Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Excellent point! But fwiw, I never got the impression Elle cared too much about a guy's looks or height anyways, judging by her exes. Personality also doesn't seem to be an area that Eleanor concerns herself with. It seems like her main concern is getting the guy to bend her way and spend money on her, so that she'd have more disposable income for luxury goods and stuff like dry bar. Your friends sound like they're probably a catch and actually care about stuff like compatibility and I just don't think Eleanor gives a damn about that as long as she can mooch off a guy and get married ASAP.

If that's the only criteria she has, I'm sure there's someone out there who wouldn't mind playing the part. There's a lid for every pot.
There is a lid for every pot indeed, but Smelle tried 3 live-in lids and they didn't stay 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Regarding her hair - idk why she’s lied about *never* dying her hair 🙄. She mentions getting highlights in her hair in this old video at 1:40.
This chick is honestly insufferable. They are going on "an important mission" to get brunch to celebrate "her making a Tiffany's video" on YouTube that was such a PRO-ject (notice the pronunciation). How privileged of a little twit can you be?

Honestly, I have never in my entire life bullied someone. In fact, I was the kid in school who would beat up bullies. But something in Elle just triggers me lol. I would never be mean to her (or anyone else) directly but I can totally see why she was bullied. She is... something else.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This chick is honestly insufferable. They are going on "an important mission" to get brunch to celebrate "her making a Tiffany's video" on YouTube that was such a PRO-ject (notice the pronunciation). How privileged of a little twit can you be?

Honestly, I have never in my entire life bullied someone. In fact, I was the kid in school who would beat up bullies. But something in Elle just triggers me lol. I would never be mean to her (or anyone else) directly but I can totally see why she was bullied. She is... something else.
I know we’ve all said some variation of this at some point but I always find it really jarring to see her old face. Just how much work did she get done??? 😳 and yet she’s still pretending to be all natural. 🙄

Reactions: 5
Excellent point! But fwiw, I never got the impression Elle cared too much about a guy's looks or height anyways, judging by her exes. Personality also doesn't seem to be an area that Eleanor concerns herself with. It seems like her main concern is getting the guy to bend her way and spend money on her, so that she'd have more disposable income for luxury goods and stuff like dry bar. Your friends sound like they're probably a catch and actually care about stuff like compatibility and I just don't think Eleanor gives a damn about that as long as she can mooch off a guy and get married ASAP.

If that's the only criteria she has, I'm sure there's someone out there who wouldn't mind playing the part. There's a lid for every pot.
True! I'm sure she could rope someone in. I just figured given that she's unemployed now and not amazing in looks or personality herself, she'd have to make some sort of major concession, like maybe single dad again. But then again, maybe there's some sort gender imbalance in Seattle because of the male dominated tech industry, so she'd have an easier time than in Vancouver?

I googled it and came across this article:

Straight single women in Seattle might have it better than their counterparts in New York, Boston, and Chicago, according to a recent study of online dating.

“Seattle is a distinctive city,” said Dr. Elizabeth Bruch, a professor at University of Michigan who co-authored the study. “In Seattle, women—especially older women, are more likely to be in a submarket with roughly equal numbers of men and women, or majority men. That’s not true in any other city we looked at.”
I wouldn't be surprised if Elle actually researched which cities' dating pools were more favorable for women and made her decision to move to Seattle just based on that. I always thought her move to Seattle was random, like why Seattle of all places? If she liked PNW why didn't she just move back to Vancouver where job searching would be easier, instead of a city where she knows nobody...but the Seattle dating scene is most likely easier than Vancouver, and Seattle has a huge % of tech guys making high incomes, so that's why she picked it.

Reactions: 8

I don’t watch too many Canadian YouTubers (the only other ones I watch are Zoe Pritchard and Karin Bohn), but I HAVE to think that Elle’s selfishness are not representative of most Canadians, right?

I feel kind of bad making assumptions on guy she may have snared esp without knowing who he is. Though those red roses do seem very likely a gift from a bf. I know nice guys/men who are still single and I know women who are single through no fault of their own. I think some times people focus on their career or never manage to find the right person. And I think it is better to be happy with yourself than settle for the wrong person. I know there isn't just one person out there for everyone but I think it is a hard thing to do sometimes esp as you get older.

Maybe I'm just sensitive about it because I know if it weren't for my partner I'd likely be single. I'm picky and I'm not the easiest person to get along with. Anyway I don't think bc someone makes it to a specific age and aren't in a relationship doesn't mean there is absolutely something wrong with them. I know people who are good people but just don't have a partner and I don't see it as a deficit to them.

Elle definitely has this weird idea she has to always have a guy, and that's to her detriment. And how her relationships are all take and no give that's definitely a problem. But for someone else who may date her, maybe they made a bad judgement based on who they thought she was. Joe likely made a mistake staying with elle too long but I don't think it makes him automatically "have something wrong with him"

Sorry not trying to police the thread, I just wanted to express my feelings about how the thread was going.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I agree. Asserting that if someone isn’t married by a certain age, something is wrong with them is basically parroting Elle’s philosophy. Which we all, hopefully, know is utter trash.

Reactions: 14
I feel kind of bad making assumptions on guy she may have snared esp without knowing who he is. Though those red roses do seem very likely a gift from a bf. I know nice guys/men who are still single and I know women who are single through no fault of their own. I think some times people focus on their career or never manage to find the right person. And I think it is better to be happy with yourself than settle for the wrong person. I know there isn't just one person out there for everyone but I think it is a hard thing to do sometimes esp as you get older.

Maybe I'm just sensitive about it because I know if it weren't for my partner I'd likely be single. I'm picky and I'm not the easiest person to get along with. Anyway I don't think bc someone makes it to a specific age and aren't in a relationship doesn't mean there is absolutely something wrong with them. I know people who are good people but just don't have a partner and I don't see it as a deficit to them.

Elle definitely has this weird idea she has to always have a guy, and that's to her detriment. And how her relationships are all take and no give that's definitely a problem. But for someone else who may date her, maybe they made a bad judgement based on who they thought she was. Joe likely made a mistake staying with elle too long but I don't think it makes him automatically "have something wrong with him"

Sorry not trying to police the thread, I just wanted to express my feelings about how the thread was going.
I agree with you that it doesn’t make them a bad person if they’re single regardless of age, but if they’re past a certain age (we can’t hold a 20 year old to the same standard as say someone 30+ imho) and they choose to actively engage with someone like Smelley (which would be implied if they got into a relationship with her), I would question at least their judgement of character. Not trying to be harsh but given all of us can tell how selfish and conceited she is just through snippets of her behavior in her videos (presumably some of her better behavior if she actually put it up), I have a hard time believing anyone who doesn’t have any problems or at least poor judgment wanting to date her. Dean for example, found out the kind of person she was during the dating process (before she could sink her claws into him) and bolted. Being a poor judge of character doesn’t make someone a bad person per se, but it is suspicious. Maybe they find the way Smelley treats people ok, or don’t think that’s a problem. I would find that to be a red flag.

I hope this didn’t come off as super aggressive, because that’s not my intention at all! Just trying to provide another perspective and that’s what I love about this thread, that we all have different opinions but we try to see each other’s points of views and don’t tear each other apart for the differences. :)

Reactions: 11
I don't think any of Tattle ladies here are saying there's something wrong with Smelle (or anyone) being single. Quite the opposite, we all seem to acknowledge there's nothing wrong with NOT being in a relationship - it's a perfect opportunity to get to know yourself better and improve yourself. The problem we have here is that Smelle's self-worth is dependent on having an ADMIRER (not a boyfriend actually, just someone to adore her) but at the same she doesn't give back. She treats men as accessories and has as much respect for them, their privacy as she does for her pets - i.e. very little.

Reactions: 15

I wanted to clarify my stance with Joe because I know some people think I’m anti-Joe; not saying you thought this or said this, btw. 🙂

For the most part, I found him to be a genuinely decent guy, just very hyped up with his characteristics among GGers because Elle and her former partners are/were so awful by comparison. Which I know is mean of me to say about Elle, Rick, and Chris, but they’re not my friends and I can’t see myself being friends with people who just seem snobby and arrogant with nothing to show for it. Except for maybe Chris with his company, but even then his looks are an acquired taste. 🤣

In any case, I always felt that Joe got with Elle because he had ended a relationship with someone and Elle was his rebound. I know everyone debates on Elle’s looks (and believe me, I don’t find her stunning), but I think he was initially captivated and she seemed so good on paper with other aspects about herself. I still think he fell out of love with her 6 months prior to moving out, but he was kinda stuck with her and tried to make the most of their situation until the renewal deadline came close.

Personally if they hadn’t moved in together so quickly and if he hadn’t met her right after ending things with his last gf, I don’t think he would have lasted as long as he did. He’d be like SS or Dean...bolt in 3 months. 😂😂

Reactions: 7

There’s certainly plenty of great people who are single due to focusing on their career or other reasons, I just think it would be hard for Elle to meet someone like that when her life is so messy right now and she’s made a string of bad, irresponsible decisions (which wasn’t the case when she was with Joe and Chris). What happens when they want to meet her friends? Oh, I don’t have any, cuz I just moved here…oh cool, so you just got a new job here? Nah, I’m just here to find a man who makes a great tech income. They’ll eventually find out that she quit her job a year ago to move to Florida before. Imagine if this were a guy you met on a date, I think we’d all think his situation was strange and question his judgment.

Reactions: 8
I think the issue @Drasticactions was referring to is a comment someone made about a guy being older in age with a certain income, and if he’s not married, then it’s possible it’s because he has personality issues. The issue didn’t really have anything to do with Elle or people who would like her. Saying someone is likely off because they would like Elle wasn’t what the issue was about; it was making a judgment about someone that because they’re a certain age and not married, that person likely has personality flaws.

• Heart
There’s certainly plenty of great people who are single due to focusing on their career or other reasons, I just think it would be hard for Elle to meet someone like that when her life is so messy right now and she’s made a string of bad, irresponsible decisions (which wasn’t the case when she was with Joe and Chris). What happens when they want to meet her friends? Oh, I don’t have any, cuz I just moved here…oh cool, so you just got a new job here? Nah, I’m just here to find a man who makes a great tech income. They’ll eventually find out that she quit her job a year ago to move to Florida before. Imagine if this were a guy you met on a date, I think we’d all think his situation was strange and question his judgment.
Exactly! There are high quality single people of any age but I have a very hard time believing they would want to date Elle given her personality, character, and as you mentioned, questionable circumstances.

@202leda: While I like Joe the best as well out of all her exes, that I don't think he's as great as he initially comes off. Like you said, G G and even this thread hyped him up a bit because he's so much better relative to her other exes but I felt like given how quickly he rebounded with Smelley and moved in with her makes me think he's not the brightest either when it comes to judgment of character. And also, Joe didn't break up with Elle shortly after Mount Nordstrom (if anything, he seemed quite into her in that vlog) or La Mer camping, if I recall correctly, whereas most reasonable people would've thought about it for sure. I don't even like Smelley and I remembered thinking he was quite dismissive of her in a lot of vlogs, like he was exasperated and talking to an idiot that he can't be rude to. I think he just holds it in rather than acting out so it makes him look "nice" at first glance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think the issue @Drasticactions was referring to is a comment someone made about a guy being older in age with a certain income, and if he’s not married, then it’s possible it’s because he has personality issues. The issue didn’t really have anything to do with Elle or people who would like her. Saying someone is likely off because they would like Elle wasn’t what the issue was about; it was making a judgment about someone that because they’re a certain age and not married, that person likely has personality flaws.
I made that comment, and I was thinking specifically about Rickets when I made it (who I referred to in that comment), who creepily contacted her out of the blue after ten years. I think any women who have been in the dating game at any point have encountered a guy like that, but I shouldn't have made it seem like a generic comment about all older guys. If you're gonna get all serious about a totally off the cuff comment I made about older guys, didn't you say something before about Elle's biological clock? (ETA: "I’ve never seen her so proud of a look. She smiles like there’s a gun pointed at her head except the gun is her biological clock") How is it ok to make fun of a woman for her age or biological clock? Women should never feel pressure to get into a relationship because of the biological clock. I have a friend who wanted to become a mom but didn't happen to meet the right person, so she adopted a child, and she couldn't be happier.

Reactions: 1
I made that comment, and I was thinking specifically about Rickets when I made it (who I referred to in that comment), who creepily contacted her out of the blue after ten years. I think any women who have been in the dating game at any point have encountered a guy like that, but I shouldn't have made it seem like a generic comment about all older guys. If you're gonna get all serious about a totally off the cuff comment I made about older guys, didn't you say something before about Elle's biological clock? (ETA: "I’ve never seen her so proud of a look. She smiles like there’s a gun pointed at her head except the gun is her biological clock") How is it ok to make fun of a woman for her age or biological clock? Women should never feel pressure to get into a relationship because of the biological clock. I have a friend who wanted to become a mom but didn't happen to meet the right person, so she adopted a child, and she couldn't be happier.
You took my comment out of context. We all here have made jokes about her biological clock, not because we believe she should be held to that standard, but because SHE believes she should be held to that standard. That’s what my comment was aimed toward - her delusional belief. And I’ve made that clear. While you’re looking through all of the comments I’ve ever made on this forum, you can find those as well. I made that comment in a jovial way, as opposed to a serious generalization. No one is directly attacking you. If I was was, I would have tagged you in the post. Someone on the forum wanted to make a point about what you said, their point was misunderstood, and I clarified what I understood the point to be. That’s it.

Eleabor is so triggering that I feel like she creates issues among this thread every once in a while, because inevitably, someone ends up saying something (that is relevant to Smelley's situation) that can be taken the wrong way by other people and I hope that doesn't tear this thread apart, because I genuinely love the goss and our discussions.

Was Rickety Rickets creepy? Absolutely. Whether he's 20 or the 40 something like he is, his behavior would still be off-putting. Is it creepier that he's sliding into the DMs of a much younger woman he met many years ago shortly after the dissolution of his marriage (which he still refuses to accept) at the age of 40+? Abso-freakin'-lutely. By that age, you can't use lack of life experience or not knowing better as an excuse anymore for shady behavior.

Should we shame women for wanting to get married/have babies? Of course not. Is Elle's biological clock ticking? She definitely acts like it, and the increase in age does seem to at least correlate with if not a cause of her increasingly shady, desperate behavior. Not all women are desperate to get hitched as they get older and even if their "clock is ticking," many will not lower their standards and throw themselves at as many random men as possible, and especially not during a pandemic. I honestly do think @actuallawyer was more making fun of Elle's specific behavior in regards to getting older than applying that to women as a whole.

I think a lot of the times, we make comments that correlate more to Eleanor and her surroundings than women or men as a whole. For example, I believe that @Greenthumb30 was trying to say that judging by the types Eleanor seems to attract and her dating history, odds are, if she finds an older guy making good money (we all know a guy's ability to pay for her spending is a HUGE factor in Elle's dating decisions), it's likely to be someone with a strange personality like Rickety Rickets. This isn't unfair because if a guy was eligible, attractive, and a good person, statistically speaking, he would either be in a serious relationship at age 40 or he's holding out for an equally eligible girl, which isn't who Smelley is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Eleabor is so triggering that I feel like she creates issues among this thread every once in a while, because inevitably, someone ends up saying something (that is relevant to Smelley's situation) that can be taken the wrong way by other people and I hope that doesn't tear this thread apart, because I genuinely love the goss and our discussions.

Was Rickety Rickets creepy? Absolutely. Whether he's 20 or the 40 something like he is, his behavior would still be off-putting. Is it creepier that he's sliding into the DMs of a much younger woman he met many years ago shortly after the dissolution of his marriage (which he still refuses to accept) at the age of 40+? Abso-freakin'-lutely. By that age, you can't use lack of life experience or not knowing better as an excuse anymore for shady behavior.

Should we shame women for wanting to get married/have babies? Of course not. Is Elle's biological clock ticking? She definitely acts like it, and the increase in age does seem to at least correlate with if not a cause of her increasingly shady, desperate behavior. Not all women are desperate to get hitched as they get older and even if their "clock is ticking," many will not lower their standards and throw themselves at as many random men as possible, and especially not during a pandemic. I honestly do think @actuallawyer was more making fun of Elle's specific behavior in regards to getting older than applying that to women as a whole.

I think a lot of the times, we make comments that correlate more to Eleanor and her surroundings than women or men as a whole. For example, I believe that @Greenthumb30 was trying to say that judging by the types Eleanor seems to attract and her dating history, odds are, if she find an older guy making good money (we all know a guy's ability to pay for her spending is a HUGE factor in Elle's dating decisions), it's likely to be someone with a strange personality like Rickety Rickets. This isn't unfair because if a guy was eligible, attractive, and a good person, statistically speaking, he would either be in a serious relationship at age 40 or he's holding out for an equally eligible girl, which isn't who Smelley is.
That is exactly the point of the comment, thank you.

• Heart
Again, my assumptions above could be wrong here (please do correct me if I am!) but I don't think anyone here wants to offend anyone else intentionally. It's very easy for discussions here to take a wrong turn because Elle's behavior and beliefs are so polarizing. There's a fine line between rightfully judging Elle (because she's profiting off her fake persona and behavior on a public platform) and judging men and woman as a whole. I really do believe that all of us are in the former camp rather than the latter.

Reactions: 12
Again, my assumptions above could be wrong here (please do correct me if I am!) but I don't think anyone here wants to offend anyone else intentionally. It's very easy for discussions here to take a wrong turn because Elle's behavior and beliefs are so polarizing. There's a fine line between rightfully judging Elle (because she's profiting off her fake persona and behavior on a public platform) and judging men and woman as a whole. I really do believe that all of us are in the former camp rather than the latter.
I agree with this. I don’t think @Drasticactions meant to offend anyone by his/her opinion, I don’t think you or anyone else meant to offend anyone by your opinion, and I didn’t mean to offend anyone by my opinion. In life, people are going to disagree with what you say. And you can’t take it personally every time that happens. I love what @svdwoodsen said about people disagreeing on this forum but are united through a common enemy. It never needed to rise to the level it did.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.