Elle Darby #40 Connor's cheating, racist tweeting, lock down your profiles and get deleting!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with her possibly wanting to stay out of the public eye but I think this can have such a negative impact especially since she relies on her engagement to generate their income!
I do wish however, when influencers got caught in a scandal like this, theyā€™d take the time to acknowledge it immediately rather than waiting a few days to come up with the perfect video/script. I always find it so insincere after a few days to think of what to say. Get on live, answer some questions, communicate with your community and listen to their feedback about what you can do to move forward better than ever.

Reactions: 16
This member quotes that they are at the end of medschool. Shocking! I suggest they also take some time to ā€˜reflectā€™. Iā€™m furious at how many racist defenders have popped up.
Iā€™m not at med school, It was the person I quoted from. I work in safeguarding and youth offending ā¤

Reactions: 5
Wow everyone is so sensitive. Sorry but are you sure you dont say anything questionable when you were 15 years old? Because I did, I was mean because it made you popular in high school, and I said really terrible things about gypsies, about the people who not clever enough to go to university, really awful things, and I was so homophobic. But as a teenager I didnt really know what things are meant. 10 years later I'm at the end of medschool, of course dont think the same about the things I thought as a 17 years old "baby"..
Elle was 17 when most of those tweets were composed. You can go in the army at the age of 16 fgs! This is why racism/homophobia/xenophobia continues to exist - because people 'excuse' bad behaviour. My son and daughter were 11 and 7 - ten years ago. They were taught at school about racism.....and educated at home too (out of school)

Reactions: 41
Wow everyone is so sensitive. Sorry but are you sure you dont say anything questionable when you were 15 years old? Because I did, I was mean because it made you popular in high school, and I said really terrible things about gypsies, about the people who not clever enough to go to university, really awful things, and I was so homophobic. But as a teenager I didnt really know what things are meant. 10 years later I'm at the end of medschool, of course dont think the same about the things I thought as a 17 years old "baby"..
Please before anyone says I am sticking up for the pair of them, I AM NOT.

BUT, and it doesnā€™t make it right, there is a difference between saying to your friends as a ā€œjokeā€ to posting online for the whole world to see. You can argue your way out of a comment made as itā€™s your word against anotherā€™s, BUT you cannot deny physical proof in the tweets of Elle and Con being racist and homophobic. Thereā€™s tangible proof, and thatā€™s where people draw the line. Innocent until proven guilty, and they have been proven guilty. So they deserve to face the consequences.

10 years ago I was 12. At that age I for sure knew right from wrong, and I would never dream of writing or saying anything so hurtful. So how can anyone defend a 19 year old girl or however old she was, writing such things?

And I will reiterate, I am in no way defending the pair of toss pots. There vile humans

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I agree with her possibly wanting to stay out of the public eye but I think this can have such a negative impact especially since she relies on her engagement to generate their income!
I do wish however, when influencers got caught in a scandal like this, theyā€™d take the time to acknowledge it immediately rather than waiting a few days to come up with the perfect video/script. I always find it so insincere after a few days to think of what to say. Get on live, answer some questions, communicate with your community and listen to their feedback about what you can do to move forward better than ever.
Yeah I do think a post on stories with text written by someone else and disappears after 24 hours is really shite, cowardly and hopefully won't cut the mustard as it might have done in the past. There are plenty of influencers out there, it's not like she's super talented and unique and can't be replaced by another influencer. If she was really mortified by it she would have posted something more genuine even if it risked damaging her brand, but of course, nope! Be interesting what they do next, either a grovelling video I expect, but I do think they might just reappear as if nothing has happened.

Reactions: 19
First time poster but just wanted to reply to the poll! I donā€™t think theyā€™ll be cancelled unless a newspaper picks up the story and runs with it and of course, brands drop them!
I donā€™t doubt that weā€™ve all said and done things when we were younger that we now regret but I think when youā€™re ā€œgrown adultsā€ as Elle stated in her apology/acknowledgment story - you take the time to go back and rectify your past mistakes and clean up your socials especially when youā€™re in the public eye if the things youā€™ve said or posted no longer align with your beliefs, no? To be so ignorant shows there is no remorse for either of their past behaviours and itā€™s simply a case of ā€˜sorry I got caught, hope you respect my privacy at this timeā€™. I donā€™t think they deserve their platforms as a result but I do hope they can move forward and better themselves for the sake of their son rather than their public image.
Someone send all the stuff to the gazette and herald šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Tweeting racist, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic and fatphobic comments is NOT ā€œjust teenage behaviourā€.

They should not get a free pass because they were teenagers. They knew what they were saying and they said it repeatedly. Thatā€™s not a mistake.

Teenage behaviour is maybe bunking off school or having a few drinks underage - itā€™s not saying what Elle and Con said to the extent they said it, especially Elle.

I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to teenagers and young people, the majority who know right and wrong and know that this is unacceptable language for them to be used as Elle and Conā€™s get out of jail free card. They should be on their own with this one and not get to hide behind the ā€œwe were just teenagersā€ excuse. Thereā€™s nothing that can validate that behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
After a couple months off Tattle with baby things, Elleā€™s brought me back

Reactions: 10
Oh wow! This thread is insane. All these influencers come out down the line as posting awful things 'a long time ago' Nah, don't buy it, doesn't matter how old you are, it just shows that you are a nasty person and still are. And these people have better lives than the rest of us! It just makes you realise how ridiculous this influencer career is. You could be a really crappy person behind the camera (or sometimes on it) but still get everything handed to you on a plate with minimal effort šŸ¤·

Reactions: 30
I honestly don't think she has changed. I think she's just learnt to shut her fat gob. She was proud that her mother said that about fat people! This is the way she's been raised! Sly and condescending towards basically anyone going, by those tweets.

No wonder they couldn't hack travelling, too many "foreign" people for them?šŸ™„

So bitter and spiteful for a young girl! Con was and has remained a chauvinistic PIG!! It is very clear he hasn't changed either

Reactions: 72
I'm waiting for Elle's sob story about her mum dying and her having a baby (I lost both my parents within four years of each other).

Isn't it the done thing on Youtube to wear a grey hoodie and sit on the kitchen floor, sobbing and apologising?

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I work in social media management and influencer marketing for various fashion brands.

If I was selecting influencers for a project and I knew theyā€™d be involved in something like this, I certainly wouldnā€™t choose them because of the repercussions on my brand.

Reactions: 37
Surprised elle is so obsessed with molly mae I remember Molly saying she has some Indian in her

• Haha
Reactions: 25
May I also add, for the masses that are wanting to potentially defendā€¦

RACISM IS TAUGHT, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT.

Do better.

• Heart
Reactions: 103
No idea how anyone can defend this. I have some pretty ignorant relatives who frustrate me to the point of tears and who I am constantly arguing with šŸ™„ but some of these tweets are levels above anything they would ever say behind closed doors, let alone on a public platform. If you defend them and aren't disgusted then sorry but you clearly think the same way.

Especially Elle's. Her tweets are persistently hateful and nasty.

Reactions: 45
This is so wrong. Yes you can grow and weā€™ve all probably said remarks or comments that were probably wrong and offensive, however racism is never okay and can not just be excused because itā€™s 10 years later. This wasnā€™t just a one off offensive tweet, thereā€™s a clear pattern of offensive tweets made over a period of time.

* just for context, I just want to show some of my tweets Iā€™ve made from being 16-20, the same age as both Connor and Elle when these tweets were made. I have looked back through my twitter extensively to see if there were any tweets that were out of line or offensive and I think I called one of my friends gay back in 2012 which even still is wrong but bare in mind I was about 11 year old.

Here are the tweets
These are acceptable ā€˜normalā€™ tweets that a 16-20 year old should be posting, not racist, sexist and fat phobic. Canā€™t believe people are defending them!!! Itā€™s so so so wrong. At that age, you know whatā€™s right and wrong. At this age I was fully aware of what I was saying and if it was offensive or not. Please do not excuse this behaviour!

*referencing immigration tweet, it was regarding a debate I heard between people being awful about immigrants coming into the UK I fully support immigration btw

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.