Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live in Italy in a small apartment (about 600ish square feet?). But it's literally smack dab in the center of Turin like 100 feet from a castle. Floor to ceiling windows in every room (even the bathroom), a small balcony... and it's affordable at 650 euros a month! If Elle wants to live her "best European life" why doesn't she get an EU passport from her mom and just move to Europe? Such a waste of money for an ugly apartment in a city she probably doesn't even like.
Oh where in Italy? I can never trust trip advisor and always want local opinions on recommendations :)

Reactions: 2
I wonder how she's going to fit all her crap into that tiny space. It's probably going to be wall to wall furniture since thats how she normally decorates even when she has adequate space 😝

Also curious how the people that like her and watch don't have any sort of questions as to how she can afford her own place after moving across the country 2 times in 1 year and not having a stable job for at least a full year now. She just spent 4 months in a 3-4 thousand/month airbnb, still hauls tit all the time and there's no way she pulls in 13000 every month with her jewelry business unless she's pushing it to full capacity like she was for May. Everything that she stands for with her channel is a total lie and I really don't get how people aren't more curious and constantly asking her about it.

Reactions: 8
I wonder how she's going to fit all her crap into that tiny space. It's probably going to be wall to wall furniture since thats how she normally decorates even when she has adequate space 😝

Also curious how the people that like her and watch don't have any sort of questions as to how she can afford her own place after moving across the country 2 times in 1 year and not having a stable job for at least a full year now. She just spent 4 months in a 3-4 thousand/month airbnb, still hauls tit all the time and there's no way she pulls in 13000 every month with her jewelry business unless she's pushing it to full capacity like she was for May. Everything that she stands for with her channel is a total lie and I really don't get how people aren't more curious and constantly asking her about it.
I'll be honest: I'm one of those people that watches youtubers and videos I'm interested in and rarely thinks about how they afford things, nor do I usually care. For me, the content of the video matters more (for example, if I want to watch an Hermes collection, I'll watch it without really thinking about how someone paid for their goods as long as it's an interesting video).

I think Smelley messed up by bragging too much about herself and sharing excessively about her relationships and personal lives on her channel and when the pieces didn't add up, many people got curious and thus the gossip threads were born. I feel like most viewers are like me (don't really care about the life of the youtuber most of the time) and if she wasn't so smug and off-putting, I wouldn't have started reading G G and later joined tattle.

Reactions: 14
I'll be honest: I'm one of those people that watches youtubers and videos I'm interested in and rarely thinks about how they afford things, nor do I usually care. For me, the content of the video matters more (for example, if I want to watch an Hermes collection, I'll watch it without really thinking about how someone paid for their goods as long as it's an interesting video).

I think Smelley messed up by bragging too much about herself and sharing excessively about her relationships and personal lives on her channel and when the pieces didn't add up, many people got curious and thus the gossip threads were born. I feel like most viewers are like me (don't really care about the life of the youtuber most of the time) and if she wasn't so smug and off-putting, I wouldn't have started reading G G and later joined tattle.
That makes total sense and I think you're right that most people don't put that much thought into it. I am definitely opposite where I'm always analyzing, adding things up and wondering about cost of things lol even in real life. I agree with you that her threads came from people realizing things didn't add up and she was too much into bragging!

Reactions: 6
That makes total sense and I think you're right that most people don't put that much thought into it. I am definitely opposite where I'm always analyzing, adding things up and wondering about cost of things lol even in real life. I agree with you that her threads came from people realizing things didn't add up and she was too much into bragging!
Also despite having almost 80k viewers, Elle's videos actually get very few views (when's the last time she hit over 10k views on a video?) so I'm guessing most of her subscribers no longer watch much youtube (dead accounts) or they check-in on her channel very sporadically.

Reactions: 7

I think most viewers DO question how YouTubers afford all their luxuries, at least the viewers who have jobs and understand budgets (obviously there are outliers - I’m sure you’re very competent, just don’t givvafuq about YouTubers bragging).

Elle’s fans are probably stay-at-home moms, young girls, or entry-levels who make much less than 50% of the household income, who don’t understand how hard it is to push for a successful career and a fair salary especially as a woman in male-dominated industries (women have to put in a lot more hours and work than men to get the same recognition) and don’t understand finances. Because if they did, they would never spend $6K on a Chanel bag that could have gone toward a down payment on an investment property or funded their Roth IRAs for the ENTIRE YEAR. Definitely not trying to offend you, please don’t take it that way! Just saying that one person’s perspective doesn’t necessarily dictate the distribution of the entire or even the majority of the population.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think most viewers DO question how YouTubers afford all their luxuries, at least the viewers who have jobs and understand budgets.

Elle’s fans are probably stay-at-home moms, young girls, or entry-levels who make much less than 50% of the household income, who don’t understand how hard it is to push for a successful career and a fair salary especially as a woman in male-dominated industries (women have to put in a lot more hours and work than men to get the same recognition) and don’t understand finances. Because if they did, they would never spend $6K on a Chanel bag that could have gone toward a down payment on an investment property or funded their Roth IRAs for the ENTIRE YEAR. Definitely not trying to offend you, please don’t take it that way! Just saying that one person’s perspective doesn’t necessarily dictate the distribution of the entire or even the majority of the population.
Fair enough, no offense taken! I do think that a significant chunk of youtube viewers are casual viewers though, so they might watch the videos covering topics they're interested in (i.e. Luxury bags and Sephora hauls) and just ignore the rest, so they don't really have an idea of what's going on in Smelley's life. I think it's how Elle has been able to keep her fake persona up for years, before the G G ladies started calling her out on it.

I agree with you that she seems to attract a lot of types who have no idea what it's like to budget, so that definitely contributes to it. For someone whose a "urban young professional," she sure does attract a lot of retired women, stay-at-home moms, and college students. Basically people who can't question her because they aren't sure of how it works themselves (nothing wrong with that either, but it's hard to ask questions when you don't even know what's questionable).

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I think most viewers DO question how YouTubers afford all their luxuries, at least the viewers who have jobs and understand budgets (obviously there are outliers - I’m sure you’re very competent, just don’t givvafuq about YouTubers bragging).

Yeah, this totally. I see the other side and agree that there are probably a lot of casual viewers and some people who just watch YouTube to get their mind off of stuff and aren't looking to budget someone else's tit. I just think with her whole Girl Boss persona nothing adds up so if I'm watching from that perspective I'm at a total loss. I know I keep harping on her moving across the country 2 times in one year but its just because I've moved across the country before and know how it's an expensive process and Elle just casually did it 2 times with no mention of anything and thats putting aside all the other cost she has occurred with no job. I don't need her to sit down and break open her bank account but I just don't see her as a Girl boss, aspirational or relatable. Everything that she has presented herself to be is not at all who she is. She just tacks a label onto herself and galavants around town with a camera.

It took me longer than I expected but I found Elle’s apartment. The reason why her unit is a literal shoebox is because most of her rent is going towards the building’s snazzy amenities and common areas. I don’t know about you guys but I generally don’t find as much value in these areas and rarely used them when I rented from similar buildings. I’d rather pay more for my own personal square footage than a communal kitchen/lobby/games room or rooftop patio that I’ll probably occasionally use.

Also, her unit isn’t a 1 bedroom + den, just a 1 bedroom as this exact floor plan is under the “1 bedroom” category. That “den” is more of a utility closet because it’s okay to have a utility closet be an “ugly room”. I don’t think she’d want to park Nouvelle Pearl HQ beside two litter boxes and a disorganized pile of junk, knick knacks, and doo-dads. 😂

You guys were right about her exaggerating the square footage too lol! With the balcony, it’s probably around 680 sq ft? Definitely not “just under” 800 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
More proof Elle reads here -- hi, sweetie! Love the new digs! She filed a business license in Washington State: https://ccfs.sos.wa.gov/#/ (search Elle Florence under the corporation search).

I would say this indicates she's going to stay in Seattle... but she did file a business license in Florida and then Rick kicked her out two months later so...

Reactions: 5
she shouldn’t have shown the view from her balcony. I was able to find her place pretty easily since her building has that exterior blue paint job.

Reactions: 7
I guess I'm gonna play devil's advocate here but Elle's new apartment didn't seem nearly as horrible as it has been described here, in my opinion. It looks like it's been updated, has a nice enough view, and is certainly spacious enough for one person. I would happily live in an apartment like that, except that some of you familiar with the area noted it is quite a walk to get to the nearest restaurants/shops--I would prefer to be a little closer to the main drag.

Is it 800sqft? Doesn't really look like it. However, to be frank, I think calling it a shoebox is quite out of touch. Then again, I currently live in a small loft in NYC (think ~300sqft small) and I am absolutely fine and feel perfectly comfortable. I spend very little time in my apartment (well--before COVID) aside from sleeping, showering, and occasionally cooking because I am always out and about in the city.

What I will agree with you all about was the totally bizarre "THREE....*awkward camera zoom*" and Elle labeling her utility closet a "den"??

Bottom line: I think it's very obvious to everyone (including Elle) that her new digs are a shadow of her former luxurious downtown Vancouver life but at least this type of apartment (further from the action, not super luxurious, 'small') is more realistic for her circumstances (not employed beyond making pearl necklaces).

Reactions: 9
It took me longer than I expected but I found Elle’s apartment. The reason why her unit is a literal shoebox is because most of her rent is going towards the building’s snazzy amenities and common areas. I don’t know about you guys but I generally don’t find as much value in these areas and rarely used them when I rented from similar buildings. I’d rather pay more for my own personal square footage than a communal kitchen/lobby/games room or rooftop patio that I’ll probably occasionally use.

Also, her unit isn’t a 1 bedroom + den, just a 1 bedroom as this exact floor plan is under the “1 bedroom” category. That “den” is more of a utility closet because it’s okay to have a utility closet be an “ugly room”. I don’t think she’d want to park Nouvelle Pearl HQ beside two litter boxes and a disorganized pile of junk, knick knacks, and doo-dads. 😂

You guys were right about her exaggerating the square footage too lol! With the balcony, it’s probably around 680 sq ft? Definitely not “just under” 800 🙄
Her amenities are basic to most apartments in the area. I've had apartments with a basketball court and a lap pool to temp controlled wine room/locker and roof with a view of both lake Union and the puget sound as well as rainier. I literally don't understand her reason for this apartment except maybe they're the only ones that accepted her unemployed status.

Last edited:
she shouldn’t have shown the view from her balcony. I was able to find her place pretty easily since her building has that exterior blue paint job.
Same, the exterior is a dead giveaway lol

She needs a place to strut her stuff for her date night outfits video and her next designer scarf collection video. Plus I can see her on the roof terrace with a glass of wine smirking and trying to eye duck some loser, in the gym pretending to lift weights to impress someone or wearing too tight pants to shoot some pool. This place is perfect for her and her ambitions imo.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Same, the exterior is a dead giveaway lol

She needs a place to strut her stuff for her date night outfits video and her next designer scarf collection video. Plus I can see her on the roof terrace with a glass of wine smirking and trying to eye duck some loser, in the gym pretending to lift weights to impress someone or wearing too tight pants to shoot some pool. This place is perfect for her and her ambitions imo.
When she lived with Joe, she mentioned that she never used the gym in their condo building cuz it was “dated”. I doubt we’ll be seeing her in that gym. She’s probably signing up for the Seattle Club as we speak

Reactions: 4
Why hasn’t Ginette outright purchased a condo for Elle? I was under the impression that she was in a financial position to do so with the sale of her Victoria home (and I presume her Vancouver home since Elle moved to Florida at the time?)
She could charge Elle half or 80% of the rent if she really wanted to. Plus if Elle was on the mortgage it would do her some good and build some equity.

Is she -gasp- trying to teach Elle a lesson here? 😂
She may be saving the money for her retirement and potential healthcare expenses into old age. Ginette is only in her 50s after all, there’s probably a good 30 years to go! I also think she is well aware that her daughter cannot be relied upon to take care of her financially.

Plus keeping Elle on the leash for occasional handouts and birthday gifts keeps her closer/dependent on mama G :)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.