Em Sheldon (emshelx)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, I didn't realise how far London is from York, almost 5 hours. I think you are correct about her freebies being sent there. She should just set up a PO box in London.
I guess with three people living in that flat in London, there isn’t room for all her freebies and tat!

She tweeted her new vlog four times in a row. What a bleeping bore. It is titled " BUYING A NEW HOUSE."

Recap:
- Em says she's going to tidy up her house
- Is going for lunch with a friend
- Has a gifted facial with someone who works with the royals but she isn't allowed to know who
- Posts about the clothes she has ordered online. All hideous. There's a pile of clothes and she says "that's not a mess." Lol, she clearly reads here.

- So when she first mentions she is going for a facial, she has ad posted. But then she is talking about it after (4:01) and there is no ad marking. Shouldn't that bit be marked as an ad? In fact, the whole vlog is basically an ad for different brands.

- She does her makeup on the living room floor. Why? How weird.

- What is going on with her vlog? The editing is crap. She goes to a kickboxing class, then at 6:53, it shows her out having brunch and she's talking about something but then the clip cuts off and it switches to her getting breakfast from Pret.

- They go and view a house. I am sorry but I do not believe that she would be able to BUY a house in London. Not even Victoria from InTheFrow has bought a house in London and she probably earns more than Em.

Ok, I got halfway through her vlog to 10 mins but I couldn't bring myself to watch the rest. It is so shite and full of drivel. It mostly seems to consist of gifted fitness classes and ugly clothes.

Reactions: 1
Ok, I got halfway through her vlog to 10 mins but I couldn't bring myself to watch the rest. It is so shite and full of drivel. It mostly seems to consist of gifted fitness classes and ugly clothes.
That is her pointless life!

She also went out for a Sunday roast which she referred to as a "Yorkshire dinner"

• Haha
Same here Bubble I skipped through most of her vlog but wanted to be nosey haha. The Ad at the beginning for I Saw It First was a joke! All the clothes they had sent her were on a pile in her kitchen floor! Surely that’s not what the company wants? Hardly paints the clothes in a good light. But it’s typical Em making a bad and sloppy job of everything she does.

So she’s looking at houses again. But Matt is the sensible one who looks at practicality. So are they buying together or she buying alone because she’s made out in the past that she was buying alone so why does he get a say? More tall tales for Em I reckon. She is prob doing house viewings for click bait content, and hoping to get some interiors ad work.

Reactions: 2
I put her forward for the most boring and irritating human ever award. Her Twitter is spam, her stories are affiliate link shilling opportunities or her eating and her IG grid is just carb loading pictures. I don’t understand why anyone follows her. She is a twit. Give up and get an office job Em.

Her fake Leeds-trying-to-sound-posh accent is unbearable

She then comments on how 'common' her accent used to be. No, it was just normal

Saw this on the Alice Liveing thread... I bet I know who our anonymous lifestyle influencer is. She bloody loves having a whinge to the 'press' doesn't she! Funny isn't it. Em I think you're the saddo as your life consists of endless amounts of free tit, gifted events, even your washing tablets are gifted! You have no substance girl. You know NOTHING about me or my life. But I know loads about you because you choose to plaster it all over the internet!

For one lifestyle influencer in her twenties, who wishes to remain anonymous, gossip sites have proved devastating.

‘I found Guru Gossip about four years ago – and got into a bad way reading it,' she says. 'But someone hacked the website and showed user names and emails and I saw that they were mostly bloggers who hadn’t ended up successful – which, honestly, did make it hurt less.’ (This tallies with a point from Cavangh on what pulls people to these sites: 'Celebrities and Instagram influencers have more power and status than most of us. Tearing them down to your social equals may feel a little like reasserting some of your own social power, making you feel less low status.')

The content of the comments is far-ranging. ‘On Tattle Life, I've been slated for my voice, what I wear. My family are criticised. It's every little thing. It feels like you’ve been physically abused and battered. Intellectually, I know these people are saddos, but it does take a couple of weeks to fully realise that.’

She also claims that certain site members have attempted to create IRL implications, reporting her to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) for alleged misconduct, with regards to paid-for posts. (A spokesperson for Tattle Life said that they cannot comment without being directed to the specific mentions in question.)

As to why she did read the forums, when she heard of them? ‘It’s human nature to read this stuff when someone tells you about it. But I don’t read them, anymore.’

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Saw this on the Alice Liveing thread... I bet I know who our anonymous lifestyle influencer is. She bloody loves having a whinge to the 'press' doesn't she! Funny isn't it. Em I think you're the saddo as your life consists of endless amounts of free tit, gifted events, even your washing tablets are gifted! You have no substance girl. You know NOTHING about me or my life. But I know loads about you because you choose to plaster it all over the internet!

For one lifestyle influencer in her twenties, who wishes to remain anonymous, gossip sites have proved devastating.

‘I found Guru Gossip about four years ago – and got into a bad way reading it,' she says. 'But someone hacked the website and showed user names and emails and I saw that they were mostly bloggers who hadn’t ended up successful – which, honestly, did make it hurt less.’ (This tallies with a point from Cavangh on what pulls people to these sites: 'Celebrities and Instagram influencers have more power and status than most of us. Tearing them down to your social equals may feel a little like reasserting some of your own social power, making you feel less low status.')

The content of the comments is far-ranging. ‘On Tattle Life, I've been slated for my voice, what I wear. My family are criticised. It's every little thing. It feels like you’ve been physically abused and battered. Intellectually, I know these people are saddos, but it does take a couple of weeks to fully realise that.’

She also claims that certain site members have attempted to create IRL implications, reporting her to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) for alleged misconduct, with regards to paid-for posts. (A spokesperson for Tattle Life said that they cannot comment without being directed to the specific mentions in question.)

As to why she did read the forums, when she heard of them? ‘It’s human nature to read this stuff when someone tells you about it. But I don’t read them, anymore.’
Sure you don't Em. We've only been slating your voice and your lazy brother in the last few weeks. Anyhoo back off to my saddo life

Reactions: 3
Sure you don't Em. We've only been slating your voice and your lazy brother in the last few weeks. Anyhoo back off to my saddo life
That is SO obviously her.

What is this monstrosity of an outfit? 😂

Em Sheldon

@emshelx

·
1h

In Leeds train station today they have so many armed police and a metal detector with signs up saying ‘knife crime reduction’ what a world we live in where this is necessary.

Welcome to the real world, Em.

Sorry but I am from the UK and now live in a country where police are armed 24/7 and it is something I fully support now. Within reason, body cams are a must and police should be having regular MH checks. But it makes me feel a lot safer. If something were to happen, such as a terrorist attack or a shooting, the police can react straight away if needed. Batons are going to do duck all.

Attachments

Last edited:
https://www.womenshealthmag.com/uk/health/mental-health/a29787347/tattle-life/

Here’s the link folks

What’s hilarious about all this is influencers were up in arms in Sept about Sali Hughes being discussed on here and how Tattle should be banned and users outed and now roll on Nov and we find influencer Clemmie has been joining in! There is bound to be tonnes of them amongst us. But now it’s been outed they are all backtracking and claiming mental health as an excuse for joining! Absolute BS.

influencers are joining in with the gossip and discussion because they agree with what people say on here about this bullshit industry. It makes Em running off to complain look laughable. Your own influencer ‘colleagues’ are on here. We could be influencers for all she knows having a good laugh at her orange tan and fake accent. What she’s going to do about it?! As for people making stuff up to the ASA, nah. Em love you broke the rules and need to own it like the bOsS bABe you keep pretending you are.

Last edited:
She really does like to play the victim doesn’t she? She puts herself out there and grabs all the freebies going from free food and dinners to house cleaning and everything else but doesn’t want to deal with the negatives that come with it. If you share your life online people will have an opinion, if you don’t like that stop sharing your life online.

She hasn’t been abused on here, what has happened is her cheap ugly clothing that she has been gifted and that she tries to make money out off from people buying has been called out. She is called out for advertising any and everything. She is called out for reading on here for content ideas and she is called out for doing her job badly and being lazy.

With regards to the ASA, it was quite simple. You broke the rules and you accepted that so stop whining about it. If you cannot follow simple rules it’s not the person reporting you who is at fault it’s you Tesco value Em. How much of a victim mentality do you have to have to try and blame someone else for YOU not following the rules. Also it’s a bit bloody rich for her to complain about IRL implications she has contacted people’s employers for a lot less! There have been comments on Twitter where she has tried to get people into trouble by contacting their employers to complain about them for leaving a comment she doesn’t like. I think that’s pretty nasty and petty. Trying to get someone fired shows what a nasty person you are. No one has contacted her brands to tell them about her ASA infringement but now I’m tempted....

Also it’s quite pathetic how they always claim that the people on here are sad, have something missing in their lives or aren’t as successful as them. I’m pretty sure most of the people on here are successful in life without needed free stuff. If all of Em’s gifted stuff stopped she wouldn’t have the lifestyle she has. All of us can sustain our lifestyles.

What is this monstrosity of an outfit? 😂
That is someone who has ZERO style and relies on freebies for her wardrobe.

I think this is what really gets to me. Is it a crime to comment on the world around you? Influencers are immensely proud of themselves for creating a new way of marketing for companies yet anyone that dares to discuss this, its impact on society and those who are younger are written off as saddos, unhappy, jealous etc. Its bloody frightening isn't it. I mean through history, people have stood up for what they believe is right and god knows where the world would be if they hadn't!! I mean if these narcissists were able to accept criticism about what they put out publicly, how they try to deceive publicly, then forums like this actually wouldn't exist. Again, if they stopped being so shady, begging for stuff etc there would be much less to comment on.

The whole mindset of wanting to get this place shut down because people disagree with you is frankly quite horrifying. Shutting down people who have views different to your own and who challenge your practises. I know you aren't that smart Em but you may want to go and read a history book about stuff like this. This applies to all influencers.

Without the constant stream of gifted events, cleaning, beauty, clothes etc people like Em would have nothing. Nothing to do all day. Even though they like to think that we are impoverished jealous cave dwellers, we are not! I own my own home (in London). I have a successful career. I pay for everything that I have worked hard for. I have friends, lots of them. I have children (SHOCK HORROR EM). And actually they are one of the reasons that I like to pay attention to these scumbags. Because I don't want my daughter growing up watching people bleat on about how they NEED a jumper. How obsessed they are with a facecream or fake tan. How autumn has rolled round again and all the jumper dresses and cosy teddy coats from last year need to be replaced with new tat. How they need to log on and fuel what is basically a shopping addiction. I need to shield her and teach her.

Rant over.

• Heart
Very good points Ron and Influenzer.

I hate how Em makes out people on here are saddos etc. It’s the ‘othering’ mechanism that is used to shut down debate. Because we are not singing their praises, our voices should be ignored and we can be called names. It’s a sneery disgusting attitude that says a lot about influencers: Of course Em would never understand the danger of this mentality as all she cares about is being allowed to shill without barriers. She’s pissed the ASA picked her up because the ASA is pretty bloody useless with out members of the public reporting breaches.

The other point i will make is I have nothing to hide. I would say to Em’s face what has been said on here and I would stand by my criticisms of the influencers industry and the damage it does.
I would love to see influencers debate some real life people and see if they can handle the feedback rather than hide behind their filtered screens blocking people.
And as for the mental gymnastics since Clemmie Hooper was outed on here, it’s hilarious that influencers are blaming the existence of tattle as the reason she joined?!! Bullshit. I’ve noticed many haven’t commented as it makes than look dumb that they hated on tattle yet influencers are clearly using it.

Everything that Rondoodle and Le chat said.

Influencers keep going on about wellbeing and mental health yet they contribute a lot to women feeling inadequate. Their lifestyles are all gifted and free and most didn’t know about that until the new rules on declaring adverts and gifted items came in. It was only then it became clear how much was free from haircuts to beauty treatments to dinners to vouchers to spend in stores. Until then women were getting into debt trying to keep up or feeling like they hadn’t achieved enough as they weren’t able to afford everything influencers had. Now it’s clear that most of what they have isn’t earned it is gifted. And they hate that level of transparency as it shows that their lifestyles are a sham. If we all only had to pay mortgages/rent and household bills we would all have designer wardrobes and guess what some of us pay for everything and still manage that! There is no jealousy on our parts, we just want their to be transparency especially as they have a young audience.Young girls need to know that it is hard work that pays off and having a career is they way forward not getting on the internet and begging for stuff.
And like Le chat I would happily say all this to Tesco value Em’s face. I would happily say it on her Insta and Twitter but it would only be deleted or blocked or worse she would try and get me sacked. If she wants to engage in an adult conversation we are here. Freedom of speech is not one way, if they want to be able to call those of us who disagree or don’t compliment them names we have the right to call out the shady practises and lies they peddle.

Reactions: 7
One of my main pet hates is her getting ubers everywhere when she lives in London and is prob 2 mins from a tube stop. And then sings her own praises on the rare occasion she opts for a cheaper mode of transport. What a way to show your viewers you have endless disposable cash. How must us poor peasants feel getting public transport everyday, usually to and from our 9-5 jobs??

I'm sure the new Ad rules have been a real opener to many. Essentially we are being sold a fake lifestyle. One that is only possible if you are very wealthy or if nothing has actually been paid for. Most people simply cannot be shopping for clothes on a weekly basis and to have this type of behaviour normalised only contributes to high levels of debt and/or poor mental health and feelings of inadequacy.

I would be happy to say all of this to any of their faces and see what they had to say. I would love a serious journalist or documentary maker to look into all of this. Its the begging that gets me. Like they don't already have enough tit they just want more and more and more. Not specific to Em. But she is one of the worst I think in terms of parading her gifted tat about.

I'm sure the new Ad rules have been a real opener to many. Essentially we are being sold a fake lifestyle. One that is only possible if you are very wealthy or if nothing has actually been paid for. Most people simply cannot be shopping for clothes on a weekly basis and to have this type of behaviour normalised only contributes to high levels of debt and/or poor mental health and feelings of inadequacy.

I would be happy to say all of this to any of their faces and see what they had to say. I would love a serious journalist or documentary maker to look into all of this. Its the begging that gets me. Like they don't already have enough tit they just want more and more and more. Not specific to Em. But she is one of the worst I think in terms of parading her gifted tat about.
I would love the BBC to put a real journalist up against cry baby Em on a debate around influencers. Her arguments would fall apart in seconds on proper scrutiny. That’s why they love to hide on Insta so they can block away. They also hate tattle because we notice all the tit like not disclosing properly. I do think Em is one of the worst influencers right now because it’s obvious that her blog, Insta and you tube have no real purpose other than to advertise tit. The savvy influencers have gone down specific routes like fashion or beauty or healthy living but Em has remained jack of all trades hence advertising everything from fibre cereal to chocolate. And even what she does advertise she does sloppily like piling her gifted clothes on a heap on the floor.
She’s so vapid, I feel sorry for her. She must get up every day scrabbling around for ideas for content because I see no substance to her life right now.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.