Emily Norris

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching Emily now is pretty much the same thing as watching commercial breaks on the TV.
Like it's not enough posting 101 story on Insta about meerkat movies deal. No, she has to also put up a video abut it on YouTube.
The same will be with Villa advert - endless stories plus a video on YouTube coming soon probably.

Reactions: 5
Do they have a choice on location and a pick of which villa with this type of ad??

Meldrum stayed in some 10 bedroom house cottage!
This villa is one of the "premium" range. Very villa plus rather than just villa plus! I get it's an AD and they are showing the best they have to offer, but i do feel like they always end up in the very best that again makes them unrelatable to lots of viewers who may have to choose more of a budget friendly villa than the pick of the crop!

Reactions: 6
Do they have a choice on location and a pick of which villa with this type of ad??

Meldrum stayed in some 10 bedroom house cottage!
This villa is one of the "premium" range. Very villa plus rather than just villa plus! I get it's an AD and they are showing the best they have to offer, but i do feel like they always end up in the very best that again makes them unrelatable to lots of viewers who may have to choose more of a budget friendly villa than the pick of the crop!
And this is exactly why it is so important that things are clearly labelled AD, otherwise followers inclined to buy after viewing the stuff these influencers are touting and only able to afford the more budget friendly option end up disappointed. I can just imagine some vulnerable person thinking 'I went on the same holiday as Emily but it still wasn't as good as hers. What am I doing wrong?' Just like the Selldrums long undeclared Disneyland VIP package, made it look as if there are photo ops and meet ups with characters at every turn, no queuing, etc when the reality is so different. It is all so misleading.

Reactions: 7
^Totally agree, these people show the creme de la creme with all the extras. If someone just books with that company they will have a huge disappointment that their experience is not in the same league.

Noticed she only put paid partnership on the first few stories. Shouldn't she have to do that for all the stories?

'as a Mum'.... It's really good to stay with villa plus because it has a washing machine.

She really talks down to her audience doesn't she... it's a holiday villa. Next she'll be saying 'Its got cutlery which is so handy when you have children'

Yes everything should be labelled as an AD even the suitcase but she won't because she thinks she's above it.

Yes it's good there are baby gates but Emily you still let Jackson sit in the wardrobe... it's very cute until the runners go over his little hands.

Then you'll be crying into the camera just like you did in centre parks. Not to worry though because you might be able to flog travel insurance.

As for that expectation v reality video, who do you think you are Lily Ponns. How could you embarrass yourself like that?! So awkward.

And kicking you off the bed, bit cruel isn't it?

Might be a joke but you have three sons....

Reactions: 9
Ryan Gosling???? ????? Yeah Ryan Gosling’s arse with a hair transplant!!! ???

• Haha
The thing that bothers me more than Emily’s ad-a-day sales channel, is how old fashioned and sexist she is.
I hate the ‘as a mum’ ‘as a mum’ shite. I’m a mum, a washing machine in my villa is not a highlight FFS. You’ll find me by the pool thanks. My husband knows how to use the machine if the laundry is bothering him, otherwise we’ll do it when we get home. I would have no interest in laundry unless I was staying somewhere for more than 2 weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Should she still be bothered by stair gates/baby gates? Jackson is gone 2 isn't he? He can understand so just tell him no?!?

Reactions: 3
Jackson is another brat in the making, just like Caleb.

I am working in a healthcare clinic , very often we have little children coming in and wrecking the place up , because some Mothers just like to sit and check their phones and pretend their kids are not there, they are not telling them off. Those little children often come behind the reception area and start to open cupboards , drawers etc. It is not my job to tell them off, Mother is there to do that and to teach them some manners. With all of that being said - If Emily came in here with Caleb and Jackson , they would probably be one of those children acting like pain in the neck, because Emily wants to be a ''cool'' mum and is afraid to impact their confidence.

Last edited:
He doesn’t look anything like Ryan Gosling. He’s a good looking guy, but they look nothing alike

Reactions: 1
Who compared her husband to Ryan Gosling?!!!

???????

Oh that’s given me a laugh!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2
WHY IS SHE ON A FREE HOLIDAY DOING ADS STILL ??‍♀ not even anything to do with the holiday!!!

• Angry
She’s also no longer putting ‘ad’ or paid partnership ??‍♀Every story or post should have it even the photo taken at the airport . I hope she gets reported !

That Plenty kitchen roll that she did today was so fake that it made me cringe! We know that she uses microfibre cloths not kitchen roll. Her photo book that she did on insta made my eyes roll.. how many ad photo books does she need to promote!
Also Emily.. declare your holiday an AD!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
There’s just too many ads at the moment, I can’t watch her instastories or vlogs when they are ads. It makes me cringe and I just feel conned

Maybe get your eyes off of the ADs for a second and deal with your crazy middle child. I swear he is either really badly behaved or has autism and is unable to control it (my mum works with children with autism and has said they lash out and are badly behaved if their autism isn’t controlled) it’s seriously ridiculous. No wonder Matt works long hours

Reactions: 4
Maybe get your eyes off of the ADs for a second and deal with your crazy middle child. I swear he is either really badly behaved or has autism and is unable to control it (my mum works with children with autism and has said they lash out and are badly behaved if their autism isn’t controlled) it’s seriously ridiculous. No wonder Matt works long hours
Oh she thinks him being naughty is adorable.. she even has a picture in his room that says "stays wild my child" and frequently talks about how she loves his "spark". That kid is a brat and needs telling no once in a while.. for his own good! Them kids will get a shock when they enter the real world or even go to their friends for tea. Louise made me laugh in their gender clothes swap video where she blatantly called him a brat

I actually don’t mind ads, it is a job, but I find the lack of transparency is awful. I’ve reported her a few times. We have advertising rules for a purpose, one being to protect the vulnerable, I always worry new mums will look at people like Emily and think I should be doing that/buying that not realising it an AD. Likewise with holidays, she says holidays are really important to us, we save hard for them, someone could feel bad that they’re depriving their kids all the while the reality is hers are paid for.

I’m the same. I
I actually don’t mind ads, it is a job, but I find the lack of transparency is awful. I’ve reported her a few times. We have advertising rules for a purpose, one being to protect the vulnerable, I always worry new mums will look at people like Emily and think I should be doing that/buying that not realising it an AD. Likewise with holidays, she says holidays are really important to us, we save hard for them, someone could feel bad that they’re depriving their kids all the while the reality is hers are paid for.
same here, I like she does ads because she’s getting paid to talk about products that she likes, or so I thought! She does ads that make no sense to anyone such as the men’s trousers back in December? What’s that got to do with kids? I was so shocked when she was doing ads on holiday which is already an ad in itself!! Wtf!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.