Emily Canham #5 Compulsive liar, maid service supplier, lockdown breach denier, relationship is dire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not triggered by her weight talk, although I find it obsessive and damaging to viewers. But I'm not going to give her the adsense to watch such disturbing tripe. She is vile. Honestly one of the worst YouTubers/Influencers out there. Hope anyone who did watch it is ok❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It's incredibly damaging to viewers. I'm her "height" (but I'm actually her height...) and I'm a size 8-10 but I'm on the lower end of the weight range for our height so I can't imagine where she is. Personally, I just don't think she's the right person to be preaching about weight and exercise etc. when she clearly has an incredibly unhealthy relationship with food. Sure, she might have gained a few pounds, but talking about her "weight gain" whilst still being tiny doesn't sit well with me. It's slightly triggering to me, but I can't imagine what younger viewers might be thinking when she's talking about weight gain but she's still the size she is. Her core area may look fit, but it's clear that her weight maintenance isn't down to exercise (as evidenced by her lack of tone elsewhere), her relationship with food is just unhealthy and I'd hate to think that younger viewers are taking these ideas on board as healthy habits.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
but talking about her "weight gain" whilst still being tiny doesn't sit well with me.
Came here to say the same thing. I'm not triggered by weight discussions but am well aware of the impact they have on people. Her discussing her weight whilst she looks like she does and knows that she wears some of the smallest clothing sizes available is ridiculous and harmful. The language she uses to talk about herself is the most damaging thing of all.

The amount she has "gained" is within a bracket that essentially "doesn't matter" - meaning it's a small amount that humans fluctuate around anyway, especially those who menstruate.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just rereading the last few pages on the old thread... James was getting a bashing for not taking her out for a meal, but it was back in full in lockdown! I believe in the times we could only leave the house for an hours exercise a day!!! Delivery services were fucked as well... Don't think it's fair to judge him on this birthday, in normal circumstances he may have planned a trip away etcetc.... Balloons do not equate to love!

Reactions: 4
Can we talk about how DENSE and problematic her new vlog is. I can't believe she'd title a whole vlog "Weighing myself". Im actually disgusted she has a young audience. Then she talks about how she only worked out for 14 days & "were all not coming out of lockdown fitter and she needs to watch what she eats more"
Then flash forward to her talking with all the bones in her chest showing... she looks way way too skinny as it is, I am genuinely concerned for her, how can she want to be skinnier? If i was her I'd want to put on a bit more weight to have a bit of a bum and some more curves.
Someone commented about how she needs to add a trigger warning in the description or title of the vlog and Emily said " i did one at the beginning of the video but i'll add it if you think it'll help" ... she didnt add anything. I'm commenting this is absolutely ridiculous, cancelemilycanham2020 please!

All her fans "omg i also put on weight, thank you so much for being #relatable bc now youre just skinny and not ridiculously skinny, that is so #relatable! You talked about this in the best way!"
How is this the best way ? The title of her vlog is "weighing myself the first time since lockdown" Why not entitle it "Trying to be healthy again since lockdown" and talk about ordering fruits and veggies and being more active, instead of talking about "watching" what you eat, and weigh yourself which is very triggering.
I dont find this kind of stuff triggering personally but it bothers me bc i know others do and it is so irresponsible. Shes 23, GROW UP Emily, cant believe shes dating someone in his late 30s and she still acts as dense as a 13 year old girl
Obsessing over your weight on a scale is NOT healthy, how about eating healthy foods and focusing on how you feel not what a scale tells you.

I also wouldnt be surprised if she has an ED herself, the way she goes on and on about weight like its the most important thing in her life, and the way she discusses it you can tell is unhealthy

Last edited:
  • Angry
The amount she has "gained" is within a bracket that essentially "doesn't matter" - meaning it's a small amount that humans fluctuate around anyway, especially those who menstruate.
Yes exactly this too. The amount she gained could've purely been down to natural fluctuations, monthly cycles, what she's eaten lately, water weight etc. Or some of those factors plus a very small amount of actual weight. Absolute no need to make a video about it. She was going before and tiny now, she needs to stop!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I find it really strange that she doesn’t even feel uncomfortable or bad about it. Maybe that’s one of the few things that give her a thrill? Because let’s be real we all probably put on some weight but I doubt a lot look like Emily even before our weight gain over quarantine. I’m quite slim myself but that’s a given. It’s Literally like hearing Madison beer say ‘I’m so ugly I need so much work done!!’........We all have our insecurities but at this age you just know what to say and what not to say out of consideration right? I literally make sure I don’t ‘rub in’ my weight gain because at the end of the day I am still slim and I don’t have to deal with issues other people around me may have so out of courtesy as mentioned above, just weigh yourself, observe it and move on? I defo have separate issues w my body but I just think it’s common sense to (for example) not say ‘wow I gained so much weight’ when you look a certain way in front of someone with a larger dress size/history with EDs etc. She could’ve even just put in a quick clip saying ‘oh I have put on weight during lockdown but that’s okay and natural’ and ended it there why was there a whole vlog and build up with ‘let’s make a prediction’ etc. You’re not a health or workout channel so why was it necessary?? Especially if you do videos and pictures of your body and hauls all the time this is completely off brand and unnecessary for her audience. And very inconsiderate. I don’t consider weight a ‘flex’ and I’m sure many other people don’t .....but I feel like she does which is why she likes to talk about it loads.

Reactions: 9
It’s crazy to me the lengths that people go through to hide this sort of behaviour and Emily is literally broadcasting it for the whole world to see and her family and boyfriend are saying nothing. If I was putting up videos like that showing that I not only had a serious problem with my body image and food, but projecting this to a young audience my parents and boyfriend would freak out. 1. They would be trying to get me help and 2. They would be making me take that video down.

That's such a good point. I'm really surprised that her mum or older sister don't say anything, even just for Sophie's sake!

Reactions: 7
She talks about weight gain and says she’s not going to get in a bikini anytime soon but then plasters her instagram with bikini shots on the same day. She is clearly just begging for people to say she looks good and that’s where she gets her kicks.

It also makes me laugh as James said she never goes with him when she mentions going surfing. She is doing the whole change my personality for whoever I’m around at the time. Does anyone actually know the real Emily. Also that filter makes Her look dirty and not tanned and almost looks like those sun damage filters 🤣

Reactions: 15
There were a few comments earlier questioning the title of that video and the need for the video at all that seem to have been deleted 🙃
Brush it under the carpet Em and just let your impressionable young followers look at you and compare themselves whilst you’re obsessing over weighing yourself. Let them believe that your body type is ‘stodgy’ and that you aren’t ‘lean’ but it doesn’t matter because you won’t be in a bikini any time soon (effectively that a body like you’re isnt bikini ready) . REALLY RESPONSIBLE

this girl should not have a platform to talk about these things fuckinf hell.

Reactions: 13
I don’t actually watch Emily, however she came up in my recommended videos on YouTube. I wouldn’t normally say anything, however in this case I think it’s important. I thought the title of this was terrible. I haven’t even watched this video but this girl is clearly in good shape so I can’t begin to imagine what this video is about. Things like this can be extremely triggering for a lot of people. I have suffered from an eating disorder myself, and this title actually upset me. I won’t watch this, and have removed her videos being recommended as this is very dangerous for a lot of people.

Attachments

I don’t actually watch Emily, however she came up in my recommended videos on YouTube. I wouldn’t normally say anything, however in this case I think it’s important. I thought the title of this was terrible. I haven’t even watched this video but this girl is clearly in good shape so I can’t begin to imagine what this video is about. Things like this can be extremely triggering for a lot of people. I have suffered from an eating disorder myself, and this title actually upset me. I won’t watch this, and have removed her videos being recommended as this is very dangerous for a lot of people.
That was a smart decision, good on you!
The video title (also the thumbnail to along with it) was an awful idea. I'm surprised there aren't more comments about it on the video.

I was puzzled by her comment during the video about weighing her bag for travel, and that she needed to weigh herself and then weigh her bag and herself and then deduct her weight to find out how heavy her bag is. Why not just weigh the bag? Completely agree with what you have all said, its so damaging what she is doing. I personally think she's lost weight during lockdown, its worrying.

Reactions: 12
I'm so pissed off about this video I've reported it for harmful and dangerous acts 🤷‍♀️
I actually did the same! The more I thought it, the more it annoyed me and I’m not even someone who would be triggered by this. I saw a 12 year old respond to the comment asking Emily to put triggers in saying ‘shut up she doesn’t need to’

not today Satan!

Reactions: 10
Is this woman really so thick?! Putting on 7 pounds is nothing. On her body that's not even going to show. And yet she says she is not 'lean'. She needs to start acting her age.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.