Emily Canham #11 We are actually just worried about her health

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forgive my lack of knowledge but what does this actually mean? She has that in the bank or it’s within the business in assets?
The vast majority of it is indeed cold hard cash in her business account! All her money from sponsors, AdSense, affiliate links etc.

Reactions: 6
Could take it out of the company she has created (emilyvic) to pay less tax than she would were it in the bank, and less tax than were she earning as a person rather than a company who was paying tax as a p.a.u.e individual.

Reactions: 1
The vast majority of it is indeed cold hard cash in her business account! All her money from sponsors, AdSense, affiliate links etc.
Wow I mean that is a lot of money to have in the bank but yes compare to other influencers I can’t imagine that’s very much in the scale of things.
But then I suppose if all your clothes, makeup, everything is gifted then you don’t need much cash anyway lol

Reactions: 3
Although it feels like all she does is sponsored content, I feel like it could be the case because she doesn't post much in general unless it’s sponsored? she has like 10 companies which she constantly promotes but other than that it’s pretty limited in new things she does ads for?

Wow, can you imagine having that much money. The average person won't have that in their lifetime, nevermind mid-twenties 😮

Reactions: 6
Her accounts for last year are up. Whilst over £340k is more than I have in the bank (lol), the likes of Saffron and Ana really do have close to 1 mill in their companies. It does surprise me as she actually pulls some big sponsors like OralB, Pandora and Samsung as opposed to the Function of Beauty, random phone apps, skillshare bullshit that the other two do, but they are really raking it in.

View attachment 650143
£340,665 Just shows the retained profits in the company. £421,970 is what she has in the bank. The £340,665 is money the shareholders can take out of the company if they wish, this doesn't show the true profitability of the company as this figure is after any dividends and salary has been drawn from the company, for all we know she could have taken tonnes out before this.

£340,665 Just shows the retained profits in the company. £421,970 is what she has in the bank. The £340,665 is money the shareholders can take out of the company if they wish, this doesn't show the true profitability of the company as this figure is after any dividends and salary has been drawn from the company, for all we know she could have taken tonnes out before this.
Also looking at her accounts, the shareholders funds have increased by £179,742 in the past year. This means she has made a net profit after tax of at least £179,742. This is again stated after any dividends or salary will have been drawn which of course there will have been some taken!! She's doing pretty well by the looks of things

Last edited:
Reactions: 12

Also looking at her accounts, the shareholders funds have increased by £179,742 in the past year. This means she has made a net profit after tax of at least £179,742. This is again stated after any dividends or salary will have been drawn which of course there will have been some taken!! She's doing pretty well by the looks of things
forgive my ignorance but why wouldn’t the dividend show on the accounts? On anastasia Kingsnorth you can see that she paid herself £90k so just wondering why Emily’s would be different or is it a choice to disclose or not?

forgive my ignorance but why wouldn’t the dividend show on the accounts? On anastasia Kingsnorth you can see that she paid herself £90k so just wondering why Emily’s would be different or is it a choice to disclose or not?
I think if you go to the next page of the accounts it says £90k too but on other ones I’ve seen it specifically states the directors pay amount

I think if you go to the next page of the accounts it says £90k too but on other ones I’ve seen it specifically states the directors pay amount
could she not be paying herself dividends so it won’t show on public account and instead be an ‘employee’ with a low salary for tax purposes?

where I used to work one of the shareholders didn’t take dividends like the other two did. Instead he took a low salary from each business (the were 3) so he could get away with paying less tax.

Reactions: 2
could she not be paying herself dividends so it won’t show on public account and instead be an ‘employee’ with a low salary for tax purposes?

where I used to work one of the shareholders didn’t take dividends like the other two did. Instead he took a low salary from each business (the were 3) so he could get away with paying less tax.
Theoretically she could. However that just means that the profit in the business account would be taxed at a higher rate. It’s smarter to use the money to buy stuff as a right off (like the £20K she reported in computer equipment) or to take it as dividends as they’re actually taxed lower than salaries or business tax.

Theoretically she could. However that just means that the profit in the business account would be taxed at a higher rate. It’s smarter to use the money to buy stuff as a right off (like the £20K she reported in computer equipment) or to take it as dividends as they’re actually taxed lower than salaries or business tax.
I never really understand these company accounts things but I’m nosey ahah!

Her accounts from last year said that she had retained earnings of over £160k, is that what she took out for a salary? These influencers definitely earn more than we think they do!!

Reactions: 2
It's not ignorance at all! I'm just an accountant so it's my job to know these things! Her company is prepared under FRS102 Section 1A for small companies meaning that directors remuneration only needs to be disclosed in the accounts if it is comprises material transactions not conducted under normal market conditions. A salary and dividend drawn by manager owned businesses will be deemed to be a normal market transaction and as such does not need to be disclosed.

I can't comment on Anastasia's as I haven't seen her accounts, either she prepares her accounts under full FRS102 for medium sized companies because of the size of the company or her accountant is unaware of the loophole to not disclose dividends :)

I never really understand these company accounts things but I’m nosey ahah!

Her accounts from last year said that she had retained earnings of over £160k, is that what she took out for a salary? These influencers definitely earn more than we think they do!!
Retained earnings are the profits left in the business that have not been taken out of the company. For example say she made £300K profit last year but took out £140K of that as dividends this left £160K as retained earnings to carry forward to this year.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Some pretty bizarre comments on her missguided haul
View attachment 649433
View attachment 649435
View attachment 649437
There's a surprising amount of comments from men, like more than you'd expect on your regular fashion haul. I wonder if some commenters are bots or something
I don’t know if any of you know who Annie madgett is but I’ve always noticed her fashion content gets mostly men commenting. Particularly the YouTube hauls that involve bikinis :sick:

She’s posted the vlog and still didn’t give the news. She said she’s waiting for her team in US to confirm

she also talked about her weight loss and whoever said she was going to say it’s cause she put on weight lost it and going to gym etc called it

Reactions: 11
Not a big poster on here but her YouTube came up again and not watched for ages but definitely noticed her weight loss :(

Is it just me or is she trying to eat more in this vlog after she talked about her weight loss being due to more activity

Reactions: 7
She’s posted the vlog and still didn’t give the news. She said she’s waiting for her team in US to confirm

she also talked about her weight loss and whoever said she was going to say it’s cause she put on weight lost it and going to gym etc called it
Yeah but, she was a healthy weight before even with the slight weight gain last year. Surely no one around her can say she looks healthier! I call BS.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.