Elle Florence #13 I Got 99 Problems but Cashmere Hoarding Ain't One!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You'd need to add a zero. Elle operates at a level where $10,000 is a chair and a few candles.
Elle, needs to be here in California. A million dollars gets you a house, sensible car, and pays off your student loans and that is about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This is an unkind observation, but factual: the cutting board has outlasted her relationships, aside from Mama G.

She came up on my feed at the start of the pandemic and I was kind of curious. Who is this pretentious person? She loves pashminas, cheesy smizes, terrible catwalks, and dramatic gazes to the side - but I'm mesmerized. My life is crazy busy and her la la land is a comedic escape for me. I thought I couldn't be the only one and googled her and discovered this awesome group. I didn't even know this website existed. After reading about her past, I'm INVESTED.
2 questions:
1. What's your Elle journey?
2. Is it just me, or does she pronounce Christmas as "Grissmas"?
Lol, speaking of her pronunciations: https://tattle.life/wiki/elle-florence/

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I began my Elle journey around 2016 when she was dating Chris. At that time, she really had it together. She wore nice clothes, had a decent desk job, was in a long term relationship. It's very rare for a woman of her age of have everything together. I took a lot of inspiration from Elle including wearing pearls (you can find pearl jewelry for pretty cheap if you know where to look, or even make your own!, < $100), cashmeres, booties, etc...Other influencers also introduced me to BBW, Lush, David's Tea, etc... I grew up with immigrant parents and though they were upper-middle class I would say, they were very frugal and never splurged on these things. I really appreciated getting to know about these things, mainly as I was earning my own money, it was nice to have little luxuries for myself.

Then I noticed Elle's inconsistencies and crazies. It was her running after men, the constant shopping, the cluttered and dirty apartments, the quitting of her job and running away to Florida. She has so much "stuff" it was like clutter. And she doesn't take care of her expensive handbags. And if a man wants you, he'll be running after you. He'll move for you, come and visit you. I'm like girl...if a man wants you, he'll move mountains for you. If you have to run after him, he's just not that into you. I knew she was making grave mistakes but Ginette spoils her rotten.

So now we are watching this train wreck happen. I still watch old videos of Elle and I enjoy it. I also stopped buying things for myself. After a while, things are just things and it gets old. I prefer to spend on experiences now - weekend trips, hobbies (sports mostly). Elle taught me what NOT to do with my life.

ETA: I think Elle should stop with the glimmer eyeshadow. I think matte eyeshadows and brown eye pencil would be better and look more natural.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
And if a man wants you, he'll be running after you. He'll move for you, come and visit you. I'm like girl...if a man wants you, he'll move mountains for you.
Men don't even move molehills for her! I did find it disrespectful and sad when Rick visited Vancouver once while Elle spent an entire summer zipping between Vancouver and various parts of the USA. That should have been a huge warning sign! But then again, they were engaged after four months so not the two most level-headed people around.

Reactions: 12
I also find it strange that Elle has so many bags but not the Chanel medium flap in black with gold or silver hardware. Wouldn't it better to spend the money on THE luxury bag??? She has so many various bags she bought on discount but in reality, you only need 1 fancy bag and it's best to buy that one rather than that hideous green Chanel flap, the various Loulous in unpopular colors.

You don't need luxury bags to go shopping at Costco or whatever (I mean you can but it's so unnecessary). You only need that one bag you can wear to any fancy event and most beginner collectors all go for the Chanel medium flap in caviar leather with gold or silver hardware. Elle already has the LV totes so in reality, that's all she needs.

Reactions: 8
I also find it strange that Elle has so many bags but not the Chanel medium flap in black with gold or silver hardware. Wouldn't it better to spend the money on THE luxury bag??? She has so many various bags she bought on discount but in reality, you only need 1 fancy bag and it's best to buy that one rather than that hideous green Chanel flap, the various Loulous in unpopular colors.

You don't need luxury bags to go shopping at Costco or whatever (I mean you can but it's so unnecessary). You only need that one bag you can wear to any fancy event and most beginner collectors all go for the Chanel medium flap in caviar leather with gold or silver hardware. Elle already has the LV totes so in reality, that's all she needs.
It's more more more with this chick.

She doesn't need to dress up, her nasty personality and lack of hygiene are her year-round Halloween ensemble.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When Elle does vlogs, you get the impression she is doing it to show off. Her voice is irritating. She's very narcissistic I think.

Reactions: 6
Do you think she got sweets for the trick treaters or closed all the blinds and pretended no-one is home to avoid the spend on something not Chanel & not for her?

• Haha
I am trying to remember which apartment came first...it's hard since she's taken down so many of her videos. But I think my Elle Journey began when she had a city apartment- she would film on a balcony? At one point she would film work outfits down in a park.

I was fascinated and put off by her videos, so I didn't always watch...unsubscribed a couple times. I vaguely remember her video when Chris broke up with her. Gave her videos a break again, then got sucked in during Joe-era. I also went back and watched her England series. I didn't watch much of Rick-era. The two of them together are too much for me. But with him out of the picture, I resumed. Then her posting was sporadic enough after her failed engagement that here we are.

Reactions: 6
What kind of hat is on my head, now? Is there a special Ice Cream Day?

• Haha
What kind of hat is on my head, now? Is there a special Ice Cream Day?
They look like sombreros, likely for Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead) festivities which run from October 31 to November 2. I thought Tattle was British but maybe they are diversifying their holidays 😀

Reactions: 7
Elle's videos are like guilty pleasures for me. I don't take any inspiration from her nowadays.

I am trying to remember which apartment came first...it's hard since she's taken down so many of her videos. But I think my Elle Journey began when she had a city apartment- she would film on a balcony? At one point she would film work outfits down in a park.
Yeah, she would often film in communal areas of the apartments she was living in -- courtyards, rooftop patios, green spaces, and the like. I always found that odd, because as someone who lives in an apartment with a communal green space, I rarely see anyone "take over". Even if they do (for a kid's birthday party, for example), it's for an hour or two at the most. You've got 50 apartments directly overlooking you and people coming and going. By filming, it essentially ruins the communal vibe of the space because who wants to be filmed by a stranger waltzing around slowly? Such an odd one, our Elle.

Reactions: 9
Yeah, she would often film in communal areas of the apartments she was living in -- courtyards, rooftop patios, green spaces, and the like. I always found that odd, because as someone who lives in an apartment with a communal green space, I rarely see anyone "take over". Even if they do (for a kid's birthday party, for example), it's for an hour or two at the most. You've got 50 apartments directly overlooking you and people coming and going. By filming, it essentially ruins the communal vibe of the space because who wants to be filmed by a stranger waltzing around slowly? Such an odd one, our Elle.
I think she WANTED to be noticed prancing around in communal areas, so strangers would think she’s an influencer.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Do you think she got sweets for the trick treaters or closed all the blinds and pretended no-one is home to avoid the spend on something not Chanel & not for her?
I think she either didn't open the door at all because she wasn't wearing makeup and didn't want to be mistaken for a witch or she did open and gave them a Sephora sample or one of her own culinary creations such as those ginger cookies that resemble 💩

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.