Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

koibeag

So she is wanting to drive to other places to go to restaurants? What a fucking idiot. How about she supports local, by BUYING (not getting gifted) takeout from restaurants?
there are a-few technicalities at play here but as I understand it...

She’s in London under tier 2 so she can only meet others outside their household while outdoors in groups no bigger than six, and cannot stay overnight somewhere if it means being inside with people outside their household or support bubble; for instance, staying with another family in a self-catering apartment or holiday cottage would not be allowed.

I assume the Leeds lot would be coming down...

epl000

VIP Member
I reckon she must be making LOADS this way. She posts so many links. Throw enough mud and some of it will stick! Plus now we can see that she posts her links all over the place even in private facebook groups.
Very true! She wouldn't bother with that if it wasn't effective.

openbook1

VIP Member
Em never used to be such a snob... I think it is 1. the influencer lifestyle and 2. I think her mum met someone with quite a bit of money. As it wasn't until the past two years or so Em started going on about "Rangies." She got a taste of luxury and now that is all she wants.

salbry

Can someone enlighten a dummy like me about how affiliate links actually work? So if I swipe up on someone's link to say ASOS and then buy something, I assume they get commission from anything I buy, not just the item I swiped up on. But what if I swipe up on a link to ASOS and then I swipe up on another one to ASOS, does the second swipe up cancel the first one out?!

In my industry, we have to disclose where there are ANY arrangements where commission may be earnt or we can get into a lot of trouble. It seems to be a huge grey area with influencers though so are making money without being fully transparent. Yes they disclose aff link (in white on a white background) but is this enough? Surely it should be crystal clear about how long the cookies last for etc. There are some influencers that I am happy to give commission from my sale too so if it is the case that the swipe ups cancel each other out I would rather go to someone I like and use their link if it will cancel out all others. Or just clear my cookies pre purchase!!!
Yes this is exactly how it works. The affiliate link places a cookie on your browser which can last anywhere from 24 hours to 30 days (depending on the brand) and any purchases you make from the website will give commission to the influencer with the affiliate link, even if you go back a few days later and purchase something different without using the original link.

I'm not sure how it works if you follow two different links to the same website, I would think the 'newer' cookie would overwrite the newer one but I can't be sure.

The best way to make sure you're not giving commission to any influencers without knowing it is to always clear your cookies of browsers and then follow the affiliate link of the influencer you want to support.

epl000

VIP Member
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense and is sort of what I thought happened, although the cookies thing seems well dodgy.

Presumably this is a lot cheaper than traditional forms of advertising too so you can see the attraction for brands.

I would love to know how many people actually use her links, surely its not that many as she gets so few likes on her posts?

Lechat

VIP Member
She really thinks EVERYONE gives a fuck about her when they don't. People have REAL life jobs and problems. They won't give a shit about Emma's pumpkin.
most people prob won’t even notice it or give a fuck. Never mind leap to an assumption there’s a child in their flat. Imagine thinking anyone cares!!

openbook1

VIP Member
What was also clear is that she didn’t really know or stick to the brief. The blurb said Em will be talking about ‘how to grow your business using social media and blogs’. But she didn’t say one thing about that. Like it’s meant to be practical advice for small businesses not the Em Shel show with commentary on how she wanted to be a sky sports presenter and plugging her Xmas gift guides.
What a disaster 😂

openbook1

VIP Member
I use purple shampoo sometimes and it's a nightmare to even get off the shower curtain. I bought a fairly expensive hair mask not long ago and it came with a free shower cap in the box, so it's likely she has one somewhere.
Yes, you also have to make sure it's rinsed properly as I've had it stain towels before.

openbook1

VIP Member
I do find it odd that her mum comments on posts about her flat saying it will all come together and renovation will be worth it. Does that mean that she tells her mother all these lies?? And the family dog stuff, does her mum not go... Em it’s not your dog you shouldn’t be pretending. Otherwise they are all complicit in the lies really
She seems extremely coddled. Her mother may have overcompensated since Em's dad isn't around and now she's a brat that never grew up.

Lechat

VIP Member
Thank fuck she’s home from that hotel. I think she’d milked every bit of content she could. bath, swimming pool, lying on the floor 🤣🤣 like honestly I can’t get that excited about a hotel room.
but I agree it was tone deaf. One night, tastefully done would have been ok. But the nonsense about needing a break when she’s the laziest sloppiest influencer going is a joke. Try a shift as a nurse in ICU then come back and talk about needing a break.

i know, imagine if making a significant alteration was as easy as Asking a neighbour! Think you’ll need PP....and that takes 8 weeks minimum. Plus as she’s in a flat possibly a third party agreement and consent from the freeholder. Is is really worth it for that poxy space?