Elle Florence #13 I Got 99 Problems but Cashmere Hoarding Ain't One!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found Elle's channel while looking for Vancouver vloggers (I used to live in Vancouver). I started watching her shortly after she moved in with Chris. Her pretentiousness and the "I have it all" attitude hooked me in... I was like is this girl for real? She must have haters... so I googled her, and found her Guru Gossip threads.

I have to admit I love hate watching her vlogmass videos 😂 and her Joe days content. Following her life is like watching a soap opera at times.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I started following Elle when she was living with Chris and was planing on making changes to his apartment. Googled her then and found the GG thread and there has been no turning back. Like @CanadianGal2018 said. It's been like a soap opera since.

Reactions: 10
I don't remember how I found Elle but it was while she had just moved in with Chris. I thought "Oh cool, she seems nice and seems to dress professional".....then I gradually chanced my opinion. Tbh even if I like the person, I find their thread on GG or here, it's always fun to learn more.

Reactions: 9
Finding Elle . . .

I worked at an investment bank in NYC for two years ending spectacularly with the crash. Carrying your stuff out of your office in the middle of the night while dodging news reporters was a really sobering experience when it comes to money and materialism. I stay in touch with a group of friends from finance who all went through the same stuff and one of them was dropping Elle vids in our chat for everyone to enjoy. This was early Joe era and we all laughed at how she lived like some overblown parody of us at our absolute worst before the crash. She was like this awesome cartoon of a really funny time in our lives.

Then Joe left and all her tit fell apart and it became about watching her keep a stiff upper lip as Rome burned all around her. I still watch, because to Elle, it's eternally 2006 and no one is going to convince her or her credit card otherwise.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I found Elle's channel while looking for Vancouver vloggers (I used to live in Vancouver). I started watching her shortly after she moved in with Chris. Her pretentiousness and the "I have it all" attitude hooked me in... I was like is this girl for real? She must have haters... so I googled her, and found her Guru Gossip threads.

I have to admit I love hate watching her vlogmass videos 😂 and her Joe days content. Following her life is like watching a soap opera at times.
I was also sucked in by her Joe era vlogmas videos! They were actually pretty good, and then combined with her smugness, it was like hate-watch heaven lol

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I found Elle through Chase Amie. They did a collab together for Christmas gifts. I think this was pre Joe. Definitely after Chris. Kept watching because I live in Vancouver and there aren’t many Vancouver-based fashion and lifestyle channels. I remember really liking her food videos and I thought her content was pretty good.

Most of my friends don’t live downtown and I don’t live downtown, so it was interesting to watch someone’s day to day living and working in DT Vancouver.

Like many of you, I just couldn’t stop watching the train wreck of constant shopping and materialism. Even bought some pearls, didn’t like them. That was around the time I found GG, and here we are.

Reactions: 12
i also found Elle through Chase Amie - since they were frequent collaborators her videos kept getting recommended, but something about her thumbnails didnt really appeal to me so i never clicked (i think it was the pageant hair and 1950’s housewife vibe).

when i started growing wary of Chase Amie and came to realise she was basically another faux influencer with a serious shopping addiction, i stumbled across GG and Tattle and found that for some reason Elle Florence had 4 times more threads than her…so i took a peek. HOLLY MOLLY. the drama. the revolving door of exes. the hideous fashion. the zero awareness. the faking of accents, heritage and job descriptions! the hideous merch! the ongoing trainwreck…it became guilty entertainment 🍿🍿

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Even bought some pearls, didn’t like them. That was around the time I found GG, and here we are.
I'd wager a lot of people who read and post here are disappointed former customers of her side hustles. Years ago I waved goodbye to some money on an influencer's kickstarter and wasn't surprised to see a bunch of gossip threads spring up about that person. They were busy for a while but fizzled after the person slinked off into obscurity.

Things have fizzled a lot with Elle because she doesn't provide any content lately. I have a feeling that's going to change in a big way though. I think the result of her 'special weekend' involved snagging the fisherman on her line in some way. Agreeing to move in at the very least, and maybe even an engagement. She can only keep something like that to herself for so long. This is the same Elle, after all.

Reactions: 13
Is she sending out jewelry for free now to get some publicity?
that pair of Pearl studs looks so cheap, almost plastic like!!

New video!! it’s probably the same old tit so I haven’t even bothered watching it. Here’s the link in any case -

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
that pair of Pearl studs looks so cheap, almost plastic like!!

New video!! it’s probably the same old tit so I haven’t even bothered watching it. Here’s the link in any case -

thank you - couldnt last watching her blabbing on and on…

highlight was her going on about buying an expensive reading chair to one day sit in her jewelled toned library (complete with leather bound volumes and crystal ash trays). does she not realise how much of a downpayment she would need to own the type of home she’s picturing?? she wont be able to buy it if she spends all her scarf/costume jewellery earnings on more cashmere tops and furniture when she has already has multiples rotting in storage 🙄🙄 clearly she’s expecting a man to provide this for her…hope fisherman makes good $$$$

Reactions: 9
She's gone off the bleeping deep end. She's planning on selling leather totes. But ones made to her weird specific specifications. (Apparently the sample is too big for her frame, it is a tote bag I see tiny 4'11 girls with neverfull GMs and they pull it off) And she goes on this manic rant about a crusty old chair that is 8K that she wants for her fictional Lie-berry (library for the rest of us). Holy cow.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
The kind of chair she wants as a passing the bar present for herself looks like the couch in the apartment she and Joe shared, no? Her apt is already so cramped. Where the hell is she gonna put the chair? In the middle of her kitchen??

other than the branded handles, the bag she wants to create looks just like the very popular Madewell bag. Or the one by Cuyana… no creativity…surprise surprise

She’s burning through money left and right isn’t she? That pizza oven is not cheap. The new set of Away luggage isn’t cheap.

I can't with her... to the point that I am actually kind of nauseated watching. I think I have to tap out from watching her videos; I skipped around but couldn't finish.

She is the definition of vapid. Nobody "treats herself" more than Eleonore Lecocq. It's actually painful to watch her.

Reactions: 17
Only Elle would talk about a $450 cardigan, legal textbook on software contracts, and a carry-on bag (for her trips to fishing cabins, no doubt) in a favourites video. It's just a tally of her purchases, and a way to show off her spending.

She needs to change the title of these videos to "things I buy with my mother's credit card to fill the void in my soul." Her constant consumption of stuff is grotesque and I think she has deeper issues she needs professional help with.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Only Elle would talk about a $450 cardigan, legal textbook on software contracts, and a carry-on bag (for her trips to fishing cabins, no doubt) in a favourites video. It's just a tally of her purchases, and a way to show off her spending.

She needs to change the title of these videos to "things I buy with my mother's credit card to fill the void in my soul." Her constant consumption of stuff is grotesque and I think she has deeper issues she needs professional help with.
She even talked about how she treats herself to a few "pieces" from some expensive cashmere line every year. Like that would be reasonable if that was the only sweater shopping she did each year. But that's just this month's shopping.

I think she justifies it in thinking that most people with extra income might buy one or two things for the new season. New shorts or jeans if the old ones don't fit or are ratty, maybe a new top etc. But she doesn't realize that she buys what would be a generous new season wardrobe by most people's standards every month. AND on top of that everything is at least 300 dollars.

She's incapable of doing anything thrifty aside from making her coffee at home and buying chicken thighs.

She even talked about how she treats herself to a few "pieces" from some expensive cashmere line every year. Like that would be reasonable if that was the only sweater shopping she did each year. But that's just this month's shopping.

I think she justifies it in thinking that most people with extra income might buy one or two things for the new season. New shorts or jeans if the old ones don't fit or are ratty, maybe a new top etc. But she doesn't realize that she buys what would be a generous new season wardrobe by most people's standards every month. AND on top of that everything is at least 300 dollars.

She's incapable of doing anything thrifty aside from making her coffee at home and buying chicken thighs.
You would have thought that having to get rid of mountains and mountains of clothes would made her realize maybe she has a shopping problem, but little did we know she was just making room to buy more cashmere. The woman literally cannot go through a week without buying stuff. Did she really also need a pizza oven? I bet her current carry-on is perfectly fine, but she had to buy the Away one simply because it’s green and matches her scarf - WTF? And she doesn’t have room in her cramped house for that leather chair she wants, but it’s already in her head that she must buy it to mark passing the Bar, as if it were a necessity to buy something material for every accomplishment in one’s life. Elle, here’s some advice: maybe buy the house before you buy the chair? You’ll be better off in the long run.

Reactions: 17
The chairs Elle wants are so expensive. She said $8000 USD. That's crazy for a chair - unless you have a large house maybe it's justified.

$8,000 USD for a chair is too much. Maybe to celebrate passing the bar, I'd go out for a meal and go to a spa or something. But $8,000 is almost like quarter of a downpayment for a house or something. That's crazy! It just shows Elle has no real understanding of money.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.