Elle Florence #5 Granny Aesthetics, balancing unemployment and the art of scamming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No new videos from her? While employed she was churning out videos, you would think she has more time now.

Reactions: 9
Curious: anyone know which is the video in which she mentions the root canal? I want to see if there are obvious clues to her lying. I mean, of course we know she’s lying, but I want to see how she tries to get away with it.

I remember Elle mentioning it about 4 years ago, but I couldn't find the exact video - perhaps she deleted it?

It was around this time because her chin looks swollen in this video:

She is lisping a lot in this one:

I agree she got a nose job too. And the fact that she got a new face goes to show how superficial and insecure she is, and how much she cares about looks. I wonder if in her mind she think Chris dumped her because of the way she looked.

There is nothing wrong with getting plastic surgery, but if It's on your face and very noticible, be honest!!

Reactions: 8
I don't get people like Elle, just admit you had plastic surgery
I know! She could have made a video about taking the decision, her recovery, the results, etc. and in the process could have gained more followers. I mean, she's not fooling anybody anyway so might as well just be open about it and own it.

• Heart
WHOA! Clown makeup and pageant hair aside, Eleanor Florence looks like a completely different person. That’s way more than just a new chin! 😳

I think getting work done was the right move for her...now if she’d only be honest about it. We’re not blind or stupid - your entire face can’t change completely just because you had a “bad root canal.” 🤣

Seriously!!!

Reactions: 5
I personally think there is nothing wrong with having plastic surgery to enhance your looks. If you can afford it, why not? And to be honest, let's face it - it looks like Elle's surgeon did a great job. And a lot of women wouldn't admit to having plastic surgery.

But at the end of the day, looks only go so far in attracting a man. Beyond the initial attraction phase, long term relationships are about building a life together, having self-respect and so much more. As for Elle, she insists on crowding a man's (small) apartment with all her stuff. I mean a roommate can't even take it. If she were more self-aware, Chris and she may have ended up together.

If Elle had got a big law job (or even kept the same MDFA job) and married Chris or Joe, or her jewelry business was a smashing success, we wouldn't be here discussing her. Unfortunately, her life turned out to be a mess due to her own poor decision making so that's why we are here discussing her. It's nothing to do with her plastic surgery (which TBH is a good thing).

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I personally think there is nothing wrong with having plastic surgery to enhance your looks. If you can afford it, why not? And to be honest, let's face it - it looks like Elle's surgeon did a great job. And a lot of women wouldn't admit to having plastic surgery.

But at the end of the day, looks only go so far in attracting a man. Beyond the initial attraction phase, long term relationships are about building a life together, having self respect and so much more. As for Elle, she insists on crowding a man's (small) apartment with all her stuff. I mean a roommate can't even take it. If she were more self-aware, Chris and her may have ended up together.
I think it's mainly these three things that bother people, and not necessarily the plastic surgery in itself:

1. Elle clearly doesn't admit to it despite how obvious and extensive it is. Her viewers aren't all idiots but she certainly treats people like it with the lying.

2. Her personality became really awful after getting all the work done (increased arrogance perhaps?) and how smug she is about the way she looks after the surgeries rubs people the wrong way.

3. This is harsh but how average she looks after all the work + heavy make up and overly styled hair. People give more leeway to those that look stunning after their plastic surgeries (i.e. Bella Hadid) but Elle still looks really plain without makeup and decent looking with pounds of it. The way she squeezes her soft body into too tight sizes doesn't help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I'm really curious as to whether Elle was fired or quit her job. If she quit, it's not smart. If she were fired, she should be looking for another job.

What is upsetting to me is that Elle doesn't follow any career path with consistency. She says she wants to be a jewelry designer. OK fine. This Australian girl quit high school to make handcrafted jewelry and raked in $100,000+ per year (and TBH her jewelry is not that nice). She's similar to Elle in that she handmakes all her jewelry. For God's sake Jo Malone started her business in her own house (I don't know who wants to buy $300 candles but if she can find a sucker to do it, then good for her).

Why doesn't Elle set up a stand or something at the local mall? Selling to her youtube audience is limited. Let's face it guys - making money short of winning to lotto is hard work, no matter which profession you're in - law, medicine, business.

I'm really curious as to whether Elle was fired or quit her job. If she quit, it's not smart. If she were fired, she should be looking for another job.

What is upsetting to me is that Elle doesn't follow any career path with consistency. She says she wants to be a jewelry designer. OK fine. This Australian girl quit high school to make handcrafted jewelry and raked in $100,000+ per year (and TBH her jewelry is not that nice). She's similar to Elle in that she handmakes all her jewelry. For God's sake Jo Malone started her business in her own house (I don't know who wants to buy $300 candles but if she can find a sucker to do it, then good for her).

Why doesn't Elle set up a stand or something at the local mall? Selling to her youtube audience is limited.
Easy. Elle is LAZY AF. It’s always been apparent to me that the #girlboss label was a ruse and it should be obvious to everyone at this point how lazy she is given she doesn’t bother making consistent content.

Starting your own business takes drive which Elle doesn’t have. Not to mention it doesn’t help that she expects things to be handed to her. And while she may be book smart, let’s face it, she lacks creativity and charisma.

Even at her height, her videos were low effort when you think about it. She always did vlogs and most of the time it was just a big bragfest where she eyefucked the camera half the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Easy. Elle is LAZY AF. It’s always been apparent to me that the #girlboss label was a ruse and it should be obvious to everyone at this point how lazy she is given she doesn’t bother making consistent content.

Starting your own business takes drive which Elle doesn’t have. Not to mention it doesn’t help that she expects things to be handed to her. And while she may be book smart, let’s face it, she lacks creativity and charisma.

Even at her height, her videos were low effort when you think about it. She always did vlogs and most of the time it was just a big bragfest where she eyefucked the camera half the time.
I like Elle's travel vlogs the most. I actually liked Elle's Hawaii restaurant recommendations. I don't have the money to eat where she eats in Hawaii (and I don't have the time to go there) but I made a note of where she and Ginette eat and I'd like to visit the same establishments when I'm older and have more time and money. I also enjoy her Vancouver Island tours. I'd like to stay at the same Inn where she and Ginette stayed. And I dream of going on the Tahiti cruise too. For her Bainbridge video, I wish she shot more of her traveling and less of her makeup. A lot of youtube travel vlogs are very adventurous. But Elle's travel videos are laid back and I enjoy them. It's something I can see myself doing. I really wish she'd do more of these travel vlogs and less of her makeup videos and hauls. I mean she lives in Hawaii, Vancouver, and Seattle - the most beautiful places in the world and she does mostly makeup videos and hauls. Come on.

I like Elle's travel vlogs the most. I actually liked Elle's Hawaii restaurant recommendations. I don't have the money to eat where she eats in Hawaii (and I don't have the time to go there) but I made a note of where she and Ginette eat and I'd like to visit the same establishments when I'm older and have more time and money. I also enjoy her Vancouver Island tours. I'd like to stay at the same Inn where she and Ginette stayed. And I dream of going on the Tahiti cruise too. For her Bainbridge video, I wish she shot more of her traveling and less of her makeup. A lot of youtube travel vlogs are very adventurous. But Elle's travel videos are laid back and I enjoy them. It's something I can see myself doing. I really wish she'd do more of these travel vlogs and less of her makeup videos and hauls.
I agree with you but I think the issue is that Elle doesn't really travel outside of hanging out with mommy in select locations or with a bf who wants to travel. When someone else isn't paying (a man or momma G), travelling is not on top of Elle's list of things to do/pay for. I think she prefers a Nordstrom or a fancy restaurant/Vancouver Club sort of establishment.

Why doesn't Elle set up a stand or something at the local mall? Selling to her youtube audience is limited. Let's face it guys - making money short of winning to lotto is hard work, no matter which profession you're in - law, medicine, business.
I think she quit. She was so gung-ho about getting that ring that she put a fly-by-night courtship before her career. I think someone mentioned that she had probably re-applied for her old job when she was briefly back in Vancouver, but her company went with someone else.

Reactions: 6
I think she quit. She was so gung-ho about getting that ring that she put a fly-by-night courtship before her career. I think someone mentioned that she had probably re-applied for her old job when she was briefly back in Vancouver, but her company went with someone else.
Yeah but Elle's behavior at work especially after Joe dumped her was hardly good. She was so miserable. I'm not sure she could function at work properly. Not to mention her excessive shopping on company time (aka lunch), her carrying Chanel bags to work, going to Hawaii for long R&R with Ginette and flying the red-eye home... not sure any workplace would tolerate this behavior. It's 50/50 at this time. She really needed therapy after Joe dumped her rather than another relationship.

I agree with you but I think the issue is that Elle doesn't really travel outside of hanging out with mommy in select locations or with a bf who wants to travel. When someone else isn't paying (a man or momma G), traveling is not on top of Elle's list of things to do/pay for. I think she prefers a Nordstrom or a fancy restaurant/Vancouver Club sort of establishment.
Traveling while single is harder than traveling with someone. It's better to have a traveling companion. So why doesn't Elle travel with a friend or something? A lot of YouTubers make it work.

...she has no friends...? 🤷‍♀️

I think she might find acquaintances here and there to go somewhere locally but ultimately I think she prefers the company of a man or her mommy.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I know! She could have made a video about taking the decision, her recovery, the results, etc. and in the process could have gained more followers. I mean, she's not fooling anybody anyway so might as well just be open about it and own it.
right, there is no shame in it

I think she might find acquaintances here and there to go somewhere locally but ultimately I think she prefers the company of a man or her mommy.
I think she is the type that wouldn't be able to have a girl friend too jealous and competitive

she doesn't have the personality to sell, plus i think she would see it as beneath her to be out there hustling

Last edited:

But at the end of the day, looks only go so far in attracting a man. Beyond the initial attraction phase, long term relationships are about building a life together, having self-respect and so much more. As for Elle, she insists on crowding a man's (small) apartment with all her stuff. I mean a roommate can't even take it. If she were more self-aware, Chris and she may have ended up together.

If Elle had got a big law job (or even kept the same MDFA job) and married Chris or Joe, or her jewelry business was a smashing success, we wouldn't be here discussing her. Unfortunately, her life turned out to be a mess due to her own poor decision making so that's why we are here discussing her. It's nothing to do with her plastic surgery (which TBH is a good thing).
I totally agree, nothing wrong with plastic surgery. I just hate liars! Ok that note, and this might sound bad, Smelles personality doesn’t reflect a person who grew up looking like she does now. I also suspect she’s realizing that looking a certain way won’t solve your problems!

she defo has no friends, the dolls were merely acquaintances

Traveling while single is harder than traveling with someone. It's better to have a traveling companion. So why doesn't Elle travel with a friend or something? A lot of YouTubers make it work.
I know where you're coming from but she's 30+ years old from a developed country and at least middle class if not upper middle. There is literally no reason for someone with her economic situation to not travel alone at her age. That being said, I do think she doesn't have close enough friends to travel with and I can see that being an issue if she really didn't want to be on her own.

• Heart
I still find it hard to believe her new place is “just under 800 square feet”. It does not look like it at all — maybe just under 700 square feet would be more believable. I don’t even think her building offers one-bedrooms with that layout that are just under 800 square feet, though I could be wrong. Anyone actually think she is telling the truth about the square footage? To me, it just seems that her lying is truly pathological!

Reactions: 10
I still find it hard to believe her new place is “just under 800 square feet”. It does not look like it at all — maybe just under 700 square feet would be more believable. I don’t even think her building offers one-bedrooms with that layout that are just under 800 square feet, though I could be wrong. Anyone actually think she is telling the truth about the square footage? To me, it just seems that her lying is truly pathological!
Some people from Seattle mentioned that in Seattle, they count the balcony as part of the total apartment square footage. But even if we take out the balcony section (~100 sqft or so maybe), her apartment still doesn't look 700 sqft. I think the inside + balcony looks about 650-700 sqft tops.

Yeah but Elle's behavior at work especially after Joe dumped her was hardly good. She was so miserable. I'm not sure she could function at work properly. Not to mention her excessive shopping on company time (aka lunch), her carrying Chanel bags to work, going to Hawaii for long R&R with Ginette and flying the red-eye home... not sure any workplace would tolerate this behavior. It's 50/50 at this time. She really needed therapy after Joe dumped her rather than another relationship.

Re: travelling
Yeah, it's a bit more expensive to travel on your own (you can't split the cost of accommodation etc.) and it may feel overwhelming for some to have no-one to chat to and rely on in case you get lost (although can you really get lost in the age of smartphones and Google maps? 🤔 Unless you're going to a jungle or in the mountains - I don't think you can). However, having travelled solo myself for a long time, I have to say it is a great experience, you gain lots of self-confidence, make new friends, become more independent.

Re: getting sacked
I'm in Europe and I'm not familiar with Canadian employment law but surely carrying a designer handbag to work is not a basis for getting sacked 😂 Given that her job description was posted on GG before, it seems it was hardly a demanding role, therefore doing the bare minimum would have been easy even with the breakup tears in her eyes 😂 Sure, she probably wasn't performing to an exceptional standard (why else would she be stuck in the same position for 4-5 years?) but wasn't terrible enough for the employer to have a solid argument for sacking her.
The behaviors you described, while very unprofessional, aren't breaches of employment contract.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.