Elle Darby #13 Conman’s hiding under a hat, what baby? It’s just fat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sadly, a baby isn’t even considered ‘viable’ until 24 weeks. Even then, I’ve a friend went to hospital in labour overdue and camehome without a baby. It’s one thing to hope for the best & enjoy being pregnant rather than fret, it’s another to behave completely naive to any potential pregnancy dangers.
Exactly. I've worked on NICU and the unexpected does happen. And it's very sad.
Pregnancy shouldn't be flaunted as a way to line your pockets. All of these pregnant influencers could carry on with their 'normal' content with baby updates. But instead it becomes all about the pregnancy and then baby. Personally, if they had actually 'real life' jobs and lifestyles they'd be carrying on as normal all while growing a baby. Not 'real life' becoming all about them having a baby!

Lucy Jessica Carter that you?
'At least she can give her baby a beautiful life'

OP- Say what? So can I give my babies beautiful lives. What makes Elle so special?

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
Hopefully she will alienate a lot of the angles. Her usual following will soon get bored of the constant pregnancy vlogs and anyone that is pregnant and following her will get pissed off that they are probably working full time whilst she indulges and sits on her arse all day.

Then when baby is born she will be pretending life is soooo blissful and perfect while the rest of the new mums are frazzled from lack of sleep and covered in baby sick.

I actually don't blame her for getting excited and doing the nursery etc... its exciting and she has a right to Express that however she wishes but I do think she shouldn't ram her privileged life down the throats of her viewers.

Reactions: 14
I think this is the main issue everyone has is that she’s so pig ignorant and actually everyone here is telling her to hold her bleeping horses angels in speeding her way through a pregnancy she doesn’t have a full understanding of just yet.

she is literally competing for views. no expectant mother in their right mind would be ordering so much baby tit until at least 20w when the anomaly scan shows baby in close detail health wise. I get she’s ‘excited’ but it’s not even genuine excitement I get off her it’s just cashing in vibes.

they really should be caution. I get they are young enough but it doesn’t mean they are safe and they really need to wake the F up because once that baby is here it’s allllllll gonna change.

Reactions: 23
Yeh she is definitely thinking kerching 💰 baby content will bring in a lot of gifted items and income. Which I find really sad, how can you get pleasure out of providing your child a beautiful life (her words) when actually you havnt it has all been donated by sponsors.

The sponsors really piss me off actually! I would be more tempted to buy from them if they gifted to deserving struggling families rather than Elle who can clearly afford to buy her own stuff.

I hope the next couple of years sees then downfall of the influencer! Feel ashamed that us as consumers have enabled them to be honest.

Reactions: 22
Yeh she is definitely thinking kerching 💰 baby content will bring in a lot of gifted items and income. Which I find really sad, how can you get pleasure out of providing your child a beautiful life (her words) when actually you havnt it has all been donated by sponsors.

The sponsors really piss me off actually! I would be more tempted to buy from them if they gifted to deserving struggling families rather than Elle who can clearly afford to buy her own stuff.

I hope the next couple of years sees then downfall of the influencer! Feel ashamed that us as consumers have enabled them to be honest.
You’ve hit the nail on the head with the sponsors bit... I was a bit clueless in the baby world until I got pregnant and I’ll admit that we’ve been sucked in a *little* bit. One company that has wound me up is Mamas and Papas. Don’t get me wrong, we got quite a few bits from there and the customer service has been great but why are they giving so much free tit away to influencers that really don’t need it! I know a couple of pregnant girls at the minute who would give their right arm to have a brand new pram which costs over £1000 but they’ve had to get 2nd hand ones etc. I remember watching Carys vlog and I’m sure she got a pram gifted. Surely she could have worked with the brand and done a giveaway for someone who genuinely can’t afford one rather than these arse wipes.

Reactions: 15
You’ve hit the nail on the head with the sponsors bit... I was a bit clueless in the baby world until I got pregnant and I’ll admit that we’ve been sucked in a *little* bit. One company that has wound me up is Mamas and Papas. Don’t get me wrong, we got quite a few bits from there and the customer service has been great but why are they giving so much free tit away to influencers that really don’t need it! I know a couple of pregnant girls at the minute who would give their right arm to have a brand new pram which costs over £1000 but they’ve had to get 2nd hand ones etc. I remember watching Carys vlog and I’m sure she got a pram gifted. Surely she could have worked with the brand and done a giveaway for someone who genuinely can’t afford one rather than these arse wipes.

I know! Terrible really and yes I agree. I would be applauding any influencer that said 'we are working with a brand and have purchased this pram ourselves but they have agreed to give one away to someone deserving' but they are all way too much up there own arses and fake to even consider it.

For me brands gifting to any influencer is more likely to stop me buying the product.

Reactions: 22

Yes SPONSORS if you read here or even ELLE (cos we know you do) gift to those that can't afford. Choose to donate to somewhere like The Baby Bank Network or similar, who work tirelessly volunteering to provide families expecting and with newborns the basics to survive!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Her and Carys both dress like a bleeping state while pregnant! The gym leggings hauled up over their bumps meeting their tits.... the stupid little crop tops.... loves I really don't need to see your ass, hips, belly, under tits, tits EVERY SINGLE DAY!

And as for doing up the Nursery at 15 weeks!!! WTF!! not even had a 20 week anomaly scan.... booked to check the growth and development of your baby, not an opportunity to see you baby and plaster over social media. Again.

Overselling your pregnancy at 15 weeks, when your not due till July and pregnancy being a very very vulnerable time for a women due to all the physical changes and additional pressure on organs and body systems. I can't bear it.

It was 100% Elsie- she said herself they have chosen the name they think they are going to use and she has already ordered some personalised items. That Valentine heart that was tagged was definitely something Elle would do and use for yet more views on her social media. Why would a small time independent company choose Elle and Connor Swift of all people to randomly tag in a product they sell..... it was 100% for Elle and she looks like a dick saying it wasn't!
Exactly this. Just own up Elle and say yeah there was a slip up. I wouldn't change the chose name just because it was revealed before my OCD announcement. She brush it off and keep on moving.

Yep this! When I was pregnant working part time it was actually soul destroying seeing these influencers using their popularity to has high end baby items like £400 baby rocking seats that do everything but change and feed the baby. I couldn't afford a next to me crib. I could just about afford a travel system and cot because milk, nappies and clothes are so expensive and they go through them fast! I felt so inadequate and as first time mum I didn't want to admit that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I felt so inadequate and as first time mum I didn't want to admit that.
This is what pisses me off, that it makes people feel inadequate when half the stuff they end up with is actually unsafe or unfit. Charlotte Dawson’s crib is a total death trap but it hasn’t stopped her, over £1k I think someone said, obvs that’s more important to her. Many show pictures of cribs with a load of dangerous crap in too, they should have to state it will be cleared before sleep.
So many too promoting breast pumps and sling and things they’ve not even used yet so have no idea if they’re good, needed etc saying they’re ‘must have’, it’s just ridiculous.

I could spend the money on all the gear for my baby but I know so much of it only lasts around 6-9 months and they won’t know the difference, I’d rather give them experiences or a financial nest egg than have people admire their changing bag or something. They can admire the baby instead! I don’t expect influencers to buy second hand but the absolute excess of multiples of items or every gadget going doesn’t make me feel jealous or inadequate. It makes me wonder why they need all that shite and get happy and excited.

Finally I think it’s a bit weird to show the inside of a child’s bedroom? It is purely 100% to show off because they need other people’s approval. There’s is absolutely no other reason.
That baby isn’t even here yet and it’s already an accessory and way to create envy and admiration from followers. It’s sickening.

Reactions: 20
Wow, I’ve been blocked 😂
Can’t think what it’s for as I’ve never called her out on anything. Has anyone else been blocked for liking the comments on Conman’s posts calling him out for disregarding lockdown rules?
How pathetic. Officially unsubbing. I’ve been a watcher of this thread for a while, because she just never felt right to me. But I never felt the need to unfollow/unsub. It’s crystal clear now that anyone who doesn’t gush over her every sloppy move can do one 🤢
I just hope more people come to realise how shallow and self obsessed they are. Makes me sick!

Just saw this on Instagram, could relate to so many influencers at the moment!!!
1000000%!!! Makes me want to delete my social media 😂

Reactions: 20
What is really sad about Elle is that she has zero identity out of her relationship, and now pregnancy/motherhood. I don't know what she likes etc anymore and she doesn't talk about anything on her channel that benefits her viewer. Whats become apparent is that she uploads anything that will get her views/attention/financial gain. At least other influencers can recommend stuff, or give us decent hauls or even advice. She's no longer relatable and brags too much, her viewers would never be able to afford that lifestyle (most of us have brains thank god). Even if she relates to pregnant women, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be dealing with the pregnancy the way she is and definitely not online shopping all day and paying for online PT.....

Reactions: 18
I think this is the main issue everyone has is that she’s so pig ignorant and actually everyone here is telling her to hold her bleeping horses angels in speeding her way through a pregnancy she doesn’t have a full understanding of just yet.

she is literally competing for views. no expectant mother in their right mind would be ordering so much baby tit until at least 20w when the anomaly scan shows baby in close detail health wise. I get she’s ‘excited’ but it’s not even genuine excitement I get off her it’s just cashing in vibes.

they really should be caution. I get they are young enough but it doesn’t mean they are safe and they really need to wake the F up because once that baby is here it’s allllllll gonna change.
I did that, brought everything went in for 20 week scan no heartbeat and going home to it all completely broke me.
Hopefully nothing like that happens to her but to have so much on your social and even decorating already would be soul destroying if anything were to happen.
The excitement be kept more private at this point

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I did that, brought everything went in for 20 week scan no heartbeat and going home to it all completely broke me.
Hopefully nothing like that happens to her but to have so much on your social and even decorating already would be soul destroying if anything were to happen.
Sending love to you xx

Reactions: 4
Oh I’m so so sorry for your loss. sending so much love xx

Reactions: 3
She is going to struggle to keep her pristine white company everything white as babies are messy little things!!!!!
the two of them think this baby is just going to be cute and sit in a bouncer or sleep in a crib forever ..erm no Angelle they grow and turn into little devils ! The sleep deprivation, the clinginess , she is going to get the biggest shock and I’m here for it!!!!!

Reactions: 8
i’m no expert but from elles recent insta pic her bump droops down and if she was getting a “big bump at 16 weeks🥴” wouldn’t her midriff be rounder? deffo bloat, looks like me on my second day of my period😂😂😂 also elles had a boob job hasn’t she? wait until them bad boys start to swell
It droops down like that because your uterus is expanding but it’s mainly still all bloat at that stage 😂😂 that’s the way it starts. Mine didn’t start to round out at the top until I was over 20ish weeks

Agree I seen some influencer on Instagram a month or so ago was pregnant had bought her own pram and then a company had also gifted her one and I was thinking your not gonna use 2 prams like why not do a giveaway with one of them or give it to someone who needs it

Reactions: 5
Who even starts a nursery at 15 WEEKS?! 😂 😂

A room the baby isn't even going to be sleeping in until January 2022 at least!
She hasn't even had her 20 week anomaly scan yet, she doesn't actually know that her baby is healthy...

A friend had bought the pram, furniture for nursery etc than had the 20 week scan a diaphragmatic hernia (sp?) was discovered and her baby wouldn't survive. Another had started painting the nursery then found out at 20 weeks she needed to have a TFMR. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that must be, Elle really is getting ahead of herself

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.