Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i like eleanor, she used to be by favourite TC tuber, but i don’t like the multiple part thing she has. especially when they’re like 40 mins x 3 and there is a doco that’s less than an hour.

for my go to tubers (i only watch british ones idk why but i find american accents grating sorry to any americans) i like Joshua Miles and Truly Criminal. Both are very respectful and so cases that I’d never have heard of. They also do a lot of cases from places other than the UK and America which is refreshing

EDIT: oh also forgot to add Samantha Melanie, she’s aussie and does only australian cases on her channel. she’s very respectful and well researched
I think Mollie Westbrook is a brilliant tc YouTuber

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think Mollie Westbrook is a brilliant tc YouTuber
yeah i like mollie except she tends to mispronounce places that are in the UK which is more of a petty thing i guess. i love her UK videos

i found her through her Lindsay Jo Rimer video. i have not been able to get that case out of my head ever since i saw it and it’s not too well known unfortunately

Reactions: 4
yeah i like mollie except she tends to mispronounce places that are in the UK which is more of a petty thing i guess. i love her UK videos

i found her through her Lindsay Jo Rimer video. i have not been able to get that case out of my head ever since i saw it and it’s not too well known unfortunately
Agreed, I like Mollie. She's very respectful and you can tell she's really affected by the crimes and cares a lot about the victims. But have you noticed the difference between her old videos and her recent ones? She used to be much more concise and speak more quickly, straight to the point and more... normal? Now, she talks at half the speed, draws out the last syllable of every sentence, repeats large swathes of information 3 or 4 times and states the painfully obvious all the time.
I wonder if she's just become more relaxed in her job, so she's being herself more now, or it's deliberate to extend the length of the videos for some reason. I'll still watch her because the cases she covers are less splashy, well-known ones, and she puts in more effort than Eleanor (as if that's hard to do), but I find myself thinking 'come on, girl, speed it up' more and more often now. I still don't know why Eleanor has so many more subs than her.

Reactions: 6
Agreed, I like Mollie. She's very respectful and you can tell she's really affected by the crimes and cares a lot about the victims. But have you noticed the difference between her old videos and her recent ones? She used to be much more concise and speak more quickly, straight to the point and more... normal? Now, she talks at half the speed, draws out the last syllable of every sentence, repeats large swathes of information 3 or 4 times and states the painfully obvious all the time.
I wonder if she's just become more relaxed in her job, so she's being herself more now, or it's deliberate to extend the length of the videos for some reason. I'll still watch her because the cases she covers are less splashy, well-known ones, and she puts in more effort than Eleanor (as if that's hard to do), but I find myself thinking 'come on, girl, speed it up' more and more often now. I still don't know why Eleanor has so many more subs than her.
This is why I can't watch her videos, as much as I want to the drawing out of syllables really gets on my nerves!

Reactions: 7
I really like Mollie, the slow talking thing doesn't bother me, I prefer it some other TC you tubers who speak way too fast, I struggle to keep up! You could maybe try watching her videos in 1.5x speed? I think she's really respectful to the people she's talking about, you can tell she genuinely cares. She also seems really kind as well, I spoke to her once on Instagram and she was so nice, asking me how I was, how my day was etc. Looks like she's getting closer to 100k too!

I don't know why Brooke Makenna doesn't have more subscribers too? She's so compassionate and respectful. I also like Josh Miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I've started following Danielle Kirsty. I'm not keen on makeup and murder type of youtubers but she seems fine for now.

Reactions: 6
I don't know why Brooke Makenna doesn't have more subscribers too? She's so compassionate and respectful. I also like Josh Miles.
I love Brooke. Mentioned this in the past but her tone is so gentle that it almost annoyed me at first so I wasn't a big fan. However she covers so many unique cases with such empathy that I ended up watching her anyway and now I think she's one of the best creators in the true crime genre.

Salaam ("peace"), everyone. I'm new to this thread, still flipping through pages, but I've watched Eleanor for a few years now and I'm so appreciative of everyone's criticisms in here as they not only underline odd feelings I've been having but also completely enlighten me on behaviors I've missed.

I remember an older episode about Joanna Yeates, where Eleanor mentioned her murderer meeting with a chaplain while he was in prison, and there was this pretty annoying fumbling of words on her part as she tried to explain what a prison chaplain is, and then she settled with "it's kind of like a prison...priest...?" and then she just lightheartedly discounted everything she had tried to explain, deciding she doesn't actually know. Granted, this was just one instance of MANY in which she stumbled over topics and concepts and such, but it stood out to me because I'm studying to be a grief counselor and hospice chaplain and like...we're basically spiritual counselors...we work in an extensive range of social contexts to provide pastoral & spiritual care to those in need of it.

That doesn't matter, my greater point is that google literally would have handed her that definition in .3 seconds, tops. That's all she had to do was google it, maybe scribble it on a notepad, if it's a mouthful, and recite it into the camera. In that very same video, she struggled to describe the murderer's job as a "people flow analyst." I don't know when or if she hired a researcher for her channel now, but I'm sure that back then she was doing this work herself, and even THAT pitiful rambling didn't qualify as "research."

It bothered me not just because of the whole I'm-studying-what-you're-making-a-joke-about thing but because it was just bleeping lazy??? Did she feel she studied enough about the case that the tinier details just didn't matter and she could slip past them??? Idk, it's lazy.

Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Watched Eleanor the last few months and I am a fan to an extent but also find it very odd how she discusses some very sensitive topics. First time on this thread so glad I’m not alone on this..wondering what she does outside of youtube? Like did she go to uni or does she live at home and just google cases and make half assed videos and that’s it

Reactions: 8
Watched Eleanor the last few months and I am a fan to an extent but also find it very odd how she discusses some very sensitive topics. First time on this thread so glad I’m not alone on this..wondering what she does outside of youtube? Like did she go to uni or does she live at home and just google cases and make half assed videos and that’s it
Yeah true crime is her full time job, her and her 3 other researchers🤣 she’s just the face of it all.

Reactions: 2
She doesn't live at home as in living with her parents. She has an expensive (though likely rented) flat in London which is likely part of the reason she wants to keep those clicks coming

She also did not go to uni, she said in one video that she didn't and therefore does not know how uni "works." In that instance Google was not her friend apparently

Reactions: 9
I recently decided to watch her second channel after completely abandoning the first one. I used to like her and I feel her TC channel isn’t very good anymore due to how she displays herself. My overall one word review of her first channel is “disrespectful”. The second channel was completely messy. I suppose it’s not actually her second channel as it appears to be her third 😳 anyway I watched “a day in the life of a YouTuber” and it was hectic and I’m finding her so “put on” like who is the real Eleanor? 😵💫 I’ll post the link below to the video I watched. She had actually researchers so they must be reading off wiki 😳 she talks about her upcoming case and I don’t know she seemed excited to be doing another multiple parter 😳

I felt on her second channel in the most recent two/three videos she came across wired like she was drunk or on drugs. Like really obviously.

Reactions: 3
Used to like her. I got fed up of her posing. I see she’s ditched the eyeliner lately, she looks really nice without makeup, imo

Reactions: 3
Used to like her. I got fed up of her posing. I see she’s ditched the eyeliner lately, she looks really nice without makeup, imo
I disagree, I think in her latest couple of videos she looks awful. Nothing to do with her weight (🙄 Eleanor when you read here). But I think she looks unwell lately, gaunt, dull, pale and dark circles under her eyes... An absolute shadow of the bright, glowing, happy woman she was when I first started watching.

Reactions: 8
I disagree, I think in her latest couple of videos she looks awful. Nothing to do with her weight (🙄 Eleanor when you read here). But I think she looks unwell lately, gaunt, dull, pale and dark circles under her eyes... An absolute shadow of the bright, glowing, happy woman she was when I first started watching.
To be fair I haven’t watched any of her videos in ages, but she’s popped up on autoplay and I thought she looked really pretty with no make up.

I much prefer Georgia or Mollie Westbrook for true crime. I honestly don’t get how Eleanor is as big as she is

Stephanie Harlowe I used to like. But she’s so long-winded, and is such a baby about any even slightly critical comments

Reactions: 1
I was subbed to her up until her appearance on that footasylum (?) youtube reality tv show. She came across disgustingly poor in it and I couldn’t be arsed with her at all after it.

Reactions: 7
Is there a general true crime youtuber thread on here? I can’t seem to figure out how to find specific things, the search results always point me to other pages that have nothing to do with what I’m looking for

Reactions: 2
Is there a general true crime youtuber thread on here? I can’t seem to figure out how to find specific things, the search results always point me to other pages that have nothing to do with what I’m looking for
I've seen one or two, I'll see if I can grab the links, definitely some on here.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.