Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think influencing is a hard job, bar the nasty messages etc, but I do think in think in this situation she can't win.

When she posts about how hard she has found pregnancy, the majority of the comments are about how no one needs to see this, how it would be so much harder if she had a real job, stop attention seeking.

When she posts about enjoying motherhood and the newborn days - something valid and true to her - she's called smug, told that she's only enjoying it because she has money etc.

She's quite insufferable in lots of ways but I think here can't do anything that will please

Reactions: 8
I don't think influencing is a hard job, bar the nasty messages etc, but I do think in think in this situation she can't win.

When she posts about how hard she has found pregnancy, the majority of the comments are about how no one needs to see this, how it would be so much harder if she had a real job, stop attention seeking.

When she posts about enjoying motherhood and the newborn days - something valid and true to her - she's called smug, told that she's only enjoying it because she has money etc.

She's quite insufferable in lots of ways but I think here can't do anything that will please
In which case is it worth posting it at all. It’s not a small, private account, her words influence, they will create opinion and comment, that’s her whole raison d’être. Hugely personal posts like that maybe just keep to friends/family instead of over sharing?

Reactions: 4
In which case is it worth posting it at all. It’s not a small, private account, her words influence, they will create opinion and comment, that’s her whole raison d’être. Hugely personal posts like that maybe just keep to friends/family instead of over sharing?
It's her job? Also she might just want to share because having a baby is a big deal.

Reactions: 1

I don’t think that’s true though. There’s plenty she can say that won’t cause offense

“I’m really enjoying motherhood at the moment, but I appreciate I don’t have most of the stressors most other people have. I have a support network, I’m surrounded by vast wealth and that protects me from the vast majority of stressors most new mothers are exposed to. I’m incredibly lucky and I wish more mothers could have it as easy as I do”

but to be inoffensive would require being honest and self reflective; not Em’s strong points. It would require acknowledging that she is where she is in life due to luck. It would mean acknowledging she isn’t like most women in that she doesn’t share the same circumstances. She isn’t brave enough to be honest about these things, because she’s scared it will alienate her audience.

and admitting that to herself would also mean confronting how bloody mediocre and untalented and unaccomplished she is. Easier to stick her head in the sand and ignore those ugly truths.

You can enjoy being positive about new motherhood and post about it and NOT cause offense, but it requires a strength of character that Em simply doesn’t possess.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I don’t think that’s true though. There’s plenty she can say that won’t cause offense

“I’m really enjoying motherhood at the moment, but I appreciate I don’t have most of the stressors most other people have. I have a support network, I’m surrounded by vast wealth and that protects me from the vast majority of stressors most new mothers are exposed to. I’m incredibly lucky and I wish more mothers could have it as easy as I do”

but to be inoffensive would require being honest and self reflective; not Em’s strong points. It would require acknowledging that she is where she is in life due to luck. It would mean acknowledging she isn’t like most women in that she doesn’t share the same circumstances. She isn’t brave enough to be honest about these things, because she’s scared it will alienate her audience.

and admitting that to herself would also mean confronting how bloody mediocre and untalented and unaccomplished she is. Easier to stick her head in the sand and ignore those ugly truths.

You can enjoy being positive about new motherhood and post about it and NOT cause offense, but it requires a strength of character that Em simply doesn’t possess.
Or maybe we should stop expecting celebrities/whatever she is to be martyrs

Or maybe we should stop expecting celebrities/whatever she is to be martyrs
no one expects them to be martyrs? If anyone makes Em a martyr, it’s herself.

feeling that someone should acknowledge their privileges instead of making often trite, and occasionally harmful, statements, isn’t the same as being a martyr

a martyr is someone who suffers or is punished because of their principles - so if anything, we are calling Em the exact opposite. She has zero principles to stand by, she just co-opts social issues so she can 1. Gain a following to monetise 2. Build her brand around her pseudo-intellectualism and 3. Soothe her own ego and vanity. She definitely is not a martyr.

we are just fed up seeing nepo-babies, which is basically what Em is
---
It's her job? Also she might just want to share because having a baby is a big deal.
playing fast and loose with the word “job” lol

Reactions: 5

honestly, it's far more her hypocritical behaviour that irritates me. she spent months complaining about her severe morning sickness, explaining it in huge, graphic detail on an almost daily basis, with no thought as to the impact that may have on other people who are pregnant or who are trying to get pregnant, and may make them feel anxious/scared etc - yet at the same time, she was ranting about people replying to her questions about motherhood and sharing supposed "horror stories" about lack of sleep etc, saying she was vulnerable and hormonal and only wanted to hear positive stories to reassure her - fine in theory, yet incredibly hypocritical when she had absolutely zero qualms about sharing her own negative experiences with no concern as to how that may affect other people! it's not even as though people were sharing horrific, traumatic birth stories etc, it was literally people sharing their very generic experiences of colic and exhaustion. 🤷🏻‍♂️

nad whilst now, she is highlighting how "perfect" her early experiences of motherhood have been, proving wrong all the "horror stories" and warnings of other parents, Arlo is only four weeks old, and once that honeymoon phase is over, it is more than likely she will feel overwhelmed by a lack of sleep, or arguments with her husband etc, and her "inspirational" posts to reassure anxious women about motherhood etc will soon start aspects that she is struggling with, which other people may interpret as "horror stories" and if anyone dares ask her to only share "positive stories" because they are pregnant and feeling anxious/vulnerable, they will get a response about how she is determined to show the reality of motherhood, the highs and the lows and refuses to turn her IG into a highlight reel and portray motherhood as a fairytale etc, just the usual contradictions and hypocrisy.

Reactions: 6
That post did have a very smug vibe lol, her usual smug arrogance really.

It felt like, a big FU to everyone who offered up their opinion. You were just scaremonger and I’m nailing this motherhood buisness

Like girl, you’re 3 weeks in.

Reactions: 6
Started a new thread as this one was over. Hope it’s worked!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.