Elle Florence #15 Bottle Blonde and Chanel by the Pond, How Long until Fisherman Figures Out the Con?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe I'm saying this but she was way better when she had a life to brag about. She needs to find another Chris or Joe.

She was an entertaining trainwreck with the occasional good tip back then.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I can't believe I'm saying this but she was way better when she had a life to brag about. She needs to find another Chris or Joe.

She was an entertaining trainwreck with the occasional good tip back then.
She should date a chef! And they would open a restaurant together « Maison Le coq 🐓 « . Belgian waffles dripping in Grand Marnier called « gaufres à la Ginette ». Her life would be a sequel of ratatouille meeting 50 shades of butter! Loves it (Paris Hilton baby voice).

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She should date a chef! And they would open a restaurant together « Maison Le coq 🐓 « . Belgian waffles dripping in Grand Marnier called « gaufres à la Ginette ». Her life would be a sequel of ratatouille meeting 50 shades of butter! Loves it (Paris Hilton baby voice).
She already gave that a shot. It was such a flash in the pan that she didn't even correct people when Rick slithered into her DM's and her Karens thought Rick and the chef were the same dude.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She already gave that a shot. It was such a flash in the pan that she didn't even correct people when Rick slithered into her DM's and her Karens thought Rick and the chef were the same dude.
He was a chef? I thought he was a wannabe music producer single dad who wrote that crappy Santa Bebe duet. 🤣🤣🤣 The only thing that was food related was his preference for barbecue.

About earlier comments of Elle not having friends. She seems content not having any and prefers to draw her emotional support from Ginette or a partner. Not that either are really good emotionally, but she doesn’t seem interested in having real friends. She seems more invested in having people admire her. I find it sad, but no one can force her to find friends when she is not interested.

As far as looking for other “gurus” to follow since Elle is such a trainwreck and far removed from her previous life, what I’ve learned after watching all these terrible, narcissistic people (not just Elle but a slew of other YouTubers who’ve lost their brilliance with me) is that you should never solely rely on these YouTubers or influencers or celebrities or any so-called experts as icons/friends and find your own style. They’re only there to offer ideas or suggestions but really, they’re just as fallible as any other person you’d meet on the street.

In any case, I hope she has found some happiness with that hillbilly boyfriend of hers, if they’re still together. Maybe she found the one who has been able to tolerate all that neediness, vapidness, and fakery she exudes.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
He was a chef? I thought he was a wannabe music producer single dad who wrote that crappy Santa Bebe duet. 🤣🤣🤣 The only thing that was food related was his preference for barbecue.

About earlier comments of Elle not having friends. She seems content not having any and prefers to draw her emotional support from Ginette or a partner. Not that either are really good emotionally, but she doesn’t seem interested in having real friends. She seems more invested in having people admire her. I find it sad, but no one can force her to find friends when she is not interested.

As far as looking for other “gurus” to follow since Elle is such a trainwreck and far removed from her previous life, what I’ve learned after watching all these terrible, narcissistic people (not just Elle but a slew of other YouTubers who’ve lost their brilliance with me) is that you should never solely rely on these YouTubers or influencers or celebrities or any so-called experts as icons/friends and find your own style. They’re only there to offer ideas or suggestions but really, they’re just as fallible as any other person you’d meet on the street.

In any case, I hope she has found some happiness with that hillbilly boyfriend of hers, if they’re still together. Maybe she found the one who has been able to tolerate all that neediness, vapidness, and fakery she exudes.
I could be confusing her failed relationships (there have been so many) but I remembered SS as having a BBQ restaurant.

Reactions: 4
I could be confusing her failed relationships (there have been so many) but I remembered SS as having a BBQ restaurant.
I don’t think he owed the BBQ restaurant but maybe he did. We all just thought he must love BBQ for Elle to get a BBQ company to cater her 30th birthday party held at her moms house.

Reactions: 7
We all just thought he must love BBQ for Elle to get a BBQ company to cater her 30th birthday party held at her moms house.
And in true Elle fashion, suddenly having an interest in BBQ and country music seemed so off-brand for her that it was clear she was doing it for a man!

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I totally agree. Influencers are mostly liars who are paid to shill for this or that. They have not responsibility toward their subscribers because money is what they want. As for where to go to get advice. I like Pinterest for ideas. It always worked for me and no annoying YouTubers to lie to us.

Reactions: 8
It's normal to have a small inner circle but Elle doesn't seem to have long term relationships of any kind outside of Ginette, and that just can't be healthy. She would really benefit from a few strong, female friendships. We're all past the point of no return now, but I'm not ashamed to admit that once upon a time, when we all discovered Elle at the beginning, that many of us were interested in her content and even potentially being friends with her. This is also Elle's problem with men...she hooks them in at the beginning because she seems to have her life together, but then they discover how she really is and they're turned off. If Eleanor had just gotten to know a GG or Tattle gossiper or two, and really took their advice to heart, she'd have some honest friends and would probably be in a way better situation than she is now. Instead she has mama G who enables her daughter's every whim and actively contributes to Elle's poor decision making.

If Eleanor was my friend, there is no way I would've supported the Rick fiasco or the Seattle move during a global pandemic. If Elle had just given herself some time to heal, and stayed in Vancouver, she'd probably be engaged or even married to another Joe type. Nerdy lawyers with stereotypical male interests who want a wannabe Stepford wife are a dime a dozen in Vancouver.

• Heart
I totally agree. Influencers are mostly liars who are paid to shill for this or that. They have not responsibility toward their subscribers because money is what they want. As for where to go to get advice. I like Pinterest for ideas. It always worked for me and no annoying YouTubers to lie to us.
Like, I get wanting to find and watch influencers who have the same or similar career as you and listening to their style tips but at the end of the day you should do you and figure out your own style. These people make money off your views and you clicking on their links and most of these influencers become predatory due to greed and vanity. 🤷‍♀️ Elle is far from an actual influencer but her greed knows no bounds as we’ve seen countless times before. I don’t care how “nice” or put together a youtuber portrays themselves, I always think there’s some sort of ulterior motive. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be on YouTube or Instagram or TikTok, etc.

This isn’t even new. People heavily rely on motivational speakers, spiritual gurus, advice columnists and spend too much money and time on these people when at the end of the day maybe it’s better to try and do your own independent thinking and live life on your terms.

It's normal to have a small inner circle but Elle doesn't seem to have long term relationships of any kind outside of Ginette, and that just can't be healthy. She would really benefit from a few strong, female friendships. We're all past the point of no return now, but I'm not ashamed to admit that once upon a time, when we all discovered Elle at the beginning, that many of us were interested in her content and even potentially being friends with her. This is also Elle's problem with men...she hooks them in at the beginning because she seems to have her life together, but then they discover how she really is and they're turned off. If Eleanor had just gotten to know a GG or Tattle gossiper or two, and really took their advice to heart, she'd have some honest friends and would probably be in a way better situation than she is now. Instead she has mama G who enables her daughter's every whim and actively contributes to Elle's poor decision making.

If Eleanor was my friend, there is no way I would've supported the Rick fiasco or the Seattle move during a global pandemic. If Elle had just given herself some time to heal, and stayed in Vancouver, she'd probably be engaged or even married to another Joe type. Nerdy lawyers with stereotypical male interests who want a wannabe Stepford wife are a dime a dozen in Vancouver.
Oh, lol, I definitely don’t think it’s healthy she doesn’t have friends AT ALL, but she is a stubborn person and I doubt she is motivated to change and try and make friends. She’s already in her 30s and to this day still lacks any introspection. if she did have any she’d realize she needs a therapist more than a husband. 🤣🤣🤣

People on this forum gives her good advice all the time. She reads here but she doesn't take any of the good advice, just the bad ones.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People on this forum gives her good advice all the time. She reads here but she doesn't take any of the good advice, just the bad ones.
Yeah, like move to Seattle and find a tech bro as they are low hanging fruit there. That was really bad advice that someone here gave her.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yeah, like move to Seattle and find a tech bro as they are low hanging fruit there. That was really bad advice that someone here gave her.
Actually that wasn't the worst advice for someone like Elle. Seattle does have an insane ratio of young men to women, and nerdy guys with a good job are very common there. That's always been Eleanor's type, given she doesn't go for objectively handsome guys with a lot of options. Her plan has always been to trap a man with a good income who wouldn't have many options without his money.

Reactions: 10
LOL I think I gave her that advice. Sorry Elle. I was kidding when I posted that founder hounder article. Leveraged Sellout is satire. Sorry, hun.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Eh, she’s so flippant with every aspect of her life it’s not like anyone here knows whether she’d take what people say seriously or not. But TBH I can’t recall anyone giving truly bad advice on here. Does anyone have any good examples?

Even when she moved to Seattle, most people said her it wasn’t a good idea, but it was also realistic since it wasn’t that far from Vancouver. She’d have horrible culture shock if she tried to live anywhere else in the United States because she’s weird and sheltered. Not to mention this was after her break up with Rick, whom everyone universally agreed was an awful guy. The best advice would have been to just go back to Vancouver (which a lot of people said!), but Seattle wasn’t really that horrible or far off, either.

Reactions: 7
Eh, she’s so flippant with every aspect of her life it’s not like anyone here knows whether she’d take what people say seriously or not. But TBH I can’t recall anyone giving truly bad advice on here. Does anyone have any good examples?

Even when she moved to Seattle, most people said her it wasn’t a good idea, but it was also realistic since it wasn’t that far from Vancouver. She’d have horrible culture shock if she tried to live anywhere else in the United States because she’s weird and sheltered. Not to mention this was after her break up with Rick, whom everyone universally agreed was an awful guy. The best advice would have been to just go back to Vancouver (which a lot of people said!), but Seattle wasn’t really that horrible or far off, either.
She burnt a ton of bridges in Vancouver. She abandoned her cubicle job and 'sorority girls' for some granola old man with delusions of grandeur. She swapped her rented downtown loft-y apartment for some retirement village bungalow where Rickets didn't even own a bed frame.
I don't think her pride allowed her to return to Vancouver and she might have been not even that upset when she failed that job interview to regain her old role.

Regardless of what was in her head when she decided that Seattle was the place to be, she seems to have failed to realize that men are men. If you're in a codependent relationship with mummy and act like a lazy scammer who just wants to spend the guy's money, it doesn't matter if you're in Paris, Washington, Cape Town - people will see through your BS.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Elle wants it all and doesn't realize it isn't possible. She wants a guy who will give her money to go shop around and do whatever she wants. But she also wants a guy who adores her without her having to open up or be vulnerable or have to give a tit about his interests. She also wants a guy who wants a housewife and mom, but she also wants to be able to do whatever she wants. At least here in the Midwest if you find a guy who wants a traditional housewife odds are he's going to make a fuss if you spend too much of "his money" (gag) and he's not going to let Elle do what she wants. She wants the idealized version of a 1950s marriage with 1990s hyperconsumer white middle class version of feminism.

Unless she makes her own money and marries someone who see her as an equal. (Which she doesn't want, she wants someone to take care of her, and she seems to want to be infantalized) she won't get that life she really wants. Someone who sees her as her equal would be ok with her being her own person and staying home to take care of the kids if that is their shared goal. Someone who loves her would support her joy of shopping but would also hold her accountable (something she can't handle).

But she goes for these guys who want control and power over women (I'm assuming Rick is in this category) because it is easy to get into a relationship with these kinds of guys and they find people like elle more appealing than head strong highly opinionated women.

If you don't know who you really are and can't be honsest and vulnerable with people you won't make that connection with someone. And without that connection and respect no one will put up with anyone's lesser qualities.

Reactions: 15
Elle wants it all and doesn't realize it isn't possible. She wants a guy who will give her money to go shop around and do whatever she wants. But she also wants a guy who adores her without her having to open up or be vulnerable or have to give a tit about his interests. She also wants a guy who wants a housewife and mom, but she also wants to be able to do whatever she wants. At least here in the Midwest if you find a guy who wants a traditional housewife odds are he's going to make a fuss if you spend too much of "his money" (gag) and he's not going to let Elle do what she wants. She wants the idealized version of a 1950s marriage with 1990s hyperconsumer white middle class version of feminism.

Unless she makes her own money and marries someone who see her as an equal. (Which she doesn't want, she wants someone to take care of her, and she seems to want to be infantalized) she won't get that life she really wants. Someone who sees her as her equal would be ok with her being her own person and staying home to take care of the kids if that is their shared goal. Someone who loves her would support her joy of shopping but would also hold her accountable (something she can't handle).

But she goes for these guys who want control and power over women (I'm assuming Rick is in this category) because it is easy to get into a relationship with these kinds of guys and they find people like elle more appealing than head strong highly opinionated women.

If you don't know who you really are and can't be honsest and vulnerable with people you won't make that connection with someone. And without that connection and respect no one will put up with anyone's lesser qualities.
This.

Elle wants the best of all worlds (be a housewife but spends her husband's money frivolously, and does whatever she wants) but doesn't have more to offer herself in terms of personality, personal success, or looks.

Reactions: 10
She burnt a ton of bridges in Vancouver. She abandoned her cubicle job and 'sorority girls' for some granola old man with delusions of grandeur. She swapped her rented downtown loft-y apartment for some retirement village bungalow where Rickets didn't even own a bed frame.
I don't think her pride allowed her to return to Vancouver and she might have been not even that upset when she failed that job interview to regain her old role.

Regardless of what was in her head when she decided that Seattle was the place to be, she seems to have failed to realize that men are men. If you're in a codependent relationship with mummy and act like a lazy scammer who just wants to spend the guy's money, it doesn't matter if you're in Paris, Washington, Cape Town - people will see through your BS.
True, I agree with everything you said but is moving back to Vancouver really bad advice? Or even Seattle? She burned bridges in Can but she can always pull her big girl pants on and make do with what resources she has (even if it’s not a lot, lmao 🤣).

Someone said Elle only listens to bad advice here, but I really can’t think of anyone who’s said anything remotely bad advice wise. The only thing bad here is that we talk trash about her. 🤣🤣🤣 I think someone mentioned she should read “Why Men Love B*tches” which I thought was just tacky and awful but with good intentions.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.