Elle Florence #16 Fisherman Did Well. Forever Linked to Elle. Can't Unring That Bell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @boredstrom for the thread title, but really, thanks to Fisherman for making this brand new era of Mommy Elle possible.

' According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the average cost of raising a child to age 18 was $233,610 as of 2015. '

What do you folks think? Think Elle can get that to 2,336,100? Think the dream team of Fisherman and Mama G can write those kind of checks?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Was anyone weirded out when she talked down towards the Calvin Klein heels by calling them cheap shoes? I looked on the Nordstrom website and they're $74.99 USD in the sale. That's not cheap for families financially struggling since the pandemic. Specifically using the term "cheap" rubbed me the wrong way and reminded me of her constant disregard towards others.

Reactions: 16
Second trimester and still no ring. His family must loathe her. It was awkward when Elle held up the photo and said 'our daughter,' since she never introduced her boyfriend to her viewers. It really highlighted that they're together because of the baby. She's going to use that kid to manipulate him for the rest of her life.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She could have had so much more views had she uploaded a video entitled « why I’ve been gone… ». And her cradling her bump in the thumbnail. Why is she semi hiding it in a haul? What do you guys think? It bugs me so much!

Reactions: 10
Was anyone weirded out when she talked down towards the Calvin Klein heels by calling them cheap shoes? I looked on the Nordstrom website and they're $74.99 USD in the sale. That's not cheap for families financially struggling since the pandemic. Specifically using the term "cheap" rubbed me the wrong way and reminded me of her constant disregard towards others.
I LOVE that. Are you taking notes Fisherman? $75 shoes? Cheap! Heck, almost 'wear once and throw them away' level disposable! And this is coming from a woman who has historically required HUNDREDS of pairs of shoes and STILL buys more. You're in for some fun!

Reactions: 11
I found that annoying too. Sure, CK isn't Chanel but at the same time it was a totally unnecessary purchase (she has tons of shoes already) and they looked fine. I'd say they're probably better quality overall than her crappy jewellery from Aliexpress that she resells for $400.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That and the fact that she thought the shoes "might only last a season or two" . Really tells you the thought and consideration she has towards others and money. She has hundreds of shoes and she clearly must not take care of them if she thinks shoes that are 75 on sale "are cheap" and "won't last more than a season or two" .

Shoes get worn out that's how it is. But if you are spending 75 on a pair of heels and plan on destroying them within a year or two, you have a messed up view on money. Esp for shoes she's not wearing everyday to work. Those were clearly occasion shoes.

Reactions: 9
Sure, CK isn't Chanel but at the same time it was a totally unnecessary purchase (she has tons of shoes already) and they looked fine.
Elle actually considers Chanel a discount brand. I remember a video where she justified buying Chanel ballet flats because they are cheaper than Gucci loafers or mules. Those flats are over 700 euro! This was during the high-spending Vancouver era but still, what a lack of judgement and so tone deaf to her audience.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
That and the fact that she thought the shoes "might only last a season or two" . Really tells you the thought and consideration she has towards others and money. She has hundreds of shoes and she clearly must not take care of them if she thinks shoes that are 75 on sale "are cheap" and "won't last more than a season or two" .

Shoes get worn out that's how it is. But if you are spending 75 on a pair of heels and plan on destroying them within a year or two, you have a messed up view on money. Esp for shoes she's not wearing everyday to work. Those were clearly occasion shoes.
She next featured a Cole Haan shoe and seemed happier since the brand is more costly than CK. Funny enough, I had a pair from the same brand break on me less than one season into wearing them! They weren't even daily shoes, just special occasion ones that I took care of.

The only time something has worn out on me in 1-2 seasons is due to weather damage and/or hours of walking in them daily. Since she is residing in the U.S. in an area with a bigger culture of driving, those heels can last way more than half a year! She'll simply discard them because Elle found something new to purchase. Easy to be such a gross consumerist when her mother is paying for those shoes.

I admit that I own a decent amount of shoes, but I actually wear them until they break unlike Elle. No regrets on my collection since I'm careful with my purchases to ensure that they'll be a good buy long-term. Being cognizant of how different brands wear over time is the key to having future purchases that last for years. Elle doesn't wear the same pair of shoes long enough to tell!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Didn’t she not understand why people were learning to make bread in the beginning of the pandemic? I remember people talking about that in previous posts. Her comment about $75 shoes isn’t that far off the mark for her. 🤷‍♀️

If she really wants Fishy to marry her, she can’t be gloating about her “bargain” $75 shoes around his parents. 🤣🤣🤣 I can only imagine the mortified looks on their faces when they realize what kind of woman their son brought home to them.

Reactions: 8
I LOVE that. Are you taking notes Fisherman? $75 shoes? Cheap! Heck, almost 'wear once and throw them away' level disposable! And this is coming from a woman who has historically required HUNDREDS of pairs of shoes and STILL buys more. You're in for some fun!

The CK shoes will end up on her "closet resale" IG after being worn 1-2 times 😅😅

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Elle is out of touch!

The Nordstrom Baby Reveal video was weird. She didn't include any details about when she realized she was pregnant, how far along she was when she found out, how she felt about it, telling her mom, etc. It was a very controlled story and coupled with a Nordstrom Anniversary sale haul:rolleyes: So weird!

Why didn't she make two separate videos?

Reactions: 14
Elle is out of touch!

The Nordstrom Baby Reveal video was weird. She didn't include any details about when she realized she was pregnant, how far along she was when she found out, how she felt about it, telling her mom, etc. It was a very controlled story and coupled with a Nordstrom Anniversary sale haul:rolleyes: So weird!

Why didn't she make two separate videos?
It's so weird but not unusual for Elle. Remember when she announced she was engaged? That video was a Nashville travel video and then in the last ten seconds she inserted a picture of her ring and said she got engaged on a mountain in West Virginia or something. She knew, like she does for this video, that if she makes a video about the big event people will be confused and leave unwelcome comments. Easier to hide it in a haul video to avoid scrutiny.

• Wow
  • Haha
Unlike with her trying to act like Rick never happened, she isnt going to be able to hide little Lavender Perle so well if things go south. Unless she dumps her with grand-mare Ginette

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can we please have a poll in the next thread to vote on baby names???

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My guess is Evelyn (Evie for short)... think with her granny taste in clothes she'd err more towards a traditional name... maybe Gigi for middle name so it's close to Mama G 🤣

Also she probably wants her mini me to have a name that starts with E 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I didn't catch this part so I guess I stopped paying attention at some point in the video, but I'm really not surprised. I've never been to DryBar but this is someone who, at one point, almost exclusively had them wash her hair. :LOL: She is no stranger to self-indulgence and is the Queen of Treating Herself. She also has 5,000 cashmere sweaters, some probably still in a storage locker somewhere. Financially struggling are words not in her vocabulary; that's why she couldn't keep up with the pretense of thrifting and DIY house improvements when she was with Rick. She had to skidaddle out of there at a swift clip.

• Haha
She hid her LinkedIn profile a while back. Do you guys think it’s because she wants to hide the fact that she wasn’t actually a practicing lawyer in Canada from potential clients, employers…and perhaps her baby daddy? I’m sure she concocted quite the tall tale about her illustrious career in Vancouver :p

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.