising at the start of lockdown in March and have lost 5 stone exactly as of yesterday. Just wanted to let you know you’re doing terribly for someone who wasted 10k on WLS!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Hi Emma 👋 I started dieting and exercising at the start of lockdown in March and have lost 5 stone exactly as of yesterday. Just wanted to let you know you’re doing terribly for someone who wasted 10k on WLS!
Well done! I wish I had 🙈 off topic but can I ask how you did it?

Reactions: 13
So she’s lost 51lbs in June, that’s about 3.5 stone and she wanted to lose 100lb (7stone).

I wanted to think she might be near a 5 stone lose but she’s got more than 2 more stone to lose to fit in to that size 10 she bought.

I recon her starting weight was 22 stone (plus) but that would leave her goal weight at 15 stone which for someone that heigh is still overweight.

I think she must be at 3lbs away from 4 stone loss? But then that means she’s only lost a few pounds since June!

After nearly a year of WLS whatever this BIGG milestone is, it’s not great imo
Did she say she wanted to loose 100lbs? If my maths is right I think her target weight loss is higher. If she had lost 51lb 9th June and then 22nd June lost 32% body fat, assuming no weight loss between those dates, it would be just under 160lbs. Not sure if I've worked out target or her total weight??

Reactions: 4
Did she say she wanted to loose 100lbs? If my maths is right I think her target weight loss is higher. If she had lost 51lb 9th June and then 22nd June lost 32% body fat, assuming no weight loss between those dates, it would be just under 160lbs. Not sure if I've worked out target or her total weight??
I though she said 100lbs but if she’d lost 32% that would make the goal 160lb. We never knew her start weight.

So that’s about 10 stone. I recon her goal is around the 12 stone mark.

Reactions: 3
I though she said 100lbs but if she’d lost 32% that would make the goal 160lb. We never knew her start weight.

So that’s about 10 stone. I recon her goal is around the 12 stone mark.
I wasn't sure if she had or it was said on here. Either way she's not near either 100lbs or 160lbs

Reactions: 5
My friends had WLS 6 weeks ago and today hit 3 stone loss. She isn’t any bigger than Emma either 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 15
The sad thing is if she hasn't lost it now..she probably isn't going to. Unless she changes something pretty dramatic. Because apparently WLS isn't enough. Even if she had her jaw wired shut she would probably find a way to sabotage herself.

Reactions: 16
The sad thing is if she hasn't lost it now..she probably isn't going to. Unless she changes something pretty dramatic. Because apparently WLS isn't enough. Even if she had her jaw wired shut she would probably find a way to sabotage herself.
She could still squeeze in her Costas with a wired jaw so that wouldn’t work at all 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She could still squeeze in her Costas with a wired jaw so that wouldn’t work at all 😂
ABSOLUTELY! Her hot chocolate Velvetiser would be working overtime!

Even the dumping from eating things that she shouldn't after WLS didn't stop her - she just saw it as a challenge.

Reactions: 8
Well done! I wish I had 🙈 off topic but can I ask how you did it?
Thanks! I was quite big to start so I benefited from that at the start, I did the couch to 5k programme in the spring and now run 30 minutes (not 5k though!) three times a week. Lots and lots of walking during lockdown. I joined a gym and started swimming too and try and do 15 - 30 minute YouTube workouts twice a week. I try not to obsess about calories, but I cut out snacking and puddings completely to start, changed to fruit for breakfast, reduced my portions drastically. There is nothing I don’t eat, if I want a KFC I’ll just be ‘good’ that day and make sure I’ve done my exercise. If I had to guess I’d say my calories were around 1,500 a day. I’ve still got 3 stone to lose. If I can do it anyone can - genuinely, I’ve been minimum 6-7 stone overweight my entire adult life and tried every diet going.

This time what spurred me on was the fear of being at higher risk of covid complications an then it dawned on me that I’d been ignoring the other risks of being overweight for years because I’d just become complacent. That and the thought of Emma Drew 😂😂

Sorry for the long post!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Thanks! I was quite big to start so I benefited from that at the start, I did the couch to 5k programme in the spring and now run 30 minutes (not 5k though!) three times a week. Lots and lots of walking during lockdown. I joined a gym and started swimming too and try and do 15 - 30 minute YouTube workouts twice a week. I try not to obsess about calories, but I cut out snacking and puddings completely to start, changed to fruit for breakfast, reduced my portions drastically. There is nothing I don’t eat, if I want a KFC I’ll just be ‘good’ that day and make sure I’ve done my exercise. If I had to guess I’d say my calories were around 1,500 a day. I’ve still got 3 stone to lose. If I can do it anyone can - genuinely, I’ve been minimum 6-7 stone overweight my entire adult life and tried every diet going.

This time what spurred me on was the fear of being at higher risk of covid complications an then it dawned on me that I’d been ignoring the other risks of being overweight for years because I’d just become complacent. That and the thought of Emma Drew 😂😂

Sorry for the long post!

Inspirational!! You have done amazingly well. Congrats. One thing I’ve also noticed is I don’t want to be anything like a Emma. Or have people assume she is the same as every overweight person.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Emma’s proving she’s such a workaholic today by fannying on visiting at least 9 shops (probably more when she adds in wherever Shopmium sends her for “freebies”) plus a pharmacy. I’m sure she could combine some of the shops to cut down on entering so many - does she really need Home Bargains and B&M given she was in B&M at the weekend and The Range yesterday. I’m sure she could have bought gift boxes on one of her previous trips too. She’s also “working” in a Costa - so much for that COVID anxiety!

I had to run to B&M today and I couldn’t find what I needed so had to try Poundland. I literally ran in, grabbed what I wanted and came out - looked at nothing and bought nothing other than what I’d planned (it is possible Emma!) and was really freaked out the whole time. I have genuine anxiety, Emma certainly does not. Oh and I managed to walk past TWO Costas without going in for a treat to reward myself for leaving the house - that’s also possible Emma!!

Attachments

• Angry

Sorry for the long post!
You’re incredible. I hope you are so so proud of yourself and what you’ve achieved.
I’ve embarked on a similar ‘regime’ 3 weeks ago (9lb down so far) as I feel similar to you. I’ve been overweight all of my adult life, and use food not as is designed (i.e not for fuel but for comfort)
I’ve tried every diet plan under the sun, but I genuinely feel different this time, and I can’t put my finger on why. Even though the weight is taking longer to come off than I expected (I assumed going from really abusing my body food wise to eating 3 meals no snacks no junk, fresh food, clean eating would have more dramatic weight loss) I feel no desire to stop, give in or give up and eat. And I agree with previous poster, there is an element of I don’t want to be like Emma.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Inspirational!! You have done amazingly well. Congrats. One thing I’ve also noticed is I don’t want to be anything like a Emma. Or have people assume she is the same as every overweight person.
Yeah, I'm also overweight and I hate how Emma perpetuates the stereotype of fat people being lazy, greedy, and having poor hygiene. 😒

They way that Emma's life seems to revolve around her next meal/treat has made me realise how much I don't want my weight to stop me from truly living life to the full.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.