Emily Canham #10 Abs are fake, boyfriend’s a flake, are her subscribers even awake?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think you ever see her calves the part she is most unhappy about.
She's never liked her calves as she's always wanted to portray herself as this bony, Kendal Jenner runway model-esque type girl is, however her legs are not conventionally 'skinny'. Yeah, they're skinny but she's always been triggered because no matter how much weight she loses, she can't escape... genetics lol.

Reactions: 4
She doesn’t even have massive legs? She’s got slender legs she often gets them out to show how tall she is, she regularly has her legs out?
I don't think they are big, I wish I had her legs.
Just speculating on what could possibly make her think she needs to lose weight.

Reactions: 1
I’ll give you my theory, it started as a control element, she developed it after James has left her hanging multiple times and wants someone to come in and just help her. She also has serious mental health issues and material Emily isn’t ever going to be happy if she doesn’t address these

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I’m actually starting to feel bad, in the first lockdown people were saying on here she was too skinny and I refuted it. Said there’s no way she’s a size 6, look at her legs etc. I feel so guilty, what if she read that and it was part of her falling into an ED?! :(

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m actually starting to feel bad, in the first lockdown people were saying on here she was too skinny and I refuted it. Said there’s no way she’s a size 6, look at her legs etc. I feel so guilty, what if she read that and it was part of her falling into an ED?! :(
No one is to feel guilty for Emily, she is an adult, she has a family, she is in control, if you posted on her instagram or YouTube then okay maybe she might have read it but she would actively seek this out, and if you had broke tattle rules you’d have got a warning. If anything here is a place which has articulated why everyone is seriously concerned for Emily

Reactions: 16
I think something like that too. I think she has had a poor relationship with food for a number of years and probably circled around an eating disorder for a while. There’s always been talk on here about her WIEIAD videos and how she just picks at food in mukbangs, but it’s gotten worse over the years and escalated quite a lot since the end of last summer.

Reactions: 8
Anyone think leah and jakes relationship might have something to do with it.. leah is really confident and happy go lucky

Reactions: 5
I’m certain her relationship with her boyfriend is toxic and she down know whether she is coming or going with him. He seems so arrogant and tbh a little creepy and I think she can do so much better! Her weight loss looks like it’s down to stress and heartbreak.

Reactions: 13
Wow but the side by side of her arms now and a year ago that @piggypig posted REALLY highlights how much weight she’s lost and is in the full grip of an ED there is no way anyone can dispute it after looking at that.

I don’t know a thorough amount about EDs but is it always about control? I know none of us know about her life really but I can’t help but agree that it might have come from the fact that James just fucked off for 8 months and and she doesn’t know where to settle. If it is that, that is genuinely really sad and no one deserves that. I hope her parents are stepping in because if we can see it, they surely can? I just have this feeling like no one is saying anything to her?? Surely Lucy Flight would’ve? She’s had an ED herself and been very open. If James has not mentioned it then that’s ridiculous. Either he hasnt noticed for he doesn’t care. Either way that’s bizarre behaviour from a boyfriend.

I thought Emily’s comments on Instagram about it were quite telling - saying there’s lots of reasons why someone might lose weight kind of implies that it’s not something that’s been done deliberately… I mean you all know that I don’t particularly like the girl but to see her this way is really sad. 😔

Reactions: 7
I’ll give you my theory, it started as a control element, she developed it after James has left her hanging multiple times and wants someone to come in and just help her. She also has serious mental health issues and material Emily isn’t ever going to be happy if she doesn’t address these
This is what I think too, I think she was kind of using it as like a weapon to try to get attention from her boyfriend who is less than interested and it hasn't worked so it continued and now it's just gone too far. The difference in her from a year ago to now is just so sad. I don't like the girl at all but I think about her daily atm hoping someone is helping her. She needs to get off social media and get some serious help but she is too driven by money I think and it will keep getting worse until it escalates to the point that someone (hopefully her parents) will step in and try to help.

Reactions: 2
I don’t know a thorough amount about EDs but is it always about control?
no it’s not always about control, it can also be things such as body dismorphia causing it where someone sees themselves as bigger than they are so think they need to lose weight. It can also be a trauma response. It can also be caused by a chemical imbalance which can cause other mental health problems as well such as depression and anxiety.

There’s lots of reasons why someone can end up with an eating disorder. I can see why people could think for Emily it’s about the control but really it’s hard to know.

I’d argue that body dismorphia could play a large roll as she’d often when doing hauls pull out an item and go that looks huge then she’d put it on and it would fit her perfectly. Or whenever she’d have to get something in a size up waist she’d regularly make comments about how that’s not her size and she’s always the smaller size waist.

Reactions: 5
This is what I think too, I think she was kind of using it as like a weapon to try to get attention from her boyfriend who is less than interested and it hasn't worked so it continued and now it's just gone too far. The difference in her from a year ago to now is just so sad. I don't like the girl at all but I think about her daily atm hoping someone is helping her. She needs to get off social media and get some serious help but she is too driven by money I think and it will keep getting worse until it escalates to the point that someone (hopefully her parents) will step in and try to help.
I don’t often comment but this really rubbed me the wrong way. Saying she used it as a weapon is absolutely unfair and comes from a place of disliking her.
Eating disorders are hugely complex, I don’t think trying to upset or get attention from somebody would push weight loss to this extent. Whilst you’re somewhat aware of what you’re doing in terms of your weight, you aren’t aware of how it impacts others. This is something internal to Emily and isn’t to serve others. What we don’t know is if this was triggered by something somebody else has done or said - that is realistically the only external factor that would cause an eating disorder.

It is really sad to see her like this, just look at what happened to Nikki Grahame only a few months ago - it’s frightening. Like someone else said, unfortunately these comments will only be fuelling the fire so I wonder if we weren’t posting this if it would make any difference at all? But obviously it hard not to talk about it when the change is so drastic. I do hope she gets help, it’s so sad.

Reactions: 12
We've been talking about Emily's weight loss a lot and speculating that she has an ED, so maybe the first post or title on the next thread should have a trigger warning for people with EDs x

Last edited:
Reactions: 36
So skinny, I want to cry for her and give her a hug, tell her that whatever she’s struggling with, it will all be okay.

It’s getting more and more noticeable now, so hopefully someone close to her can actually start to help if they’re not already. She won’t get better until she admits that she’s struggling though.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I’m guessing she has a problem with purging by the sound of her voice lately, especially in the last insta story 💔

Reactions: 6
I don’t often comment but this really rubbed me the wrong way. Saying she used it as a weapon is absolutely unfair and comes from a place of disliking her.
Eating disorders are hugely complex, I don’t think trying to upset or get attention from somebody would push weight loss to this extent. Whilst you’re somewhat aware of what you’re doing in terms of your weight, you aren’t aware of how it impacts others. This is something internal to Emily and isn’t to serve others. What we don’t know is if this was triggered by something somebody else has done or said - that is realistically the only external factor that would cause an eating disorder.
I've suffered from ED's myself in the past and I do understand they are hugely complex, if you scroll back and read all my comments you will see that, and you shouldn't take an add on from what I've said overall out of context, of course you're entitled to your opinion and I'm sorry if I upset you, I think I just didn't word what I was trying to say very well

Reactions: 2
The scary thing about someone having an eating disorder online is it’s another fuel for it. You have people saying their worried about her weight loss which can propel the disorder and people saying she looks amazing which can make her believe there’s nothing wrong.
Also she’s doing what I eat in a day videos ect. Also feeding the obsession around food and when your clearly unhealthy it’s not good for people to be consuming that content from you.
When she’s living with her family I can’t see that conversations haven’t taken place and she doesn’t know she’s ill.

Reading the way she responds to when anyone says anything she’s very like ‘it’s non of your business, that’s not what my channel is about’ kind of attitude which when you’ve got thousands of followers is such an insensitive way to respond

Since she lost all the weight her disturbing elf ears are more noticeable than ever

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.