Elle Darby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed. I cut off contact with my parents a few years ago. I just couldn’t take them anymore. I’m happy with that decision but I had to stop telling people when it came up in conversation because of the judgment and the, “but you only get one Mum”, “but they raised you”.
it’s sad that she has a good relationship with her mum who is dying, but as always, can do without the lecture!

Reactions: 2
Personally, I find the "make the most of your mum" schtick pretty hurtful. Not everyone has a positive relationship with their mothers. There's no universal rule for how you should feel about your maternal figure. It shows a massive lack of empathy not to consider that people and their relationships are not all the same.
Absolutely duck off, shes talking honestly from her experience. How disingenuous would it be for her to say except if your mum is a bad perseon/abused you ect. She obviously has a great relationship with her mum and that is at the forefront of her mind when talking about her.
If you find her talking lovingly about her dying mum hurtful that's your problem and no one elses.

• Angry
Reactions: 74
Absolutely duck off, shes talking honestly from her experience. How disingenuous would it be for her to say except if your mum is a bad perseon/abused you ect. She obviously has a great relationship with her mum and that is at the forefront of her mind when talking about her.
If you find her talking lovingly about her dying mum hurtful that's your problem and no one elses.
Gosh, there's really no need to tell me to duck off. That's unnecessary, and says a lot about you.

My opinion is just as valid as yours.

Elle made a sweeping statement that does not apply to everyone. She was not only alluding to her own personal experience, but instructing other people what to do in relation to their own mothers.

Reactions: 7
Gosh, there's really no need to tell me to duck off. That's unnecessary, and says a lot about you.

My opinion is just as valid as yours.

Elle made a sweeping statement that does not apply to everyone. She was not only alluding to her own personal experience, but instructing other people what to do in relation to their own mothers.
sorry i agree with @Lancerconnection . You shouldn't pick fault with Elle's words, she can't win either way. I doubt Elle is really concerned about other people's family issues at the moment. I wouldn't be either if i had such an awful thing happening with my mum.

Reactions: 20
Isn't picking fault the whole point of this forum?
yes but I think you are just looking for things to pick at now, people can get carried away on here and that is why tattle can then be seen as trolling. It can get too ridiculous. I don't think Elle even meant it to offend anyone. She was actually brave to talk about and share such a personal issue in my opinion

Reactions: 15
This is one of the many things that annoys me about the internet.
I find it hard to offer any sympathy to bloggers/influencers. She doesn’t really address anything (And she doesn’t have to), she’s just fishing for sympathy and head pats.
Everything she does on Insta/YouTube is for attention and/or money. This is no different. The word “brave” is completely overused and largely meaningless at this point. She’s not using this as a way to raise awareness of whatever cancer. She’s not directing people to donate to Cancer research or raising awareness for the Crick institute. Again, she doesn’t have to. She’s just so hooked on social media that the support and comfort of her family and friends isn’t enough and she wants the outpouring of the Angels. To be told how wonderful she is and how she’s “loved” and “so brave” by a bunch of strangers on the internet. What a great and easy way to push up engagemeant.
She will likely release another load of over priced, sweat shop produced, polluting Angelle crap soon and it will be back to business as usual. Shilling and binge shopping for the gram.
So, telling people to duck off for expressing their opinion on a site that exists because we don’t all agree with the bs these influencers push is ridiculous. Perhaps you need to go put on some poor quality lounge wear, join the Angels and go inflate her ego and bank account some more.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I find it hard to offer any sympathy to bloggers/influencers. She doesn’t really address anything (And she doesn’t have to), she’s just fishing for sympathy and head pats.
Everything she does on Insta/YouTube is for attention and/or money. This is no different. The word “brave” is completely overused and largely meaningless at this point. She’s not using this as a way to raise awareness of whatever cancer. She’s not directing people to donate to Cancer research or raising awareness for the Crick institute. Again, she doesn’t have to. She’s just so hooked on social media that the support and comfort of her family and friends isn’t enough and she wants the outpouring of the Angels. To be told how wonderful she is and how she’s “loved” and “so brave” by a bunch of strangers on the internet. What a great and easy way to push up engagemeant.
She will likely release another load of over priced, sweat shop produced, polluting Angelle crap soon and it will be back to business as usual. Shilling and binge shopping for the gram.
So, telling people to duck off for expressing their opinion on a site that exists because we don’t all agree with the bs these influencers push is ridiculous. Perhaps you need to go put on some poor quality lounge wear, join the Angels and go inflate her ego and bank account some more.
wow. her mum has a BRAIN TUMOUR!!!! It is terminal. she does not have the flu. Maybe you should think before you write.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just because influencers can be annoying it doesn’t mean we can forgo any type of empathy whatsoever. Her Mum is terminally ill. She is sharing that with her followers, most probably because she’s getting hundreds of messages a day asking if she is ok. I cannot fathom how anyone can pick her apart for that!

Reactions: 20
yes but I think you are just looking for things to pick at now, people can get carried away on here and that is why tattle can then be seen as trolling. It can get too ridiculous. I don't think Elle even meant it to offend anyone. She was actually brave to talk about and share such a personal issue in my opinion
🙌🙌

Reactions: 1
I wanna know about that drama that involved Elle’s family not supporting her YouTube so she moved out to Connors mums house

Reactions: 3
I will be the FIRST to have an opinion when she tries to sell us more of her sweatshop China tit or the next time she tries to make a few quid by being shady AF online and hiding ads etc.
the next holiday they take, with Katie’s holiday/new york trip still being on hold etc.

but I’m finding it hard to watch her or critise her when her mum is so sick.
I feel a bit tacky commenting on it at all (just me, not telling anyone else what to do)

even the conversation around Con being controlling, like he MADE her miss Christmas Day with her mum makes me feel weird.
I genuinely feel for katie, I think of her more than anyone in this. And I really hope elle is supporting her and Katie knows she has a home with Elle.

that’s all.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Are they going to Lanzo this year? Or is Lucy having a hard time finding a solution for her non existent issue of a villa for a family of 6 with twin girls?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I didn’t say it wasn’t sad. I didn’t say you can’t empathise with her. I just said to not tell others to duck off for not agreeing with her/your opinions. This is tattle life, not one of her channels.
She’s an “influencer”, she deserves all the cynicism she gets for taking full advantage of a massively unregulated market, for being a raging narcissist and a shady snake oil salesman who adds nothing of any real value to the world. They seem to be shopping for a new car by the way.
I do feel terribly sorry for her little sister. I really feel like Elle takes advantage of her for likes. I wonder if she pays Katie when she features her in her videos or just uses her for free content.

Reactions: 5
I find it hard to offer any sympathy to bloggers/influencers. She doesn’t this !!! really address anything (And she doesn’t have to), she’s just fishing for sympathy and head pats.

I didn’t say it wasn’t sad. I didn’t say you can’t empathise with her. I just said to not tell others to duck off for not agreeing with her/your opinions. This is tattle life, not one of her channels.
She’s an “influencer”, she deserves all the cynicism she gets for taking full advantage of a massively unregulated market, for being a raging narcissist and a shady snake oil salesman who adds nothing of any real value to the world. They seem to be shopping for a new car by the way.
I do feel terribly sorry for her little sister. I really feel like Elle takes advantage of her for likes. I wonder if she pays Katie when she features her in her videos or just uses her for free content.

Katie is her sister and clearly enjoys being in Elle's videos, I doubt she needs 'paying'. Anyway, Elle does videos where she will take Katie shopping and buy her things so I doubt she needs to be paid.

Reactions: 3
I’m not Elles biggest fan but I don’t think she meant any harm with her comment, maybe she didn’t word it in the way some may feel was correct- but she clearly loves her mum and she was just getting across that we should all cherish time with anyone we love, especially those who sometimes we take for granted and expect to always be around. My dad is in his 60s and still cries about losing his mum 30 years ago, it’s such a big loss to some people and I really think she was just speaking from her heart (and no one else’s).

Reactions: 15
I doubt she forces Katie to do the videos, they look like fun and Katie seems to love doing them. Elle treats her to lots of bits so would just be weird to even discuss her paying her?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.