Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her video about the murder of Helen Bailey contained some errors that she had taken from a documentary without fact-checking them. And I'm sure it's not the only one (remember her initial video about the disappearance - now a solved murder - of Alissa Turney was so inaccurate that the victim's sister asked her to take it down?)
So that was her that Stephanie Harlow spoke about in a video once about a true crime YouTuber being disrespectful to a victims family me never

Reactions: 3
So that was her that Stephanie Harlow spoke about in a video once about a true crime YouTuber being disrespectful to a victims family me never
The victim's sister seemed to be OK with it, she worked with Eleanor to make a better and factually accurate video about the case. But the fact remains that Eleanor had to be asked to take the original down because it was so poorly researched

Reactions: 11
Didn’t watch the video but I saw her tweet about the merch when it came out, it’s horrible 😂 looks like little to no effort was put into the designs, not really surprised tbh

edit: added a picture :)
That looks bleeping horrendous. Of course her army of annoying little 12 year olds are drooling over this 😂🤤

Im gonna buy a t shirt for someone as a joke x

The victim's sister seemed to be OK with it, she worked with Eleanor to make a better and factually accurate video about the case. But the fact remains that Eleanor had to be asked to take the original down because it was so poorly researched
so unprofessional… what did eleanor say that was wrong ?

so unprofessional… what did eleanor say that was wrong ?
I'm not sure, it was before I started watching her but it's covered here: https://cherwell.org/2021/05/20/in-conversation-with-eleanor-neale/ "(The victim's sister) contacted Neale directly after seeing her video and explained that some of the evidence – which Neale had found through news reports – was wrong: “Her family have had this uphill battle with news outlets because they’ve always been printing things wrong about this case. And I said, ‘Look, I would love to redo this video with your input’. And I did; I took the video down. And I spoke with her sister and we completely redid the video”". I've seen it referenced on social media too

Reactions: 1
i bet she could have done this as a 2-parter instead of a 3-parter if she stopped ominously reminding everyone that her 2 year old son witnessed her murder.

but! that being said - i am not familiar with this case (americans, amirite?) so looking forward to hearing about this one regardless.

whether the next 2 parts will be out within a couple of days of each other…i hope so but track record says no. we’ll see

no seriously…

take a shot/drink every time the 2 year old witnessing her murder is mentioned. 🥂

i bet she could have done this as a 2-parter instead of a 3-parter if she stopped ominously reminding everyone that her 2 year old son witnessed her murder.

but! that being said - i am not familiar with this case (americans, amirite?) so looking forward to hearing about this one regardless.

whether the next 2 parts will be out within a couple of days of each other…i hope so but track record says no. we’ll see

no seriously…

take a shot/drink every time the 2 year old witnessing her murder is mentioned. 🥂
Ugh, as I've said before, she focuses (almost seems to enjoy) all the shocking, tragic details, more than important facts about the case.
I haven't watched her video, and won't be now I know she's doing multiple parts. But I remember seeing the victim's son's This Morning interview (on YouTube).
There's also a documentary about it on YouTube, so I'll rather watch that!

Reactions: 2
3 parts? I won't be watching, I predict each part will have a sponsor of course

Reactions: 6
sooooo….bc i didn’t feel like waiting to hear the end of the story, I started watching Mollie Westbrook’s video on this case and…

well…

it’s actually quite freaky how similar e’s verbiage is to what mollie is saying. I understand they are probably looking at the same or similar sources but just…the beats of the story are almost identical…the parts that Mollie calls out as being especially tragic are the same things called out in pt 1 of e’s video.

am i crazy??

Reactions: 2
i love eleanor and had no clue about the sisters victim asking her to take a video down 😬 thats really put me off her tbh, true crime is such a sensitive subject for families. unless you are gonna put everything into researching and getting all the facts simply don’t do it. i feel like she’s lost her passion for true crime.

Reactions: 7
sooooo….bc i didn’t feel like waiting to hear the end of the story, I started watching Mollie Westbrook’s video on this case and…

well…

it’s actually quite freaky how similar e’s verbiage is to what mollie is saying. I understand they are probably looking at the same or similar sources but just…the beats of the story are almost identical…the parts that Mollie calls out as being especially tragic are the same things called out in pt 1 of e’s video.

am i crazy??
You're not crazy! I watched Mollie's video as well and it's so similar.

Also the sponsor, Function of Beauty I've seen many people have issues with hair loss from these shampoos and conditioners.

Reactions: 11
Ugh, as I've said before, she focuses (almost seems to enjoy) all the shocking, tragic details, more than important facts about the case.
I haven't watched her video, and won't be now I know she's doing multiple parts. But I remember seeing the victim's son's This Morning interview (on YouTube).
There's also a documentary about it on YouTube, so I'll rather watch that!
I agree she focuses on the gory / sensationalist elements of a case rather than facts. It’s quite uncomfortable to watch. I haven’t watched Eleanor in perhaps a year unless it’s come on auto play and I haven’t clicked off when I’ve been doing other things, because I can’t cope with 2 parters just for her to make some money and the lack of empathy she displays.

Function of beauty hello fresh etc are literally coming across as well sponsor anyone and the concerns with function of beauty does make me question these youtubers integrity

Function of beauty hello fresh etc are literally coming across as well sponsor anyone and the concerns with function of beauty does make me question these youtubers integrity
I don’t mind hello fresh and I’ve used them a few times when I’ve been busy with work and want quickish easy meals to prepare but it does put me off a bit how many influencers they use to advertise. Wouldn’t touch function of beauty with a barge pole.

The constant sponsors is ridiculous. I’d understand maybe one or two companies she actually uses sponsoring her, but there’s no way she actually cares about all the products she’s paid to advertise. Can’t believe she uses people’s deaths to do these brand deals. Imagine someone you loved was murdered and you click on a video about it and the first thing you hear is a function of beauty add and all the gory details with barely any remorse shown for your loved one. I remember watching Eleanor’s older videos where she talked about how the case made her really upset and now she just jumps into talking about these horrible stories and ignoring the fact this happened to an actual person who had a life, friends and families.

Reactions: 17
I formulate skin and haircare products and whilst function of beauty is over priced for what it is, it's not the worst ingredient list I've looked into, plus Eleanor's hair is actual goals.

I personally adore her, she's about 20 years years younger than me so I feel a bit like her mum, but I like how she almost doesn't let the most tragic parts of a crime go without really homing in on the horror usually caused by the media, I find that she's also quite articulate and whilst knowing that cases such as Jon benet or madeline will bring all the masses to the yard, she still goes for cases that don't receive the coverage, maybe that's why I do really quite like her.

Kendal rae I could slap about but still watch her.

• Haha
Not saying anything new but the fact every part of the most recent case that she covered has its own unique sponsor (and one being haircare?) is taking the piss. Feels like it was dragged out for that reason. I actually found the video really interesting to watch but the ads are taking the piss.

Reactions: 9
Omg it peed me off no end when she made the Rachel Nickell case a 3 parter! Mollie Westbroke did it just as well (if not better as she read and promoted Alex's book & I'm sure she donated to a charity in her name too) all in ONE VIDEO. I learned absolutely nothing new from EN's 3 videos, a lot of it was repetitive fodder, sponsor, disclaimer, recap, "like I said...."

Reactions: 10
you think she's had some sort of weight loss surgery? she's looking slimmer in the face recently

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.