Elle Florence #16 Fisherman Did Well. Forever Linked to Elle. Can't Unring That Bell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A very expensive toddler -- that reversible shearling coat is almost $2,000. You're right though, her style is horrid and the pulled back hair is giving Princess Anne energy 😜. It's astounding to me she spent so much on coats and bags yet doesn't own a home. Seattle and Vancouver are expensive but that's no reason to not save and instead let fisherman move you into a dumpy home from the 1970s
She truly has the WORST style. I myself am a "clawsic" dresser because I don't believe in spending money on trendy tit that will look awful in a year, but she also makes it look matronly. She wears ill-fitting clothes as well. She reminds me of a little teddy bear in a huge coat lol... or the Ikea monkey.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She truly has the WORST style. I myself am a "clawsic" dresser because I don't believe in spending money on trendy tit that will look awful in a year, but she also makes it look matronly. She wears ill-fitting clothes as well. She reminds me of a little teddy bear in a huge coat lol... or the Ikea monkey.
Classic is wonderful but Elle butchers it. I feel like a black shearling coat is neither trendy not a classic, it's something I'd expect a grandmother to be wearing in the 1950s. I just find it hilarious Elle was saying Zara is too weird yet she's OK wearing walking around in purple leopard prints or this monstrosity. Wonder which storage locker this coat is rotting in, Florida, Vancouver or Seattle.

• Haha
I love (being entertained by pretentious) Elle's style. Her delusions of grandeur never fails to crack me up. Keep the 300 oatmeal cashmere sweaters coming! 😘🤣🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Remember when Elle got choked up when she finally realized the lifelong dream of...having a walk-in closet? Something is seriously wrong if you look at buying designer bags as an accomplishment.

• Haha
Remember when Elle got choked up when she finally realized the lifelong dream of...having a walk-in closet? Something is seriously wrong if you look at buying designer bags as an accomplishment.
The Marie Antoinette smile ("let them admire my fugly bags!") is not helping the situation. Full-on hoarding behaviour.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Legit, when I have to pull out all my bags to re organize or clean I get embarrassed by how much I have. Seeing them all together gives me so much anxiety, I don't know how she can feel so much pride. My collection is just a fraction of her's cost wise I couldn't even imagine showing them all in one photo for the internet to see.

To be fair, Elle’s bag collection is very modest compared to the likes of other luxury YouTubers. I’ll try and cut her some slack there, even though most regular people wouldn’t have that many bags.

Having said that her collection is horribly dated and ugly. Colored handbags that no one wants, huge logos/placards from the early 2000s. She tries so desperately to be classy and stylish when her bag choices say otherwise. Don’t get me wrong, there is an appeal to buying luxury brands and I’m definitely not above it but looking at her collection doesn’t inspire me to go and buy Chanel or LV. 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The Marie Antoinette smile ("let them admire my fugly bags!") is not helping the situation. Full-on hoarding behaviour.
She had 6 Chanel bags back then. Since this photo was taken, she added the manta ray boy bag, the horrible plastic tartan one, and a camera bag. For all that money she could have bought herself an amazing engagement ring without having to get pregnant with Fishy.

• Haha
She had 6 Chanel bags back then. Since this photo was taken, she added the manta ray boy bag, the horrible plastic tartan one, and a camera bag. For all that money she could have bought herself an amazing engagement ring without having to get pregnant with Fishy.
😂 Y'all I've been keeping this inside for so long but need to confess. Some of the stuff you guys think is ugly AF over the years on here and GG is stuff that I find cute and would wear or have similar pieces. There's also a ton she purchases that I agree is hideous.

But no shade since I'm not dumb enough to prioritize material objects over a real estate portfolio, have Tattle-worthy drama, and I'm not prancing on socials claiming to be a fashion savvy #girlboss so keep the critique of her choices coming!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
😂 Y'all I've been keeping this inside for so long but need to confess. Some of the stuff you guys think is ugly AF over the years on here and GG is stuff that I find cute and would wear or have similar pieces. There's also a ton she purchases that I agree is hideous.
Wear what you love, @aol! I too enjoy some of Elle's pieces that have been called fugly (mostly bags; I don't find anything in her clothing enviable).

I think the issue is more that Elle professes to be all about a classic, adaptable, business-friendly look and then shows up in a video in outfits that are clearly none of those things. Reality is she doesn't have a great sense of style or what works for her body (it's OK, no one is perfect) but when offering advice on the internet one should be aware of what works for the masses. Tartan Chanel bags and purple leopard print blouses do not have mass appeal despite what Elle claims

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Unplanned pregnancymas: A #girlboss guide to creating a life you want to hide 🎣

Barefoot and pregnant in Seattle: Baby fish on the way, the only way Elle can make a man stay

Orchard yoga retreat in Seattle: A baby fish with a vapid Elle means a lifetime for the Midwest fisherman in hell

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Unplanned pregnancymas: A #girlboss guide to creating a life you want to hide 🎣

Barefoot and pregnant in Seattle: Baby fish on the way, the only way Elle can make a man stay

Orchard yoga retreat in Seattle: A baby fish with a vapid Elle means a lifetime for the Midwest fisherman in hell
Your first one is great.

• Heart
Wear what you love, @aol! I too enjoy some of Elle's pieces that have been called fugly (mostly bags; I don't find anything in her clothing enviable).

I think the issue is more that Elle professes to be all about a classic, adaptable, business-friendly look and then shows up in a video in outfits that are clearly none of those things. Reality is she doesn't have a great sense of style or what works for her body (it's OK, no one is perfect) but when offering advice on the internet one should be aware of what works for the masses. Tartan Chanel bags and purple leopard print blouses do not have mass appeal despite what Elle claims
I think she was a little more classic when she was doing the what to wear to work videos, but it veered off when she moved to the US (maybe she was taken in by all of our focus on "trendy" pieces and did it poorly). The blazer, cardigan, blouse routine was when I got pulled in by her and although doing her whole accessorized outfit was never for me, I got some ideas for work wear. Thing is all of that made no sense once she left her job in Canada, and it's been a jumbled mess of style since then.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.