Elle Darby #51 under 700k, tattle’s having a takeaway.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@romicalypso on Instagram is a plus size model who worked for Angelle collection and just shared a video by kanaan on YouTube.
Thank you for sharing this. It’s a good video and the guy speaks really well. I think in all the furore it’s good to remember the comments Elle tweeted have really offended and upset people. I can’t imagine how this guy feels knowing he was booked to model for their brand and the two people making money are horrid racists. His comments at the beginning about the atmosphere on the shoot are very very interesting as well. Fair play on him speaking out

Reactions: 57
GLEAM HAVE DROPPED THEM
To save people a click (I hate the daily mail, terrible website):

A spokesperson told FEMAIL: 'At Gleam Futures, our mission is to be a driving force for a culturally progressive and diverse industry, offering leading-edge representation for talent that align with our values.

'In light of recent events, we have therefore made the decision to no longer represent Elle Darby and Connor Swift.'

An insider added: 'As soon as this came to light, Gleam reviewed the situation and looked carefully into the whole issue but ultimately made the decision quickly that they could no longer represent Connor and Elle.

'Diversity is something that the company and all of the staff are extremely passionate about.'

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 171
What I don’t understand is - and I’m 5 years older than Elle, is who even used this language at her age 10 years ago. As I definitely didn’t? It’s the kind of thing my Grandad would’ve said, def not our era
This is what I don't understand. I can't imagine ever using language like she did. But will never forget getting the absolute bollocking of my life from my parents when I told some on Bebo they had the worst taste in music and they needed to get a life ... Because they loved some Queen cover done by like McFly/Busted/Insert Other Boy and Here 🤣🤣 My Dad was fuming I'd had the audacity to send a horrible message like that to someone on the internet. I can't even imagine what would have happened had I ever sent something worse than 'your music taste sucks'😂

Genuinely buzzing for tonight's takeaway 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Something to note is the sheer amount of nutters about who might actually wish her harm.

I wouldn’t dare leave my house. It’s one thing to insult a specific minority but she’s pretty much covered all bases. How would you feel safe ANYWHERE?

Poor kid, growing up with that kind of threat ever-present

• Sad
Reactions: 35
I keep hearing stories that they have “stuff” but no actual money. That would terrify me.
I think a lot of influencers do get cash payments per post though. Especially ones with followers in the 100 thousands.

they also get a ton of freebies, so they come to feel entitled to it. Why pay for stuff when 9/10 you can manage to get it for free, I imagine is the mentality. And it means they can hoard the actual cash they have coming in.

one of the influencers I used to follow, Nelly London, did the Instagram stuff alongside an actual job. But she quit her job sometime last year I think, and does “influencing” full time. She’s bought two properties in Brighton in the past two years and you can’t do that without significant cash incomings.

Reactions: 13
Pinkpeonyhome 152k followers ans huge elle supporter I'm glad she's spoken out and not just silently unfollowed.
Also the last post is someone else that's recently been dug up
I'm going to follow this lady just for this. Well done her 👏

Reactions: 7
That must of been an awkward conversation between her and Lily considering she’s a bridesmaid (did she not even basically say she was a second maid of honour?) But you know what they say..never mix business with pleasure.

• Wow
Reactions: 101
So what happens now could that lily represent them solely on her own? Will she be bridesmaid still? The questions are never ending!!!

Reactions: 28
I’ve been a silent lurker for most of this drama but I have to weigh in on the Gleam dropping

That is SHOCKING ! They will have had a contract with Gleam , so the fact Gleam have terminated it early and would have had to consult lawyers is HUGE ! It is a massive deal to be dropped by your talent agency , holy crap !

makes me wonder what happened , whether Gleam tried to advise on steps to take and Connor and Elle were resistant , or whether Gleam knew their true colours and this was the nail in the coffin … but wow , holy tit , I did not expect that !

(Context : I worked in PR & Influencer marketing for many years , have friends/colleagues who worked on the talent side of things at similar places to Gleam)

• Sad
Reactions: 138
To save people a click (I hate the daily mail, terrible website):

A spokesperson told FEMAIL: 'At Gleam Futures, our mission is to be a driving force for a culturally progressive and diverse industry, offering leading-edge representation for talent that align with our values.

'In light of recent events, we have therefore made the decision to no longer represent Elle Darby and Connor Swift.'

An insider added: 'As soon as this came to light, Gleam reviewed the situation and looked carefully into the whole issue but ultimately made the decision quickly that they could no longer represent Connor and Elle.

'Diversity is something that the company and all of the staff are extremely passionate about.'
Who wants to buy the choccy biscuits and chineses tonight? 🥳🎉

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve been a silent lurker for most of this drama but I have to weigh in on the Gleam dropping

That is SHOCKING ! They will have had a contract with Gleam , so the fact Gleam have terminated it early and would have had to consult lawyers is HUGE ! It is a massive deal to be dropped by your talent agency , holy crap !

makes me wonder what happened , whether Gleam tried to advise on steps to take and Connor and Elle were resistant , or whether Gleam knew their true colours and this was the nail in the coffin … but wow , holy tit , I did not expect that !

(Context : I worked in PR & Influencer marketing for many years , have friends/colleagues who worked on the talent side of things at similar places to Gleam)
Yeah I was thinking this, I expect they did make the decision quickly but had a lot to untangle legally and contractually. Same for some brands, a lot were criticising them for taking a while to say anything but some will have probably had enduring agreements, paid them some money already, had upcoming projects etc and had to consult the necessary people beforehand so as to not fall foul of their contracts.

Reactions: 25
When Elle tweeted the horrendous things 10 years ago I was working as a makeup artist and wanted nothing more than to be an "influencer", I even had my own YouTube channel. I used to get so upset that it wasn't taking off as much as I wanted it to but now I have a job with great money and my own candle business. These "influencers" have no idea about hard work and they think they can bounce back after "reflecting" and "taking some time out". I'm so shocked by this all, I used to watch Elle religiously on YouTube but she has lost so many followers and brand contracts and rightly so.

Anyway, what takeaway are we having tonight?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Just hope IF she does make a return to YouTube she drops the hey angellllllllllls bullshit.

Reactions: 24
What I don’t understand is - and I’m 5 years older than Elle, is who even used this language at her age 10 years ago. As I definitely didn’t? It’s the kind of thing my Grandad would’ve said, def not our era
Same. I’m Elle’s age and don’t even know anyone who used that language growing up and was aware I shouldn’t associate with anyone who did either. Sick of people who get caught out for this behaviour blaming it on the times being different and the fact they were young - as if they were in our grandparents era when it happened. It’s not okay

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.