Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else get the feeling like she’s acting more than normal? She’s always had a voice for on-camera and a voice for off-camera but she seems to be really laying it on thick right now.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else get the feeling like she’s acting more than normal? She’s always had a voice for on-camera and a voice for off-camera but she seems to be really laying it on thick right now.
Auditioning for "Please, please, please let me be a bride!", a new trainwreck reality TV series, coming soon near you! :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have a theory re why Elle decided to get engaged in the first place. Now it's clear to us all Elle is so out of Rick's league, but when they first got engaged (and when I havent found the GG chat and bought in 100% what Elle said), Elle tried to make Dickles sound like a catch.

I still remember when Elle introduced Rick as this 'sexy professor she met in the Oxford summer program, who now is living the best American life in Florida', she was blown away by positive comments. Some subs even said Rick was 'so so so good looking'.

I feel like Elle chose to make such a terrible life decision because Rick has the potential to make her look good as long as she kept on lying and only disclosing partial truth, which is her whole life strategy. Rick lives far enough for any of her Vancouver viewers to have a real sense of his real life status, looks kinda ok from a far without showing his legs, and has a profession that can be talked up.After all in Elle's mind, fraud investigator who quotes business law once in a while = a practicing lawyer, then a adjunct professor absolutely equals to a real professor. Also, Florida is a very polarized state, social economics wise. A lot of rich people there live a luxurious life style, which clearly is not the reality for Ricklet, but Elle tried to pass for that by shooting all of her Florida 'upper middle class' housewife videos and getting a Porsche.

Also, this kind of hallmark fantasy just works so well for her princess persona: get engaged very fast to 'THE ONE' after being tragically dumped by 'the one that got away'. It's kind of pathetic to value image to an extent that it became a complete train wreck.
I'll never forget his face when she called him the love of her life lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What you say does make sense. I guess I just always liked the idea of her having gotten dumped yet again 🤣🤣🤣. But, of course, the whole disaster that the rushed engagement was, even if she ended it, is definitely nothing to be proud of. If anything, I’m surprised she hasn’t lost a ton of weight again given what her life has become, and the knowledge that it is all her fault for making so many wrong decisions one after the other, all in search of happily ever after. I find it odd that she is willing to live in that dingy apartment. It’s so depressing. Why not move to Hawaii until she actually finds a job? Yes, being in Hawaii could make it more difficult to find a job in Seattle, but so much is being done remotely nowadays that she wouldn’t necessarily be at a disadvantage during the interview process. It’s as if she’s delusional and thinks finding a job will be easy, so might as well sign the lease first. It’s been six months, since you started searching, and at least a year since you last worked, Elle. News flash: it is not easy to find a job when you’ve been out of work for that long. It also doesn’t help that when they do a background check they’ll see you’ve been lying about being a practicing lawyer this whole time.
she was defo dumped, she would never of worded it the relationship ended when she announced it was over, after all the dumpings she would of wanted to gloat

Reactions: 9
agreed, she is trying to appear happy

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just watched her video, well skimmed.
I like how she made sure to include Everything possible to get a click in the title.
As someone else pointed out she is using those tweezers with the plastic protector on them. Her hair is a mess and she is not happy you can see that despite the very bad acting.
She defiantly wanted to show off those flowers and I do like how she is super close to the camera so as not to show off too much of the apartment. Can have anything spoiling a potential video.
Did anyone else notice the traffic sound, sounds like this of the moment apartment is not very sound proof and it’s not the crashing waves outside her balcony we hear.
Also the attempt at looking like she is not wearing makeup is so bad you can see how thick the foundation is on her face. I also liked her interview approach in saying this is what I bring to the table. Practicing for a lawyerly lawyer job interview.
This video was almost and I say almost feel bad for her, she seems so bad.

Reactions: 7
I think Smelly has landed a man. She made sure to show us the dozen red roses at the end of the video. She isn't the type to buy flowers for herself.
You know her Mommy sent her the flowers. She gave her two options, both making it seem like she has some type of male admirer. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
(Swift change of topic)

I always have an untested theory that when you are in an entry level position, no matter what kind of profession, it's in general not recommended to cover yourself with luxury logos. Otherwise your manager would think you have other sources of income, just work for fun, not for serious career pursuit and don't need a promotion.

It's important to wear quality clothes and look presentable. However, even in client facing roles, it's also very awkward to over shine your client/your manager with all the luxurious accessories.

I just can't wrap my head around how Elle can reconcile with that in her professional life without looking like a completely weirdo. I worked in Hong Kong, London, and now in NYC, and Elle's definitely way too overdressed as an entry level young professional in any of these cities. Vancouver is a city filled with rich retirees, but I'm not sure how often do young professionals cover themselves with brand names.

I've spent most of my working life in Vancouver, and the short answer is: it depends. There's a lot of money floating around in Vancouver, and people just starting out might be buying themselves nice things, or they might receive them as gifts.

Logos are very common here, especially if you live work in an image-conscious industry. Working in real estate, for example, demands you project an image of success, so you need to look the part.

You're totally right. I remember she had either 79.8k subscribers over the weekend or something around that and now she suddenly has 80.3k? Her latest 'cave with a water mirage view' video got a measly 10k views (our views account for probably half of that because ladies of Tattle had to rewatch several times to hear her say 'Three' when her brain short-circuits 🤣), how would she suddenly get ca. 500 new subscribers? :/

EDIT: how about she treats herself to a set of studio lights? She's been on YouTube for 10 years and it looks like she doesn't even own a right light 🤦‍♂️
What's going on with her hair? Princess gave up on taking care of herself entirely as she's turning into a new person: granola girl meets valley babe (cue pastel tie-dye)? Her roots look horrible and you can see grey hairs too. I remember she said multiple times before she doesn't dye her hair but I don't believe her. The top of her hair is very dark with some grey hairs and the part from her temples down has this odd coppery undertone.
Regarding her hair - idk why she’s lied about *never* dying her hair 🙄. She mentions getting highlights in her hair in this old video at 1:40.

(Swift change of topic)

I always have an untested theory that when you are in an entry level position, no matter what kind of profession, it's in general not recommended to cover yourself with luxury logos. Otherwise your manager would think you have other sources of income, just work for fun, not for serious career pursuit and don't need a promotion.

It's important to wear quality clothes and look presentable. However, even in client facing roles, it's also very awkward to over shine your client/your manager with all the luxurious accessories.

I just can't wrap my head around how Elle can reconcile with that in her professional life without looking like a completely weirdo. I worked in Hong Kong, London, and now in NYC, and Elle's definitely way too overdressed as an entry level young professional in any of these cities. Vancouver is a city filled with rich retirees, but I'm not sure how often do young professionals cover themselves with brand names.
Agree! I’ve always felt self-conscious about wearing overtly branded clothing to work, even now as a VP. I’m not going to work to show off my fashion, I’m going to the office to get work done, so I dress professionally and comfortably because we all know what the afternoon feels like if you decided to wear that too-tight dress after lunch sent in by a vendor.

That being said, although I talk myself out of bringing my LV bag to work daily (also, lbh it wouldn’t fit my laptop anyway), and opt for a Dagne Dover or straight up backpack instead, I highly doubt any of my managers would actually care. They’re all super techy guys who wouldn’t know any brand from Adam, and even the female directors in marketing or legal probably wouldn’t give a rip what I wear, as long as I can get the work I promised them done. I’m way more aware and self-conscious of the image my clothing and bags project than they probably actually do.

Reactions: 7
Agree! I’ve always felt self-conscious about wearing overtly branded clothing to work, even now as a VP. I’m not going to work to show off my fashion, I’m going to the office to get work done, so I dress professionally and comfortably because we all know what the afternoon feels like if you decided to wear that too-tight dress after lunch sent in by a vendor.

That being said, although I talk myself out of bringing my LV bag to work daily (also, lbh it wouldn’t fit my laptop anyway), and opt for a Dagne Dover or straight up backpack instead, I highly doubt any of my managers would actually care. They’re all super techy guys who wouldn’t know any brand from Adam, and even the female directors in marketing or legal probably wouldn’t give a rip what I wear, as long as I can get the work I promised them done. I’m way more aware and self-conscious of the image my clothing and bags project than they probably actually do.
Seattle is not flashy at all and most residents don't wear brand names even though they can afford it. Most of us appreciate experiences over brand name things

I predict a 40 year old programmer whose desperate to get hitched, and maybe foreign, and hence cannot read these threads and know the kind of liar she is. :ROFLMAO:
Whoever it is, it's not gonna be someone who ticks most of Elle's boxes, that's for sure! Just based on my college classmates/guy friends who work in the tech field, all of them are pretty darn confident and not the nerdy desperate type, and they never seem to have trouble getting dates. I feel like a tech guy making 200K+ who is single at age 40 either doesn't really want to be married or has some major personality issues a la Rickets.

• Heart
Regarding her hair - idk why she’s lied about *never* dying her hair 🙄. She mentions getting highlights in her hair in this old video at 1:40.
Elle is big on interpreting statements to fit/benefit her story. My best guess is that Elle wants to portray herself as a 'natural beauty' so she must have virgin hair. Elle may think that 'highlighting' isn't actually dying her hair because it isn't all over, just a few strands.

Whoever it is, it's not gonna be someone who ticks most of Elle's boxes, that's for sure! Just based on my college classmates/guy friends who work in the tech field, all of them are pretty darn confident and not the nerdy desperate type, and they never seem to have trouble getting dates. I feel like a tech guy making 200K+ who is single at age 40 either doesn't really want to be married or has some major personality issues a la Rickets.
Excellent point! But fwiw, I never got the impression Elle cared too much about a guy's looks or height anyways, judging by her exes. Personality also doesn't seem to be an area that Eleanor concerns herself with. It seems like her main concern is getting the guy to bend her way and spend money on her, so that she'd have more disposable income for luxury goods and stuff like dry bar. Your friends sound like they're probably a catch and actually care about stuff like compatibility and I just don't think Eleanor gives a damn about that as long as she can mooch off a guy and get married ASAP.

If that's the only criteria she has, I'm sure there's someone out there who wouldn't mind playing the part. There's a lid for every pot.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Because she is a compulsive liar. And I don't say that lightly. She has proven time and time again, that she really is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.