Emily Canham #11 We are actually just worried about her health

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry completely off topic but does anyone know what Jake does for work nowadays? He hasn’t posted in months

Sorry completely off topic but does anyone know what Jake does for work nowadays? He hasn’t posted in months
I think he said in previous videos that he runs quite a few sports pages on Facebook and stuff. I would assume that’s his main income 🤔

Reactions: 4
Not entirely off topic, but did any of you see photos of the late Nikki Grahame before she sadly passed? She gave her consent for them to be posted. IMO Emily is heading that way.

But here’s a big problem…my sister is a GP. She tells me how frustrating it is to manage adults with ED. She tries her best but many of them really need more intensive care yet every single referral is rejected. She know what her patients need but she can’t help. I’m a children’s doctor, and we are a lot more open to referrals obviously but we can also hit a brick wall with the child mental health services. Private help is honestly the ‘best’ way for those who can afford it.

I’ve suffered from bulimia since I was 19. I have been through a lot of therapy, always thinking I’ve made it, I’m in glorious recovery, but I always find myself back in the bad place. It’s not just an unhealthy relationship with food, it’s an obsession with food and a deep, deep disdain for yourself. At my worst I feel like I’m worth nothing purely because of what the scale has said that morning or because I ate when I put myself on a fast. Anyway, rambling but I couldn’t do it without the support of my family, I really hope that Emily has someone behind her…her mum works in mental health? Doing what?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Completely agree. Unfortunately being hospitalised for EDs is difficult but I wouldn’t say she’s far off.
She needs to be taken offline, it’s so triggering to see her looking like that. Let alone for young impressionable teens looking at her and thinking that’s what they should look like. Either her family or YouTube needs to deactivate her account till she’s better
Hey long time lurker here, I have just seen this comment and thought I would comment, although I am not a professional, I am a mental health nursing student and I have family in the mental health system who have been for for years. Currently in the NHS, there is crisis with accessing eating disorder treatment because of the pandemic, the criteria for an eating disorder unit bed is having a bmi of 13.5 or less. Also, the waiting list for outpatient eating disorder treatment is off the scale so unfortunately unless Emily or her parents' access private treatment it is unlikely she will get given professional help, especially as her lifestyle or ability to do day to day tasks does not appear to be significantly affected by her " eating disorder". It is up to Emily now to take responsibility for her actions and with her job being an influencer, taking time off is something that she should have already done.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Hey long time lurker here, I have just seen this comment and thought I would comment, although I am not a professional, I am a mental health nursing student and I have family in the mental health system who have been for for years. Currently in the NHS, there is crisis with accessing eating disorder treatment because of the pandemic, the criteria for an eating disorder unit bed is having a bmi of 13.5 or less. Also, the waiting list for outpatient eating disorder treatment is off the scale so unfortunately unless Emily or her parents' access private treatment it is unlikely she will get given professional help, especially as her lifestyle or ability to do day to day tasks does not appear to be significantly affected by her " eating disorder". It is up to Emily now to take responsibility for her actions and with her job being an influencer, taking time off is something that she should have already done.
I believe that Emily could probably afford private treatment, but that would mean her wanting treatment. I don’t think her parents could afford to put her somewhere so she’d be paying for herself which is never going to happen unless she WANTS it.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Hmm, I don’t really see James being the type to have multiple girls on the go. I mean, I hate to be cruel, but he’s not good looking and he just looks like he stinks!
It's amazing the lure a musical can have... all his gfs have been younger (easier to manipulate) attractive and accomplished in their field.

• Haha
I think she's probably bought a house, I honestly can't believe the difference in her from 2 years ago (even a year ago tbh) to now, she was stunning, she looks so ill now. I think the best thing for her is to go offline until she has recovered but unfortunately I don't think that will happen as she makes all her money on social media and has nothing else she can do really, she certainly won't want to go get a "normal" job. I'm trying my best to really limit her content now because I really don't want it affecting me tbh. I can see how people feel so triggered.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Omg she looks like a skeleton!!!!!!! Her mum would be irresponsible to not get her into a clinic. I can imagine Emily sweet talks her and says she's fine etc. I see through it

She honestly looks awful I only watched her a few weeks ago and it's getting drastic. I can see this getting very bad.

She definitely ate that chicken sandwhich and brought it back up again. You don't look like a stick and eat that. She's influencing young young girls this is wrong!!!!!

Last edited:
Isn’t it crazy how most women gain weight as a sign that they’re in a healthy, happy relationship? Sorry if I’m stereotyping here but this is true for myself and many other women I know. Just something to think about…

Reactions: 21
Isn’t it crazy how most women gain weight as a sign that they’re in a healthy, happy relationship? Sorry if I’m stereotyping here but this is true for myself and many other women I know. Just something to think about…
It really speaks volumes eh?!

Reactions: 7
She’s 100% deleting comments that mention her weight loss on videos. I noticed some earlier that have now disappeared.

Reactions: 9
She’s 100% deleting comments that mention her weight loss on videos. I noticed some earlier that have now disappeared.
Yeah she definitely is as I just watched the misguided haul yesterday and there were lots of concerned comments - now there are none. If its not an ED why would she not just respond and say why she has lost such a sudden amount of weight. Everyone who has had an ED or any sort of addicition knows the hardest part is to actually admit you have a problem... sounds like she is in total denial. Even if she were 'fine', if she can't acknowledge she is severely underweight then I'm sorry Em but you are most definitely not fine.

Reactions: 7
I really really hope Emily gets the help she so clearly needs before it’s too late😞
Also saw this comment on her channel which I thought was interesting?
I mean I hope she does say something. Obviously there are other reasons why people lose a lot of weight that are not ED related, so it would certainly put everyone’s mind at ease if she does address it. However I’m not sure how likely it is that she will… (Plus I kinda feel like that was just her being defensive about it).

Reactions: 8
I mean I hope she does say something. Obviously there are other reasons why people lose a lot of weight that are not ED related, so it would certainly put everyone’s mind at ease if she does address it. However I’m not sure how likely it is that she will… (Plus I kinda feel like that was just her being defensive about it).
She will only say something like it's her new healthy lifestyle or she is home, not eating out that much or lifestyle change or something like that. If she was sick she wouldn't show her body like that and bodycheck all the time.

She will only say something like it's her new healthy lifestyle or she is home, not eating out that much or lifestyle change or something like that. If she was sick she wouldn't show her body like that and bodycheck all the time.
+ that she gained 5 pounds during lockdown which she had to lose and that she’s been exercising a ton 🙄 we see straight through you Em

Reactions: 3
Yeah definitely think she’ll say that.
If she was unwell or taking medication that caused her to lose that much weight I’m sure she would’ve addressed it by now as she’d loveee the attention/sympathy.

Reactions: 2
I noticed there were a lot of comments about her health on the new video, I was beginning to think people were oblivious to her.

I don’t even suffer with food problems or have any history of ED but it was uncomfortable seeing her in the new video, especially at the start in the white vest so I had to turn it off. If I felt like that I can’t imagine what it’s like if you are triggered by it.

He big secret that she’s on about everyone is guessing in the comments. One person asked if she was moving to LA and she just replied that she’d like to live in the Caribbean. Huh?

Lots of people seem to think she’ll be going on strictly come dancing. No offence to Emily but that seems a bit random, she has never expressed any desire to dance, she seems like the kind of person who would be super awkward and embarrassed dancing in front of people.

Also she replied to someone saying she isn’t ‘allowed’ to announce whatever it is until today. So if she’s not allowed does that mean it’s something with a company or another person and not just her like buying a house?

Reactions: 8
He big secret that she’s on about everyone is guessing in the comments. One person asked if she was moving to LA and she just replied that she’d like to live in the Caribbean. Huh?

Lots of people seem to think she’ll be going on strictly come dancing. No offence to Emily but that seems a bit random, she has never expressed any desire to dance, she seems like the kind of person who would be super awkward and embarrassed dancing in front of people.

Also she replied to someone saying she isn’t ‘allowed’ to announce whatever it is until today. So if she’s not allowed does that mean it’s something with a company or another person and not just her like buying a house?
When has she ever mentioned wanting to live in the Caribbean?!? 😂

I’m guessing it’s a designer brand deal or reality tv show and that’s why she can’t announce it yet.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.