Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pommynoir

VIP Member
So yesterday she did the big reveal of her secret project she’s been working on for the last year….some magic pill 💊
Interestingly a well know gut health doctor I also follow basically poo poo’d it 😂
Can you tell me who that is? Can’t see their username. I’d love some info on probiotics but I wouldn’t be getting them from an influencer!
---
The BEST Vodka sauce recipe I've ever made is from Claire Saffitz, it's an older Bon Appetit recipe called "Rigatoni with Easy Vodka Sauce". It's really restaurant quality in my opinion.

Sorry its in cups not metric measurements, also sounds weird to use tomato paste but that's key.

4 servings

Kosher salt
1 medium onion
4 garlic cloves
4 oz. Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 4.5-oz. tube double-concentrated tomato paste
½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 oz. vodka
¾ cup heavy cream
1 lb. rigatoni

Basil leaves (for serving)

Preparation

Step 1
Fill a stock pot or other large pot three-quarters full with water and heat over high. Toss in a handful of salt and bring to a boil while you do your other prep.

Step 2
Peel and finely chop 1 onion.

Step 3
Firmly smash 4 garlic cloves with the flat side of a chef’s knife and remove peel.

Step 4
Grate 4 oz. Parmesan on the smallest holes of the box grater.

Step 5
Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a Dutch oven over medium (position it next to pot of water). Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, just until onion is starting to brown around the edges, 5–7 minutes.

Step 6
Add entire 4.5-oz. tube tomato paste and ½ tsp. red pepper flakes and stir until paste evenly coats onion. Continue to cook, stirring often, until paste is deep red and starting to brown on bottom of pot, 5–7 minutes.

Step 7
Add 2 oz. vodka to deglaze pan and stir to incorporate, scraping bottom of pot. Reduce heat to low.

Step 8
Using a heatproof glass measuring cup, scoop about ¼ cup boiling water from pot, then add ¾ cup heavy cream to measuring cup (this brings up the temperature of the cream so it won’t break when you add it to the pot).

Step 9
Slowly add warmed cream to Dutch oven, stirring constantly, until a smooth sauce forms. Remove from heat.

Step 10
Add 1 lb. rigatoni to pot of boiling salted water and cook according to package instructions until al dente. About 1 minute before the timer goes off, use heatproof measuring cup to scoop up about 1 cup pasta cooking liquid. Heat Dutch oven over low.

Step 11
Using a spider, transfer rigatoni to Dutch oven along with any water that’s piggybacking on the pasta.

Step 12
Add ½ cup pasta cooking liquid to Dutch oven and stir to incorporate, then gradually add half of Parmesan, stirring constantly to melt cheese. You should have a smooth, glossy sauce that coats each piece of pasta. Season with salt and add a splash more pasta cooking liquid to thin sauce, if needed.

Step 13
Divide pasta among bowls. Top with remaining cheese, dividing evenly. Drizzle with more oil, then tear basil leaves over.

This is very similar to the one I use, but I also add a knob of butter, because butter makes everything better. I use the “Gigi hadid” recipe https://graziamagazine.com/articles/gigi-hadid-spicy-vodka-pasta-recipe/

Reactions: 7

adviseplz

VIP Member
There’s that influencer fitwaffle or something (she’s like an AI I swear) who is super skinny but makes all these super sweet deserts, she’ll take a bite and it’ll cut before she swallows it and you can just imagine her spitting it out. Reckon Em does the same?

namenotavailable

Chatty Member
So she’s got married today - and ran to share the details on IG by 7.30 (peak engagement time) imagine on your wedding day being more excited to put it on the gram then live in the moment??
Came here to say the same thing. Could it not have waited until tomorrow? Wonder if she got her meal free for tagging them on Insta.

Classychick

Chatty Member
So she’s doing a kitchen takeover whilst there…..definitely a gifted stay! Like when Joe (the twat) Wicks goes to the Maldives for ‘work’ to do workouts with hotel guests, all free of course 🙄
Just checked hotel Instagram and they mainly reposting hers and her BF stories .
Cmon Em, tell us it was a gifted stay 🤪we know it anyways

I followed originally because someone recommended her account and I thought the meal ideas seemed really nice and supposedly low calorie but I think she is being disingenuous about her portion sizes / calorie counts, has anyone else noticed this?

The halloumi hummus bowl shes just posted, she’s claiming it’s only 360kcal per bowl. But in the video she’s put 3 chunky slices of honey-fried halloumi, a good tablespoon of hummus and a load of avocado onto the bowl she’s eating from (all high calorie ingredients) amongst the salad. In the recipe in the caption she’s put 1 block of halloumi (doesn’t specify low fat) and says it makes 4 bowls (personally I definitely can’t get 12 slices from one block of halloumi…). I’m sure it’s possible for the recipe when divided by 4 to only be 360kcal but the portion would be absolutely tiny and the portion she is showing herself eating in the video is certainly much bigger and probably double that, so I’m not sure if she even eats this or just films for content and then eats a tiny bit.

Ive noticed this on a few recipes since following (she posted a “super low calorie” pasta tomato soup thing the other week and then her bowl had half a pack of tortellini in it…) and it’s getting on my nerves a bit!

I realise I probably sound like a myfitnesspal calorie counter obsessive but I’m actually not - as I said I wanted to follow her for healthy recipe ideas that are nutritious and reasonably low calorie without having to think about every last detail. I do wonder if there are people out there taking these recipes as 100% and then wondering why they don’t look as slim as her. Think it’s quite damaging ultimately and wish food and fitness influencers would be more honest about how they maintain their physiques.
That post is so strange. She has the calories for 1/4 the recipe but in the video she shows the portion with half the pack. She claims the entire recipe is 340kcal but 1/2 pack tortellini she used is 376 kcal alone without the other ingredients. It's so misleading.

And who would even eat 1/4 pack for lunch that's a toddler size portion!

Attachments

I've spoken to a lot of people about her. I am a doctor and work with nutritionists and dieticians. They all think her recipes are too expensive and that she just promotes things like collagen and magnesium which are not necessary according to then!
I also noticed on her website and instagram she was advertising working with IBS patients which is completely out of the scope of practice for a nutritionist. And some of the other services she offers don’t seem particularly evidence based.

QuiteTheChin

Ooh happy to have just found this thread! The fiancé is gross isn’t he, looks like he’s trying to emulate that vile POS Andrew Tate 🤮

Sophie92

Chatty Member
Oh good I thought I was just being picky not loving the book. I eat her salads for lunch every day and actually really like her TikTok recipes so was looking forward to the book but nothing in there really excited me. They all seem a bit basic.

pommynoir

VIP Member
She reminds me of Jodie Comer with too much aesthetic treatments. The boyfriend is like a gay grandad he looks like waaaay older.

So yeh he is a older nobody trying to style men he screams poor and pretentious all the photos of drinks, sunglasses and cigars.
You’ve got the fella down to a T there. Reminds me of that old bloke that was on MAFS Australia this season for some reason.

• Haha
Nutritionists are not regulated unlike a dietitian- anyone can do a short course & qualify as one, you don’t need a degree or anything to prove you are one.
that being said, I like her recipes but she is a major cat fish and her man gives me the heave!
That's not true in the UK we have registered nutritionists who are regulated and do have a degree.

Lalisa_mb

as a follower i dont feel the slightest intrigued to buy stuff from a creator that is constantly promoting various brands in the same 'its lifechanging' way, to me it screams im sharing bc im getting paid to do it and not bc i use it
Yesterday the only thing she uses on her skin is skin+me. Today advert for La Roche Posay 🙄 at least leave a few days between ads 😂

oicheliath

Yeah to be honest I’ve booked the preorder because I had a gift voucher but I probably wouldn’t have got it otherwise. I just absolutely hate trying to follow recipes on Instagram so that’s my main motivation. And I don’t mind supporting her food related work cause I do find her very good at that, it’s just all the other typically dull, mindless and just plain questionable influencer stuff that I can’t abide by.