Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it depends on whether the whole video is an advert or whether it’s just a part of the video. Maybe there’s no obligation for youtubers to specify a video is sponsored in the title as long as it’s mentioned in the video. If there was then most of Eleanor’s videos would have it.
I thought they had to declare AD in the title even if it was just a small segment so as not to mislead people to watch it therefore contribute to their engagement etc without knowing it was an AD?

Reactions: 4
Her new two-parter probably doesn't even talk about the actual case for an hour when you take out the ads and the recap of the first part.

I thought they had to declare AD in the title even if it was just a small segment so as not to mislead people to watch it therefore contribute to their engagement etc without knowing it was an AD?
Found on the ASA website:
'This is considered ‘sponsored’ content rather than an ‘ad’ under the CAP Code, so not for the ASA. But CMA rules apply here – you must make sure content is clearly identifiable as being paid-for. For example, by using the label ‘advertisement feature’ or ‘advertisement promotion’.'

Her new two-parter probably doesn't even talk about the actual case for an hour when you take out the ads and the recap of the first part.
Exactly! Totally unnecessary to split into two, she just wants more money for these sponsorships smh.

Reactions: 3
Why does she never put PART 1, PART 2 in her titles. My auto youtube started playing her second part of her most recent (likely un-necessary two parter) but until she started talking I had no idea it was two parts. Its so annoying.

Reactions: 12
Why does she never put PART 1, PART 2 in her titles. My auto youtube started playing her second part of her most recent (likely un-necessary two parter) but until she started talking I had no idea it was two parts. Its so annoying.
And she often gives the videos completely different names and even different thumbnails so you don't realise what is what.

So even if I had no issues with her unnecessary two parters, I would be annoyed by her content for that reason. Imagine catching up after a while and not knowing what order to watch her videos in?

She is so lazy and everything she churns is actually sub standard nothing new added 🙄

Reactions: 5
She can barely string a sensical sentence together sometimes as well. Like at least edit out the bits where you cant think of the right words and do another take 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I know people have moaned about the gym shark collab but the advice that was given I did actually find really interesting. Theirs a large park near me that I walk around often in the evenings and it would never have really popped into my mind to change route etc as you never know who’s watching, also the story that followed and the fact the girl had the app which tracks routes etc made me download a similar one where I can send energency flag to a contact. Bit shady she said she always wears gym shark when we’ve never seen her wearing it before but you know, big girls can wear fitness clothes as well

Reactions: 2
I know people have moaned about the gym shark collab but the advice that was given I did actually find really interesting. Theirs a large park near me that I walk around often in the evenings and it would never have really popped into my mind to change route etc as you never know who’s watching, also the story that followed and the fact the girl had the app which tracks routes etc made me download a similar one where I can send energency flag to a contact. Bit shady she said she always wears gym shark when we’ve never seen her wearing it before but you know, big girls can wear fitness clothes as well
For me it was the fact it felt so disrespectful to the 14 year old girl who had died and her family. It’s a great message but a lot of time was spent on it and then almost followed by and this girl didn’t do that and is dead. Just felt inappropriate - alongside the fact we have never heard Eleanor talk about running etc it doesn’t sit right. Nobody is saying bigger people can’t wear gym wear but again have we ever seen Eleanor wear gym clothes even for lounging? No. Just another ad for something for money rather than genuinely using the product.

Reactions: 18
I don’t really get how she has so many subs, there’s a lot of hype around her so I thought I’d have a look and honestly I feel like she’s a bit insensitive to the families, every video i clicked on had a spon?!

I don’t really get how she has so many subs, there’s a lot of hype around her so I thought I’d have a look and honestly I feel like she’s a bit insensitive to the families, every video i clicked on had a spon?!
I have a feeling they're all from her collab with Kendell Rae

Reactions: 3
All of her ads never make any sense. The function of beauty ads, gaming apps, gym shark etc, we’ve never seen her use or play any of these things, she never posts content about it whether it be on her youtube twitter or instagram.
Ads only work and make people actually want to buy things when influencers are seen using them. Bella Fiori for example, her channel is lifestyle/true crime. She often does videos on her day routines, fashion hauls, skincare etc and her ads actually correlate to her channel, making people want to invest.
Eleanors ads never make any sense, which constantly makes it seem like all she cares about is sponsorships and money

All of her ads never make any sense. The function of beauty ads, gaming apps, gym shark etc, we’ve never seen her use or play any of these things, she never posts content about it whether it be on her youtube twitter or instagram.
Ads only work and make people actually want to buy things when influencers are seen using them. Bella Fiori for example, her channel is lifestyle/true crime. She often does videos on her day routines, fashion hauls, skincare etc and her ads actually correlate to her channel, making people want to invest.
Eleanors ads never make any sense, which constantly makes it seem like all she cares about is sponsorships and money
I think all she does care about is sponsorship and money in a way, she used to moan all the time about being demonetised (I don’t follow her on anything now so don’t know) so now she ensures she always gets paid, which is fine to an extent, but she’ll do ads for anything and they always seem disrespectful. I much prefer the way Georgia Marie or Danelle Hallen do ads they just seem more respectful but maybe it’s because their execution of the videos is more respectful.

Reactions: 7
Another two parter 😡😡😡 where she blames her subscribers for long cases. This video is 33 minutes, 3 minutes is her sponsor. 30 minutes. Say the second half is 30 minutes that’s an hour. Perfectly reasonable length of video for a true crime case - others can be way over an hour. Just say you’re a lazy money grabber Eleanor no need to keep lying. (Not watching it now I know it’s two parts!)

Reactions: 16
Another two parter 😡😡😡 where she blames her subscribers for long cases. This video is 33 minutes, 3 minutes is her sponsor. 30 minutes. Say the second half is 30 minutes that’s an hour. Perfectly reasonable length of video for a true crime case - others can be way over an hour. Just say you’re a lazy money grabber Eleanor no need to keep lying. (Not watching it now I know it’s two parts!)
Every time I click on a video and she says it’s a 2 parter I click off. I wouldn’t mind too much if she would specify in the title because I prefer to wait until the next part is out so I can watch it all at once but she likes to just leave her viewers guessing.

Reactions: 9
Honestly ,she’s not the best technically and professionally but I’ve been watching her for years .I like her as a bit of background noise while I’m cleaning the kitchen or bathroom lol.She looks like she’s lost some weight recently ,her face has changed loads in her most recent videos

I can't watch her two parters it's unnecessary and just shows how revenue hungry she is. I don't know why kendal collabed with her an hour true crime with good detail is reasonable

Reactions: 6
I do wonder why she hasn’t moved out yet sometimes.. she must be making a lot of money; sponsorships for every single video, most of her videos are monetised nowadays as well, her JD sports show, merch, channel member stuff. I’d say in the past year alone she’s made many £100,000s . I’m not saying it’s a bad thing not having moved, but she is 22, and I get the feeling she’s got a lot of money. Perhaps the reason for the plethora of sponsors is because she’s planning on buying a house soon

Reactions: 1
I was early to her recent 2 parter (I watched it about an hour after her uploading) and the amount of comments of people crying at a ‘cliffhanger’.... :sick:

Somebody has lost their life and people act as if it’s a tv show that is completely made up. This is REAL LIFE and it isn’t made up for entertainment, I am so sick of Eleanor treating these cases as if they are a silly drama, it’s real life. Just do it all in one video, or if the video will be over an hour and a half THEN it’ll be acceptable for a two parter (Stephanie Harlow does this, and she actually does her ads respectfully). Eleanor can’t make a video over an hour long because she doesn’t do any research, she just recites Wikipedia. So sick of her taking advantage of people who have died to turn it into a drama and cliffhangers and anticipation all so she can get extra £££.

True crime isn’t about the money. Especially when the sponsorships are completely unrelated to your channel. Why do other youtubers in the true crime community get less views than this fool.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.