Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Out of interest how do people feel the following should be declared by influencers, I've put what I think next to each option:

Paid advert - paid partnership banner on instagram and a #ad in in a post or an "ad" sticker or similar on each story. Also "Ad" at the start of any text under a post. Ad at the start of the title in a YouTube video.
Gifted item/stay - #ad or "ad" sticker on each story alongside something saying it was gifted. AD at the start of any text under a post. Any gifted items should be declared as such for 12 months.
Discount not offered to the general public - I would suggest the words PR discount on a story or at front of text in a post on instagram. Clearly marked on relevant sections in a YouTube video.
Affiliate link - in stories a page before the story with a link saying something like the next story contains an affiliate link, I will earn commission from this link of you buy anything from the company's website with the next 30 days (or whatever it is) and then wording on the story itself conforming the link is affiliate. Easy in YouTube or to put under a post in instagram before any links.
Sponsored video - "Ad" in the video title and clearly on the specific section of video which is sponsored if not the whole one.

Anything I've missed, what do you guys think?
Apparently this would all be too confusing for her (or any influencers) auidence to understand. We would get all muddled in the head, but also we are all smart enough to know that they would never post anything or promote something they weren't 100% into themselves just being paid thousands of pounds is tiny *and not a motivational* bonus. All they want to do is share with us, that's all they want. They are our trusted friends. Now swipe up! (No one really says swipe up now though do they?)

Last edited:

AllTheDramaMick

VIP Member
Tbf Sophie is barely in the video. I didn’t say anything about after I’d watched it this morning cause honestly it was just boring there wasn’t really much to say.