Emily Canham #11 We are actually just worried about her health

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cant watch this train-wreck... sorry but i cant even watch her videos anymore because it is horrifying. She needs help, she should not be posting on youtube right now, she needs serious help

Reactions: 17
She is not 40kg. My twin has an Ed and is 38kg at 5”6 and looks half the size of Emily even though she is tiny.
Well based on the weights that’s what she’s saying, if it’s true it’s another thing, but based on current patterns I believe she’s close to if not aspiring to get to that

Reactions: 1
Also weight looks different on everyone. You can see (unfortunately) she is not big boned at all, her bones are very small and tiny, so she can weigh less and not look that skinny. (She is very skinny right now though) I know I have wider and thicker bones (I don't know how to say it) and I weigh more than you would assume.
So I do think she is around 45 kg, 50 max considering her height.

Reactions: 6
I'd hazard a guess that shes around 45kg and probably about 5'9 in reality, making her BMI about 14.6 or potentially even lower. Extremely low and worrying. I have an ED and whilst weight isnt an indication of how you are psychologically with it ( I was at my worst with behaviours when I had a healthy weight), I can say that my lowest weight was around the same as Emily is now and it makes you feel like death. It's really hard to function fully.. even worse if she is purging too.
That's interesting you say that - I have had anorexia for a decade (though weight restored currently). Maybe I'm biased, but while I think she's lost an unhealthy amount of weight, she doesn't look skeletal. No way is her BMI that low. I'd say no less than 17-18. It is hard to function with an eating disorder regardless of weight, particularly if purging - but it doesn't stop people exercising.. I was a competitve distance runner at BMI 14-15. I doubt she feels like death - she probably feels euphoric at the amount of weight she has lost, it gives you a huge boost of confidence, energy and motivation to exercise more.

Totally agree though that weight has no indication of how sick you are -I've suffered far more at a healthy weight. Sorry to hear you've been through it - it's a nasty illness.

Reactions: 11
That's interesting you say that - I have had anorexia for a decade (though weight restored currently). Maybe I'm biased, but while I think she's lost an unhealthy amount of weight, she doesn't look skeletal. No way is her BMI that low. I'd say no less than 17-18. It is hard to function with an eating disorder regardless of weight, particularly if purging - but it doesn't stop people exercising.. I was a competitve distance runner at BMI 14-15. I doubt she feels like death - she probably feels euphoric at the amount of weight she has lost, it gives you a huge boost of confidence, energy and motivation to exercise more.

Totally agree though that weight has no indication of how sick you are -I've suffered far more at a healthy weight. Sorry to hear you've been through it - it's a nasty illness.
i had a BMI of 18 when I was in my late teens and early 20s, and I definitely didn’t look anywhere near as thin as she does now. I guess people carry weight differently

Reactions: 2
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't her 40 kg squat weights and the comment about squatting almost her bodyweight two separate things? She hasn't been documenting her full workouts or showing everything she's lifting, so the 40 kg squat could've been from any point of her workout and she might have added weight for her next set or sets that weren't shown.

So I wouldn't really speculate much based on that comment.

Reactions: 4

Thats interesting. Sorry to hear you've had anorexia too :( Its an awful illness. It's a good point about the euphoria of weight loss..shes probably running on that atm but will crash inevitably. Theres no way her BMI is 17.. mine is currently 15ish and I look alot bigger (and I'm sure this isnt my skewed body image!)

Thats interesting. Sorry to hear you've had anorexia too :( Its an awful illness. It's a good point about the euphoria of weight loss..shes probably running on that atm but will crash inevitably. Theres no way her BMI is 17.. mine is currently 15ish and I look alot bigger (and I'm sure this isnt my skewed body image!)
i was around 8 stone at my lowest and at 5ft10 I looked awful but even then I don’t remember my shoulders sticking out as much as Emily! It could just be me not realising how sick I looked at the time tho… I’m around ten stone now and fit into a size 8 easily so if she is that tall and less than 8 stone she must be absolutely tiny 😕 Regardless of her bmi/weight she’s clearly struggling and annoying as she is I’ve been there and wouldn’t wish it on anyone

BMI isn't really an accurate representation of health so it honestly doesn't matter much. She's very obviously lost a lot of weight quite drastically which is more concerning than her actual weight. You can be overweight and still have an ED (not that she is obviously). Its more her eating behaviours, lying about the weight loss and the drastic changes in her and her body that are concerning!

Reactions: 15
i was around 8 stone at my lowest and at 5ft10 I looked awful but even then I don’t remember my shoulders sticking out as much as Emily! It could just be me not realising how sick I looked at the time tho… I’m around ten stone now and fit into a size 8 easily so if she is that tall and less than 8 stone she must be absolutely tiny 😕 Regardless of her bmi/weight she’s clearly struggling and annoying as she is I’ve been there and wouldn’t wish it on anyone
Alot of it is body structure too though I think when it comes to sizes. For example, I'm 5'8 and at my lowest was 6 stone 10 yet still was size 8 in Jean's because my hips are just wide..no amount of weight loss can change that!

BMI isn't really an accurate representation of health so it honestly doesn't matter much. She's very obviously lost a lot of weight quite drastically which is more concerning than her actual weight. You can be overweight and still have an ED (not that she is obviously). Its more her eating behaviours, lying about the weight loss and the drastic changes in her and her body that are concerning!
Yeh definetly.. Its unhelpful really to be discussing the ins and outs of BMI.. sorry, my ED is taking control there!

Reactions: 9
i had a BMI of 18 when I was in my late teens and early 20s, and I definitely didn’t look anywhere near as thin as she does now. I guess people carry weight differently
Yeh definetly.. Its unhelpful really to be discussing the ins and outs of BMI.. sorry, my ED is taking control there!
Very true guys, it wasn't helpful to discuss BMI etc.. my ED was taking control too! Conversations like this make it run wild!

I bet she will post a vlog sooner about that horse riding gift than the big news :rolleyes::D Sorry guys, still can't talk about it, it's just life and not that deep, but also it's huge news and can't wait to tell you in the next vlog I promise.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Horse riding in shorts... mistake!

You don't need to buy jodhpurs but a pair of leggings - sorry lulu's! as Emily can't wear normally priced leggings - Would have been a better idea for her poor legs...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
So the experience was from dream works? Do we think she’s be given some voice over roll? Or presenting on a red carpet?

Reactions: 5
Whatever it is will most likely seem anticlimactic now. 😴 she should’ve just said it at the time. This isn’t reality TV guys!!! (But you’ll have to wait for the next juicy instalment) ✌🏻😗

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
guessing her weight is not helpful , she probably reads here. If she is struggling with an ED and weighed less then some of the comments said it might fuel her ED. I use to be anorexic and when anyone tried to guess my weight and said it was higher, I’d be so triggered 😩. Emily clearly knows her followers are worried, but I also feels she plays up to it too (just my thought). I hope my comment does not sound rude to those that were speculating her weight, I just wanted to share from an experience of someone who suffered with an ED xx

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.