Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Greyson

This year her favourite sun cream is #ad Boots Soltan *insert rehearsed promotional speech*. Funny that, last year her favourite was #gifted Ambre Solaire. So really Emily your favourite is whatever you were given for free but you expect us to trust you and go out and buy it on your recommendation? Don’t make me laugh.

Reactions: 32

Greyson

I find her inoffensive and just don’t watch her channel because it’s a constant stream of ad’s but I have to laugh at her competition/ giveaway where SHE is the prize 😂😂😂😂 I’m dead 😂😂😂😂 It’s like, babe I know you think very highly of yourself and that’s great, good for you, but why on earth would I want to go have tea with you, you’re not my friend, you’re a saleswoman on the internet that doesn't really give a crap about the person you’re going to have tea with. Is there anyone else finds this hilarious or is it just me?
Would you want to go for tea with an influencer from the Internet that you don’t personally know.

I might start raffling the pleasure of my company to randomers on the Internet... actually no.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

PinkFigs

VIP Member
She doesn't annoy me as much as lots of other youtube and instagram mums do, however it's clear as with many others doing the same job as her, that she has a wealthy husband. This seems to be the case with many of the other women, too. They are only able to build up the amount of followers and subscribers that they have because they had nice things in the first place, and money to do hauls, decorate their houses grey/white, go on holidays to Vlog, etc.

I just find this really irritating for some reason; probably because they're all wealthy in the first place and could afford to pay for everything yet get constant freebies.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
M

Member 1942

The thing that bothers me more than Emily’s ad-a-day sales channel, is how old fashioned and sexist she is.
I hate the ‘as a mum’ ‘as a mum’ shite. I’m a mum, a washing machine in my villa is not a highlight FFS. You’ll find me by the pool thanks. My husband knows how to use the machine if the laundry is bothering him, otherwise we’ll do it when we get home. I would have no interest in laundry unless I was staying somewhere for more than 2 weeks.

• Heart

DirtyLaundry

VIP Member
I can't wait for the Mom
/Mum travel hack video -

Tip one) take some snacks with you so you don't have to buy any at the airport.

Tip two) Buy a bulky scooter suitcase so your children can hit the back of people's legs and be brats.

Tip three) If you are going abroad take your passports.

Tip four) arrange for your cleaner to come round and clean so you get back to a nice house.

Tip five) pimp your kids out and make money of them... They'll need the cash in later life because they had so much time off school for holidays they won't know how to read or write.

Use my Amazon links...

All because Mummy doesn't want to work in a windowless office.

• Haha

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Jesus Christ.
She’s doing an “unpack with me” video.

Who needs to see some random stranger pulling out all their crusty soggy holiday clothes from their suitcase and putting them in the washing pile?
Have we really sunk so low that this actually passes for interesting content?!

Oh look, here’s some crusty shorts. Here’s a sweaty T-shirt with a bit of ice cream down it. Oh, look here’s the flip flops! Better put them away.

Get a grip!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19

LurkyLou

I had a look at the comments on Emsy's latest video. I'm surprised by just how many people admit that these social media moms make them feel bad. I'm not knocking those of you who feel that way but I'm curious as to how it gets to that point? Especially when you know how fake and disgusting these women are. They essentially sell their children to the highest bidder. The only reason they have a "perfect life" is because it was #kindlygifted. They didn't work hard for what they have, their children did. At least everything you have, whether it's a little or a lot, you can proudly say you earned it. There is nothing there to be envious of.

Reactions: 18

APMethos

Is anybody else irritated that she does so many ads and responds to questions of “why?” with “girl’s gotta eat” and that it’s how she makes an income now? Because, yes, you need to eat and so does your family, but you sure as hell didn’t need a new kitchen, 2 Dyson vacuums, $1,000’s on Christmas presents, several vacations every year, and all the other ridiculous things she spends money on!!! I used to love her channel because she was so down to earth and relatable, but now she seems like a fake salesperson and it just makes me feel bad that I’m poor and literally can’t afford to feed my family by the end of the month sometimes.

Her latest video made me eye roll. A video about her running couch to 5k aka a massive list of affiliate links for extremely overpriced products. £100 leggings, x3 £100+ trainers, £45 sports bras', £93 headphones and countless other products. Should be labelled an AD for that.
Also no mention of f&f active wear that she was promoting in the new year, convincing people to buy it but wouldn't wear it herself. Also the 8Fit app that she was promoting as the reason she lost her baby weight. No mention of that either in her new fitness journey yet I nearly bought that back in the day before I realised that shes just a saleswoman. I 100% think she is the worst out of the lot of them. She gives very little of herself away as to avoid criticism on these threads.
What I hate most is that she’s supposedly running just to make money for great ormond street hospital yet she’s posted so many affiliate links she’s going to make a huge profit out of it. She should donate that profit to GOSH in my opinion. She doesn’t need more money

• Wow

Greyson

Can’t get OVER the self indulgence, having a second wedding, actually walking down the aisle in a white dress when they’re already married WTF? 😂😂😂 What am I missing? I just don’t get the point.
I think it’s pathetic. As my mum always said, “why would you need to renew your vows unless you’d broken them?”
I made my wedding vows for life, not for 10 years and I haven’t broken them, so I really cant see the point of renewing them other than just self indulgence and photos for the gram.

Reactions: 17

Hachos

So on her latest video 5 things I hate cleaning. Shes cleaning under the sofa... 3.40 into the vlog she pushes the sofa out and you can see there is nothing under it.... next thing there is loads crap there and she says as you can see there are toys etc under it. Its all bull shit, shes out that there for the video. How about she tries to be fucking real for a change. Shes as fake as Jordons tits!!
Also I noticed that Tesco kids phone she so desperatey needed for Fraser stuffed into that junk drawer - you know the one she was looking at buying but then magically got a partnership deal for?! She’s such a liar, frazer clearly has an iPhone. She’s a 🐍

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

Peachy10

Chatty Member
They’re all wealthy in the first place and could afford to pay for everything yet get constant freebies.
So agree with this.
It makes me cross, especially when I think about a young mum who lived in our town who had terminal cancer and the town did a lot of fundraising so she could take her small children on holiday before she passed away. Yet people who can afford expensive holidays are getting them for free? I’m particularly hormonal today but it doesn’t sit right with me. Although I know Emily isn’t the only person getting freebie holidays.

• Heart

LurkyLou

Oh the irony of advising people how to save and plan for family holidays when the bulk of yours are #sponsored or #kindlygifted.

• Angry
K

keeprowing

Laughing so much at the “what my kids eat in a day” video, where she explains how to make cheese on toast!!!! ? She makes it even better by showing her ‘mum hack’ of using a pizza cutter to cut it. Yeah, because a knife is a lot more work! I’m sure she would respond with her usual “when you’ve got as many kids as I have” Schtick, but I do have more than her so just wanted to mention that. Cutting 3 pieces of toast really isn’t hard labour Emily

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hi all, I'm new here!!! :)

I'm also very disappointed with that little snaky rant she had while cleaning! Really thought she's better than that and hate comments don't concern her much. In one of her videos she mentioned that she always answers with kindness to hate! Well, she proved that it's not true at all. She and her husband sounded very entitled too. I was a dedicated subscriber, but as of now she lost all credibility in my eyes. Constant ads and the amount of stuff they buy is overwhelming too. Their plastic footprint must be humongous.

Carol_ann_carol

Can’t believe Emily’s thread on here is so small compared to Mrs M. She posts more ads, has as many free holidays as Mrs Meld but to more luxurious places and probably receives tons of freebies. Not to mention the amount of affiliate links she posts.
I’m no Emily fan but I think it’s probably because she mostly declares her ads. She is also waaaay more professional than lazy Meldrum, I do think Emily puts a lot of time and effort into her video ideas, filming, editing etc. I think her PR/marketing background has been really beneficial in her realising she is a brand and in moulding all her content around that. She also genuinely likes her children and wants to spend time with them which is useful when you’re a mummy vlogger! I think so many people dislike meldrum because she can turn on the charm for the girls when they are working for her but when it’s not an ad she seems to want to get as far away from them as possible. Emily clearly puts her boys first.

WillowM

You know what would be a great video for getting millions of views ? “ My monthly income from YT , Insta and affiliate links “ . I haven’t seen any of those on YouTube . Yeah , they talk about how much approximately one AD pays them , but it can be anything from £200 to thousands of pounds . That doesn’t really tell you much. I bet no one will be brave enough to ever publish this , the amount is probably huuuge and they are to embarrassed to show how much money they are actually making from their viewers .

• Haha

Justreading

VIP Member
I'm trying to work out which one it would be you know! I can't work it out.
Yes I'm sad possibly. But you know. I'm home. In my house. With my kids.
I don't suffer from some bullshit "separation anxiety". I'm not crying into my camera about how this is only the 342nd time I've left them. I don't leave them. Not for a free weekend away, not for a paid #ad meerkat meals post, not for a kiss ass retreat.
I just choose to stay at home and enjoy being a middle aged 30 year old while my kids are small! ?

Reactions: 14

Lalobadee

VIP Member
I had to laugh at that amazing Tesco phone that Fraser loved was in the junk drawer uncharged. So unloved it’s kept with the junk now if that doesn’t prove that you cant trust a word she says when it come to reviews

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha

Peachy10

Chatty Member
She can’t do a meal, cleaning, day in the life vlog etc now without it being an AD. She now vlogs for the money rather than as a means to help her followers. I began following her soon after she had started YouTube as my eldest is the same age as Caleb, I found her routines, weaning, breastfeeding vlogs etc really helpful. Now I can no longer watch her vlogs or trust what she says. She’s no longer relatable and I feel will influence mums to feel like they aren’t good enough because they can’t afford the latest toys for their children, designer clothes and accessories, 3 luxury holidays a year, a cleaner, renewing their vows in the Caribbean etc but the reality is most of these things are free or paid for by her charging a company thousands to upload a photograph on Instagram or mentioning a company in a vlog or insta story. Not to mention she probably makes a lot from those affiliate links she just loves posting all the time.