Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve still got it open from when I was watching it this morning and it was called the house party murder. She changed it!
View attachment 554855
omg !! this is getting so ridiculous. did she suddenly find some morals and decide that it wasn’t an appropriate title? this has happened enough times for her to know to not use those titles in the first place !!!!

Reactions: 3
The amount of subs she has and the views she gets, you'd think she wouldn't need to resort to cheap bait and switch tricks. I'm even shocked to see she's on 1.6m subs, she's hardly struggling as a content creator. Why can't she just be authentic and sensitive with her videos?

Reactions: 9
She's changing all her titles lol. Shouldn't be so insensitive in the first place.. She's defo reading here.

Reactions: 5
She's changing all her titles lol. Shouldn't be so insensitive in the first place.. She's defo reading here.
shame it’s taken her a group of people on the internet to have to tell her, for her to get some morals and respect.

I really don’t know. I honestly don’t get what they’re talking about?
From what I gather on the picture she is saying she forgets about his music every once in a while then re discovers it and thinks it amazing again. Then whoever the other person is is presuming that she means that he is alive so is correcting her because he died a long time ago!
However, she then realises that yes he is dead? I don't really get it either 😂 the whole 420 thing is because Bob Marley smoked a lot of weed.

• Haha
From what I gather on the picture she is saying she forgets about his music every once in a while then re discovers it and thinks it amazing again. Then whoever the other person is is presuming that she means that he is alive so is correcting her because he died a long time ago!
However, she then realises that yes he is dead? I don't really get it either 😂 the whole 420 thing is because Bob Marley smoked a lot of weed.
The 420 thing was the only thing I understood. Thank you for explaining 😹❤

Reactions: 2
What the actual duck
It’s a tiktok reference, there’s a guy that says RIP so and so you would have loved … so and so if that makes sense! For example he said ‘RIP Prince Phillip, you cheeky man, it’s a shame he didn’t get to watch toy story 5 he would have loved it’. Idk if that helps it make sense but his username is @isaach.p 🤣

• Haha
It’s a tiktok reference, there’s a guy that says RIP so and so you would have loved … so and so if that makes sense! For example he said ‘RIP Prince Phillip, you cheeky man, it’s a shame he didn’t get to watch toy story 5 he would have loved it’. Idk if that helps it make sense but his username is @isaach.p 🤣
Jesus I am old! Thank you for explaining lmao 😂

Huh, that has really confused me 😂 I don't have tiktok so I don't get any of the references 👵

Reactions: 3
Started watching Eleanor's videos lately. I like her as a person and they're pretty interesting, if a little basic in some parts, but man, the ads...

I understand needing to make a living as a youtuber but the ads on every single video for Function of Beauty and other brands that lifestyle influencers promote feel like she's monetizing cases in a really obvious way. I'd rather she built a personal brand, in the way Bailey Sarian has, and kept the constant ads to that. Don't really like Bailey's videos but I've seen a few and don't recall ads in them constantly as Eleanor has.

I'm watching the Jerry Brudos video and she's advertising care/of vitamins that don't even ship to the UK? Why advertise a product that you can't even get yourself? Even if her subs are American, it feels so disingenuous.

Reactions: 13
She gets money from views, ads in her videos and sponsorships AND patreon & Merch, she's a greedy little thing like you can't need THAT much money

Reactions: 6
Started watching Eleanor's videos lately. I like her as a person and they're pretty interesting, if a little basic in some parts, but man, the ads...

I understand needing to make a living as a youtuber but the ads on every single video for Function of Beauty and other brands that lifestyle influencers promote feel like she's monetizing cases in a really obvious way. I'd rather she built a personal brand, in the way Bailey Sarian has, and kept the constant ads to that. Don't really like Bailey's videos but I've seen a few and don't recall ads in them constantly as Eleanor has.

I'm watching the Jerry Brudos video and she's advertising care/of vitamins that don't even ship to the UK? Why advertise a product that you can't even get yourself? Even if her subs are American, it feels so disingenuous.
Bailey never shuts the duck up about Hello Fresh I think :/ I don’t watch her very much. Mainly when I’m in the bath but I’m sure she’s sponsored by them a lot 😣

Reactions: 1
Bailey never shuts the duck up about Hello Fresh I think :/ I don’t watch her very much. Mainly when I’m in the bath but I’m sure she’s sponsored by them a lot 😣
All the true crime ones even Stephanie Harlowe peddle hello fresh or someother crap

My issue with the ads is that all of her videos start off really chirpy because she’s in sale pitch mode, like ‘omg guys this mobile app is so much fun’ and then two minutes later she’s like ‘anyway, let’s talk about this person who was brutally murdered’.

If you watch a true crime documentary, there’s usually ads before the program starts, but the program itself is serious. If the lead detective they’re interviewing suddenly pulled out his phone and started reviewing best fiends you’d be like wtf

I’m not sure what the solution is, but it makes me uncomfortable. I think Kendall is a better example as although she sometimes does ads, it’s not every video and she often promotes charities that donate to related causes

Reactions: 17
Although she has been recommended, I never watched a Kendall Rae video (I still haven’t but do plan to) but after reading this very ...interesting yet, entertaining... thread I just HAD to go and subscribe to some of the other YTers suggested here.

Georgia was the first one bc after reading >12 mts of posts in the span of a half hour, she is by far the most beloved by most everyone in here. Second was Kendall and the first thing that struck me was her most popular uploads have the 😱 or 🤔 faces - which many of you can’t stand and which I agree is pretty cheesy and definitely click-baity. But I also saw that they were from like, 2 years ago so just to make sure I wasn’t being all Judgy McJudgerson when it’s older content, 3 weeks ago it was a 😠, 1 month (and Princess Diana no less) a 🤔, also 1 month ago a 😧.

I am still going to check her out though, i like the length and flipping thru there are some cases i’ve yet to hear.

I’ve yet to sub Mollie, who ppl also really like.

I also watch/binged ThatChapter. I never tire of hearing Mike say ‘tree’ instead of three. Also, he’s reliable and i usually have NEVER heard of the cases before.

Anyway, I rather enjoy Eleanor. I understand she is young and working FT suuuucccckkkkkkkssssssss when you could be doing other tit. Esp when she’s making the kind of money she’s making. I can relate, I was like that at her age too. I’m not gonna fault her for enjoying it - I don’t live and die by her upload schedule (although I do notice if it’s been a hot minute) but I don’t feel angry or annoyed with her personally or anything like that.

I get distracted by her make up sometimes. I do think it’s very good and I just think about all the cool stuff I could do with all of my tons of make up if i had those skills (then i feel bad about myself lol)

The thing that actually annoys me the most is something I saw posted once or twice before - and that is her lack of engagement with ppl who are her fans and are commenting or even her own channel members who comment (when there are only like 50 comments) and it’s just *crickets*. It can’t be that hard to heart a few comments. Right? Maybe even throw in a ‘thanks!’ to one of the MANY ppl who compliment her make up...just...idk something. She said in one video that she was going to start hanging out in the comments after each video but if i had to guess, it was probably just that one specific video bc i never heard about that again and it certainly doesn’t happen now.

Anyway, this was long. Apologies for that! but thanks for the suggestions!! 🤗

TL;DR - Kendall Rae makes faces; Eleanor is alright but her lack of engagement is pretty annoying. Also her hair changing position in quick cuts/edits is really distracting!

PS: I can’t hate on the young teens who watch her content either, when i learned what a pathologist did after reading the word in one of my mom’s murdery books (Post Mortem by Patricia Cornwell, i’ll never forget) that’s what I wanted to do!! So at 13,14...i was definitely...basically, if 13, 14 year old me had YouTube, or smart phones, or high speed internet (shut up ok i’m a.liddle older than everyone probably 😉) I would have definitely been watching that stuff too.

Honestly what I've often felt about Eleanor and her audience is that they're very immature. I find it super annoying when she criticizes the sentence the culprits are given after the trial because it's clear she doesn't know anything about how legal systems work and that you can't just throw away the key for anyone who commits a crime.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.