Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bunnyboo

VIP Member
GLEAM HAVE DROPPED THEM
To save people a click (I hate the daily mail, terrible website):

A spokesperson told FEMAIL: 'At Gleam Futures, our mission is to be a driving force for a culturally progressive and diverse industry, offering leading-edge representation for talent that align with our values.

'In light of recent events, we have therefore made the decision to no longer represent Elle Darby and Connor Swift.'

An insider added: 'As soon as this came to light, Gleam reviewed the situation and looked carefully into the whole issue but ultimately made the decision quickly that they could no longer represent Connor and Elle.

'Diversity is something that the company and all of the staff are extremely passionate about.'

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 171

bunnyboo

VIP Member
I've had my takeaway pizza for dinner, poured myself a nice pink gin with fanta lemon and thought fuck it, I need to make "my SON :mad:" gif lol

The angry pouting is not a vibe angel boo hun x

mySON.gif

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 165

Clouisem

I assume everyone dumping on Elle have stayed the exact same for the last 11 years and never changed, grown as people or regretted things they said as teenagers? Some bad tweets that she has owned up to and apologised for shouldn't lose her all her brand deals it is a bit much. This applies to all influencers not just Elle
Well of course but I regret kissing the wrong boys not being a racist

• Haha
Reactions: 152

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
users have been warned not to engage with people flaming the thread,
Comment has been left up but please avoid endless replies to fans or users who don’t understand we are a gossip site,
We are NOT her social media accounts,
She has the ability to refrain from reading a site that has no connection to her, her business, her family or her YouTube channel.
We comment on influencers much like we comment on tv shows we watch.
She is a content provider and therefore has a responsibility to accept the criticism and financial gain that comes with that. She has the responsibility to remove herself from the spotlight should she find herself experiencing a hard time, or mental health struggles, nobody here is making her do, say, upload or tweet anything,
She makes millions on her audience, selling them pipe dreams, a fake personality/lifestyle, and god awful China made static clothing.
It is not acceptable to think no criticism should be made against ANY business.
Elle Darby is a business. This is what happens when you become an influencer and make your income on selling your life and that of your child.

Happy Friday 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 145

disneys

VIP Member
I’ve been a silent lurker for most of this drama but I have to weigh in on the Gleam dropping

That is SHOCKING ! They will have had a contract with Gleam , so the fact Gleam have terminated it early and would have had to consult lawyers is HUGE ! It is a massive deal to be dropped by your talent agency , holy crap !

makes me wonder what happened , whether Gleam tried to advise on steps to take and Connor and Elle were resistant , or whether Gleam knew their true colours and this was the nail in the coffin … but wow , holy shit , I did not expect that !

(Context : I worked in PR & Influencer marketing for many years , have friends/colleagues who worked on the talent side of things at similar places to Gleam)

• Sad
Reactions: 138

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
I assume everyone dumping on Elle have stayed the exact same for the last 11 years and never changed, grown as people or regretted things they said as teenagers? Some bad tweets that she has owned up to and apologised for shouldn't lose her all her brand deals it is a bit much. This applies to all influencers not just Elle
I know this is shocking, but some of us were never racists.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 138
This is irrelevant to what's currently happening but I just wanna say you ladies crack me up. I have never laughed harder at a still image on the internet than I did with Con falling out of the hearse. Bless you all and your takeaways.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 121

bunnyboo

VIP Member
The part that gets me in all of this is that if she really quits youtube (doubt it) we won't see katie again. I wish her the best, truly.
I've been rewatching their old content and as much as I'd miss Katie, Elle shoving a camera in her face and exploiting her for views leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.

I watched their first day in NYC vlogs and the aggression and manipulation towards Katie was too much.. here's some examples

1. In the car on the way to the airport, Elle got extremely passive aggressive when she accused Katie of not saying "Hello angels" when she was prompted to say it and made a 'joke' threat to cancel going to NYC because of the bad 'vibes'
2. Interrupting Katie who was trying to take a picture of the streets in NYC to interrogate her on what she was taking a photo of - it came across as SO passive aggressive
3. The look of fear on Katie's face when Elle says "Have I not shown your outfit today!?": (the way she said "yeah" indicated Katie seemed genuinely nervous)

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 22.19.38.png

Honestly, Elle being expelled from the internet is what Katie needs 😭

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 120

peoplj

Just for full disclosure, im a guy who’s wife followers a lot of influencers, something I’m not into at all but each to their own. I had not heard of this scraggy weasel Elle Darby save for laughing at the Moose Cafe debacle years ago but when she told me about this latest news I had to do some googling and found this site (haven’t read all of the pages as tbh there are fucking thousands ) but as my wife is of Caribbean descent we both feel shocked these utterly deplorable excuse for humans (aside from the racism and homophobia) get a platform to spout there candy cane bullshit. I have an influencer friend (I even hate to say that word now) who has 500k odd followers and I noticed she has publicly talked on the matter too .
finding this site has at the very least given me an evening-of entertainment so thanks for that all!

• Heart
Reactions: 117
Right, I've read the wiki, I've read hundreds of pages of most popular comments. I'm up to speed on the orange racist space hopper and her chavvy Robert Pattinson vampire other half.

My question is why is there almost no mention of this young man's ripped foreskin tweet? How did it happen? How is it now? What happens the tear when he changes from a man into a bat and back again?

So many questions unanswered. It's like being an undead gleek is the only interesting thing about him when actually he's an undead gleek with a trashed up foreskin....

Screenshot_20220108-153657_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 105

Mascaragirl

VIP Member
It makes me laugh that her immediate reaction was to delete her current twitter when she saw connors tweets getting exposed but us tattlers that found her 2011 Twitter were just like

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 105
This whole 10 years ago thing is so dumb JUST STOP. I’m 21, 10 years ago girls in my class used to call me curry muncher (that hasn’t changed) and they used to tell me I don’t have a race, I don’t belong. Guess what. I still get upset about it so why shouldn’t these people be held accountable? WHY DO I NEED TO GET OVER IT

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 103

Mascaragirl

VIP Member
I’ve actually always been perfect x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 103

stuffandwords

That must of been an awkward conversation between her and Lily considering she’s a bridesmaid (did she not even basically say she was a second maid of honour?) But you know what they say..never mix business with pleasure.

• Wow
Reactions: 101