Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree on the tension between Alex Light and Em.

I wonder how they first met and became friends? Or is it purely professional?

They act chummy but I think it’s part of their professional act, to behave like a pair of buds for the sake of a podcast. It’s a popular and successful format.

But they are not spoiled, entitled, egotistic women and I can imagine they butt heads a lot. Wouldn’t surprise me if Jezza being a sexist pig, is the source of the current frostiness.

Someone posted on this thread a few months ago , picking up tension between them - something to do with chairs at a café and someone not having a seat? I cba to scroll back!

It’s definitely not all as it seems with those two.

Reactions: 6
tbh, it's probably pretty tense between Em and podcast Alex, with that article by Jeremy Clarkson, as Alex likely immediately created a reel slating him for his derogatory and misogynist comments - as she reacts to any man making such vile comments about women in the media - with all the usual spiel about bullying etc, only for Em to stop in and veto her posting it, begging her not to be mean about daddy Clarkson, playing the victim role, all "vulnerable" and "sick" and "pregnant", and demanding Alex be a supportive friend - hence the typed out statement which twisted the narrative, all about "bullying" and Em not being responsible for her father's opinions. it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if Em demanded to read what Alex wrote before she shared it in her stories, and told her it must be typed, because she didn't trust Alex to talk about the scandal in her stories without implying that Jeremy should be held accountable and apologise. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Em has been very quiet on SM ever since that article was published, so there is definitely some tension behind the scenes, as she wouldn't usually wait this long and miss an opportunity how pregnant and nauseous she is!
Oh she'll be back with some utter nonsense.

There is something called a dignified silence, I don't agree with what JC said at all but surely you should expect a degree of loyalty from your family..as in not publicly calling out your dad in order to make yourself look better and to increase engagement and traffic to her SM account!

Reactions: 4
Oh she'll be back with some utter nonsense.

There is something called a dignified silence, I don't agree with what JC said at all but surely you should expect a degree of loyalty from your family..as in not publicly calling out your dad in order to make yourself look better and to increase engagement and traffic to her SM account!
I’m in two minds tbh.

Surely there are more important things that family loyalty? And is Em loyal to him because he’s her dad or because he’s her meal ticket?

I think it’s important to call out toxic messages like this privately and publicly. If Em avoided the topic of H&M altogether then you could maybe forgive her for saying nothing.

But she’s highlighted that she recognises it’s wrong and so it doesn’t look like she’s having these difficult conversations in private or in public.

It’s all well and good espousing popular views (I don’t like misogyny! I don’t like bullying!) but the difficult conversations with loved ones and when sticking by those views, that’s the tricky part, that’s when someone needs integrity and principles and it seems to me like Em just doesn’t have those.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I get the feeling that Alex and Emily are akin to Stacey Solomon and Hinch.
Purely for business, and probably hate each other in secret

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m in two minds tbh.

Surely there are more important things that family loyalty? And is Em loyal to him because he’s her dad or because he’s her meal ticket?

I think it’s important to call out toxic messages like this privately and publicly. If Em avoided the topic of H&M altogether then you could maybe forgive her for saying nothing.

But she’s highlighted that she recognises it’s wrong and so it doesn’t look like she’s having these difficult conversations in private or in public.

It’s all well and good espousing popular views (I don’t like misogyny! I don’t like bullying!) but the difficult conversations with loved ones and when sticking by those views, that’s the tricky part, that’s when someone needs integrity and principles and it seems to me like Em just doesn’t have those.
Personally I think she's flakey to her core.

She picks which bandwagon to jump on based on how it benefits her. I think where her dad is concerned she's reluctant to bite the hand that feeds her and affords her the privileged stay at home doing nothing of any value life she lives. But she's also too bothered about how she is perceived by strangers online ..the ones that she uses for money via her ads..so she does the bare minimum to appease them too and keep them on side.

Perhaps motherhood will be the making of her !

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Personally I think she's flakey to her core.

She picks which bandwagon to jump on based on how it benefits her. I think where her dad is concerned she's reluctant to bite the hand that feeds her and affords her the privileged stay at home doing nothing of any value life she lives. But she's also too bothered about how she is perceived by strangers online ..the ones that she uses for money via her ads..so she does the bare minimum to appease them too and keep them on side.

Perhaps motherhood will be the making of her !
Yep I agree. She knows full well without her parents connections she would likely have to *gasp* work for a living.

Ive heard my mum and my friends say something to that effect, when they know a difficult/unpleasant person is having a baby and honestly, having a baby doesn’t automatically, magically, make you a better, more compassionate, less selfish person. Sadly. It just means someone has had a kid.

If anything, the stresses of a child can bring out the worst of peoples’ traits.

Nope, IMO the only way something is the making of someone, is when they make that decision to do it. When they decide they are going to be better for their own sake. I just can’t see Em changing at all now. She’s self righteous AF, she’d never admit to any personal failings.

• Heart
Yep I agree. She knows full well without her parents connections she would likely have to *gasp* work for a living.

Ive heard my mum and my friends say something to that effect, when they know a difficult/unpleasant person is having a baby and honestly, having a baby doesn’t automatically, magically, make you a better, more compassionate, less selfish person. Sadly. It just means someone has had a kid.

If anything, the stresses of a child can bring out the worst of peoples’ traits.

Nope, IMO the only way something is the making of someone, is when they make that decision to do it. When they decide they are going to be better for their own sake. I just can’t see Em changing at all now. She’s self righteous AF, she’d never admit to any personal failings.
I was being sarcastic tbh 😉

She hasn't got a selfless bone in her body and I've no doubt the baby will be the source of more self righteous outbursts coupled with endless ads.

Unlike Mrs Andrews to be so quiet though. No faux indignant outrage, or arguments with herself in DMS

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was being sarcastic tbh 😉

She hasn't got a selfless bone in her body and I've no doubt the baby will be the source of more self righteous outbursts coupled with endless ads.
I'm guessing there will be a hidden live in nanny while pretending to do it all herself. I hate it when they hide the nanny!

• Heart
For anyone under the misunderstanding that Em is a victim in the Clarkson V Clarkson saga…

Google her name now, and you’ll get a column in pretty much every national newspaper about how she’s “condemning” her father. Most of the U.K. doesn’t know who she is - but she’s sure making headlines for next to nothing now. This will be generating traffic to her insta, garnering her sympathy follows and likes.

At the start of this month, she had ~265k followers… she now has 283k… an extra 18 thousand people in the space of three weeks. Her post about Meghan has 29k likes, in contrast to her overall average of 6k likes per post. All of this, translates as building her “career” and translates into revenue stream for her.

But let’s pretend that, despite all of the showbiz help she has at her disposal, and despite years of experience her parents have between them, and despite the fact her husband works in PR (specifically, reputational damage) and despite the fact she has her own management (Jenny Rose at 84 world, who is head of operations and above the other regular talent managers, which means Em enjoys the best treatment and management possible)… let’s suspend disbelief for a second and pretend this has all been some accidental faux pas.

She still has the aforementioned support available to her. She has still undoubtedly benefited from this. What are the downsides exactly? Some angry DMs shes (presumbably) receiving. In a couple of days people will forget what Jeremy Clarkson wrote and how his daughter responded… but she’ll still have enjoyed that surge of exposure and engagement.

and sure, when articles like jeremy’s are printed, all women suffer. It feeds into a misogynist public dialogue, it reaffirms sexist attitudes, it feeds into internalised misogyn. But what I won’t accept is the pretence that it effects all women the same.

because WOC, poor women, disabled women and so on, suffer much more than the likes of Em Clarkson ever will, from her dad’s sexist rants. He feels comfortable being openly sexist because he knows his daughter is protected from it to an extent.

em is only concerned about misogyny when it negatively affects her. She isn’t intersectional in her personal brand of feminism. She is happy to peddle fast fashion in full knowledge of how exploitive it is towards women. She is happy to accept promotional column inches from the sun when it involves selling her book. She is happy to benefit from nepotism from her father. She is happy to latch onto the first man to take her seriously. She is completely happy to benefit from misogyny and is never really concerned with actually dismantling any real patriarchal systems. She doesn’t refuse to do business with the sun, she didn’t refuse opportunities nepotism brings her - even though all of this harms other women who don’t enjoy the buffers she has, shes happy time and time again to overlook it all. Sorry, but posting a vid saying it’s OK to eat a doughnut, doesn’t cut it. It doesn’t negate all the crappy practices she engages in. It’s superficial, it’s easy, it’s cheap feminism without any real backbone.

so sorry but in my view, Em Clarkson is no victim. Not in any direct sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
For anyone under the misunderstanding that Em is a victim in the Clarkson V Clarkson saga…

Google her name now, and you’ll get a column in pretty much every national newspaper about how she’s “condemning” her father. Most of the U.K. doesn’t know who she is - but she’s sure making headlines for next to nothing now. This will be generating traffic to her insta, garnering her sympathy follows and likes.

At the start of this month, she had ~265k followers… she now has 283k… an extra 18 thousand people in the space of three weeks. Her post about Meghan has 29k likes, in contrast to her overall average of 6k likes per post. All of this, translates as building her “career” and translates into revenue stream for her.

But let’s pretend that, despite all of the showbiz help she has at her disposal, and despite years of experience her parents have between them, and despite the fact her husband works in PR (specifically, reputational damage) and despite the fact she has her own management (Jenny Rose at 84 world, who is head of operations and above the other regular talent managers, which means Em enjoys the best treatment and management possible)… let’s suspend disbelief for a second and pretend this has all been some accidental faux pas.

She still has the aforementioned support available to her. She has still undoubtedly benefited from this. What are the downsides exactly? Some angry DMs shes (presumbably) receiving. In a couple of days people will forget what Jeremy Clarkson wrote and how his daughter responded… but she’ll still have enjoyed that surge of exposure and engagement.

and sure, when articles like jeremy’s are printed, all women suffer. It feeds into a misogynist public dialogue, it reaffirms sexist attitudes, it feeds into internalised misogyn. But what I won’t accept is the pretence that it effects all women the same.

because WOC, poor women, disabled women and so on, suffer much more than the likes of Em Clarkson ever will, from her dad’s sexist rants. He feels comfortable being openly sexist because he knows his daughter is protected from it to an extent.

em is only concerned about misogyny when it negatively affects her. She isn’t intersectional in her personal brand of feminism. She is happy to peddle fast fashion in full knowledge of how exploitive it is towards women. She is happy to accept promotional column inches from the sun when it involves selling her book. She is happy to benefit from nepotism from her father. She is happy to latch onto the first man to take her seriously. She is completely happy to benefit from misogyny and is never really concerned with actually dismantling any real patriarchal systems. She doesn’t refuse to do business with the sun, she didn’t refuse opportunities nepotism brings her - even though all of this harms other women who don’t enjoy the buffers she has, shes happy time and time again to overlook it all. Sorry, but posting a vid saying it’s OK to eat a doughnut, doesn’t cut it. It doesn’t negate all the crappy practices she engages in. It’s superficial, it’s easy, it’s cheap feminism without any real backbone.

so sorry but in my view, Em Clarkson is no victim. Not in any direct sense.
I really enjoy reading your posts. You write so eloquently and I like that your replies are thought out and interesting.

It's easy enough to scroll through if you aren't interested in reading the longer posts so please don't spoil it for those of us that like to read them.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
They are way too long though? So surely that’s an issue ?
who says they are too long? That’s subjective.
Some of us enjoy getting into a bit more of a debate/analysis of what Em posts and she posts about serious topics.

some of us enjoy having a skim read and eye rolling at her.

neither one is wrong, it’s polite and considerate of others on the thread to skim past whatever doesn’t interest you, personally, instead of trying to police the thread into your personal preference.

there is a reason the mods deleted it the first time around, take the hint! And let us discuss Em in peace 😂

I'm guessing there will be a hidden live in nanny while pretending to do it all herself. I hate it when they hide the nanny!
I reckon overprotective mum clarkson will move in and do all the hard work whilst em takes selfies in bed with captions about how it’s ok to be tired

Reactions: 12
I’m saying they are too long, so as sure as your opinion is valid, so is MINE!!!
That’s the whole point of my rant, you are not always right! And that’s kind of the point! People need to be told things that annoy them, it’s not trolling it’s just facts 🤷‍♀️

Rule no. 1 of the forum is ”Don't attempt to moderate, tone police or tell people what they can post”

Reactions: 14
who says they are too long? That’s subjective.
Some of us enjoy getting into a bit more of a debate/analysis of what Em posts and she posts about serious topics.

some of us enjoy having a skim read and eye rolling at her.

neither one is wrong, it’s polite and considerate of others on the thread to skim past whatever doesn’t interest you, personally, instead of trying to police the thread into your personal preference.

there is a reason the mods deleted it the first time around, take the hint! And let us discuss Em in peace 😂

I reckon overprotective mum clarkson will move in and do all the hard work whilst em takes selfies in bed with captions about how it’s ok to be tired
I followed Stacey Solomon briefly and she was pretending to be mum of the year doing it all when one day Joe was on a live on Instagram and Mandy the nanny wandered into shot behind him, did this comedy omg look and then tried to creep back out. Joe came clean and revealed she was their nanny ! It was hilarious!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I followed Stacey Solomon briefly and she was pretending to be mum of the year doing it all when one day Joe was on a live on Instagram and Mandy the nanny wandered into shot behind him, did this comedy omg look and then tried to creep back out. Joe came clean and revealed she was their nanny ! It was hilarious!
I don’t follow Stacey (I just don’t think I can bring myself to even hate follow at this point) but that is crazy!! I’d have loved to have seen that

what’s so bad about hiring a nanny? I’d do it 100%

why are insta huns so obsessed with having this facade that they are perfect, with perfect lives and having it all. We all know it’s bull

I don’t follow Stacey (I just don’t think I can bring myself to even hate follow at this point) but that is crazy!! I’d have loved to have seen that

what’s so bad about hiring a nanny? I’d do it 100%

why are insta huns so obsessed with having this facade that they are perfect, with perfect lives and having it all. We all know it’s bull
I had to stop following her. She's a liar and a fake. The way she acquired a puppy was absolutely disgusting as was her wedding which was pretty much all freebies. She's just awful

• Heart
I’m in two minds tbh.

Em is fully aware what her father is like - he has been sharing his misogynistic, offensive opinions for years. she may not have been aware that he was having an article published about Meghan, filled with toxic fantasies about pelting her with excrement to that point that it keeps him awake at night - and certainly, i don't think even he predicted quite how badly it would be taken, as i think the resulting disgust spiralled way beyond how he imagined - hence him attempting to shift the blame and justify it as "just a GOT reference!" - but ultimately, Em benefited just as much from the article as Jeremy, in terms of boosting her prominence in the media!

it may not have been pre-planned that they both wrote about the same topic with very clashing viewpoints - although it very well may have been - but Em reacting by sharing a statement where she highlighted that she disagreed with her dad's comments only worked in her favour. she has been mentioned in countless news articles written about Jeremy's article, which is ch all include the fact that Em Clarkson - Jeremy's daughter - publicly shared that she disagreed with her dad and is fiercely opposed to misogyny etc. if anything, it reminded everyone that Jeremy is a vile individual, yet worked vert favourably for Em, in terms of boosting her popularity on SM, and increasing her audience and - by default - engagement, which will help her secure further brand work as a result. i very much doubt that there is any tension between her and her father behind the sevens, because ultimately, his outlandish and offensive statements work to her advantage - hence why she clings to the Clarkson name, despite supposedly hating being known as Jezza's daughter! bullshit. she knows perfectly well that the association is beneficial to her career prospects, because Jeremy is well-known, and any articules about him that mention Em - especially those which highlight that Em disagrees with her father and insinuates family drama - will only increase support for her! they will likely spend Christmas sat around the table, grinning smugly and rubbing their hands with glee, that yet another tactic to increase engagement has been so successful - because as much as i believe Em doesn't agree with some of the stuff Jeremy says - and realistically neither does he, as he makes such sensationalist comments specifically because it gets him attention and means that he becomes trending topic with everyone talking about him - she definitely plays up her opposing viewpoint as it works to her advantage, and is very adept at twisting the narrative to ensure she is cast in the role of victim - in this situation, the "victim" or a thoughtless and insensitive father who didn't consider the imaocy of his comments on his vulnerable, pregnant daughter - when in reality she is reaping the benefits! any publicity is good publicity, and he's been publishing misogynistic bullshit for long enough to know that it only helps boost his career, and helps keep him in the public eye - and now he is continuing to do the same to boost his daughters' career!

it's nothing to do with family loyalty - neither will care that they are sharing opposing viewpoints publicly, just as they won't be fighting about it behind closed doors, because it works! the fact that we're all talking about it is proof of that - and they're probably high fiving each other for their success! it has benefited Em in terms of bringing attention to her account, whilst she will also be able to use the incident for sympathy when she returns to SM, with stories about how it affected her at such a vulnerable time, thus furhter increasing people's support of her! it's all incredibly manipulative and i don't believe that Em's opinions are actually as fierce as she claims - like sure, she doesn't agree with misogyny, but she takes it to the extreme when she uses it as content, as she can then use it to her benefit in situations such as this! she quickly placed herself in the role of victim because it benefits her, when any negative impact the situation has had on her is far outweighed by the benefits. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.