Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The reason why her unit is a literal shoebox is because most of her rent is going towards the building’s snazzy amenities and common areas. I don’t know about you guys but I generally don’t find as much value in these areas and rarely used them when I rented from similar buildings. I’d rather pay more for my own personal square footage than a communal kitchen/lobby/games room or rooftop patio that I’ll probably occasionally use.
But then how is she supposed to "bump into" eligible Seattle bachelors if not for these "common areas?" Also, where would she do her "modelling" while staring longingly into the distance? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
More proof Elle reads here -- hi, sweetie! Love the new digs! She filed a business license in Washington State: https://ccfs.sos.wa.gov/#/ (search Elle Florence under the corporation search).

I would say this indicates she's going to stay in Seattle... but she did file a business license in Florida and then Rick kicked her out two months later so...
I wonder if that address is a P.O. Box, her new place, or the old Airbnb. If I was the Airbnb owner, I would be concerned with some temporary tenant registering their dodgy business to my address for the public to see.

👋 Me too! I'm in Vancouver 🇨🇦 Nice to

Hi! Canadian here too, I'm in Vancouver. Nice to see so many of us on here, eh? 😆🇨🇦 Curious where Elle gets her pronunciation of cushion, we certainly don't pronounce it that way here!
It’s her “foreign” pronunciation, I guess. If foreign referred to Eleanor’s imagination/delusions. I guess it’s a place most of us won’t ever get to visit or see, so who knows how they pronounce things there. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I wonder how she's going to fit all her crap into that tiny space. It's probably going to be wall to wall furniture since thats how she normally decorates even when she has adequate space 😝

Also curious how the people that like her and watch don't have any sort of questions as to how she can afford her own place after moving across the country 2 times in 1 year and not having a stable job for at least a full year now. She just spent 4 months in a 3-4 thousand/month airbnb, still hauls tit all the time and there's no way she pulls in 13000 every month with her jewelry business unless she's pushing it to full capacity like she was for May. Everything that she stands for with her channel is a total lie and I really don't get how people aren't more curious and constantly asking her about it.
Well she lived rent free in Florida, then escaped to Hawaii on her mums dime after the broken engagement. While her initial month at the air b&b was pricier, she was able to get a decent deal for the later months because she negotiated directly and the covid situation (landlords were willing to give discounts because there were no other takers anyway) it’s perfectly reasonable for a woman in her 30s who’s spent 7-8 years working to have enough savings for a couple months’ rent & moving costs.

I would say she’s toned down on hauls a great deal! she actually earns money from hauls since she films for her YouTube channel, she gets Adsense & affiliate money & tax write-offs.

Finally Her new apartment already reveals everything about her financial situation ... not great.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Well she lived rent free in Florida, then escaped to Hawaii on her mums dime after the broken engagement. While her initial month at the air b&b was pricier, she was able to get a decent deal for the later months because she negotiated directly and the covid situation (landlords were willing to give discounts because there were no other takers anyway) it’s perfectly reasonable for a woman in her 30s who’s spent 7-8 years working to have enough savings for a couple months’ rent & moving costs.

I would say she’s toned down on hauls a great deal! she actually earns money from hauls since she films for her YouTube channel, she gets Adsense & affiliate money & tax write-offs.

Finally Her new apartment already reveals everything about her financial situation ... not great.
Good points! She’s hauling significantly less than when she was in Vancouver, and much much less than when she was dating Joe.

The Joe Era seems to be the pinnacle of her spending. Even during her engagement to Rickety Rickets, she was doing more hauls. I’m guessing the lengthy unemployment and poor life decisions are catching up to her and this is her way of saving. That and constant men hunting must be eating up any free time and energy that she has.

Reactions: 6
Watching the tour now and her nose looks ...different? Skinnier bridge, more bulbous tip? Also lol at the random “3!” she threw in there. Her voice is now shakey AND phlegmy. Also, Smelle does not like to face a wall while she’s cocking... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2

Do you even follow her? She didn't just need money for a couple months rent and some moving cost to move down the block. You're talking up her expenses and saying its totally reasonable and then end the whole comment by saying that her financial situation is clearly not great.

Yeah you're right that it's not unreasonable for a person in their early 30's to have some savings but she spent 5 years at an entry level job never moving up. How much could she climb the ladder financially to have a huge savings while paying high rent on her own, shopping non stop, Vancouver club membership, etc? Also, when did she say she lived rent free in Florida? Rick didn't seem like he had a pot to piss in before Elle came along and furnished his retirement home.

Look at all the tit she paid for during this past year while also being unemployed :
Moving her tit from Vancouver to Fl
Road trip across the country with Rick with some nice hotels. Someone on GG said the place in Nashville was $$$
Planning a wedding (she mentioned that she was mostly finished planning which means that deposits and stuff were paid, we don't know if she got her money back but generally deposits are non refundable. I hope for her sake they were able to recoup the cost.)
Renovations on Rick's house (they even had a contractor so it must have been more than some new paint)
Hawaii vacation before Christmas
Last minute ticket to Hawaii at Christmas time when her and Rick broke up
Storing her stuff in Fl
Storing her cats in Fl and then having them transported to Seattle
Vancouver interview trip with Airbnb
Seattle Airbnb for 4 months (I don't even fully buy what you're saying about Elle negotiating her rent bc this came straight from Elle's mouth when she was doubling down that she was a local Seattle resident and not staying in an airbnb. She used this as an excuse to prove that she was not scamming people during a pandemic. Also I saw the listing of this apt on the site and it was an expensive place so even if she did negotiate it I highly doubt it was drastically cheaper)
Moving her stuff from Florida to Seattle
New apartment in Seattle (Security deposit, pet fees, etc. Add in when you get your own apartment you have to have proof of income and sometimes even proof of employment)
Yeah she doesn't haul as much but she still has done plenty during this time (reformation 800+, 1st Sephora haul 600, 2nd Sephora haul 500, "Capsule" stay at home wardrobe and the tit she just never showed like her overpriced sheets etc.

How much could she possibly be earning on her YouTube channel now? She hardly cracks 10k views so I doubt she's making anything substantial on Adsense. Also, as a self employed person, tax writes off are great because you're writing off on money that was never taxed and thus lowering the amount you OWE. Youtube money is not taxed, she's not pulling in extra income from her tax write offs.

I would say Elle is in the minority with her financial situation whether she has a massive savings account or her mom supports her. A lot of people her age still have student loan debt, the average salary in the US is not high despite the COL continuing to go up and as seen in the US during this pandemic a good majority of people don't have any savings for a rainy day so her not working for a year and continuing to spend haphazardly isn't at all relatable or admirable, which was my initial point.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Elle points out in a video that she's not good at saving. I'm pretty sure every dollar she ears burns a hole in her pocket until it is spent on something "fun"

Elle points out in a video that she's not good at saving. I'm pretty sure every dollar she ears burns a hole in her pocket until it is spent on something "fun"
The only saving she does is for a purchase or haul. In an old get to know me type video she said she was a spender not a saver.

She should turn the camera away from her face. Watching her eyes dart every which way is distracting. Her eyes are getting significantly worse! If I were her I would go to an eye doctor.
I don't know what my favorite part of Elle's new video was; either her pretending like a utility closet is a den or her aborted 3,2,1 meltdown while trying to zoom in past the roof tops and parking lot to settle on the distant water as if she has an unobstructed lake view.
Her apartment is a far cry from the last few places she lived in Vancouver. So either Ginette came to her senses after six months of financially supporting Elle or Elle finally realized that spending mommy's money now means having less to spend down the line.
People in her comments section are still asking her why she didn't go back to Vancouver. No one understands! At this point she should make a decision, then do the opposite of it! None of her choices over the last year and a half have made any sense.

Reactions: 12
I recall reading that in 2016 a record number of dual nationals renounced US citizenship because they can be liable for tax in both countries.
Do you think this part of the reason that Elle has never purchased a home in Canada and has settled in the US?

Reactions: 3
I can't post pictures in my posts anymore 😢 it's been like that since yesterday, anyone else is having this issue too?

I wanted to add a screenshot of an insane comment under Smelle's latest vid. Some absolute nutjob commented they have to meet with Smelle after covid is over and Smelle will love her (the commenter) 😳 if someone wrote that to me, I'd be worried. Instead, that idiot Smelle thinks it is flattering 🤦‍♂️

I recall reading that in 2016 a record number of dual nationals renounced US citizenship because they can be liable for tax in both countries.
Do you think this part of the reason that Elle has never purchased a home in Canada and has settled in the US?
Yeah, I've always thought US citizens are taxed on their income abroad so does it mean that she had to submit annual self-assessments to the IRS when she worked in Canada? Or is there some threshold and if you earn less than a set amount, you're exempt? Apologies for possibly silly questions, I live in the UK.

I can't post pictures in my posts anymore 😢 it's been like that since yesterday, anyone else is having this issue too?

I wanted to add a screenshot of an insane comment under Smelle's latest vid. Some absolute nutjob commented they have to meet with Smelle after covid is over and Smelle will love her (the commenter) 😳 if someone wrote that to me, I'd be worried. Instead, that idiot Smelle thinks it is flattering 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, I've always thought US citizens are taxed on their income abroad so does it mean that she had to submit annual self-assessments to the IRS when she worked in Canada? Or is there some threshold and if you earn less than a set amount, you're exempt? Apologies for possibly silly questions, I live in the UK.
She has to file with the IRS every year. You’re exempt from tax for the first $100,000 of income or so (I think they adjust for inflation each year). Also, you don’t get double taxed. You report whatever taxes you are paying in your home country. Someone mentioned YouTube money isn’t taxed. How can that be? Isn’t all income taxed?

Reactions: 5
Do you even follow her? She didn't just need money for a couple months rent and some moving cost to move down the block. You're talking up her expenses and saying its totally reasonable and then end the whole comment by saying that her financial situation is clearly not great.

Yeah you're right that it's not unreasonable for a person in their early 30's to have some savings but she spent 5 years at an entry level job never moving up. How much could she climb the ladder financially to have a huge savings while paying high rent on her own, shopping non stop, Vancouver club membership, etc? Also, when did she say she lived rent free in Florida? Rick didn't seem like he had a pot to piss in before Elle came along and furnished his retirement home.

Look at all the tit she paid for during this past year while also being unemployed :
Moving her tit from Vancouver to Fl
Road trip across the country with Rick with some nice hotels. Someone on GG said the place in Nashville was $$$
Planning a wedding (she mentioned that she was mostly finished planning which means that deposits and stuff were paid, we don't know if she got her money back but generally deposits are non refundable. I hope for her sake they were able to recoup the cost.)
Renovations on Rick's house (they even had a contractor so it must have been more than some new paint)
Hawaii vacation before Christmas
Last minute ticket to Hawaii at Christmas time when her and Rick broke up
Storing her stuff in Fl
Storing her cats in Fl and then having them transported to Seattle
Vancouver interview trip with Airbnb
Seattle Airbnb for 4 months (I don't even fully buy what you're saying about Elle negotiating her rent bc this came straight from Elle's mouth when she was doubling down that she was a local Seattle resident and not staying in an airbnb. She used this as an excuse to prove that she was not scamming people during a pandemic. Also I saw the listing of this apt on the site and it was an expensive place so even if she did negotiate it I highly doubt it was drastically cheaper)
Moving her stuff from Florida to Seattle
New apartment in Seattle (Security deposit, pet fees, etc. Add in when you get your own apartment you have to have proof of income and sometimes even proof of employment)
Yeah she doesn't haul as much but she still has done plenty during this time (reformation 800+, 1st Sephora haul 600, 2nd Sephora haul 500, "Capsule" stay at home wardrobe and the tit she just never showed like her overpriced sheets etc.

How much could she possibly be earning on her YouTube channel now? She hardly cracks 10k views so I doubt she's making anything substantial on Adsense. Also, as a self employed person, tax writes off are great because you're writing off on money that was never taxed and thus lowering the amount you OWE. Youtube money is not taxed, she's not pulling in extra income from her tax write offs.

I would say Elle is in the minority with her financial situation whether she has a massive savings account or her mom supports her. A lot of people her age still have student loan debt, the average salary in the US is not high despite the COL continuing to go up and as seen in the US during this pandemic a good majority of people don't have any savings for a rainy day so her not working for a year and continuing to spend haphazardly isn't at all relatable or admirable, which was my initial point.
Point well taken! I may have come off the wrong way in my initial post, I sincerely apologize for that. I’m in no way an Elle defender 😐

I was just trying to point out that a lot of her expenses have been covered by other people in her life giving her wiggle room (Vancouver rent covered by boyfriends, she only pays her own rent when she’s dumped so the couple of months between boyfriends) (Florida - I assume she lived rent free in rick’s house & during the dating phase with nicer hotels I assume rick paid since he would be trying to get in her pants) (Hawaii related vacations - it always comes off as Ginette footing the bill) I also believe Ginette would have given Elle quite a lot of sympathy cash / offered to cover flights and moving costs / post engagement breakup since the breakup was pretty brutal (not to mention so near Xmas and her birthday) & I believe as mother of the bride she would have contributed to wedding expenses as well.

Elle’s Additional streams of income: affiliate links (can be decent if lots of people click through to browse because the cookies stay in your computer for 30 days & pays out a commission anytime you purchase anything on that site & her audience of older ladies may not know how to clear their cache)/ nouvelle money (her profit mark up is huge due to her shoddy products, so every 100 customers x $100 is $10k profit) & teaching online side money

The above is my guess of why she’s just able to just get by during this year of unemployment, but only marginally.

She’s 32 this year, so about 7-8 years working experience. Law is an undergrad program in the UK, it takes 3 years to graduate law school and 1 year of masters in Canada. She did say she took a gap year before she started uni at Durham.

Agreed completely on your point, however she affords it, it’s neither aspirational nor girl boss. And definitely not aligned to the story she tells her viewers online.

Basically if one were to be as selfishly self-serving as Elle (ready to take advantage of all men, dating wise or boyfriends, your own mother, being cheap with everyone else, and exploit your viewers relentlessly with high priced products), it would be possible to live her lifestyle on an average Vancouver salary. Especially since she does no travel on her own (international travel only when Chris paid; otherwise only Hawaii because her mom pays).

It’s just difficult to fathom since most of us wouldn’t really want to exploit our loved ones to this extent/ are actually financially prudent and care about a sustainable retirement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
She has to file with the IRS every year. You’re exempt from tax for the first $100,000 of income or so (I think they adjust for inflation each year). Also, you don’t get double taxed. You report whatever taxes you are paying in your home country. Someone mentioned YouTube money isn’t taxed. How can that be? Isn’t all income taxed?
This is correct, she would file as an American living abroad with the IRS. As Sheepsmeadow mentioned, you cannot get double taxed and I believe Smelley is unlikely to have ever paid American taxes in her life because Canada has very high taxes, much higher than the majority of places in the US so she would be taxed based on that and pay the Canadian tax authorities instead.

For example, if an American lives abroad in a country with no income tax, they would have to pay federal tax (0-37% of their income, depending on how much they earn) and potentially state tax (depending on the state they’re registered in) to the IRS. If they live in a country that has a 15% tax for example and they’re in the 30% income tax bracket back in the U.S., they would only pay the IRS 15% (the difference). If they lived in a country that had higher taxes than the U.S. (say 45% when they’re in the 35% bracket in the states), they would pay no taxes to the IRS. Hope this clarifies things a bit for everyone. :)

I also think that Smelley may qualify for Foreign Earned Income Exclusion, which means she earns less than 100k USD annually and will have to file each year, but does not have to pay any taxes because she doesn’t earn that much. I’m almost 99% sure that her entry level fraud investigator job does not earn over 100k USD, particularly given how poor the exchange has been for the Canadian dollar for so many years. Her YouTube earnings combined with her not a lawyer salary would not meet this I believe, or would only marginally exceed it.

Last edited:
So she decided to explain her long absence with.... An apartment reveal! A way to not have to actually go to the trouble of cobbling up an apology. It's just "please infer, dear viewer, my absence was due to moving"... Even though, as people on here have already shared, she left her prior "home" 3 weeks ago so that's a lot of bs (bad sex she's been having with the undesirable men of Seattle 😂).

If we're truly supposed to be experiencing it like she is, FoR tHe FiRsT tImE, she definitely should have turned the camera around. It cuts out her ability to eye duck herself but there's no need for us to be staring at her the whole video. The video is about the apartment, Eleanor... It's not titled "Wanna rent a YouTube Princess... Seattle Scammer Reveal" 🙄

She already can't figure out the door lock and "she's not going to try and figure it out"... For that I don't blame her. We all remember her misadventures with opening various bottles.

Oh Eleanor... Double fridge. Honey, it's called a French Door fridge. Being French and all, I figured you would have NAILED that one 😂😂😂

Is that a water view? It's sooo far away I couldn't tell... Figured it might have just been a mirage. And as she's talking about her wonderful water view the brain starts short-circuiting with her "THREE..." I know back on GG I suggested that was indicative of something wrong in her brain vs the popular alternative opinion of it being an editing thing. Glad to see more people are comin' over to my camp 😂 I definitely think it's some kind of nervous tic or anxiety issue bc it seems to come up in certain situations (in this video, she's talking about her past water views...she prob was thinking back to that luscious water view from Joe's apt... let's face it, that was far and away the ultimate...hell she had it framed...I do think it eats at her how that life is no longer hers 😂).

Can we just take a minute to imagine if she had actually taken her lawyer practice as seriously as she likes to lie about it? She might be able to afford a decent view... She could be like Joe, be able to afford those killer apts he could. Oh if only Eleanor...

I'll give it to her... She can really attempt to sell anything. I could imagine her wheedling to be able to post a "prison cell tour" and talking up the "comfy yet minimal surroundings and the weathered tile-esque walls" 😂 Her calling that a "den" is insane. It's a closet.

Lingering on her reflection in the bathroom felt super awkward. Like I was about to watch somebody have sex with themselves. I'm here to hate watch only... Don't push any more cringe on me.

Skipped becomes skepped in Eleanor-speak.
Wasted becomes a-wasted in Eleanor-speak.
Hook becomes Huck in Eleanor-speak.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.