Elle Florence #2 Serendipitously scamming and squatting in Seattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personally I didn't find any of her apartments (except for the one Joe paid for) nice.
The one she lived in before moving in with Chris was rather dated.
Then she was in Chris' condo - the downstairs area was cool and spacious but the bedroom was ridiculously small. Afterwards there was the apartment where she had that nasty nook with her shoes worn outdoors exhibited on a cupboard as if it was some sort of museum. The 'living room' was kinda narrow.
Then there was the apartment she shared with Joe - spacious living room but the weirdly shaped bedroom would give me anxiety 😂
After the breakup was the 'industrial' cave with a bedroom behind a mirrored door and following her engagement she lived in a Florida swamp-dump bungalow which she was so embarrassed of that we never saw more than 5s of it.

Maybe I'm harsh but I live in Europe and apartments here are really a lot more spacious than what Smelle lived in.
I live in Italy in a small apartment (about 600ish square feet?). But it's literally smack dab in the center of Turin like 100 feet from a castle. Floor to ceiling windows in every room (even the bathroom), a small balcony... and it's affordable at 650 euros a month! If Elle wants to live her "best European life" why doesn't she get an EU passport from her mom and just move to Europe? Such a waste of money for an ugly apartment in a city she probably doesn't even like.

Reactions: 9
Apparently, studios with a dividing wall are referred to as “urban one bedrooms” in Seattle. It’s different from a true one bedroom, which legally must have a window. Basically, she was just saying “this is a one bedroom apartment”. Thanks for the info, Elle! I would have never known that was a one bedroom apartment. Of course, that doesn’t take away from how depressing it looks! If it looks this bad empty, imagine once you fill it with all your hideous crap, Elle!
In Chicago they are called Jr. One bedrooms--- I remember looking at one once that didn't properly specify that and it was a loft style with these random walls for the bedroom that just partially went up. It wasn't really for me and personally I think a studio actually feels much better as you have access to the windows and can sometimes get a decent size. My first apartment ever was a studio and I absolutely loved it (had a huge walk in closet you could put a bed in if you wanted). Honestly, I probably would have kept living in one (only one room to clean 🙂) if I hadn't moved in with my boyfriend and needed a place to keep his stuff as well.

Reactions: 5
Wow, this apt feels like a new low. At this rate I'm expecting a new apartment tour next year where she's living with a random roommate she found on craigslist lol

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It’s important not to forget that she’s 31 years old and has been a working professional for at least eight (?) years.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I feel like I have to constantly defend Canada on this thread because Smelley constantly does things that insults us. :ROFLMAO:

Canadians have fobs. We also don't slam the door on people's faces when going to Nordstrom. We also have high-rise apartments with very nice views that aren't a parking lot. 🤪
Haha, I actually love Canadians and have always wanted to flee to Canada because every time I go there, I feel like I become a better person as soon as I cross the border because I am reacting to the nice people. I think it's probably how I happened to start watching Elle's channel, as I had a few Canadians I was watching and I felt I could relate to them more (seemed like many had that lifestyle of living in nice urban apartment, living with longtime significant others, etc). Elle's behavior did become the outlier though as I watched more. Also, for some reason, back then I thought Allison Anderson was Canadian and not sure where I got that idea because, although I haven't stuck with her, I see she's now in Seattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That apartment might be 800 sq ft including the balcony - maybe. Agreed with all of you, it looks so... sad.

Elle's going to drag out this series of moving and decorating videos for as long as possible. Gotta make them dolla bills to fund the expensive hovel.

Reactions: 10
Elle vacated her AirBnB at the beginning of June 2020. She got the keys to this place probably June 1, 2020, and had a full week to film this video and move her two suitcases stuffed with her 14 new capsule wardrobes into her hobbit hole. Then it took her three full weeks to edit this video. If she had four full weeks she would have been able to edit that “THREE...” out, but how can you expect a busy practicing lawyer, full time law professor, jewelry and fashion designer, local Seattle business owner to edit a 9 minute video in such an unreasonable time span of three weeks? What are you, online bullies or something? Get a life.
Her full time job for the last 3 weeks has been Professional Dater and Bullshitter 😂

Wow, this apt feels like a new low. At this rate I'm expecting a new apartment tour next year where she's living with a random roommate she found on craigslist lol
I Don’t think Elle would like living with a roommate that isn’t an SO. Idk something about her seems like she’d be a nuisance to live with. Imagine waking up to the scene of her prancing around the living room and balcony “showcasing” her outfits for a week. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wow she’s such a liar. That apartment isn’t even close to 800 sq ft. I would assume it’s like 600. You can tell it’s super super tiny. Why lie about such stupid details? Her last place in Van seemed a lot bigger. What a let down. And I’m sorry the view actually sucks. The Airbnb had amazing views. This place? Not so much.

• Heart
That apartment might be 800 sq ft including the balcony - maybe. Agreed with all of you, it looks so... sad.

Elle's going to drag out this series of moving and decorating videos for as long as possible. Gotta make them dolla bills to fund the expensive hovel.
I looked up her apt and it looks like the 650 one. All of my past apartments included the balcony as the total sq ft. This place looks like it's in the low $2000? To give you context I has an apartment that was 1000 sq ft and 100 of that was the balcony and I was in the 20th floor and paid 3,450 and 220 for parking and $100 for extra storage. Then my apartment was a two bedroom with loft den and private terrace of unobstructed view of the puget sound/Olympic mtns. That was 1400 and we paid $4800. My guess is Elle doesn't qualify for these apts because they usually ask you to verify that you're employed

• Heart
Wow, balconies are included? We might as well include the width of the doors and windows for some extra square footage then. How about the driveway/hallway/parking space as well? Maybe that's where she got her "800 sq ft". By Smelley's standards, I've lived in ~1,000 sq ft apartments and my townhouse is over 3,000 sq ft. I suddenly feel very "girl boss." :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Haha, I actually love Canadians and have always wanted to flee to Canada because every time I go there, I feel like I become a better person as soon as I cross the border because I am reacting to the nice people. I think it's probably how I happened to start watching Elle's channel, as I had a few Canadians I was watching and I felt I could relate to them more (seemed like many had that lifestyle of living in nice urban apartment, living with longtime significant others, etc). Elle's behavior did become the outlier though as I watched more. Also, for some reason, back then I thought Allison Anderson was Canadian and not sure where I got that idea because, although I haven't stuck with her, I see she's now in Seattle.
Thank you for not writing us all off because of Smelley. I promise she's the worst of the worst combined. :ROFLMAO: I literally do not know anyone like her from here.Then again, not sure you can find many like her on planet earth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Her hair is so greasy here...

Elle has an ugly room yet again. She says its formal name is a den, but it looks like a storage/pantry room to me. Unless den has a completely different meaning in Canada.

That apartment is a dump, sorry. It is small and literally next to an industrial parking lot/garage(?). How is that “pretty”?!
Hi, I don't know what Elle's idea of a den is but in Canada to us a den is a room with a sitting area for watching television or if you have a small library or bookshelves use it for reading and relaxing. I use my den as the main sitting room where television is watched and just to relax. Sometimes used to sit in and just read a book. Sometimes we also refer to it as a living room.

Reactions: 5
Sorry ladies, I am not comfortable posting Elle's address on the internet. I'd consider that a pretty major violation of her privacy, since she hasn't publicly disclosed that and never will.

And honestly, the listings for that building are not that interesting. It is your generic, run-of-the-mill condo building. Her video shows everything you need to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Fellow Seattle-ite here! You’re spot on about the gas stove. Seattle has a ton of buildings like Elle’s that we’re built quickly and on the cheap to keep up with the rising demand from the influx of tech workers. While still nice, a lot of the appliances and finishes are more on the cheap side. Electric stoves are a hell of a lot cheaper to install because it means they don’t have to run gas lines to every apartment. When my fiancé and I were looking for apartments a while back, buildings with gas stoves were either found in ultra lux apartments or in condos where you rent directly from the owner, which were also more on the pricey side.
Woot Seattle! I'll have to add for someone who loves talking about luxury and claws and her Chanel bags aren't you surprised she didn't try and spring for a high rise place? Like Harborsteps?

Reactions: 4
🇨🇦🍁
You're not being harsh or snobby. I live in a large city in Canada that isn't Vancouver with high real estate prices and I live in a 4 bedroom townhouse that's ~2,500 square feet. Her places have all been really crowded and small, including the place with Chris. The Joe apartment was the only nice apartment.

I've also lived in cities more expensive than Seattle and Vancouver rent-wise (think New York, London, Hong Kong) and all my ~600 sq ft apartments then looked larger than all of Elle's supposedly 700/800 sq ft apartments so I'm not sure what going on. Maybe my agents were all bad at math and I got some steals. :ROFLMAO:
Hi Svdwoodsen...Fellow Canadian here! Thought I'd send some "Hellos" your way 🍁🇨🇦

• Heart
Reactions: 4
🇨🇦🍁
Hi Svdwoodsen...Fellow Canadian here! Thought I'd send some "Hellos" your way 🍁🇨🇦
Shoutout to my fellow Canadian :cool: ❤

This board needs us to keep people's perception of Canadians in check. If the Americans think we're all like Smelley, they're gonna want to build a wall soon 🤪

• Haha
Shoutout to my fellow Canadian :cool: ❤

This board needs us to keep people's perception of Canadians in check. If the Americans think we're all like Smelley, they're gonna want to build a wall soon 🤪
Dying here laughing on the wall comment:ROFLMAO:. I'd like to build a wall to keep Elle out of Canada.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.