Elle Florence #13 I Got 99 Problems but Cashmere Hoarding Ain't One!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
$460 donated to Women’s Fund of Hawaii is 10% of her sales for the Hawaii Collection. So her sales for the Hawaii Collection were $4,600 (“sales” usually refers to gross revenue, and I doubt she calculated profit, considering she is the only employee, so I’m moving forward assuming it was $4,600 in gross revenue. Not that profit is too different from this for her — her raw supplies are cheap quality, and her labor is free. And by the quality of her jewelry, it looks it. Her costs are essentially $0.). Not sure what the average price for one piece of jewelry in this collection that she actually sold was, but if we assume it was $150, that means she sold around 30 pieces. She launched this Hawaii Collection Charity Fundraiser at the end of August, right? 30 pieces sold over 60 days of a new collection doesn’t seem to be a lot.

Reactions: 8
The fact that she posted her RECEIPTS of her donation. I know it’s a “damned if you do…” situation, that’s not what I’m referring to. I’m referring to the fact that she once again revealed that SHE READS GOSSIP SITES about herself, and needed to prove to the gossipers that she actually donated. Her Instagram followers didn’t question her previous fundraisers, WE did. 👋 Hi Elle.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The fact that she posted her RECEIPTS of her donation. I know it’s a “damned if you do…” situation, that’s not what I’m referring to. I’m referring to the fact that she once again revealed that SHE READS GOSSIP SITES about herself, and needed to prove to the gossipers that she actually donated. Her Instagram followers didn’t question her previous fundraisers, WE did. 👋 Hi Elle.
And we know her newfound habit of donating stemmed from gossip sites, too. After the Daily Hive backlash, she announced her first donation drive. Yet we know she could have easily donated $500+ in the Joe days, because that's what she was spending during an impromptu lunch visit to Club Monaco.

I'm a bit grossed out by Elle sharing the information page on that Hawaii charity. They support low-income/marginalized women, yet Elle is the person who blasted an UberEats driver for being involved in a car crash and delivering her pasta and pizza lukewarm and late. She does realize the people working those jobs are low-income, usually immigrants (at least here in Vancouver), and have no workers rights? They are treated like crap by their employers and the public. I bet she's the type to always tip 15% and not a cent more. God forbid the delivery man hauling your pasta in a rainstorm get an extra dollar that could go towards another Chanel bag.

Reactions: 10
$460 donated to Women’s Fund of Hawaii is 10% of her sales for the Hawaii Collection. So her sales for the Hawaii Collection were $4,600 (“sales” usually refers to gross revenue, and I doubt she calculated profit, considering she is the only employee, so I’m moving forward assuming it was $4,600 in gross revenue. Not that profit is too different from this for her — her raw supplies are cheap quality, and her labor is free. And by the quality of her jewelry, it looks it. Her costs are essentially $0.). Not sure what the average price for one piece of jewelry in this collection that she actually sold was, but if we assume it was $150, that means she sold around 30 pieces. She launched this Hawaii Collection Charity Fundraiser at the end of August, right? 30 pieces sold over 60 days of a new collection doesn’t seem to be a lot.
She probably spent all of the profits she would’ve gotten from this launch by now. We also need to factor in her ecom platform fees (she switched from Shopify to BigCommerce), plus she still has Google Search ads enabled. Any tools and packing materials, labels, postage. It’s all small stuff but it adds up. Of course, Elle wouldn’t bat an eyelash at all of these small things lol

Reactions: 6
And we know her newfound habit of donating stemmed from gossip sites, too. After the Daily Hive backlash, she announced her first donation drive. Yet we know she could have easily donated $500+ in the Joe days, because that's what she was spending during an impromptu lunch visit to Club Monaco.

I'm a bit grossed out by Elle sharing the information page on that Hawaii charity. They support low-income/marginalized women, yet Elle is the person who blasted an UberEats driver for being involved in a car crash and delivering her pasta and pizza lukewarm and late. She does realize the people working those jobs are low-income, usually immigrants (at least here in Vancouver), and have no workers rights? They are treated like crap by their employers and the public. I bet she's the type to always tip 15% and not a cent more. God forbid the delivery man hauling your pasta in a rainstorm get an extra dollar that could go towards another Chanel bag.
It's a shame she didn't include paying minimum tips in her 'ways to save up for a luxury purchase' video alongside not having cable TV and not buying takeout coffee 😂

She def isn't making as much. Didn't she have a pretty big donation after her pink corn pops pearl necklaces? I feel like that one suggested she made more like 13k

She def isn't making as much. Didn't she have a pretty big donation after her pink corn pops pearl necklaces? I feel like that one suggested she made more like 13k
Yeah, but that whole campaign seemed very fraudulent. That was the "HORK-eee-day" collection wasn't it? Didn't she get a bunch of donations all at once? Or no sales for a stretch until we started questioning it? I don't actually care what receipts she posts, I don't trust her one bit!

• Heart
Good for her. She’s a WA girl not a HI influencer
That post just PROVES how Smelle is constantly misrepresenting herself!!! She can sit back with her ugly smug face and defend it by saying "See you guys, I set the record straight..." but when you name the collection after Hawaii's cities and sights, take the majority of the marketing photos there and donate profits to a Hawaiian organization it MAKES IT APPEAR YOU'RE IN HAWAII!! She is right about one thing, she is a girl, a little girl without logic and common sense!

There are so many native Hawaiians who make very similar and even identical pearl jewelry. The mag should feature those businesses instead of claiming a Caucasian has roots in Hawaii. Many local vendors don't even have the "HI Luxury" of being able to donate because it would cut into their already small/possible negative profit margin. This isn't a jab at Elle but to the magazine itself. They clearly didn't do any actual research before featuring her. White privilege elitism 100%.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This isn't a jab at Elle but to the magazine itself. They clearly didn't do any actual research before featuring her. White privilege elitism 100%.
It's not a real magazine, it appears to be more like a tourist brochure about shopping that's basically 90% ads and 10% articles written by an intern. Elle's article is on the last page after an ad for a sushi stand and a dentist who does Botox 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It's not a real magazine, it appears to be more like a tourist brochure about shopping that's basically 90% ads and 10% articles written by an intern. Elle's article is on the last page after an ad for a sushi stand and a dentist who does Botox 😂
A dentist who does Botox. I’m dead. Thank you for making me laugh after an insane day. I was in a car accident with my rideshare driver that was both wild and bizarre. We’re both ok but I was still a bit frazzled. This made me DIE laughing. ⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰

A dentist who does Botox. I’m dead. Thank you for making me laugh after an insane day. I was in a car accident with my rideshare driver that was both wild and bizarre. We’re both ok but I was still a bit frazzled. This made me DIE laughing. ⚰⚰⚰⚰⚰
OMG I hope you're alright!! 😳

• Heart
Considering that the mag is a giant advertisement in glossy packaging, do you think Elle had to buy in for a feature? 🤔

Sending well wishes!

• Heart
OMG I hope you're alright!! 😳
All golden over here. Thank you so much for your concern. That’s so kind and lovely. ❤
The car wasn’t severely damaged, it was just a sh*t show situation. I was on the phone with a coworker and it sounded worse than the actual damage to the driver’s vehicle. He’s ok, I’m ok, the female driver in the other vehicle is ok. People drive like absolute trash in California so none of this is surprising. 🤷🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️

Considering that the mag is a giant advertisement in glossy packaging, do you think Elle had to buy in for a feature? 🤔

Sending well wishes!
Thanks so much. You are so kind. 🥰🥰🥰

I didn’t even think about Elle having to buy her way into that ad, but you are spot on. Publishing/advertising real estate takes coin. The publications generate their revenue off of ad sales so they don’t give away ANYTHING for free. 😹 Elle is a buffoon.

Omg! I forgot to share with our tattle fam that I was at my partner’s sister’s baby shower a few weekends ago. This woman walks up to me and my jaw dropped to the floor because she could have been an Elle doppelgänger. I. Was. Floored. This woman had a normal, nicer lip/mouth combo and has a real job but I was shook.

Similar Name? (For privacy reasons, I won’t share her name, but she even goes by a cutesy nickname like Elle.) CHECK.

Same coloring? CHECK.

Kooky? CHECK.

Trying to rock that 40s ladies day out dress silhouette? CHECK.

Pretty sure my “Elle” has a legitimate job tho. And she is a devout Christian and I believe was with her husband.

Even my partner thought this women could be a dead ringer for Elle. I’m still haunted that I thought she was an old time friend to my potential future SIL. Quelle horreur! 😹😹😹

Last edited:
  • Heart
I was watching Elle's first apartment tour and it wasn't that cluttered. She had just the right amount of furniture. And the apartment was nice!

Each apartment tour just go worse and worse and more and more cluttered. Why would she give up her own living space to cram into Chris' small loft is beyond me.

I was watching Elle's first apartment tour and it wasn't that cluttered. She had just the right amount of furniture. And the apartment was nice!

Each apartment tour just go worse and worse and more and more cluttered. Why would she give up her own living space to cram into Chris' small loft is beyond me.
Lol even her cats are fancier now. older cat loved Walmart blanketnow they love ugg blankets.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Personally I feel like the apartment feels a little empty with the echo and everything. But that also could be due to her lack of carpet and curtains.

But I do like her style better in this. The mix of stuff she has feels more normal young person. Mix of old and new and not too crazy. Like she's not going to be featured in a magazine with her decor but it isn't the awful mix of tit crammed everywhere like she has now.

Not going to lie, I'm jealous of the duck phone.

Reactions: 3
You know if I were a guy with a small loft (1 bedroom) and my GF insisted on shoving her stuff in my place, completely redecorating it, cluttering it up, showing off her breasts in front of my colleagues, I'd dump her too.

I think Chris genuinely liked Elle (or at least found her attractive). He has a type and Elle fits that type. Unfortunately, Elle couldn't keep a guy sticking around.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.