Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I even remember one video where she mentioned having a cleaner
Ah yes. How can we forget that moment when she was eyeing her reflection lovingly in her very dirty mirror and mentioned she can't be bothered to clean it...because sHe hAs a cLeAnEr yOu gUyZ...

Can we just take a minute to imagine if she had actually taken her lawyer practice as seriously as she likes to lie about it? She might be able to afford a decent view... She could be like Joe, be able to afford those killer apts he could. Oh if only Eleanor...
This x 1000. I can't tell if she is just unmotivated or if she is actually has some sort of mental/emotional barriers that hinder her from performing normal life tasks like driving, solo traveling for leisure, nurturing long term friendships, etc. It's not like she was dealt a bad hand materially, or opportunity-wise. It's clear she was born into more privilege than most others. It's a shame she does not choose to use it to its full potential.

But yeah, she did cut her hand that one time in university, soo...

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Elle is clearly insufferable or this thread wouldn't be rocking and rolling but I'm curious to see what is the biggest reason you ladies dislike her (among many totally justifiable reasons). Is it:

1. The lying
2. Selfishness: taking advantage of her subscribes, mother, various men/victims
3. Her privilege and inability to be grateful for that/make good use of it
4. Her ever-changing smug mug :ROFLMAO:
5. Refusal to take responsibility for her own actions or work on herself

Something else?

For me, it's definitely a combination of all this but the one that bothers me the most is probably the lying. Even though the other stuff is clearly problematic, dishonesty in a person just rubs me the wrong way and I feel like it impacts every part of her character and influences her actions.
For me, it's:

1. The disgusting sputum-filled, crackly voice.
2. The fact that she eye-fucks herself on camera. There are legitimate celebrities who are not as full of themselves.
3. The "woe is me, I'm foreign and Yuropeeyuuuun!" attitude.
4. The lying.
5. The fact that she is so full of herself... and for nothing.

So, I found her building. Her apartment is actually 650-ish square feet; same layout, same everything. Why does she have to lie so incessantly? Why say the apartment is just under 800 square feet? She is maddening.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
This x 1000. I can't tell if she is just unmotivated or if she is actually has some sort of mental/emotional barriers that hinder her from performing normal life tasks like driving, solo traveling for leisure, nurturing long term friendships, etc. It's not like she was dealt a bad hand materially, or opportunity-wise. It's clear she was born into more privilege than most others. It's a shame she does not choose to use it to its full potential.

But yeah, she did cut her hand that one time in university, soo...
I think she is unmotivated but also not clever enought to make a brilliant lawyer. Someone on GG found her masters thesis, read it (?) and concluded it was just a huge word salad. My suspicion is that when she did her articling, she realized she wasn't very good at the job itself (you can get good grades at UK universities by learning the textbooks by heart and not being outstanding in applying the principles) and she didn't like the long working hours that staff were expected to put in.

I know she also did a law internship in HK but I remember reading on her LinkedIn that she was tasked with corporate governance - related stuff. Not something a university grad who completed a 3-year law course would have lots to say about. I did undergrad law in the UK so I know what I'm talking about 😁 3 years is really not a lot of time to learn about all areas of law (especially given year 1 is mostly introductory modules so you only have 2 years of 'proper' law). After graduating you need to do a Legal Practice Course which introduces more specific areas plus you do a placement in a law firm. Smelle didn't do any of these. So that internship was probably more about shadowing senior people, copying documents, making coffees ;)

Lastly, if she did well during her articling, why would she pass the bar and immediately look for a cubicle dwelling job? Surely you'd be excited to start working as an attorney, climbing up the career ladder, making a name for yourself!

Reactions: 9
She always makes her "clarifications" about her life on IG stories so it'll delete later. Don't worry Elle! We can still take screenshots 😀
I love that she mentions Ginette is also in the US and that she wants to be in the same country as her mom as a reason for her move (presumably to be closer to her), even though Ginette is in Hawaii, which is closer to Asia than the continental U.S. This logic doesn't really stand. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Lastly, if she did well during her articling, why would she pass the bar and immediately look for a cubicle dwelling job? Surely you'd be excited to start working as an attorney, climbing up the career ladder, making a name for yourself!
I don't think Elle ever really intended to have a big law career. She assumed her YouTube channel would take off and/or that she would marry into money and not need to work. It must be so embarrassing for her to look at YouTubers who started at the same time as her (or later) who now have hundreds of thousands, even millions, of subscribers and here she is, nearly a decade in, unable to break 100K.

Reactions: 8
I love that she mentions Ginette is also in the US and that she wants to be in the same country as her mom as a reason for her move, even though Ginette is in Hawaii, which is closer to Asia than the continental U.S. This logic doesn't really stand. :ROFLMAO:
Somehow making it through immigration and getting your passport stamped is a huge issue for Elle. 🤣 Would explain how little international traveling she’s done! Elle, darling, the EU has open borders, so maybe you should move there so you can travel a bit if carrying a passport is such an issue for you!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She always makes her "clarifications" about her life on IG stories so it'll delete later. Don't worry Elle! We can still take screenshots 😀
1) What 'Vancouver friends' are you talking about, Smelle? Not a single friend paid you a visit when you were in Florida for 5 months... And the 'engagement party' thrown for you by 'The Dolls' consisted of sipping cocktails and eating sandwiches on a patio of someone's house. Oh wait, they got you 'Bride to be' paper napkins 😂😂😂 Your princess pride must have been hurt but maybe they figured out that a rubbish relationship deserves a rubbish celebration 😝

2) What am I reading here?! 'When I ended my engagement'?! So it wasn't Rick's decision after all?! Smelle, tell us, you went to Hawaii and reminded yourself that what you really like to do is be spoiled by your maman chérie, be gifted diamond necklaces and YSL bags, and whoops, your fiancé doesn't even know what YSL stands for? So you returned to Florida and called it quits because consumerist lifestyle means more to you than the supposed 'love of your life'? 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
When she ended her engagement? Well well well. That's very interesting. She's never actually said that before.

Reactions: 6
When she ended her engagement? Well well well. That's very interesting. She's never actually said that before.
I wouldn’t take her words too seriously; we all know that the truth is very relative in Elle’s world. Case in point, a 650 sqft apartment (which includes the balcony) is a just under 800 sqft place!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wouldn’t take her words too seriously; we all know that the truth is very relative in Elle’s world. Case in point, a 650 sqft apartment (which includes the balcony) is a just under 800 sqft place!
This. Don't believe a word she says. If she knew what's good for her, she'd have a career in PR. Elle, it's not too late, dear.

Reactions: 11
Do you think she got all new ugly furniture or somehow got her old ugly furniture out from storage?. 🤔🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Truth. I always figured Rick called things off, and now I'm sure of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Do you think she got all new ugly furniture or somehow got her old ugly furniture out from storage?. 🤔🤣
I predict a combination of old, ugly furniture and some "necessary" new ugly "heirloom pieces" because some of her old ones were broken by "terrible movers" during the transit.

You have to admit it's pretty funny that her furniture went all the way from Vancouver (west coast Canada) to middle of nowhere in Florida (all the way down south and on the east coast as well), only to have to move back to Seattle (literally less than 3-hour drive from Vancouver). Her recent life decisions have been poor even for her furniture.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I predict a combination old, ugly furniture and some "necessary" new ugly "heirloom pieces" because some of her old ones were broken by "terrible movers" during the transit.

You have to admit it's pretty funny that her furniture went all the way from Vancouver (west coast Canada) to middle of nowhere in Florida (all the way down south and on the east coast as well), only to have to move back to Seattle (literally less than 3-hour drive from Vancouver). Her recent life decisions have been poor even for her furniture.
don't forget loads of cushions

Reactions: 6
I can completely see how, in Elle's mind, her thinking would go like this:

When Rick ended our engagement > when my engagement ended > when I ended my engagement

Ta da! Now she's the dumper instead of the dumpee. The only way I can see Elle ending the relationship was if Rick tried to put his foot down re her spending or Ginette threatened to cut her off because she wasn't up for supporting her lazy daughter AND a deadbeat husband.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can completely see how, in Elle's mind, her thinking would go like this:

When Rick ended our engagement > when my engagement ended > when I ended my engagement

Ta da! Now she's the dumper instead of the dumpee. The only way I can see Elle ending the relationship was if Rick tried to put his foot down re her spending or Ginette threatened to cut her off because she wasn't up for supporting her lazy daughter AND a deadbeat husband.
I propose we make Rickety Dickles the mascot of this thread and get him to spill the beans on what happened with Eleonore. We can all pitch in and get him a REAL TV STAND as a welcome gift. 💝😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.