Emily Canham #10 Abs are fake, boyfriend’s a flake, are her subscribers even awake?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just caught up with this thread and I have to say, the girl is looking scarily unhealthy and just ill. It bothers me that her mother is making comments that do quite literally fuel the ED on camera, regardless of what she is saying to Emily off camera, it is disgraceful. Anyone suffering from an ED watching these videos hearing her mum say how good it looks, sorry but that is irresponsible and with her line of work she should know better.

There seems to be many ED or past ED sufferers within this thread, i'm one of them and while I am OK now and don't find myself being triggered (it's been many years and lots of work to get to this place) it really really bothers me that content like this is out there for teenage girls. I know myself as a teenage girl would be watching Emily and wondering why don't I look like that, why can she eat all that pizza and still be so thin. The fact is she is not eating that way she is going out of her way to make it look like she eats these things but stays SO THIN. it is bollocks, absolute pure bollocks and anyone reading this who finds themselves being triggered by Emily, please remember that she is an absolute fake and is only concerned about the image she shows to the outside world. She has no personality, no life, her boyfriend is an absolute bum who isn't even interested in her. I'm not saying this to bash Emily I'm saying it because she is NOT GOALS despite the fact she works SO hard to portray that she is.

I really hope she gets help for herself and also because of all the people out there who will be triggered by her, for their sakes too. If you look at her she has slowly been getting thinner and thinner over the last year and a bit and I just worry where she will be in another 6 months if changes are not made.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Off current topic but honestly I just really can’t fathom how her and James are not in the same place 😅 if I hadn’t seen my boyfriend for 8+ months, we would be inseparable as soon as we were allowed to see each other, especially so if I was living with my parent and he had his own house in such a beautiful place as Cornwall!

I do think their relationship plays a huge part in her current downward trajectory with her health, both mental and physical, though.
As much as she likes to play this cool girl, laid back role, we‘be all seen and know how she acts and likes to be treated with and by her previous partners and this sure as hell aint it!
I don’t think Cornwall house is solely his, I believe it’s his parents too - they bought it in 1998 way way way before Busted so impossible and probably Emily’s birth hahahahaha but his whole family use it which is why I thought it was weird that she was doing a makeover in of the rooms that wasn’t James’ and probably one of his siblings!

I would also be desperate to see my other half after a month so it’s weird at the same time they’re both living with parents so... kinda not so appealing! But id deal with that over not ever seeing him!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Off current topic but honestly I just really can’t fathom how her and James are not in the same place 😅 if I hadn’t seen my boyfriend for 8+ months, we would be inseparable as soon as we were allowed to see each other, especially so if I was living with my parent and he had his own house in such a beautiful place as Cornwall!

I do think their relationship plays a huge part in her current downward trajectory with her health, both mental and physical, though.
As much as she likes to play this cool girl, laid back role, we‘be all seen and know how she acts and likes to be treated with and by her previous partners and this sure as hell aint it!
I think she’s seen him because on Instagram he posted wearing an essentials hoody and then in that we’re going Norfolk video she was banging on about wearing it, I bet she’s has driven to Essex or where ever he asks and let’s face it we know they were in London together because of that tagged photo. Emily wants people to keep engaging with her content rather than say oh yeah James (because she doesn’t even name him) came round last week etc

Reactions: 1
8FD384BB-3782-48C9-BEC3-73A6EC06018E.jpeg

Homeboy looks like he’s really going through it 😳

I agree with a previous poster - why aren’t they spending more time together? I know she is seeing him since we have evidence of it, but they don’t seem to be spending any prolonged time together? Maybe she doesn’t need to since she got a Chanel out of him. Her work here is done.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Let’s just assume the Canham’s don’t read this thread. Do you think her parents know how much potential harm she’s doing to some vulnerable viewers? How do we collectively and sympathetically express our concerns to her mum? At the very least she could encourage Emily to not do WIEIAD videos.
This is an opportunity for us to do some good for Emily’s sake and to save her viewers from a future ED.

Reactions: 4
Let’s just assume the Canham’s don’t read this thread. Do you think her parents know how much potential harm she’s doing to some vulnerable viewers? How do we collectively and sympathetically express our concerns to her mum? At the very least she could encourage Emily to not do WIEIAD videos.
This is an opportunity for us to do some good for Emily’s sake and to save her viewers from a future ED.
I feel like this would be taken completely the wrong way and they would see it as a ‘troll attack’. You’re right, her mum probably doesn’t know the full extent of what Emily is putting out there I doubt she watches the vlogs

Reactions: 8
As an influencer, Emily has taken on the responsibility of being a role model to her subscribers. And yes, that includes being mindful of triggers. I know it's not the 'done thing' but she literally IS responsible for other peoples triggers, it's part of the job. It's like me giving out highly confidential service users info just because I'm not responsible for their triggers and other people just shouldn't look (I volunteer for an addiction charity, same thing, different substance) It's no good saying something like 'oh, don't watch this video if you're triggered' because you're alienating your audience away from you, how about just don't make that type of content to begin with?

Reactions: 11
I’ve been catching up on this thread and I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has shown support for the fellow ED sufferers on here. I for one, hugely appreciate it as it makes you feel so much less alone!
I agree with a previous post that as an influencer she has a responsibility to make sure her content isn’t detrimental to her audience. I work in law and we have a duty of care to our clients, and while she works in a different industry which lacks proper regulations (IMO), I think a responsible influencer should consider their duty of care and it’s not okay for a 24 year old to be putting her very disordered eating habits on the internet for young girls to replicate.
Also! I get sooo annoyed when she says “oh these are going to be in my wardrobe forever”... Hun, we all know this isn’t your natural body weight and as someone who wants kids, it’s so unlikely you’ll fit in the majority of these clothes in 10 years time!! (This is something I’m currently trying to wrap my head around personally too, as my ED brain is all over this insecurity). Okay, rant over, sorry 😂

Reactions: 11
We are literally getting no where, it’s like an endless circle. She’s getting more and more unhealthy day by day and all her viewers and “fans” (god help them) are bigging her up telling her how gorgeous she is and it’s a shame really because they are trying to be nice but it really is fuel to the fire sadly.

Reactions: 5
It's so weird that she uploaded another What I Eat in a Day just two months after her previous controversial one with all the negative comments 😶 It's almost like she's doubling down & trying to garner enablers of her behavior

Reactions: 7
It's so weird that she uploaded another What I Eat in a Day just two months after her previous controversial one with all the negative comments 😶 It's almost like she's doubling down & trying to garner enablers of her behavior
It’s like she enjoys getting not told off but criticised for her weight if that makes sense

I think she’s seen him because on Instagram he posted wearing an essentials hoody and then in that we’re going Norfolk video she was banging on about wearing it, I bet she’s has driven to Essex or where ever he asks and let’s face it we know they were in London together because of that tagged photo. Emily wants people to keep engaging with her content rather than say oh yeah James (because she doesn’t even name him) came round last week etc
Oh I don’t doubt that they’ve *seen* each other but more baffled by the fact they clearly haven’t spent any substantial amount of time together like they did last year. Not seemingly more than a day or two anyway!

It’s like she enjoys getting not told off but criticised for her weight if that makes sense
Was gonna say the same, sometimes attention, negative or positive, has the same desired effect on people.
When a dog barks you’re told to ignore it, to get it to stop. Shouting at it will only make it bark more so she 100% just thrives on any attention those videos get

Oh I don’t doubt that they’ve *seen* each other but more baffled by the fact they clearly haven’t spent any substantial amount of time together like they did last year. Not seemingly more than a day or two anyway!
This tells us everything we need to know. He only lived with her for four months in Cornwall because he *had* to. They were stuck there together. The very DAY restrictions were eased she was sent packing. They were then apart for almost a whole year and they could stay together for a bit - either in Cornwall or Southend or an Airbnb in London but they’re not. Why? Because nothing is forcing him to.

Reactions: 9
This tells us everything we need to know. He only lived with her for four months in Cornwall because he *had* to. They were stuck there together. The very DAY restrictions were eased she was sent packing. They were then apart for almost a whole year and they could stay together for a bit - either in Cornwall or Southend or an Airbnb in London but they’re not. Why? Because nothing is forcing him to.
Or even James flat in London that he owns, why not kick the renters out and have Emily live there? I found it so bizarre that she was renting in London and he was living there when in the U.K. yet he owns a flat in London. What a waste of her money!

• Wow
Or even James flat in London that he owns, why not kick the renters out and have Emily live there? I found it so bizarre that she was renting in London and he was living there when in the U.K. yet he owns a flat in London. What a waste of her money!
Because they’re stable income plus depending on how closely they follow the law, due to covid individuals were given more time when they were being evicted/being asked to leave

She is tiny. Having her shorts taken in and her mum saying the seamstress did a good job.... nooooooo I can’t believe it. She looks so ill
The ßhorts was a bit iot a strange one, I just watched it and age stated she bought them in a smaller size but they weren't right so she bought a larger size for the taylor to adjust to her frame, and that one colour had more fabric that needed removing due to sloppy sizing.

She looked like she had been given the winning lottery ticket when putting them on and making eye contact with her reflection.

She also expected her viewers to believe she ate 2 big cookies, bao buns and a whole cheesey pizza. Hmmmm, sure hun. seems legit.

Reactions: 8
24ED9517-521F-453F-9F64-E85687796595.png
She’s all of a sudden posting about food to try and convince us she’s eating? From someone with an ed,I eat things high in protein to fill me up for longer so I don’t eat as much so is this what shes doing?

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Ikr Emily will say that it’s because they’re focusing on their careers but look around you and how many people stop their personal life to focus on their careers? It’s not like either of their careers are about to kick off 🤣 James will never be as successful as he was

Reactions: 6
View attachment 600419She’s all of a sudden posting about food to try and convince us she’s eating? From someone with an ed,I eat things high in protein to fill me up for longer so I don’t eat as much so is this what shes doing?
She likes protein in her diet to help her with her training / bar / plates. Like a Victoria Secrets Angel 😇

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.