Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Might sound old fashioned but you wear lingerie when you want to have sex not walking down your local high street 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Exactly, lingerie is very...deliberately sexual. Public displays like that are rightly frowned upon as you don't have everyone's consent and you may run into minors. None of these concepts are difficult for her to understand, surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
There have been so many really thought provoking, insightful comments under the Nelly post. All Alex and Em have done is invalidate them because they don’t align with their shallow, faux-feminist, uneducated drivel.

the underwear, as someone pointed out, caters to the male gaze.

The sphere of body inclusivity and positivity has been co-opened by largely white, middle class women with bodies that are acceptably attractive. nelly still has a slim, attractive figure.

Nelly walking around London isn’t appropriate for that reason. It isn’t empowering because she’s only able to do it because her body and her lingerie cater to the male gaze and ultimately, misogynistic ideals.

there’s nothing wrong with wanting your children to not have to see a woman’s body if it’s being sexualised. In fact I’d argue it’s healthier for children to be protected from sexualised female bodies since women’s bodies are overly sexualised and I wouldn’t want my child to internalise that view. When a woman’s body is dressed in lingerie, it is ultimately being sexualised for the male gaze.

em’s recent post in a bikini, making a jab at women wanting to protect children from sexualised female bodies, doesn’t make sense. Because bikinis aren’t sexualised in the same context that lingerie is. The whole concept of that type of underwear is that it’s sexual and to be worn as part of sex.

if Alex, Em or Nelly had a brain cell between them, they could maybe understand that. Could maybe begin to question how the beliefs they are parroting, are perhaps byproducts of a patriarchal society.

but since the trio are ✨utter idiots✨ They aren’t capable and resort to what amounts to bullying and name calling their own following.
The worst part is? They don’t care. Because the arguements they are embroiling themselves in, amount to ✨engagement✨ and all Em cares about is money. As per her rant earlier in the year because people dared to report her.

no wonder people kept reporting her. She is toxic AF and an entitled bully.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Also, I don't understand where this body positivity thing has come from where you aren't 'positive' about your body unless you're happy to parade it around nude/nearly nude. I remember hearing about her doing that 'naked' catwalk thing. It feels like 'the lady doth protest too much'? I can't quite place what it is that bothers me about it. Maybe because they're all able-bodied and conventionally attractive so they have nothing material to be concerned about anyway? Or that it's used in conjunction with shilling crap on Insta? Or that if you were truly confident you wouldn't need to make such a production of it all? I'm not sure.

They were also saying Nelly's thing was no different to seeing lingerie ads in the street, but I don't think anyone is saying that's ideal either? Make it make sense, please!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Also, I don't understand where this body positivity thing has come from where you aren't 'positive' about your body unless you're happy to parade it around nude/nearly nude. I remember hearing about her doing that 'naked' catwalk thing. It feels like 'the lady doth protest too much'? I can't quite place what it is that bothers me about it. Maybe because they're all able-bodied and conventionally attractive so they have nothing material to be concerned about anyway? Or that it's used in conjunction with shilling crap on Insta? Or that if you were truly confident you wouldn't need to make such a production of it all? I'm not sure.

They were also saying Nelly's thing was no different to seeing lingerie ads in the street, but I don't think anyone is saying that's ideal either? Make it make sense, please!
“omg guys it’s fine that Nelly is traipsing around catering to the male gaze under the guise of female empowerment because LOOK! Those billboards are catering to the male gaze too! And they aren’t even pretending to be empowered about it!”

Reactions: 9
I’m really trying with their podcast because they cover topics I’m interested in with decent guests but my GOODNESS the shrieking and shrill laughter over stories that aren’t funny… definitely not one for headphones
Yes! That’s the thing I don’t like about it - the shrieking!
I love Em and the podcast and as you say, they’ve covered some great topics

Reactions: 6
Reading the comments under that post is genuinely terrifying. So many people totally unaware and clueless posting about how much “work” others “need to do”. The lack of self awareness is baffling. The comments just don’t seem to understand that someone isn’t chosing to sexualise Nelly when she puts on sexual lingerie. And they can’t recognise the different between a bikini and lingerie. And they also can’t recognise that men don’t suffer the same scrutiny because men’s bodies are never sexualised the way women’s are: there isn’t a whole industry dedicated to sexualising men’s undies.

the worst part is Em and Alex and co have a podcast and repeat these mantras and are so off the mark in so many ways.

Reactions: 7
Curious, as this is a rave thread really, are there any Tattlers who agree with what Em is saying?

I’d be intrigued to have a (balanced) discussion about how this would be considered appropriate?

Reactions: 4
I usually like a lot of what she’s trying to say but I’ve had to unfollow her now. She seems unable to cope with any differing opinion and instead of either conceding and admitting maybe she was wrong, or coming back with a thought out counter argument, she just posts lots of passive aggressive stories “think of the children” etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Curious, as this is a rave thread really, are there any Tattlers who agree with what Em is saying?

I’d be intrigued to have a (balanced) discussion about how this would be considered appropriate?
em’s logic seems to be that Nelly finds this empowering and so that’s ok. That it’s an individual thing and therefore we each do what empowers each of us.

It’s a problematic (very individualistic) logic with loads of holes that doesn’t stand up to much scrutiny. It’s feminism for the uninspired, to be harsh about it.

Reactions: 10
I am also in the camp that strutting along a public road in lingerie, designed to be worn to be sexually alluring, is not empowering (to me). I’m disappointed that they are getting so strongly behind this and not aiming for the body neutrality position of having so much more to offer than what you look like. Whatever way you cut it, Nelly (and both Alex and Em) are able-bodied, straight-sized women who have not been marginalised.

• Heart
I am also in the camp that strutting along a public road in lingerie, designed to be worn to be sexually alluring, is not empowering (to me). I’m disappointed that they are getting so strongly behind this and not aiming for the body neutrality position of having so much more to offer than what you look like. Whatever way you cut it, Nelly (and both Alex and Em) are able-bodied, straight-sized women who have not been marginalised.
they are also all very upper middle class and white and speak from a place of extreme privilege, that they don’t seem to acknowledge. No doubt they attribute all their successes in life purely down to their work ethics… Em in particular because of who her father is. She was able to buy him a car I believe, for his birthday. How many 20 somethings can do that?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
It would have been fine if you hadn't spent 2 days of your holiday wasting it by getting on your high horse, Em. We all know you're from a rich family and can afford this one way or another. Just seemed bizarre to waste your holiday arguing with people just because they think differently to you?!
I certainly wouldn’t be arguing with internet people while on that beach 😂
Would love to be there right now!

Reactions: 9
I certainly wouldn’t be arguing with internet people while on that beach 😂
Would love to be there right now!
Look at the comments it’s gotten though. Just under 1300. That means engagement, even if the comments are negative. And ultimately engagement is money to these people.

Look at her other posts - some have as little as 41, a rough average seems to be about 150 (at a glance). She’s improved her engagement 10 times over with that Nelly vid.

If you’re under the illusion that Em gives a fig about the beliefs and values she claims to, you have to question why she monetises it. The Nelly post has indirectly earned her money. Plus Nelly has more of a following than she does, so she is aligning herself to bigger players so to speak. She’s upping her engagement and potential following by posting that. To the people asking what the point of it was - that was the point. Em has shown no real desire to engage in meaningful dialogue over it, she hasn’t even offered much food for thought. Plus I’ve commented earlier about how Em is all about empowering women but will also promote fast fashion brands which exploit women.

Simply put: she doesn’t care about empowering women. Em is a wealthy, privileged, cloistered young woman. She’s grown up with an opinionated entitled father, and she herself is every bit as entitled and opinionated (but ill-informed). Just as her father curated an affable, laddy image for his TV show (but then showed his ugly side when he assaulted someone at their place of work, losing his job for it), Em too curates an image of being a feminist defender of minorities and social issues. Don’t be fooled, her priority is making money.

She didn’t care about female empowerment when she posted that Nelly vid. She posted it because she knew it could be, ultimately, financially profitable for her, which is precisely why she shouldn’t be the voice for any of the issues she wades in on.

• Heart
She’s grown up with an opinionated entitled father, and she herself is every bit as entitled and opinionated (but ill-informed). Just as her father curated an affable, laddy image for his TV show (but then showed his ugly side when he assaulted someone at their place of work, losing his job for it),
I know this isn't a Jeremy Clarkson thread, but I'm still angry that he didn't see ACTUAL consequences for that and not just a job loss. Someone I know actually served time in prison for a similar assault, but Clarkson gets off scott-free because he tits about on the telly for a living and writes a column full of inflammatory drivel. Then he strikes up a deal with Amazon. tit doesn't stick to these people.

No wonder Emily's like that with such a role model.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I
There have been so many really thought provoking, insightful comments under the Nelly post. All Alex and Em have done is invalidate them because they don’t align with their shallow, faux-feminist, uneducated drivel.

the underwear, as someone pointed out, caters to the male gaze.

The sphere of body inclusivity and positivity has been co-opened by largely white, middle class women with bodies that are acceptably attractive. nelly still has a slim, attractive figure.

Nelly walking around London isn’t appropriate for that reason. It isn’t empowering because she’s only able to do it because her body and her lingerie cater to the male gaze and ultimately, misogynistic ideals.

there’s nothing wrong with wanting your children to not have to see a woman’s body if it’s being sexualised. In fact I’d argue it’s healthier for children to be protected from sexualised female bodies since women’s bodies are overly sexualised and I wouldn’t want my child to internalise that view. When a woman’s body is dressed in lingerie, it is ultimately being sexualised for the male gaze.

em’s recent post in a bikini, making a jab at women wanting to protect children from sexualised female bodies, doesn’t make sense. Because bikinis aren’t sexualised in the same context that lingerie is. The whole concept of that type of underwear is that it’s sexual and to be worn as part of sex.

if Alex, Em or Nelly had a brain cell between them, they could maybe understand that. Could maybe begin to question how the beliefs they are parroting, are perhaps byproducts of a patriarchal society.

but since the trio are ✨utter idiots✨ They aren’t capable and resort to what amounts to bullying and name calling their own following.
The worst part is? They don’t care. Because the arguements they are embroiling themselves in, amount to ✨engagement✨ and all Em cares about is money. As per her rant earlier in the year because people dared to report her.

no wonder people kept reporting her. She is toxic AF and an entitled bully.
Is this the same Nelly with the large bottom section or someone else?

I know this isn't a Jeremy Clarkson thread, but I'm still angry that he didn't see ACTUAL consequences for that and not just a job loss. Someone I know actually served time in prison for a similar assault, but Clarkson gets off scott-free because he tits about on the telly for a living and writes a column full of inflammatory drivel. Then he strikes up a deal with Amazon. tit doesn't stick to these people.

No wonder Emily's like that with such a role model.
Dont forget, he verbally abused the guy too. He “suffered verbal abuse that no-one should endure” over a steak dinner

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.